PDA

View Full Version : Keto Contest Diet Friendly Species Ice Cream! RECIPE

SallyAnne
07-08-2010, 07:59 PM
It may be hard to believe that you could make ice cream AND eat it on Dave's diet. Well, you can - with a Japanese ingredient called agar agar. You can buy it at your local health food grocer or online in powder or flake: Amazon.com: agar agar

Here is my recipe for zero carb Mocha Species Ice Cream.

3/4 cup coffee
1 tbsp agar agar
4 heaping tsp Clear Mixing Fiber-Sure
1.5 scoops Chocolate Isolyze

Mix Isolyze and Fiber-Sure together in a small bowl and set aside. Pour coffee into small pan and add agar agar. bring to a boil, then simmer (almost boiling) for 5 minutes or until the flakes/powder have dissolved. Remove from heat and pour mixture into a small glass bowl. At this point, you can either wait for it to stop steaming, or place the bowl in an ice bath to speed up cooling. (If you add the protein powder while still steaming hot, it will congeal.) Once mixture has cooled a bit, add the Isolyze/Fiber-Sure and mix thoroughly. Put in freezer for 20-30 minutes and you have ice cream! The texture is very much like a fudgesicle. Delicious.

Alternately, you could use water and any flavor Isolyze you want. Plain Chocolate, PB, Vanilla, or Cherry Vanilla! You could also use unsweetened almond milk and chocolate, which would taste like almond/chocolate ice cream! Also - consider using capella drops for unlimited flavors with no added calories.

Nutritional Breakdown:
Servings = 1 (This is for a woman on Dave's diet - for men, just double the recipe)
Fat = 0g
Carbs = 22g
Fiber = 22g
Protein = 40g

I have not tried making it without the Fiber-Sure, but will tomorrow and post up if it worked. I just add Fiber-Sure to everything. lol I like to keep moving during my keto diet. ;)

BTW - I invented this recipe via trail and error. There may be a better recipe online somewhere, but I haven't been able to find one that fits into a contest prep diet.

GirlyMuscle
07-08-2010, 08:02 PM
22g carbs?

SallyAnne
07-08-2010, 08:02 PM
22g carbs?

READ the recipe - it's all fiber.

SallyAnne
07-08-2010, 08:04 PM
22g carbs?

just for reference:
1 scoop of Fiberlyze has 9.5 g carbs - and it's all fiber and keto friendly. lol

~gymdiva~
07-08-2010, 08:32 PM
can you do this sans fiber?

SallyAnne
07-08-2010, 08:33 PM
can you do this sans fiber?

I think so. Agar agar is gelatinous when solid, so I'm pretty sure you can. I'm going to try it tomorrow and see. I just put the fiber in there so I get my whole days wollop of fiber in one serving.

SallyAnne
07-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Remember folks that fiber is a negligible carb.

scoop and poop. :)

SallyAnne
07-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Isn't it great?

Pooping is good.

If Species would make an unflavored or chocolate flavored poopalyze, I'd be even happier.

AVBG
07-08-2010, 10:50 PM
you're a genius

tammyp
07-09-2010, 05:28 AM
i make mine w a dash of guar gum
1/3 c water
ice
1 scoop isolyze
konsyl fiber 1 tbs
walden farms choc or carmel syrup

Sandpig
07-09-2010, 06:43 AM
Pooping is good.

If Species would make an unflavored or chocolate flavored poopalyze, I'd be even happier.

LOL!
Great recipe, Sal.

The Prodigy
07-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Tammy,
I read your ice cream recipe on this forum somewhere.....but now I can't find it! Can you repost it?

tammyp
07-09-2010, 05:36 PM
protein ice cream - RX Muscle Forums

janet kaufman
07-10-2010, 12:00 AM
Pooping is good.

thats pretty funny. Poop is good:yep:

SallyAnne
07-24-2010, 10:21 AM
I tried this without the fiber and it wasn't really all that good. The fiber makes it 'creamier' if that's possible. It's soluble fiber, so it definitely gives it a lot of texture that it normally wouldn't have. I'm going to try Tammy's recipe with the guar gum.