PDA

View Full Version : New Masters show!

esplendido
07-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Well boys and girls, you might remember that I tried to develop an all masters bbing show a year ago and ran into some political resistance. However, not being one to take no for an answer, I have taken on two partners to produce an all Masters bbing, figure, and bikini show in 2011. It will be held (hopefully) a few weeks before the Masters Nationals to allow our show to be used as a warm-up. The venue is intended to be in Tulsa, Oklahoma, will be NPC sanctioned, and be a top-notch production.

One of my partners produces the top shows in Oklahoma, the other, my longtime good friend, Doctor, and fellow bodybuilder who won the Masters division of one of the top Oklahoma shows a year ago. Together, we have over 80 years experience in the sport and dozens of shows produced, scores judged, and even more as competitors. This will be a premium production.

I will post more info as we get sanctioned, secure the venue, etc. Just want to get you fired up and ready to put us on your schedule!

The Thinker
07-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Best of luck. This sounds like the perfect show for me to target next year.

AnglicanBeachParty
07-15-2010, 12:09 PM
That's AWESOME!!

Well boys and girls, you might remember that I tried to develop an all masters bbing show a year ago and ran into some political resistance. However, not being one to take no for an answer, I have taken on two partners to produce an all Masters bbing, figure, and bikini show in 2011. It will be held (hopefully) a few weeks before the Masters Nationals to allow our show to be used as a warm-up. The venue is intended to be in Tulsa, Oklahoma, will be NPC sanctioned, and be a top-notch production.

As I believe I mentioned, my wife is boycotting any and all support of contest prep for me, until 2013.

However, her parents live about an hour east of Tulsa, so I'd have a bargaining chip if this goes forward!

Her parents (in their mid-seventies) are, oddly, fans of my bodybuilding. Especially my mother-in-law. I'm sure they'd both attend if I competed.

Down4whatever
07-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Right out my back door....nice! You can bet I'll participate! Good stuff Rick :yep:

axioma
07-15-2010, 03:24 PM
can I sleep on your sofa? I'll pay in cigars...

Neal Grossman
07-17-2010, 01:13 PM
Rick,

I don't think this a show I would be able to do, however, I look forward to the details.

Neal

HeavyDutyGuy
07-17-2010, 02:33 PM
VERY Cool Rick. Nice going!

Rocco1943
07-17-2010, 07:00 PM
I'll go if you promise to build a wheel chair ramp. I think Depends is going to sponsor me. lol

GirlyMuscle
07-17-2010, 09:52 PM
Coolio. Will it be open to anyone? (of appropriate age of course)

Baldiewonkanobi
07-17-2010, 10:18 PM
Can we name it?

How 'bout NPC MASTERS PALOOZA

Baldie

esplendido
07-18-2010, 10:51 PM
It will be open to anyone of proper age (35 and older), even with no previous competitive experience. Love to let you guys name it, but we already have a working name. The venue might be moved to the Oklahoma City area to accommodate experienced show staff. I'll keep you informed. We're working on the sanction right now.