PDA

View Full Version : Hotel choice in New York/New jersey for Sept show?

shankuan
07-26-2010, 01:01 PM
I'd like to book a hotel for my show Sept 18 in New York but have no clue where to book one. The host hotel is just waaaaaaay too expensive so i thought i'd throw the question out there to get some ideas.

The show will be at the Martin Luther King High School on 22nd Amsterdam Avenue, Manhattan. Two years ago, i stayed in queens and took the bus & train to the venue but didn't have to worry about getting back to queens the night of the show because I stayed with a friend in manhattan who then took me to airport the next day. Now i don't have either options so i'd prefer staying closer to the venue (since i'll be on my own) where it'll be easier to get to and from and also be close enough to the host hotel etc.

I've never stayed in a hostel so i don't know what that is like and the cheaper hotels are in jersey but i'm not sure of what the traveling to and from will be like etc. So i'm asking for ideas on what to do about this?

Thanks in advance.

JohnBoy
07-26-2010, 01:31 PM
I'd like to book a hotel for my show Sept 18 in New York but have no clue where to book one. The host hotel is just waaaaaaay too expensive so i thought i'd throw the question out there to get some ideas.

The show will be at the Martin Luther King High School on 22nd Amsterdam Avenue, Manhattan. Two years ago, i stayed in queens and took the bus & train to the venue but didn't have to worry about getting back to queens the night of the show because I stayed with a friend in manhattan who then took me to airport the next day. Now i don't have either options so i'd prefer staying closer to the venue (since i'll be on my own) where it'll be easier to get to and from and also be close enough to the host hotel etc.

I've never stayed in a hostel so i don't know what that is like and the cheaper hotels are in jersey but i'm not sure of what the traveling to and from will be like etc. So i'm asking for ideas on what to do about this?

Thanks in advance.

I would absolutely stay away from hostels in nyc. In manhattan, I'd recommend the Pod Hotel. Brooklyn... The Best Western in bay ridge. It's maybe a half hour from the city.