PDA

View Full Version : Animal Pak and Animal EFA

neofarq
07-15-2010, 02:10 AM
So I'm pretty tired of mixing and matching my ingredients for my mineral and EFA supplementation. I've never used the Animal paks before and the Animal Pak and Animal EFA seem to have all the neccessary and more ingredients. I'm really big on keeping things simple and am gettin tired of taking 15 pill bottles out and sorting them into my vitamin organizer every two weeks.

I'm thinking of taking the Animal Pak in the morning with breakfast and probably the EFA at that time as well, possibly the EFA at night instead. DPS nutrition has it much cheaper than anyone else I've found and for ease of use and convenience of what your getting these two paks seem pretty worthwhile.

Anybody have any experience with the two products?

HammerStrength12
07-15-2010, 09:10 AM
Never tried the EFA before, but a lot of the stuff in the Animal Pak overlaps with a lot of their other supplement lines. Check what's in it first - I'm pretty sure the Pak already contains a ton of EFAs

hulkish808
07-15-2010, 11:03 AM
AP contains 0 EFAs...

look into Udo's Oil as well

neofarq
07-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Correct, Animal pak contains 0 EFA's hence also including the Animal Omega.

GENESIS
07-15-2010, 11:53 AM
If you like taking 3 handfulls of pills a day go for it. Im not a fan of the animal omega though. the ingredients are listed as flaxseed oil, salmon oil, cod liver oil, etc... when concerning Essential Fatty Acid's they should be, if its a high quality supplement that is, listed as ALA, EPA, DHA, etc... Basically its junk. Hope this helps!

G-Roy
07-15-2010, 02:58 PM
I like the ANIMAL line from Universal, but have to say, you could save money by just getting NOW ADAM multi/mineral and a big bottl eof fish oil.

I took ANIMAL Paks for years but can get about 2 months worth of NOW's vitamin/mineral for the price of one month of Pak's I dont think an actual omega 3-6-9 kind of product is necessary, you only really need fish oil.

neofarq
07-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking just take 3 fish oils in the AM and again in the PM.

joe-yamma
07-15-2010, 04:43 PM
i've been using Animal Pak since high school and Animal Omega since it came out.
both are solid products and staples for me.

i usually take one pack of Omega per day (but sometime i take two).
i usually take some extra fish oil in addition to the Omega at a different time of the day.
i only use higher quality fish oils like Nordic Naturals or Ascenta, etc.

If you like taking 3 handfulls of pills a day go for it. Im not a fan of the animal omega though. the ingredients are listed as flaxseed oil, salmon oil, cod liver oil, etc... when concerning Essential Fatty Acid's they should be, if its a high quality supplement that is, listed as ALA, EPA, DHA, etc... Basically its junk. Hope this helps!Omega is a very good quality product.
If you read the label on the can, they list the breakdown of EFA's:
http://www.animalpak.com/iconic/assets/files/OmegaQuadfold.pdf

• Alpha-Linolenic Acid (ALA): 450mg [n-3]
• Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA): 800mg [n-6]
• Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA): 350mg [n-3]
• Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA): 300mg [n-6]
• Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA): 450mg [n-3]
• Linoleic Acid (LA): 850 [n-6]

I dont think an actual omega 3-6-9 kind of product is necessary, you only really need fish oil.i think fish oil is the most important, but i think the other EFA sources in Omega are beneficial as well.

joe-yamma
07-15-2010, 04:48 PM
this is the fish oil that i've been using lately...
very good quality stuff and decent price at Vitamin Shoppe:

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=9A-1006