PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay Lohan Sentenced to 90 Days in Jail

huge285
07-07-2010, 12:33 AM
Lindsay Lohan Sentenced to 90 Days in Jail

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.popeater.com/media/2010/07/lohansentence590.jpg
Lindsay Lohan was just sentenced to 90 days in jail followed by a 90-day in-patient rehab program for violating probation on a previous DUI case, TMZ (http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/06/lindsay-lohan-sentenced-jail-probation-violation-judge-marsha-revel/) is reporting. Lohan broke down in tears as Judge Marsha Revel revealed her decision. Lohan must surrender to the court on July 20 at 8:30am to begin serving her time.

Dina Lohan tells PopEater exclusively, "This is so not fair to do this to my child."

Lohan was given an opportunity to address the court before sentencing was set. She spoke for several minutes, tearfully apologizing and claiming she thought she was fulfilling her probation.

"I wasn't expecting any special treatment aside from the understanding that I have to provide for myself, I have to work. My schedule is, unfortunately, very different," Lohan told the court. "Having said that, I did do everything I was told to do and did the best I could to balance jobs and showing up."

"I'm not taking this as a joke. It's my life, it's my career," she continued. "I've learned from my experiences, I take responsibility for my actions, I've tried to do the best I can."

Ultimately, the judge didn't buy Lohan's defense, pointing out a pattern of violations dating back to 2007 when she was first placed on probation in 2007. "Because the program let her have some leeway, she thought it was OK. The court just doesn't buy it," the judge said.

Sheriff's spokesperson Steve Whitmore said many female inmates in Lohan's situation only serve about 25% of their sentence--which means about 23 days for Lohan.

Judge Revel heard testimony today from employees of Right On, the alcohol education program monitoring Lohan, who admitted the actress hadn't complied with the judge's orders to attend classes each week. Lohan missed a total of 7 meetings over the last 27 weeks.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.popeater.com/media/2010/07/lohan.jpgThough the judge asked Lohan to surrender immediately to begin her sentence, Lohan's lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley, requested a two-week delay so the actress could have time to prepare. The judge gave permission but required Lohan to keep her SCRAM device in place for the duration of the two week period.

Lohan was calm and collected in the Beverly Hills courtroom earlier this morning; she arrived early to the hearing with her lawyers and appeared in good spirits.

The actress may not have been fully aware of how badly her day could end. She took to Twitter in the early morning to voice her excitement about a sale on Louis Vuitton bags.

During the court proceedings, the judge ruled that she would not allow the prosecutor to present evidence that Lohan was drinking after the MTV Movie Awards on June 7.

The 24-year-old actress got on Judge Revel's bad side in May after failing to appear at a mandatory progress hearing over the terms of her probation, claiming she'd had her passport stolen while attending the Cannes Film Festival in France. A livid Revel issued a warrant, but Lohan avoided arrest by posting $100,000 bail while still overseas.

Upon her return to the States, Lohan appeared in court, where Revel scolded the actress by ordering her to lay off the Red Bull and vodkas, submit to random drug testing and wear an alcohol-monitoring device, called a SCRAM, around her ankle.

Two weeks later, the device detected an "alcohol-related" violation, as prosecutors coined it, while Lohan was partying after the MTV Movie Awards. Though the star and her lawyers downplayed the incident and it was later determined she had not been drinking, an enraged Revel doubled Lohan's bail to $200,000.

Since that incident, Lohan has not dialed back her nightlife activities, and she is routinely spotted -- with her SCRAM firmly in place -- at clubs and restaurants. But even without booze helping to fuel her exploits, Lohan has been keeping the paparazzi and gossip bloggers busy. While celebrating her 24th birthday on July 2, Lohan was allegedly punched in the face by a jealous waitress at club Voyeur.

This string of legal woes for Lohan stems from a June 2007 arrest in which she was taken into custody for suspicion of drunk driving and cocaine possession. Just a month earlier, she was arrested on another DUI charge. Lohan spent a total of 84 minutes in jail after pleading guilty to two misdemeanor counts of being under the influence of cocaine and no contest to two counts of driving with a blood-alcohol level above 0.08 percent and one count of reckless driving.

She was rapped with three years of probation, but in October asked for a year-long extension because she had fallen behind on her court-ordered alcohol-education classes. She attended 10 of the 13 required classes and officials said her "attitude is positive and receptive to ideas regarding lifestyle changes."

div#mainContainer {position:relative;}

stephaniewicked
07-07-2010, 02:02 AM
Good! The girl is a hotmess and needs a kick in the butt. She seems to think that the rules don't apply to her. Martha Stewart and Paris Hilton weren't too good to get put away and neither is she. Hopefully she learns from the experience and emerges a better, stronger person so she can be on the road to a better life.

Sledge
07-07-2010, 02:53 AM
She could make some of those women behind bars movies while she's there.

Hit-Girl
07-07-2010, 03:04 AM
She will be in 20 days and have it feel like a bad motel.

metallideth
07-09-2010, 07:24 PM
no one cares