PDA

View Full Version : Margaret Negrete Moved Up to First Place 35+ LW At Masters Nationals

Musclepapa John
07-27-2010, 11:09 PM
Congratulations to Margaret Negrete for having moved up to first place in the over 35 lightweight class at Masters Nationals 2010 after Stacy Pillari was bumped having gotten her pro card in the over 45. Margaret then went on to compete in the Overall. Stacy was awarded the Over 35 trophy on stage, but handed it to Margaret offstage causing most covering the show some confusion and improperly listing Stacy as the winner of that class.

Congratulations Margaret!
Here are a few of her candids from the show. The two girls are her daughters, her cheerleaders who are apt to be doing fitness in the near future. The photo of the three of them is from an earlier contest.

Musclepapa John
07-27-2010, 11:35 PM
Apologies for error in title. It was Masters Nationals not Europa that Margaret was competing in.

Suzanne
07-28-2010, 12:18 AM
I personally do not think that was right. Stacy paid 2 entries fees and should be allowed her winning spot and even the 2nd overall fi she was the best

BUT the 2nd pro card go to the 2nd place of the overall group

If you are allowed to enter 2 then you should be able to win 2

at north americans zoa won both overalls but tammy got 2nd pro card that is the way it should be

nothing against Margaret but what happened wasn't the fair way to do it

Musclepapa John
07-28-2010, 07:09 AM
The rules are changing to try and accommodate more women as winners. I'm not really a fan of crossovers and the concept of if I BUY 20 entries for every tom dick and harry category that then I can potentially sweep all the trophies. My friend Tracy Mason won two categories and took two pro cards away at her Masters win and it is a move from that direction/ethos in which this I believe is directed. Regardless, for the sake of accuracy in record keeping Margaret Negrete was awarded first place contrary to what most websites are reporting within their archives.

I personally do not think that was right. Stacy paid 2 entries fees and should be allowed her winning spot and even the 2nd overall fi she was the best
BUT the 2nd pro card go to the 2nd place of the overall group
If you are allowed to enter 2 then you should be able to win 2
at north americans zoa won both overalls but tammy got 2nd pro card that is the way it should be
nothing against Margaret but what happened wasn't the fair way to do it

Suzanne
07-28-2010, 10:19 AM
The rules are changing to try and accommodate more women as winners. I'm not really a fan of crossovers and the concept of if I BUY 20 entries for every tom dick and harry category that then I can potentially sweep all the trophies. My friend Tracy Mason won two categories and took two pro cards away at her Masters win and it is a move from that direction/ethos in which this I believe is directed. Regardless, for the sake of accuracy in record keeping Margaret Negrete was awarded first place contrary to what most websites are reporting within their archives.

I understand the crossover issue BUT if they allow it and IF they accept you entry fee then you should still be able to "sweep" the trophies if you can beat everyone BUT the 2nd pro card go to 2nd pace out of the 4 in overall. this way is much more fair.

Aaron Singerman
07-28-2010, 10:28 AM
HUGE congratulations to Margaret and her whole family!

AnglicanBeachParty
07-28-2010, 10:33 AM
HUGE congratulations to Margaret and her whole family!

I had a front-row seat, and she looked great!