PDA

View Full Version : Syntha 6

Casperd360
07-07-2010, 08:08 AM
I went into a nutrishop yesterday to buy a rtd syntha 6. I was out of protein and my order of protein isnt going to be here till today.

The guy at the store tried selling me some pro 5 protein brand that they carry. I asked him if it was his stores brand of protein. He said it was the only store who carried it. That it is an exclusive thing. He gave me a sample. Then proceeded to bash bsn and optimum and dymatize (which I havent even tried). He was telling me that there is lead and nail polish remover in syntha 6. Or at least the chemical compounds for them.

I googled some of the ingredients but didnt see anything about it. Anyone hear about this or is this guy just really trying to push the other product? When I told him I was going with the bsn anyways he was like "Its your body, you should know whats going in it." At this point I have to get to work and dont have time to argue with the guy. However his snide comment has pissed me off and I intend to go back and have a word or two with him.

Any thoughts?

(other than "why do they sell products that their sells reps claim to be harmful")

Also I posted this on a different board as well. Just wanted to see what people here thought about this.

tyedtye
07-07-2010, 09:20 AM
to be honest i do not know how true that is but as protein goes syntha 6 is not a good source for protein it is nearly a 40g scoop with 23-25g of protein what a joke isolyze is a much better sourse of cellucor do a great protein call iso lean just my thoughts

HammerStrength12
07-07-2010, 09:27 AM
I'm not a fan. It's very expensive, and you still need to mix it with some sort of dextrose/healthy carb after a workout. So your bill's gonna be pretty large.

Dynamatize's isolate is GREAT in my opinion. Very low price tag and just as good as the more expensive products. If you have a little more $$ to blow, I'd suggest isolyze and carbolyze for your post shake. Optimum is always reliable too.

Chris Pearce
07-07-2010, 09:32 AM
I agree, I don't really like RTD drinks because the quality of the drink diminishes when you add stabilizers and all the other un-needed junk. I prefer protein and nothing more...

But if you HAD to get and RTD, Syntha-6 would be my choice. The guy is full of shit... he's probably just trying to push a product.

And as you noted, Why would he sell a product that he claims to be harmful? If it is true and he knowingly sells the product... that's called NEGLIGENCE.

HammerStrength12
07-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Anyone remember that taste test they did at the Arnold? I had a lot of trouble believing that. No way that EVERYONE thinks syntha-6 tastes that much better than muscle milk and myoplex. I'm sure a lot of people like the stuff, but not THAT many

Sandpig
07-07-2010, 10:20 AM
Anyone remember that taste test they did at the Arnold? I had a lot of trouble believing that. No way that EVERYONE thinks syntha-6 tastes that much better than muscle milk and myoplex. I'm sure a lot of people like the stuff, but not THAT many

Those RTD's do taste great.
But, as far as that guy at the store, what a jackass!

Justin198922
07-09-2010, 12:08 PM

I cant get with myoplex taste. Wat u said b4 about carbolyze and isolyze I agree with you. Those two are a bit pricey tho I believe compared to syntha6. That guy at the store is full of shit btw

apex23
07-10-2010, 01:28 PM
Syntha 6 is taste great, but check out the amount of cholesterol that is in this product.