PDA

View Full Version : Post-Workout Shake on Dave's Diet

Big Baby
03-17-2009, 01:14 AM
When researching Dave's diet, I couldn't find a specification for the post-workout shake to be consumed (I did find the off-season shake recommendation).

Does anyone know what he recommends?

Whey protein shake with nuts possibly?

AK

Angela123
03-17-2009, 01:41 AM
for fat days
30 gr whey isolate protein powder with a tbsp of nattie PB for women
so for men...would that be 50 gr and 2 TBSP of PB

but yah...if u want nuts...do nuts. women, we use 1/4 cup...so men...would u do a half?

obviously, take away the PB when on protein/veggie days

i cant have PB or nuts in the house when dieting. so ive also used half a TBSP of mac oil in my shakes, in order to get the fats. it is equivilant to a tbsp of PB.

Big Baby
03-17-2009, 03:04 AM
for fat days
30 gr whey isolate protein powder with a tbsp of nattie PB for women
so for men...would that be 50 gr and 2 TBSP of PB

but yah...if u want nuts...do nuts. women, we use 1/4 cup...so men...would u do a half?

obviously, take away the PB when on protein/veggie days

i cant have PB or nuts in the house when dieting. so ive also used half a TBSP of mac oil in my shakes, in order to get the fats. it is equivilant to a tbsp of PB.

Thanks for the reply.

Do you think it would be okay if I drank a protein-only Isopure shake and ate ½ c almonds?

I want to make sure and not fuck up my post-workout nutrition.

I’ve never done a full-blown keto diet, just no carbs except post-workout before.

Why don’t you keep nuts or PB around?

Do you they make you feel like binging?

AK

Angela123
03-17-2009, 03:14 AM
well yah. that is the type of protein you are suppossed to drink on the plan. no carb, no sugar, very little if any fat.

um...i wont go into it on this forum, but lets just say i have serious issues with food and binging, its not so much about the nuts and PB specifically. but no, i never have nuts or PB in my home...at all. i tried for a little bit when i started keto. but i dont like having packages/containers of food around. i would just drink the TBSP or half TBSP of the mac oil for my fats.

gman
03-17-2009, 09:19 AM
On his cutting diet, there is no specific pwo shake. You just eat the 6 meals he lists. 2-3 of those meals are protein shake and peanut butter, so you could do that PWO, but you don't have to.

I am not sure about his off season, or mass diets though.

vietgoboi
03-17-2009, 10:21 AM
Peanut butter hindrance fat loss, your still losing weight, but just slower rate.

Myth
03-17-2009, 10:48 AM
Peanut butter hindrance fat loss, your still losing weight, but just slower rate.

and the nonsensical post of the day goes to....:D

gman
03-17-2009, 11:06 AM
It is obvious he knows a lot about Dave's diet! lol

chucksm00th
03-17-2009, 11:06 AM

WOW...... Did Steve Blechman tell you that?? Or Maybe was it Shawn Ray??

Angela123
03-17-2009, 11:41 AM
and the nonsensical post of the day goes to....:D

LOL. i was thinking the same thing.

Frosty
03-17-2009, 12:11 PM
I have to agree, I'm not a fan of peanut butter on the diet. Loaded to the gills with omega-6s, and other health aspects of most peanut butters....

Macadamia nuts or macadamia nut butter is superior, then almonds/almond butter. I don't use peanut butter at all in my diet.

gman
03-17-2009, 12:31 PM
seems like if that's the only omega 6's you get, that would be fine, which is true on Dave's diet, other than the evening primrose oil at 2g a day.

Remember the O/P asked about Dave's diet.

Frosty
03-17-2009, 12:42 PM
seems like if that's the only omega 6's you get, that would be fine, which is true on Dave's diet, other than the evening primrose oil at 2g a day.

Remember the O/P asked about Dave's diet.

If you do a profile of omega 6 to omega 3 on Dave's diet using chicken, eggs, beef, and peanut butter, with his recommended use of fish oil and EPO, you yield a ratio that is quite far outside the 1:1 to 2:1 ratio that's normally considered good. You're forgetting chicken is loaded with omega-6s, and so are eggs.

Macadamia nuts go a long way to provide a better overall ratio in the diet.

gman
03-17-2009, 12:48 PM
why not write Dave and ask him about it. He answers his emails...

I just do what he tells me. I am ecstatic with the results so far.

He cites 3:2 as being the perfect ratio of them

Frosty
03-17-2009, 12:52 PM
why not write Dave and ask him about it. He answers his emails...

I just do what he tells me. I am ecstatic with the results so far.

He cites 3:2 as being the perfect ratio of them

Dave will say what Dave says. I'm just pointing out my point of view and why the other guy that mentioned peanut butter isn't some retard like he's been made out to be.

His diet with chicken, beef, eggs, and peanut butter yields nowhere near 3:2 ratio, which would be a good ratio.

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

You can add it all up yourself if you're interested.

gman
03-17-2009, 01:00 PM
cool.

but the guy was still a retard. his post had absolutely nothing to do with the O/P's question.

he just inserted his opinion on peanut butter.

I probably used to eat 10:1, so Dave's diet is a big improvement!

I may drop dead, but hopefully I will be leaner when I do, it's working so far.

Angela123
03-17-2009, 07:24 PM
here addison...for a 200 lb man. its in the dave palumbo past q&a thread...page 1.

MEAL #1
5 whole Omega-3 Eggs (with 4 additional whites)

MEAL #2
SHAKE: 54g Whey Protein Isolate*** with 1.5 Tablespoon of All Natural PB

MEAL #3
“Lean Protein Meal” 7oz (cooked) chicken (or Turkey, or Tuna, or tilapia, flounder, or cod) with 1/3-cup RAW almonds, cashews or walnuts

MEAL #4
SHAKE: 54g Whey Protein Isolate with 1 ½ tablespoons of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar added)

MEAL #5
“Fatty Protein Meal” 7oz (cooked) Salmon, Swordfish, or 8oz RED MEAT (filet mignon, or top round cut) with a green salad (no tomatoes, carrots, or red peppers) with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or Macadamia nut oil and vinegar

MEAL #6
SHAKE: 54g Whey with 1 ½ tablespoon all natural peanut butter OR 4 whole Omega-3 eggs

meal order is unimportant