PDA

View Full Version : Monica Brant leaves IFBB for WBFF

Femphysiquefan
07-05-2010, 01:54 AM
Still can't believe this has happened. What a shocker!!!

http://www.bodysport.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=597:monica-brant-joins-the-wbff&catid=163:superfeature

BurntBody
07-05-2010, 07:52 AM
Way to go Monica !!!!!

Good Luck !

Easy
07-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Why did the original thread created by Jumbo Palumbo get deleted???

The Big Sexy
07-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Why did the original thread created by Jumbo Palumbo get deleted???

Thread? :)

Maybe I can speak on this.

While we all encourage the freedom of expression and speech - this is a privately owned forum. Dave and many of the moderators/admin here are intertwined within the industry. Dave gets press passes from various IFBB and NPC entities and part of what makes this site great is the contest coverage and the "inside track" that Dave provides for all the members.

People may have opinions regarding the "powers that be" and that is great. But these opinions must be tempered to a certain degree so as to not outright bash the NPC and IFBB. Not everyone is going to see eye-to-eye on this... but it is important to know that this venue, Rx Muscle, isn't the venue for an unabridged bashing of the IFBB or NPC.

Sure, inconsistencies in judging or questioning this or that is ok - but in the original Monica Brant thread - there was some very serious slinging going on.

Now, I'm not one to say truth or not truth. In fact, I'm in the middle of my contest prep and probably shouldn't be commenting at all.

However, I'm very happy with the contest coverage that Dave provides and that Rx features. I would hate to see that diminished in any fashion because a couple people weren't allowed to freely speak their minds.

It's a bit of a trade-off... you concede a little free speech and you get a ton of contest coverage, great inside event coverage, Rx Girl, Iron Asylum, etc.

Love Dave or Hate Dave - you gotta hand it to him that he gets the job done. I'm a little blood sugar dipped right now... so I'm like spinning... but on the real... say what you want to say - but just keep in mind the venue you are saying it on and what that venue has to do to keep things going.

Fuck I just confused myself.

GirlyMuscle
07-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Blame it on the lack of carbs. I understood you. :)

The Big Sexy
07-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Blame it on the lack of carbs. I understood you. :)

I just finished training back... I'm trying to eat right now and make it back to the gym for my 1230 client... after which, I must do 30 minutes on the stepmill... this is fun.

BurntBody
07-07-2010, 06:37 AM
If I may also speak on this!
There will always be haters I dont think the NPC or IFBB was the intended target , but may have ended up this way ! I understand Daves position and would assume he made a soild judgement call financialy . I dont agree with removing posts from a public forum! but to keep this forum alive it was a must!
I believe it was a marketing decision for Monica, she felt this was a sound move to further her carrer and I wish her well

Now that wasnt bad for a very low Blood sugar this morning !!!!
( cant spell or type this morning , oh those Long Islanders wondering who I am I go way back, to working with Big Vinny ( god rest his soul ) his cousin Harry ( another tradgey) worked for me at the clubs , I just didnt appear been around the sport almost 30 years )

Thread? :)

People may have opinions regarding the "powers that be" and that is great. But these opinions must be tempered to a certain degree so as to not outright bash the NPC and IFBB. Not everyone is going to see eye-to-eye on this... but it is important to know that this venue, Rx Muscle, isn't the venue for an unabridged bashing of the IFBB or NPC.

Sure, inconsistencies in judging or questioning this or that is ok - but in the original Monica Brant thread - there was some very serious slinging going on.

Now, I'm not one to say truth or not truth. In fact, I'm in the middle of my contest prep and probably shouldn't be commenting at all.

However, I'm very happy with the contest coverage that Dave provides and that Rx features. I would hate to see that diminished in any fashion because a couple people weren't allowed to freely speak their minds.

Love Dave or Hate Dave - you gotta hand it to him that he gets the job done. I'm a little blood sugar dipped right now... so I'm like spinning... but on the real... say what you want to say - but just keep in mind the venue you are saying it on and what that venue has to do to keep things going.

Fuck I just confused myself.

tiramisu
07-07-2010, 06:41 AM
So you can't openly criticize IFBB family or officials on RX Muscle?

Now there's a steaming pile of manure. The fear of reprisal says an awful lot about the sad state of things in several ways.

PTB
12-28-2010, 01:32 PM
BUMP,

just saw Monica on the cover of the latest Oxygen magazine.

I'd be curious to think whether some still thought it was a bad move IF she's still getting mainstream coverage?

Chondrobob
12-28-2010, 02:46 PM
Its great that newer organizations create dialog and change, Ifbb npc are the biggest and oldest but certainly they have much room for improvement, the way they Manhandle media, athletes, even promoters for instance you can "cover us only" or lose your press pass seems heavy handed and reflects on typically its Bulling, Its constant inconsistent judging at one event to the next and disregard to the athletes is a reminder of how disrespectful they are to the journey each and every competitor endures. Yes their the only game in town and you had to play by their rules til now, My hat is off to Wbff if it provokes positive things or change to Ifbb npc just like the ABA did in basketball and having more than one organization can only foster a healthier competitive market for the sport.