PDA

View Full Version : Sprained Finger/Hand

Getsize
03-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Hi hope everyone is doing well! ;)

Over the weekend I sprained my left ring finger and hand. Luckily there are no breaks or fractures. The doctor prescribed me Percocet for pain. He said that this will allow me to endure the pain so I can move the finger which will help the swelling go down.(That does not make a lot of sense to me). Im not into Vicodines and Percocet to get high I just want to rehab my hand. I still plan on training through the injury carefully. Will the Percocet effect my recovery(negatively) post workouts if I take it before bed? Should I even take it if im not in excruciating pain? The swelling has gone down some from icing it. Should I just continue the ice only? Thanks for the info!

italianmanMASS
03-17-2009, 02:23 AM
Everyone's pain threshold is different. Percocet is a pain killer. If you don't need it then you don't have to use it. Keep icing and the swelling will go down.

X2!!!!!

Getsize
03-18-2009, 09:57 AM
Everyone's pain threshold is different. Percocet is a pain killer. If you don't need it then you don't have to use it. Keep icing and the swelling will go down.

I took them on the first day got dizzy and my hand still hurt. lol I layed off it and iced my hand and the swelling did go down a lot. Thx for the reply!