PDA

View Full Version : Stiff Legged Dead vs Squat

Klaus Urine
03-16-2009, 05:03 PM
As I was away on holiday for three weeks, my training was pretty patchy. A funny thing I noticed was that my squats definitely got a bit weaker with the time off, but I went to do some stiff leg deads and I was far stronger than my previous regular workout. It was weird. I actually had to put the weight up by 45 lb.

buster12
03-16-2009, 05:06 PM
hmmm.... That is strange. Unless you have reached a plateu on squats, and you've never really tested yourself to the fulles on SLDL... Just a thought. Who knows?

Klaus Urine
03-16-2009, 05:10 PM
hmmm.... That is strange. Unless you have reached a plateu on squats, and you've never really tested yourself to the fulles on SLDL... Just a thought. Who knows?No, I tend to train pretty hard. The SLDL were just easy, whereas previously a lighter weight proved a struggle on every rep. Perhaps the back was a bit over-trained.

Voland
03-16-2009, 05:25 PM
Human body is weird.
After being 1 month of my strenght is the same but i loose muscle and weight like you wont belive. Which makes stronger.

rw0885
03-16-2009, 07:12 PM
it could be a number of things...do you do sldl after you are already fatigued or when you are fresh? do you usually train back before legs? or it could just be that you just needed that time off.

chasebny
03-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Probably because your lower back, hamstrings, and traps/lats were all well rested compared to when you were training consistantly, when they were frequently hit indirectly on seperate training days.