PDA

View Full Version : Calorie Manipulation?

thachozenonebx
03-15-2009, 01:54 PM
What up Natties

Question.....

I just started the summer diet last week. I am following a Palumbo-esque sorta plan. I was wondering in general do you guys ever eat less calories on a days you dont train or do cardio?

Koubs
03-15-2009, 02:26 PM
If you doing the palumbo diet with just protein and fats, I don't see any reason to drop any calories on off days... I wouldn't do that...

You say "Palumbo-exque sorta plan" tho... So maybe if you could describe that?? Are you keeping in some carbs?? What does "Palumbo-esque" consist of??

thachozenonebx
03-15-2009, 02:40 PM
If you doing the palumbo diet with just protein and fats, I don't see any reason to drop any calories on off days... I wouldn't do that...

You say "Palumbo-exque sorta plan" tho... So maybe if you could describe that?? Are you keeping in some carbs?? What does "Palumbo-esque" consist of??

well i stay away from direct carb sources....

Breakfast- 30 grams of whey protein with 3 omega eggs
lunch 1 8 oz grilled chicken with 1tb of PB
lunch28 oz grilled chicken with 1/2 cup of spinach
dinner 2 sole fillets with 1/2 cup of spinach
before bed shake 50 grams of whey with a tablespoon and a 1/2 of pb

Koubs
03-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Gotcha... I'd say have some some almonds or some other kind of fat source with the lunch.. 1/4 cup of almonds or another TBSP and a 1/2 of PB... But no reason to drop calories on days you don't train... You should be good with this... Good luck bud

Military Might
03-15-2009, 04:21 PM
no you don't drop calories on your off days.
Reason being is that your off days are there for your recovery and you need to eat in order to fully recover. so i'd say no.

Oh and i agree with Koubs, you may find replacing that peanut butter with some almonds or walnuts (walnuts re cheaper) you'd get a more pure source of fats. and maybe throw some Olive Oil into the mix as well it's also a good source of fats, and when you're dieting the Keto way fats are your energy so dont get all stingey on them!

thachozenonebx
03-15-2009, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the info fellas:D. I have been weary that i may go overboard with the fats but i do keep a can of mix almond/cashews in the car in case im hungry.

thepump
03-21-2009, 05:03 AM
:beerbang:
Thanks for the info fellas:D. I have been weary that i may go overboard with the fats but i do keep a can of mix almond/cashews in the car in case im hungry.

sounds like me. i love daves plan of attack and stay on it 100%

keep up your good work bro

miamibodybuilder
03-07-2011, 09:36 AM
well if you're doing a keto diet, why are you dropping calories. i think you're intake is already low enough with just protein and fats and zero carbs. but then again i dont know what "palumbo-ESQUE" means either. lol remember that not everyone is made for a keto diet, a lot of us bodybuilders lose muscle mass during a keto and thats why we always have some carbs in our meals. as for me, i carb cycle most of the time and thats what works best for my body. everyone is different. if you're going to keep following the keto, just follow the same diet dont lower anything man. you're gonna lose muscle mass way to much and too quickly good luck