PDA

View Full Version : BIG J1's TAMPA PRO FBB PREDICTION THREAD

Big J1
07-07-2010, 01:13 PM
Third of Four Open pro women's show......I am looking at 27 names possible....I will hold the prediction part until I see the next contract update from the IFBB,....I personally know the number of contracts in is 23....I will highlight the four who are still "possible". This list no longer includes Cindy Phillips who has blogged/tweeted that she has not been able to complete her preparation..We will leave that discussion for another time. But even without her...11 US born (add Dayana, and Myriam if you wish) and 16 foreign born athletes.....What a great show...

IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER

Lisette Acevedo...last year's nationals MW winner. I likened her physique to a young Anja Langer...I think she will actually be in better condition for this show and I believe she will be the top debuting competitor

Irene Andersen...normally one of the largest women on stage, at 5'8" Irene has decided to streamline her physique this season and may compete at or less than 75kgs on stage. lets see how the judges evaluate this Swedish bombshell

Nicole Ball....three years ago Nicole hit the scene with a big splash, the face of the new criteria. She qualified for the Olympia each of the last three years finishing 8th, 11th and last year 12th.,. Nicole vows to bring a fuller yet more conditioned look this year...If so, she will contend for the title here. I hope so......

Helen Bouchard....2010 marks the return of this fabulous Canadian athlete. After a 2nd place finish in Atlantic City in 2006 and an 8th in the 2006 Olympia, Helen had an off year in 2007 and has worked her way back vowing to be better than ever. Those in the know think she may just pull it off. ultra muscular yet ripped to shreds...I look forward to her return she is one of the truly good people in this sport

Debbie Bramwell...looking to return to the Olympia stage, Debbie finished just out of the qualifications in NY (fourth) so returns to Tampa looking for a coveted top 3 spot. She will be in fabulous condition, always is and will pack heavy muscle on her 5'2" frame....If the symettry is on, her finish will be very high...

Brigita Brezovac (contract pending)...2nd in the world amateur HW in 2009 Brigita makes her pro debut here in Tampa. From Slovenia she will need to truly dial in her conditioning from previous performances to make an impact here. She has competed in WABBA, WPF, IFPA and NAC before switching to the IFBB and receiving her pro card.

Sarah Bridges (contract pending)....will the Tampa mark the return of the statuesque Brit to the stage. 6th in the HW class of the 2007 Jan Tana was her best recent performance. I always enjoy her company and that of her husband who as a pro wrestler in the 70's competed against the likes of Bruno Sammartino..wow

Myriam Bustamente.....California by way of Mexico, has had a long pro career with many ups and downs.. 2009 Tampa was a good showing with a 7th....She will have to improve on that form and that of her Phoenix 2010 presentation to crack the top 15 here..She has added 2-3kgs this summer to her very pleasing symmetrical shape

Dayana Cadeau....born in Haiti, raised in Canada, now in Florida, Dayana is a class winner of both the Arnold Classic and the Miss Olympia since turning pro in 1997. She has consistently defied the march of time and the voices of the critics and by virtue of her sixth in the 2010 International is 2010 Olympia qualified! But a disappointing 6th in NYC and last years 8th in the O show some chinks in the armor..Dayana has vowed to bring the real deal to Tampa, changing up her preparation drastically. If she does, Katie bar the door.

Candice Carr-Archer....from Trinidad and Tobago, getting her pro card in the 2009 Caribbean Championships, Candace comes to the US to compete for the first time. But on her first visit of any kind at the NY PRO she turned many heads with both her STAGGERING shoulder width and the appearance of Rosemary Jennings as her coach....This is a wild card here and I look forward to seeing the finished product

Andrea Carvalho Ferriera...from Brazil, this converted figure pro made her debut at the 2010 NY PRO. As she continues the conversion and acclimates herself to the bodybuilding presentation, she will continue to improve

Tina Chandler...3rd in last year's Tampa, 10th in the 2009 Olympia, Tina is a polished professional. I have never seen her out of shape or not presented impeccably. Not to mention she has a great physique. just trying to figure out where Tina will finish shows the difficulty of this lineup

Bev DiRenzo....hometown hero..this former gymnast returns in 2010 with definite improvements made. she has consistently finished top 10 in IFBB contests and should continue to do so...Could she "flip" her way to a top 6. We will see

Skadi Frei-Seifert....the German contingent in Tampa, this is Skadi's debut pro show. The winner of the 2009 German Championships,
her progress pictures are impressive. We will need to see her in the lineup.

Aurelia Grozajova...from Slovakia...has been a consistent competitor in recent years...her presentation is slowly improving and she has been transforming from the look of an "athlete" to the look of a "bodybuilder"
Her 2010 debut

Mary Ellen Jerumbo....the pride of El Paso, Texas and my long time friend actually continues to make changes to her body and improvements despite celebrating HER 25TH ANNIVERSARY AS AN IFBB PRO. This is a woman and a bodybuilder who deserves all of our respect.

Carmen Knights.....from Britain returns to Tampa after a respectable 9th place finish in 2009, her first show as a figure crossover..I have no current updates on Carmen, she had been trained by IFBB pro Eddie Abbou and certainly could improve on last year's finish

Cathy LeFrancois.....from Canada. Cathy is a force in ANY show she chooses to compete. 2010 Olympia qualified by virtue of her win at the 2010 NYPro, Cathy has roared back from a serious injury in 2009 to a condition that I believe is her best ever.. I cant say enough about her as a competitor or a person and she has to be one of the favorites here

Nancy Lewis (contract pending)...Nancy continues her return to the stage begun in 2009. Finishing 7th in the 2010 NY Pro, it is distinctly possible she can continue to improve in a return to her late nineties-early 2000's form

Beni Lopez.....the benilicious mighty mite.....she is what LW pros are supposed to look like...A fabulous attitude towards life, a great support system, a favorite athlete of mine...Beni will be in shape and bring everything she has..Her placing will be as high as any LW can be in the current system

Jena Mackey (contract pending)...from the Bahamas, Jena was the 2007 CAC champion and finished 11th in last years Tampa show...She has a great shape and raw physique, needs only presentation and polish.

Tracy Mason.....an interesting and long awaited debut here...Earning her card at the 2009 Masters winning the over 35 and the over 45..Tracy is an accomplished FBB. Having packed a few pounds on her MW frame, her condition is reknowned as is her giant smile. I think Tracy may surprise a few people in her first pro show

Wendy McCready...from England needs to return to her 2008 Tampa form where she finished 5th. She has the ability to be competitive at her best and I look forward to seeing her next week

Emery Miller....is coming back from a two year layoff, returning to the IFBB stage. Another one of the smaller competitors she relies on a great shape and professional presentation to earn her top 10 finishes...I hope she comes back strong

Jennifer Sedia....a fabulous 2008 season with an Olympia top 10 was followed up with a disappointing 2009 campaign. I personally know Jennifer has dedicated herself to regaining her 2008 form and MORE....She has top 3 potential!!!

Daniela Sell....from Switzerland, Daniela is a mass monster and former European powerlifting champion..I have no idea what to expect. I will enjoy being surprised.

Tonie Thompson.....the best poser in this show, not that it matters anymore....the hardest worker (3 professions) and a Big J1 alltime fave.
Seventh in Phoenix this year and 11th as a last minute stand-in at the Arnold this year...She still brings her best each and every time...

tammyp
07-07-2010, 03:49 PM
always love reading your prediction threads joel!

james cook
07-07-2010, 07:29 PM
great writeup Joel! I was looking forward to (possibly) shooting with Cindy Phillips. Maybe she will come to the show.

Daniella Sell will probably a huge, shredded monster and get last place.

Looking forward to Skadi Frei-Seifert. Fantastic shape and very pretty.

How come this thread isn't a sticky in Muscle Central?

Big J1
07-08-2010, 01:11 PM
great writeup Joel! I was looking forward to (possibly) shooting with Cindy Phillips. Maybe she will come to the show.

Daniella Sell will probably a huge, shredded monster and get last place.

Looking forward to Skadi Frei-Seifert. Fantastic shape and very pretty.

How come this thread isn't a sticky in Muscle Central?

she has stated she will be there competing or not but i couldnt swear to it.

Musclepapa John
07-09-2010, 08:45 AM
Great review of the ladies.

Thank you.

Big J1
07-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Predictions
This is a very competitive show and very very deep.....I believe the top 2 are fairly easy to pick if in top condition and rumors are that BOTH are really bringing their A game...As I said before Olympia qualified competitors should be welcomed in open shows. Let the IFBB change the rules, or not, add open competitors who finish 4th or 5th OR make invitations. It should affect the top 10 in Vegas anyway....I also believe that 3-7 are tossups and will depend on the condition, the last moments of prep and the judging panel...I am picking 8-9 as the newbie group, shockingly high debuts in this group..and 10-13 as the "small girl block"...I will also give you a couple of competitors in the 16-27th who I believe have a bullet by their names and could finish higher..

1st...Cathy LeFrancois.... by a hair. she is fabulous, prepared and a force in the FBB world.

2nd...Dayana Cadeau....huh, after New York, BigJ1 are you nuts...lots of changes in prep, training in 9 weeks....prepare to be surprised

3rd...Nicole Ball.....this is easily the place where my predictions could be crushed...let it be said that anyone 4th through 7th could easily be in this place..I go with my gut...

4th...Tina Chandler...flip three and four for last years Tampa results..in top top condition it will remain so

5th...Helen Bouchard...ok I am nuts again but this Canadian is a mass monster with fabulous conditioning. unless she is deemed "too muscular" or misses the final prep, Helen is top 6 anytime she competes

Four of top five predictions have Canadian backgrounds...Isnt that something...

6th...Debbie Bramwell...she is fabulous and a wonderful bb.....will need a little luck to come in top 3 but one thing you can be sure of...SHE WILL BE READY!!

7th...Jennifer Sedia...if this spitfire from Texas is spot on she will be several places higher....she has to bring it here

8th...Lisette Acevedo...out on a limb with this New Jersey newcomer...she to me is what a FBB physique is supposed to be on stage. lets see

9th...Candace Carr-Archer... mistaken in the last 2 weeks several times for Iris Kyle..what does that mean?

10th...Nancy Lewis...if she continues her improved comeback as witnessed in New York there is upside potential here..this was an olympia quality shape and can still be

11th..Tracy Mason.....newcomer but a stellar amateur career...unbelievable conditioning...really really ready...

12th...Beni Lopez...yikes how can u predict a show and have her this low...I truly hope I am wrong and Benilicious is rewarded for her class and preparation..hard for the smallest women

13th...Tonie Thompson...see #12..if the stars align correctly she could be 6-7 places higher but again she will be at least 20lbs lighter than the top predicted women

14th...Beverly DiRenzo...hometown honey....if she is at her best also can jump multiple places...and flip over several women...ok enough with the gymnast puns.

15th..Irene Andersen....she finally has the message streamline the physique...lets see if the judges approve.

Honorable Mention...Wendy McCready, Emily Miller have the physiques to come top 15....

I am going to be upfront here...I do not know Skadi, Daniella, Brigita and Guismary. I have looked at pictures but they can lie...I wouldnt be surprised if one or more of them truly pull a higher placing

OK take your best shots....I gave it my best

Humbly,
Big J1

Jodie
07-12-2010, 06:54 PM
I saw Tina this weekend. She's looking awesome. :)

melodyspetko
07-15-2010, 09:52 PM
Just saw Helen at the hotel!!.. All i can say is WOW.. She has brought the whole package!!.. Best i have ever seen her!!.. Simply amazing!!!.. GOOOOOOOOOOOO Helen!!..

Vicki Nixon
07-16-2010, 02:50 PM
GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE LADIES!!!! Have Fun!! This will be the 1st time I havent been there in a few yrs....I have a show in One week myself....MUCHO LOVE!!!:)