PDA

View Full Version : Are Weider and MD athletes fair game?

jdl80
02-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Are we gonna be able to see and hear from them on rxmuscle.com? Since you have press passes for the Arnold maybe Manion or Lormier will let you guys backstage for some interviews with the athletes. I wouldn't be surprised it Steve attempts to prevent his athletes from taking to Dave and John.

Mike Marcano
02-11-2009, 12:01 AM
I'll be honest I don't think so! Weider has his guys under lock and key and I'm sure most of the MD athletes are too pussy to show any sign of disloyalty to Steve as he would surely find out. We may here from one or two MD people who have balls or their contracts are about to be up with no sign of being resigned!

JWolfe
02-11-2009, 12:19 AM
They should be able to talk to them all. Will they be able to? Well I guess we will have to see, I'm sure the weider camp is not to fond of Dave and John and I'm sure Steve will try to keep the MD guys from them.

Dan Kennedy
02-11-2009, 07:44 AM
I feel that it would be better for Dave and John to focus on the up-and-comers. Great exposure for the "almost pros", they are free to talk and photoshoots and let's face it, I would rather like to know what a guy does to turn to pro than what a pro does to stay pro. There are lot more of these athletes than available pros. Take the Arnold Amateur's for example - every year some European comes out of nowhere and looks fantastic - us North Americans never see or hear from the Europeans. Let's give them some focus over here.
Dan

Dee
02-11-2009, 08:16 AM
I think that in terms of pictures, Pictures taken at contests are public domain as long as you have a press pass or have paid/permission to be at the contest.....so you could use contest pics of any BBer.....thats why phil heath was on the cover of MD a while ago (was a contest pic).....in terms of anything else....vids or interviews. their contracts may prevent them from interacting with other mags.

becks
02-11-2009, 08:18 AM
Based on the relationship between RX and MD, I would think that Steve has already contacted his athletes and offered ultimatums to each.

Weider has always been strict on their athletes and the way they conduct themselves to the press.

It would be nice to hear from the up and comers in the sport. Maybe some video series with each discussing each part of their prep, nutrition, training, cardio, personal life, etc...

Relentless
02-11-2009, 10:10 AM
I feel that it would be better for Dave and John to focus on the up-and-comers. Great exposure for the "almost pros", they are free to talk and photoshoots and let's face it, I would rather like to know what a guy does to turn to pro than what a pro does to stay pro. There are lot more of these athletes than available pros. Take the Arnold Amateur's for example - every year some European comes out of nowhere and looks fantastic - us North Americans never see or hear from the Europeans. Let's give them some focus over here.
Dan

Right on the money, bro. I think you will see many up and comers sign on with Rxmuscle. Dave and John have a great reputation in the industry. Steve Blechman is about to find out how difficult life can be without your two big producers.

Skeptic
02-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Please provide a complete list of both Weider and MD athletes so that I can cast aspersions on their heritage and roundly debase their sexual prowess.

(just typing the name "Joe Weider" creeps me out, man)

Mallorca Island
02-11-2009, 11:05 AM
Dan

Im in for this one ;)

Jer
02-11-2009, 11:13 AM
I'll be honest I don't think so! Weider has his guys under lock and key and I'm sure most of the MD athletes are too pussy to show any sign of disloyalty to Steve as he would surely find out. We may here from one or two MD people who have balls or their contracts are about to be up with no sign of being resigned!

These guys sign contracts that have stipulations. You breach your contract you risk being dropped and/or have legal/financial ramifications.

You and everyone else knows how little money there is in bodybuilding, so are you just gonna throw away that income?

I think there is a big difference in being a pussy and honoring a contract that you signed.

That being said, I do hope some of the guys, especially Evan get to somehow be part of RXMUSCLE, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

dannybwoii
02-11-2009, 01:05 PM
Dan

Quoted for truth, there are a lot of great amateurs around. Shaun Taverner will blow up at the Arnold Amatuers i bet

ROTFLMAO
02-11-2009, 01:59 PM
It just depends on how their contracts are structured

DMC
02-11-2009, 02:06 PM
id like to see a follow up interview/vid with max charles