PDA

View Full Version : HEAVY MUSCLE RADIO: Mon (7/5/10) 8pm EST: Lou Costa (Bros Vs. Pros) & ED "COOKIE" JARVIS!

Jeff The Producer
07-05-2010, 06:17 PM
http://www.rxmuscle.com/images/banners/heavymusclebanner.jpg

Happy 4th of July!!

http://www.alrindustries.com/images/logo/new-alr-industries-logo-sm.jpg

The BSN Bros Vs. Pros 4 DEADLIFT Challenge was not without controversy. Runner-up Lou Costa stormed off after being stopped 1 rep shy of tying Frank Domingoes (the eventual champ) after he paused too long at the bottom of his lift. He gives his first interview since that fateful competition, and explains his side of the story. . . only on Heavy Muscle Radio!

The tradition in Coney Island, New York every July 4th is the annual Nathan's Famous Hotdog Eating Contest! Former competitive eating champ (and Long Island native) Ed "Cookie" Jarvis witnessed the event, and gives a bird's eye view of why Takeru Kobayashi was arrested!

Plus, Dave & John preview the upcoming NPC Team Universe and IFBB New York Pro Figure competitions this weekend ... as well as the IFBB PBW Championships (taking place in 2 weeks)

HEAVY MUSCLE RADIO airs on Monday, July 5th, 2010 at 8 PM EST/4 PM PST. Just go to RXMUSCLE.com and click on the HEAVY MUSCLE RADIO page of the website or simply click on the following link to join the party:

Click here to listen to HEAVY MUSCLE RADIO! (http://www.rxmuscle.com/hmr-radio-show.html)

On-Demand Replays and Podcasts will be available 24/7 a few hours after the show for your convenience.

LOU COSTA, BROS VS. PROS IV: RUNNER UP!

ED "COOKIE" JARVIS, COMPETITIVE EATER!

The Big King
07-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Awesome!:) Lets hear whats Costa excuse is.

Jeff The Producer
07-05-2010, 07:10 PM
HEAVY MUSCLE RADIO is now up - click here to listen and DOWNLOAD! (http://www.rxmuscle.com/hmr-radio-show.html)

FIREBLAST
07-05-2010, 07:11 PM
HEAVY MUSCLE RADIO is now up - click here to listen and DOWNLOAD! (http://www.rxmuscle.com/hmr-radio-show.html)

You're the man Jeff, thanks!

huge285
07-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Check out "SMART SHAKE" that JOHN and I were discussing!

dz3Ktbatlp0

Aaron Singerman
07-05-2010, 07:34 PM

dz3Ktbatlp0

Pretty cool! Only one problem I can see... Not enough space in the shaker... I use 3-4 scoops... Looks like it might be a tight fit.

GDavis
07-05-2010, 07:35 PM

dz3Ktbatlp0

Anybody remember the days before the "blenda bottle". where now shaker cup actually blended anything. You were left with clump soup. Everyday you had to blend and even worse clean the blender.:byeb:

Diggy
07-05-2010, 07:38 PM
you need this

Jfxv88W4By0

Maximus78
07-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Shaker cups drive me nuts cause they leak.. Ill take your word for it Dave and John and order one when you get em in.

BuffGuy
07-05-2010, 10:28 PM
that shaker is awsome

Diggy
07-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Best shaker I used so far is the blender ball

Warped
07-06-2010, 06:00 AM
Havent used it as much as I thought I would. I have to start doing cardio after weight training maybe.:dunno:

This Is War
07-06-2010, 07:16 AM
Looks like an interestign show!

Lou had a lot mroe reps in him on that deadlift, I'd be pissed too!

Dave, on the topic of eating contests, what ever happened to the RX Sushi eating contest? The steak eating contest vid was epic!

MisterSweden
07-06-2010, 07:38 AM
that shaker is awsome

Sweden got more than just IKEA, now we got the coolest shakers in the world as well. :yep:

JamalH
07-06-2010, 12:48 PM
Looking forward to seeing Cookie's progress Dave, and i NEED a few of them shakers

huge285
07-06-2010, 03:44 PM
COOKIE JARVIS is a very large man! I didnt realize he had gone over 500lbs........ I'd like to talk him into an EAT-OFF against FURIOUS PETE!

SmartShake
07-06-2010, 04:30 PM
We got alot of emails from people in US, think we need to send a couple of containers with SmartShake to you Dave :)

Louis Costa
07-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Just wanted to give a quick thanx to dave for inviting me on the radio show. Was a good time. We Laughed a lil, Cried a little, Brought a good cause "Bears" into the public eye. I think we are now better people for having experienced it together.

Jk

Big thanx Again Dave, and the RXmuscle community.

Lou

Jer
07-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Pretty cool! Only one problem I can see... Not enough space in the shaker... I use 3-4 scoops... Looks like it might be a tight fit.

In the vid, it looked like 2 scoops might be a tight fit. If I can't fit 2 scoops in, I'll pass.

SmartShake
07-06-2010, 06:00 PM
The small containers hold 120ml/ 4 oz but I want you to know that we will release a bigger version in a couple if weeks.

Jeff The Producer
07-06-2010, 08:18 PM
In the vid, it looked like 2 scoops might be a tight fit. If I can't fit 2 scoops in, I'll pass.

The small containers hold 120ml/ 4 oz but I want you to know that we will release a bigger version in a couple if weeks.

I live on protein shakes basically, and Dave gave me one of the smart shakers and I was impressed with the quality and the ability to store more powder in two separate containers, which screw on to the bottom of the cup -- that's a really great idea.

As for it being too small, a high quality isolate will mix 2 scoops in 4oz no problem. I should know, I do it all the time. (just used this shaker before posting, actually) A larger one is welcome though, but this one is perfect for post workout and having shakes between meals.

JamalH
07-06-2010, 09:32 PM

Any chance if getting these to Australia? or i could just wait for Dave

This Is War
07-06-2010, 11:16 PM
Those shaker cups look cool!

Are they going to be available in stores or just the webstie?

SmartShake
07-07-2010, 01:14 AM
We have a distributor in Australia, it should be in all major stores within a few months. You could send an email to the distributor, look at our website www.smartshake.com on the reseller page.

Maximus78
07-07-2010, 01:41 AM
I live on protein shakes basically, and Dave gave me one of the smart shakers and I was impressed with the quality and the ability to store more powder in two separate containers, which screw on to the bottom of the cup -- that's a really great idea.

As for it being too small, a high quality isolate will mix 2 scoops in 4oz no problem. I should know, I do it all the time. (just used this shaker before posting, actually) A larger one is welcome though, but this one is perfect for post workout and having shakes between meals.

(Aarons voice)"Yes indeed JTP in fact when I performed the geometrical analysis on the capacity of the storage compartments of these shaker cups it will only hold 86.999 grams of protein powder. so I myself on a regular basis consumes 3 scoops of protein powder which equates to 90 grams and when you add crumbled frosted strawberry pop-tarts, it is indeed way too small for my preference.. Thank you"

2manytoyz
07-07-2010, 06:20 AM
Great show again,

props to Lou for being a natural, If he went on the juice he would probaly turn into the hulk

PTB
07-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Interesting how perspective changes.

When RX radio started, John wasn't in NY, and I thought the shows were good.
Then I thought the show really when up a notch when he got to NY and was in studio.
Now John is on the phone again, and it seems worse, even though it should have been no worse than when the show first started.

I guess I got used to not hearing that "hiss" in the background anymore, and to hear it again, you take for granted him being in studio.

Good show though.

stugots_
07-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Good show!

Those shaker cups look awesome!

SmartShake
07-08-2010, 12:54 AM
Good show!

Those shaker cups look awesome!

Thank you

SmartShake
07-08-2010, 03:12 AM
Feel free to contact us on mail: [email protected] ([email protected]) or [email protected] ([email protected])

Yours sincerely

Martin Alexandersson

Businessdeveloper - Sales