PDA

View Full Version : So what do you do to stay on track

musclegoddess65
03-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Doesn't matter if your prepping for a show, photo shoot, summer time beach body, or just to get lean and healthy...

What do you do to stay on track...

For me I like to cook my meals ahead of time and portion them out in my handy glad ware containers. I like to prep all my fruits and veggies and meats on Sunday so I am prepared for the week.

If faced with a social situation I like to make sure I eat my meal beforehand so I am less tempted - sometimes I will make this a shake because that helps my belly 'feel' fuller.

I will chew sugar free cinnamon gum, kind of like brushing your teeth and how anything you put in your mouth after that tastes kind of gross.

Hot tea w/stevia is a god send... specially the flavored ones.. my current favs are a chocolate flavored tea I found at trader Joes and a vanilla caramel...

I also use flavored Stevia drops found them recently at the health food store.. all kinds of variety, orange, dark chocolate, peppermint..

I lay my gym clothes out the night before as well as have my gym bag ready with HR monitor, towel, iPod, workout journal.

so do you have any secrets of success to share???

Frosty
03-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Weighing out all meals ahead of time is a big one.

I like to have a nice serving of fiber right before I eat my breakfast of meat and veggies. This keeps me fuller all day for some reason. Makes the rest of the day easier.

Brushing my teeth can ward off cravings very well.

Making sure sleep is a focus, meaning I don't skimp on it. This one is huge. Sometimes when I feel like I want to cheat or want food I just get some extra sleep and I wake up feeling a hundred times better and no cravings.

Keeping busy. Boredom is death on a diet.

Taking time to relax maybe with a hot tub or hot shower can sometimes help in the evening.

My low fat, low carb chicken soup is an awesome diet comfort food, especially after a bad day or when you're tired and cold!

Spicy foods and sour, like with vinegar, seem to keep my more satisfied.

Staying warm if you're dieting through colder months is a must. Getting really cold is death on a diet.

These are a few things I've found.

Adina Zanolli
03-15-2009, 10:39 PM
Since I can't compete, I go to shows. Being around all the extra-fit people keeps me wanting to look my best.

Suzanne
03-17-2009, 12:00 PM
I has pretty much become a way of life.

I always bring at least one meal more than i think i will need if i go somewhere you just never know.

GirlyMuscle
03-17-2009, 12:26 PM
I've adopted Suzanne's philosophy. Not everyone cheats. With that in mind, neither do I.

Ninja Loco
03-17-2009, 07:20 PM
Im a firm believer that if this is truly what you love, truly WHO YOU ARE, then there is no need to do anything special to stay on track. For example: I am Hispanic. I dont need to DO anything special to stay Hispanic. It is who and what I am.

MichaelWayne
03-17-2009, 08:36 PM
I have to gradually work into it. Me and cold turkey...we don't see eye to eye.
After slowing working my way into the water, if the urge for food hits (and if it isn't feeding time at the zoo), I have to go for a walk or something else that gets me TOTALLY away from food.
Never plan to step on stage, but its still fun to see what the body can do, how it adapts and how you can trick it to do what you want for a final outcome. That also helps to keep me on track, thinking of it as a science experiment.

musclegoddess65
03-17-2009, 09:02 PM
Ninja don't you every find yourself if faced with time crunches, office parties etc... that is kind of where I was heading.. I think in some fashion this has become who a lot of us are... but it also take preparation for forethought... such as cooking meals ahead so you are prepared... as suzanne said always taking one more meal along just in case you get help up in a meeting or stuck in traffic... I think its totally different than your heritage.

Michael - yes I never ever had the thought of stepping on stage.. UNTIL I dropped 80 lbs, saw a natural BBing show and finally found the place my body structure, broad shoulders and small waist fit in... I always tried to diet or starve myself as a teen to look like all the other tiny ballerina type gals.. I was built more like a football player even as a teen - and just wanted to 'fit in' - so even though I was in my 30's I found where I fit...

and I couldn't agree more it is kind of cool seeing, even at my age, what my body is capable of...

Mercury
03-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Since I can't compete, I go to shows. Being around all the extra-fit people keeps me wanting to look my best.

Why can't you compete, Adina?

Edited: Ok, sometimes I ask an innocent question, and then I second guess myself and think maybe I shouldn't have asked. So.... if you don't compete because you're on the run from the law or you have a tanning lotion allergy or something and want to keep it to yourself, then forget I asked. :o

Ninja Loco
03-18-2009, 01:05 AM
Ninja don't you every find yourself if faced with time crunches, office parties etc... that is kind of where I was heading.. I think in some fashion this has become who a lot of us are... but it also take preparation for forethought... such as cooking meals ahead so you are prepared... as suzanne said always taking one more meal along just in case you get help up in a meeting or stuck in traffic... I think its totally different than your heritage.

If it is who you are, then it is who you are. There is no thinking or planning or whatever, just doing. Sorry if that is too confusing.

Wheels
03-18-2009, 01:43 AM
A lot of good ideas in this thread.

One of the easiest ways for me to stay on diet is doing a Keto diet. I crave carbs, a lot, but being on Keto I know I can't deviate or bam out of Ketosis. Cheating once would nullify all the hard work and effort I put in.

As others have said, ALWAYS having my meals ready before hand. Proper planning, if done right, should almost never be without some sort of food.

Chewing 0 carb gum helps a lot sometimes. Keeping myself busy, drinking lots of Water with BCAAs.

musclegoddess65
03-18-2009, 02:04 AM
Failure to plan, is planning to Fail...