PDA

View Full Version : Very new have questions???

jamoser
07-06-2010, 01:03 PM
New to this site and to bodybuilding. Interested in entering the Eastern USA in New York this fall. Any advice? At 55, i'll be 56 show time, don't know how I will fare against guys at this level.

Wh1teruss1an
07-06-2010, 01:06 PM
Are you looking for specific advice, like diet or training? Or contest prep advice?

jamoser
07-06-2010, 01:10 PM
I think the show is Oct 9 which puts me at three months out. I want to start a diet and am not sure exactly how to start. I eat clean and try to stay lean, just don't know how to get a show diet started. Also, are there stages to the diet? I read a lot of stuff and just can't figure it all out.

jamoser
07-06-2010, 01:11 PM
I guess training is also an issue. Whether to go light or stay heavy, and for how long. How much cardio, just too knew I guess. Just have to start somewhere.

Hammerfit
07-06-2010, 01:35 PM
I think the show is Oct 9 which puts me at three months out. I want to start a diet and am not sure exactly how to start. I eat clean and try to stay lean, just don't know how to get a show diet started. Also, are there stages to the diet? I read a lot of stuff and just can't figure it all out.

Would love to help, I am a 55 year old NPC competitor, check out our site.http://www.hammerfitbody.net
It goes without saying all of us here will help you.

joedemarco
07-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Give us something to work with. Height, weight, body fat, etc. Maybe post some pics. What are you currently doing for training? What does your current diet look like?

jamoser
07-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Currently 5'5", 176lbs, 17.5 biceps, 23" thighs, 32 waist. Calfs 15", chest 43". Fairly lean, i think, however, some belly fat still to go. I will post picture when i can figure out how to do it. Hopefully soon. I think 12 weeks from the show, i am in good conditioning, just really need help on the proper work out and last weeks of diet to tighten and harden up.