PDA

View Full Version : Webcasting of NPC National Shows??

Femphysiquefan
07-12-2010, 06:27 PM
After seeing the pics from Team U it struck me: why doesn't the NPC start webcasting some of its larger shows?? I would think this would be a very popular move, given that the IFBB is already doing this with the Ms. International and the Ms. Olympia online. Is it just too much money, they're just not interested, or am I missing something else?? Or is this already in the works, and I just don't know about it?? Thoughts??

FitGems
07-13-2010, 12:45 PM
To be honest, I think money has a lot to do with why webcasting is not at the National shows. That's just my guess, but maybe someone closer to the organization can chime in on that.

LIFTstudios
07-13-2010, 01:54 PM
To produce a webcast like the Arnold or Olympia costs thousands of dollars and a large crew. It's not economically feasible to do and on top of that every venue is different. Which presents another challenge in the logistics of streaming which again is an added cost.

Tre
07-13-2010, 02:02 PM
Anyone can throw up a cheap stream and call it a 'webcast', but to do a quality job would cost a lot of money and would reduce the marketability of the video rights, for which the promoter can currently expect a firm amount.

Suzanne
07-13-2010, 05:23 PM
In 2005 NPC Nationals was on pay per view

Musclepapa John
07-13-2010, 09:26 PM
What Liftstudios & Tre said.

I do think more people watched the Arizona Pro show online than were in the audience. It still prolly ain't worth the bother like mentioned above.