PDA

View Full Version : New Photography Company - thread admin approved.

fatbackgoal
07-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Anyone competing or training in the Iowa, Northern Missouri or Illinois, Southern Wisconsin or Minnesota area looking to get photos done please consider contacting my wife Jan and I. We are starting a new photography business and are looking to create our portfolio. The pictures will be placed on our business website and each person will get all their pictures for helping us out. We will be attending some of the shows in the area and hopefully going out to Las Vegas Olympia weekend. We have a pending shoot with a national level competitor so once that is completed we will post so you can see our work.

We look forward to working with you!

------------------------

Added & Approved by Admin:

This is a FREE shoot with trade for images. You will not be charged to work with this photographer.

sassy69
07-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Looking forward to seeing your work! Good luck w/ the new venture!

The Prodigy
07-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Will you be at the USA's?

Ibarramedia
07-12-2010, 11:43 PM
Please post a link to the website when it is ready.

LIFTstudios
07-13-2010, 06:41 AM
The exact same message has appeared on other boards.

Why would you post this without samples of your work? Yes, everyone has to start somewhere but it might help your business if you actually showed something.

juicegirl311
07-13-2010, 09:47 AM
Anyone know any good photographers on Long Island?

fatbackgoal
07-14-2010, 11:55 AM
Please post a link to the website when it is ready.

We will as soon as it is ready. We are hoping to get some shoots done here in the near future and have them up asap.

fatbackgoal
07-14-2010, 11:57 AM
The exact same message has appeared on other boards.

Why would you post this without samples of your work? Yes, everyone has to start somewhere but it might help your business if you actually showed something.

Understood but trying to see who out there may be interested. Have spoken to some folks and if not for a death in the family we would have some examples of her work. We should be able to have some shots up within a couple of weeks then move forward with the website. The area we are in does not have a lot of competitions so also trying to see where we could go to work with folks.

fatbackgoal
07-14-2010, 01:43 PM
Here are some recent shots my wife took, I will post more.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=180994&id=733098050&l=d838100a70

LIFTstudios
07-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Understood but trying to see who out there may be interested. Have spoken to some folks and if not for a death in the family we would have some examples of her work. We should be able to have some shots up within a couple of weeks then move forward with the website. The area we are in does not have a lot of competitions so also trying to see where we could go to work with folks.

If you're wife is a competitor (or even if she's not) you should take pics of her to show your skills. I want to win the lottery but that requires me to buy a ticket. Sorry to hear about the death in your family but using that as a reason for not having photos is pretty low.

No offense but posting photos of an orange sky can and is done by nearly everyone with a camera. It doesn't make you a photographer.

I'd say the interest level will be slim to none until you show you're not a creeper.

Gawd
07-14-2010, 10:51 PM
If you're wife is a competitor (or even if she's not) you should take pics of her to show your skills. I want to win the lottery but that requires me to buy a ticket. Sorry to hear about the death in your family but using that as a reason for not having photos is pretty low.

No offense but posting photos of an orange sky can and is done by nearly everyone with a camera. It doesn't make you a photographer.

I'd say the interest level will be slim to none until you show you're not a creeper.
I could see a portfolio being completely necessary if he were selling his services, which he doesn't appear to be doing at the moment. Obviously he realizes he needs a portfolio which is why he is offering this service for FREE.

Also, I believe his wife is the actual photographer.. so if she is in fact in bb/figure/whatever shape, pics of herself aren't going to be so great, lol.

Just my perspective.

Hit-Girl
07-14-2010, 11:00 PM
The best thing you could do is just stop now. These things hardly ever workout.