PDA

View Full Version : what do you do outside the gym?

tammyp
07-05-2010, 05:33 AM
hobbies?

Wendy
07-05-2010, 08:02 AM
gardening, rollerblading (not well :)) reading thrillers or horror novels when I get a chance. Seems like I really don't have a lot of hobbies other then bodybuilding now that I actually think about it. I am lucky enough to have a full gym above my garage with cental air so I spend most of my free time up there!

Toniann
07-05-2010, 08:45 AM
I spend a lot of time at the beach or by the lake with my kids, we pack our meals and we make a day out of it searching for sea shells, when finances permit we like going to water parks. The ironic part is I don't know how to swim but I spend a lot of time in the water.

shankuan
07-05-2010, 10:31 AM
I buy books! I admit I have an addiction to books or reading (depending on which way you look at it)! 4 weeks ago, i bought 18 books in 9 days and read them all in less than 2 weeks. Went to Boston last week and at each airport layover (1-4hrs) i found a bookstore and walked out with no less than 3 books.

Other than that, I play competitive beach volleyball, coach indoor volleyball and play kalooki with my friends most Friday nights.

sassy69
07-05-2010, 01:42 PM
work, shop for shoes, read.

Z33ACV2
07-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Work (in a gym) and read books. I used to knit scarves and blankets but I grip the needles too hard that my hands would get tired.

Is taking a nap a hobby?:)

SallyAnne
07-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Lately, I haven't had a lot of time for anything fun including bbing - but when I'm in a normal routine, I take the dogs/kid hiking, we explore the wilderness on our quads, grow a garden, travel.

tammyp
07-05-2010, 03:52 PM
im a hiker and a snow shoe-er in the winter. after work, training and here..thats about it. im a home body ...so just hanging with radar and my hubby watching movies makes me happy.

THE BEST DAMN GURU
07-05-2010, 06:10 PM
I write ... read, tend to read 2 or 3 books at the same time cause I get bored easily. We also go fishing alot... drive to this little seaside place about 2hours from where we live and hangout there. Go to most new movies that come out, rent or buy to watch at home ... I also love cleaning ... it relaxes me, or do yardwork ... Other than that, spend time with our 3dogs and make sure they don't get bored with things:)

LisaRD23
07-06-2010, 11:04 AM
It's hard to squeeze anything in between work & gym...but I read alot- more in the winter.

I'm a home body too. Hubby, kid and I love movie nights!

SallyAnne
07-06-2010, 11:12 AM
I write ... read, tend to read 2 or 3 books at the same time cause I get bored easily. We also go fishing alot... drive to this little seaside place about 2hours from where we live and hangout there. Go to most new movies that come out, rent or buy to watch at home ... I also love cleaning ... it relaxes me, or do yardwork ... Other than that, spend time with our 3dogs and make sure they don't get bored with things:)

You're my new BFF! I have plenty of cleaning and yardwork for you. :D lol

The Prodigy
07-06-2010, 11:21 AM
I like to read as well! I enjoy shopping, rollerblading, movies and surfing. Ever since I bought my condo I am perfectly happy being home.....I wonder why?

shankuan
07-06-2010, 06:57 PM
I like to read as well! I enjoy shopping, rollerblading, movies and surfing. Ever since I bought my condo I am perfectly happy being home.....I wonder why?

Because having the COMFORT of being in YOUR OWN space with all your comforts, makes you all warm and tingly inside, and it can be so euphoric that leaving home kinda boggles the mind??? :D

At least that would be my reasoning :p

Wetdawg
07-06-2010, 07:19 PM
I do alot of little Hobbies but nothing is a constant. Collect coins, restore cars, and Volunteer my time in the community where I live are hobbies of mine. I see gardening and yardwork as a chore, altho my wife makes it her hobby. I love spending time with my family which is not a hobby. My wife tells me sleeping is a hobby of mine. I think I never get enough. :)

GirlyMuscle
07-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Because having the COMFORT of being in YOUR OWN space with all your comforts, makes you all warm and tingly inside, and it can be so euphoric that leaving home kinda boggles the mind??? :D

At least that would be my reasoning :p

Ahhh, yes...must be why I spend so much time in my room. Besides, my car it's my only ME place. Well, and the gym. ;)

I can crochet, but I don't. I can read, but I only do it during cardio. I guess surfing the web is my biggest hobby.

THE BEST DAMN GURU
07-06-2010, 08:51 PM
You're my new BFF! I have plenty of cleaning and yardwork for you. :D lol

LOL .... well there's a diet coming up and this gets stressfull after a few weeks ... so to destress I'll come do your housework and yardwork... and folding clothes really relaxes me :)

tammyp
07-07-2010, 05:08 AM
im an only child and love my time alone. working with people all day i enjoy quiet...thank god i never had kids~

whiteknight
07-28-2010, 09:15 AM
I love hiking as well

A little site of our trips
http://www.hikebuzz.com/

Also use to 4x4 race

yes, another site of our fun
http://www.whiteknight.ca/

s2h
08-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Q..do you ladies that work in a gym/pt find it more difficult to get motivated to train..my wife is a FBB and does PT full-time...i always wonder were she finds the motivation...i admire it as i find i would burn out being in that enviroment all day and then having to train.....just curious??

sassy69
08-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Q..do you ladies that work in a gym/pt find it more difficult to get motivated to train..my wife is a FBB and does PT full-time...i always wonder were she finds the motivation...i admire it as i find i would burn out being in that enviroment all day and then having to train.....just curious??

I don't train people and I make it a point to help when asked but not actually offer to "train" people as I don't want to count reps for people. I go into the gym as an outlet from my other job where I drive a desk all day. I often need to go to the gym just to socialize w/ people (not at work), blast my heavy metal because I need the release of throwing around heavy stuff, or to explore some new exercises or try something I"ve wanted to check out, Another issue I have is if I need to do a lot of regular cardio, if I adjust my schedule to train w/ someone else, invariably I have to go way out of my way to get in my cardio or cut it short because they don't feel like doing an hour with me. Then I just get pissed off - so generally I am very stingy w/ my time in the gym, because it costs me just about every time I alter my training to make room for someone else.

If it were my job to train people and I had a schedule of time to do it, I still think it would drive me nuts, but it is also time when you are scheduled to "be friendly" and "help people" as opposed to the time I set aside for myself and other people horn in on. I already put in my time at my "day job" (and also have to check email most of the time I'm not at work to stay up on any client emergencies), so my gym time is what I consider "mine".

11Hungrybb
08-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Sassy, will you train me?

I really enjoy cooking and modifying the recipes from http://www.cooksillustrated.com/

sassy69
08-02-2010, 07:34 PM
Sassy, will you train me?

I really enjoy cooking and modifying the recipes from http://www.cooksillustrated.com/

I'll train ya, big boy!

tankygirl
08-03-2010, 05:11 AM
Getting out on my bike... with as much noise, wind and speed around me as possible to drown out the world... and reading.. so I can lock myself away from the world...

I prefer to train alone, if I wanted to train with someone I would play netball not push weights, I push weights cause I ain't a team player lol

hmmmm maybe I should change my name to Hermitcrab...

**blondie**
08-05-2010, 02:31 PM
I am also a hermit,,, after working all week behind a desk in a busy office then leaving the office & going to the gym for training by the time the weekend gets here the things i enjoy are ... reading(I find it relaxing), renting a good movie, floating around in a pool,,