tgoochfigure
07-12-2010, 05:37 PM
looking for good honest feedback.

tammyp
07-12-2010, 05:44 PM
look great. my guess, a bit too hard.

The Big Sexy
07-12-2010, 05:50 PM
I'd say tighten up the glutes/hams better. You are too hard (for the look that they are going for) and I would suggest relaxing your shoulders more. You have big ones - and it only makes them look bigger when you flex them. IMO - you might want to alter the stance a bit and have your hands almost facing forward... this will take a bit of the "peak" out of your shoulders.

Jude2
07-12-2010, 09:52 PM
I say the upper body looks great. Needs a little more shape to her quads and tighten up her Hams/glutes to match her upperbody. Not a bad showing for a tough show. Is this her first National show? I know they like to see the girls over and over again.

Jude2
07-12-2010, 10:10 PM
I just looked at some of the pics from the Team U and take a look at Casey Brocato's pics of her legs, so you can see what I am talking about. She got 3rd and I am using her as an example because I know her and have given her advice along this long journey.

tgoochfigure
07-13-2010, 10:21 PM
I say the upper body looks great. Needs a little more shape to her quads and tighten up her Hams/glutes to match her upperbody. Not a bad showing for a tough show. Is this her first National show? I know they like to see the girls over and over again.

Thanks for the feedback. That girl is me! I competed as Tara Gooch from 2006 to 2008. Tara Hollingsworth from 2009 to current. This is my first year back to Nationals after 2 years (requalify in 2009). I do need to work on legs. I wish my legs were as easy to get as the upper. I am 39 years old and plan to do Master's Nationals and North American. May hit USA in Vegas and Jr. USA in Houston. Not sure yet.

Thanks again! I am so thankful to have placed so high in a huge show like this. I want to have a kick ass off season to work on my legs!!!!!! :excited:

tgoochfigure
07-13-2010, 10:29 PM
BTW, here are some back (butt) pics in chrono order from North American 2008, Nationals 2008, and Kentucky Muscle 2009. I started working with a new trainer for this show 5 months ago!

The Big Sexy
07-13-2010, 10:35 PM
You looked to be in the best shape at nationals. Your glutes seem much tighter and so does your waist. Your back looks dryer in the 3rd pic, but that isn't necessarily a good thing for figure... especially when your back is that dry and your lower body isn't.

What did you do differently getting ready for Nationals? IMO the look you have there is your best if you were to combined it with the look at Team U. Your shoulders got A LOT bigger - which, is fine - you just need to figure out either how to make them look a little smaller or not as capped. \

Sorry, I kind of went on and on there.

Bottom line - IMO - your physique is getting better and better. You are making improvements - the glutes/hams will eventually come in the more and more you diet for a show... and as for your upper body - just need to find that right balance... you have the potential to be exactly what they are looking for physique wise - just need to nail the right level of conditioning (not harder either!)

Jude2
07-13-2010, 10:42 PM
I think you look better now than ever. I think the Master Nationals and NA masters are the shows to do. Good luck.

The Big Sexy
07-13-2010, 10:44 PM
I think you look better now than ever. I think the Master Nationals and NA masters are the shows to do. Good luck.

Master Nationals... in like ... 10 years... she doesn't look over 30!!

tgoochfigure
07-13-2010, 10:57 PM
Well, I am realistic and this is just the funnest hobby. I would like to get my pro card in Masters because I am PROUD of my age - that would be an honor.

Big Sexy, I worked with a different trainer at Nationals 2008 than North American and Kentucky! lol You could tell! However, I am with the right trainer for me now. His name is Mike Davies and this is my first time working with him and think he is the BOMB! It is a perfect mesh of the minds - he tells me what to do and I do it. Then I can blame him! No cheating and I work my ass off at the gym. I can't believe the improvements I made in just 5 months of working with him. Not only that, but those shoulders/upper body are the result of FOOD and more FOOD. He feeds me - ALOT! I definitely do not starve. I love it!

Thanks again for all the help!