PDA

View Full Version : Any good Natty Mags?

New2thegame
02-10-2009, 11:45 PM
I'm new to bodybuilding and I'm looking for a good natty magazine. I have not come across anything but Natural Bodybuilding. What do you guys recommend?

eattrainsleep
02-11-2009, 12:30 AM
A week ago I would of suggested muscular development but now i have no recommendation. I don't necessarily think the magazine has to be for naturals either, enhanced bodybuilding doesn't differ much with natural, we can all eat sleep and train the same.

New2thegame
02-11-2009, 10:56 AM
I have been buying MD till this past week. I looked at it as a fan of the pro's and not as something to compare or learn about the Natty world (to be a fan). But you are right I don't need to split the two worlds.

Lunaris
02-11-2009, 11:56 AM
http://www.exercisegroup.com/

homepage for Natural Bodybuilding & Fitness Great magazine

Strikerrjones
02-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Layne Norton is starting to write for MD, so maybe there will be more nattie information in there.

New2thegame
02-11-2009, 05:11 PM
I just found out about Layne awhile ago. Is he contracted at MD?

MisledYouth
02-11-2009, 05:33 PM
I just found out about Layne awhile ago. Is he contracted at MD?

Yeah, I believe so. I know he now writes for the magazine, like say Eric Broser. But I also know that Ron Harris writes for numerous other magazines other than MD... But the way Layne has defended MD's changes as of late, it sure seems like he's not going anywhere. Bad news for us natties!

as a side note, Dave and John were never under a contract with MD, so why the hell would Layne be? :confused:

New2thegame
02-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Wonder if MD is research mad and are contracting all the people with degrees? To "back up" everything they say...but I'm in college getting a Kinesology degree and the research they do are not with BB's but track and elite runners. The rest are animals...so NO BB's...

Strikerrjones
02-11-2009, 06:55 PM
Wonder if MD is research mad and are contracting all the people with degrees? To "back up" everything they say...but I'm in college getting a Kinesology degree and the research they do are not with BB's but track and elite runners. The rest are animals...so NO BB's...

Honestly though, I don't think a bodybuilder is going to be much different than an elite track athlete. They're both people, and I would think that most research would still apply to both.

New2thegame
02-11-2009, 08:03 PM
I asked that to the head of Kinesiology and he said that it is different because the body uses more of one energy system than the other sport. He said that the studies must be done with BB's and not many researchers will touch that study due to time. Sprinters can be tested much easier because one a few muscle biopsies and the fact that sprinters are for performance not muscle hypertrophy. But this is what he said you may be right ...remember I'm still a student.

the mighty stu
02-12-2009, 11:42 AM
For the most part, I like 'Natural BBing and Fitness', but with so many damn muscletech ads,... and then you see an article supporting every new product they come out with,.. well, I lose a little more respect each issue.

S

Mr. Hyde
03-15-2009, 06:31 PM
Your honestly better off using the web. Every mag is filled with bullshit, they will put anything in there to make the advertiser happy. Over the years i subscribed to Flex, MD, M&F, Muscle Mag and Natural BB & fitness. I had over 100 mag in my closet, i recently took some time to clip out all there articals i found usefull and there was about 12-15 pages worth.

the mighty stu
03-15-2009, 06:48 PM
I did something similar when I moved a few years ago. I ended up with a little binder of articles. Still, occassionally you will find something that actually gives you helpful information. In the most recent NB&F, Dr. Joe wrote what I consider the most helpful article on contest dieting that I've read in my 16 years of training. Usually you get a lot of general concepts, without too much actual "this is how you do it" stuff. I always figured that's why Dave Palumbo's got such a loyal following, he will actually answer questions -lol.

S

Mr. Hyde
03-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Dr. Joe is the man!! Huge legs for a natty!

nutratroy
03-20-2009, 03:13 PM
Hopefully Dave can do his own mag and have a real natty section to it.:bowdown:

thepump
03-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Hopefully Dave can do his own mag and have a real natty section to it.:bowdown:

NOT A BAD IDEA:beerbang:

serratus
06-16-2009, 11:14 AM
Fitness & Physique Magazine
http://www.physiquecompetitor.com/

Published by the OCB. Usually has good content and doesn't get as overrun by ads as many of the other mags do.
Available at Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million, Hastings, and other retailers across the U.S., or you can order it on line.

Mr X
06-16-2009, 11:19 AM
I'm new to bodybuilding and I'm looking for a good natty magazine. I have not come across anything but Natural Bodybuilding. What do you guys recommend?

Have you asked A1 hes a member here and a strong advocator of natural lifters.

juggernaut
06-16-2009, 02:39 PM
I used to be a natty competitor and got sick of all the bullshit that goes on in the federations as far as whats banned and whats allowed. Usually what is banned is probably the only thing that works-case in point, ephedrine.
As for the natty mags, Natural BBing and Fitness used to be good. It sucks now, overdone with too many ads, and bullshit articles that disguise themselves as those bullshit 4 page reports that craptech puts out. OCB is somewhat better, and some decent articles have come out of it, but I truly believe that information like you get on this board and only a few others should be free.

juggernaut
06-16-2009, 02:42 PM
A week ago I would of suggested muscular development but now i have no recommendation. I don't necessarily think the magazine has to be for naturals either, enhanced bodybuilding doesn't differ much with natural, we can all eat sleep and train the same.Muscular Development is okay-much more suited for the enhanced user, but the natty articles are written by a phony jerkoff who I cant stand. Whats his name....Eric Roser or some shit. I cant stand the fucking guy, he knows absolute shit. His tone in which he writes sucks ass and is somewhat condenscending. Plus, he had a disagreement regarding diet with Dave and refuses to just shut the fuck up and admit he was wrong.

the mighty stu
06-16-2009, 08:59 PM
Fitness & Physique Magazine
http://www.physiquecompetitor.com/

Published by the OCB. Usually has good content and doesn't get as overrun by ads as many of the other mags do.
Available at Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million, Hastings, and other retailers across the U.S., or you can order it on line.

I've actually ordered a few back issues of this. You can get a listing of articles in each of the older issues on the web site, so I picked a few that had things I wanted to read and add to my reference library. Pretty good stuff actually, no one pushing certain supplements at you.

S