PDA

View Full Version : Big J1's Predictions for the FBBs at the USAs ***Final Analysis***

Big J1
07-28-2010, 05:27 PM
Hello all,

There actually is a sort of list....lol....just remember, this is a weight class show and lots of things can change...

LW...10 entered...

1st....Claire O'Connell....we will leave it at that...she should be the best overall fbb here

2nd....Barbara Fletcher...will make pro this year or next...Tammy Patnode is waiting for that day

3rd....Marina Lopez....could surprise here......

4th...Denise Dinger....rounds out top 4

MW...13 entered

1st....Amy Sibcy....comes off of her masters class win

2nd...Gail Auerbach...will be ripped and ready

3rd....Marla Murray....picked this one because i like the name....hmmm

4th....Angie Robertson, Tomefafa Ameko, Brandi Mae Akers...pick one

LHW...10 entered

1st....Ladawn McDay...class of this field

2nd...Karen Choat...same as masters

3rd....Kate Cooper...same as masters

4th...Jen Scarpetta...jr nationals class winner..good shape

HW...11 entered

1st...Holly Geersen...winner last year...winner this year unless

2nd..Sarah Hayes....if improved on last year's condition at nationals she will be a force to contend with

3rd...Angela Rayburn...just a hunch...

4th...Kris Clark....could be higher if settled in as a HW

5th...PROPS to Jennifer Guitierrez and Gabriel Nicander....pick one

Pro CARDS......

i have no clue but one will be the LW.......

See you in Vegas....
Joel

SallyAnne
07-28-2010, 05:33 PM
The competitor list is stacked for this year's USA's - much heavier than last year. Claire back to Lightweights!

2hot4u
07-28-2010, 06:16 PM
big shout to my buddy Claire O'Connell!!! pro card baby!!

Gail is going to be ripped and ready to stir up the pot

So excited for all of the competitors!!!

Musclepapa John
07-28-2010, 10:11 PM
Interesting as Marina beat Gail at Jr Nationals. Lots of depth in this line up.

Hello all,

There actually is a sort of list....lol....just remember, this is a weight class show and lots of things can change...

LW...10 entered...

1st....Claire O'Connell....we will leave it at that...she should be the best overall fbb here

2nd....Barbara Fletcher...will make pro this year or next...Tammy Patnode is waiting for that day

MW...13 entered

sassy69
07-29-2010, 12:53 AM
Very excited to see the ladies this year - definitely a DEEP competition this year!

And my own thoughts on Barbara Fletcher -- just a powerhouse and TIGHT physique packed in that tiny little frame! I'm always just amazed at the package she brings every time she steps on stage. Best of luck to Barbara this year!

Ibarramedia
07-29-2010, 01:08 AM
Hello all,

LW...10 entered...

MW...13 entered

LHW...10 entered

HW...11 entered

2nd..Sarah Hayes....if improved on last year's condition at nationals she will be a force to contend with

Pro CARDS......

See you in Vegas....
Joel

I'm no expert but in my opinion Sarah Hayes takes the Heavyweight title :). I agree with everything else.

simpleraheem
07-30-2010, 03:02 AM
:yep:im picking tomefafa ameko to win the middlewieght class in an upset,that woman looks absolutely amazing one of the best ive ever seen..

Big J1
07-30-2010, 11:05 AM
:yep:im picking tomefafa ameko to win the middlewieght class in an upset,that woman looks absolutely amazing one of the best ive ever seen..

i saw the same thing......claire made lw....gail made mw.....no significant changes from predictions from weighins....other than above

sassy69
07-30-2010, 11:44 AM
Some weigh -in pix: http://contests.flexonline.com/contests/2010/npc_usa/backstage_photos_women/index_.php

The Prodigy
07-30-2010, 12:04 PM
Interesting as Marina beat Gail at Jr Nationals. Lots of depth in this line up.

I am a mw and Marina is a lw.....we are in two different classes.....

Gail doesn't compete to win....she competes to express her love for the sport of bodybuilding and to celebrate the end of an AMAZING journey beginning with a great offseason with an incredible trainer through contest prep with an INCREDIBLE diet coach. I never missed a cardio session, never once cheated on my diet and learned SOOO much about myself and my body. In my book.....I am already a winner!!!

Ibarramedia
07-31-2010, 12:27 AM
I am a mw and Marina is a lw.....we are in two different classes.....

Gail doesn't compete to win....she competes to express her love for the sport of bodybuilding and to celebrate the end of an AMAZING journey beginning with a great offseason with an incredible trainer through contest prep with an INCREDIBLE diet coach. I never missed a cardio session, never once cheated on my diet and learned SOOO much about myself and my body. In my book.....I am already a winner!!!

Indeed you are. That's what I like to hear. :ok: :beerbang:

Sandpig
07-31-2010, 07:37 PM
^^ I second that.

Big J1
08-01-2010, 08:07 AM
Hello all,

LW...10 entered...

MW...13 entered

LHW...10 entered

4th...Jen Scarpetta...jr nationals class winner..good shape

HW...11 entered

Pro CARDS......

See you in Vegas....
Joel

USA's are history....but a couple of notes....44 contestants...not bad for this show, up one from last year..I expect decent turnouts at NA's and Nationals....

LW

1st place...Claire O'Connell....predicted 1st....wonderful job in making a difficult comeback from TWO bicep surgeries...I hope she continues on to Nationals and in the LW's...a pro card awaits

2nd place...Marina Lopez...predicted 3rd...the next pro after Claire from this class....she has a great upside based on structure

3rd place...Denise Dinger...predicted 4th...largest rooting section

4th place...Barbara Fletcher..predicted 2nd....announced as fifth place,
Barbara was tied for 4th with Brenda Beitia...top condition has been elusive for Barb but she was very very close here...

MWs

1st place...Marla Murray...predicted 3rd..I still like the name, now I like the physique also....Our historian said she came out of nowhere, actually you just had to read the Big J1 predictions to get the advance scoop

2nd place...Amy Sibcy....predicted 1st...2nd show in two weeks....tough for anyone

3rd place...Lucy Jenkins...predicted out of the money....I was shocked by this one

4th place...Gail Auerbach..predicted 2nd.....top 2 physique, bottom two presentation.....averages to 4th....Gail is still a relative newcomer to the sport....she will do nothing but improve

LHW

this class was all over the map....veterans not in the best shape..newcomers in top shape and unknowns galore

1st place...Jen Scarpetta...predicted 4th....a pleasant surprise...this was my first opportunity to meet Jen...she is delightful..intelligent gorgeous and lots of growth potential...She will do this growing as a PRO....wow

2nd place...Natalie Ariel.. predicted not in top 4....a total suprise, Natalie is a figure cross, like Jen, and has much filling out to do...She will be a HW in the future and a good one

3rd place...LaDawn McDay..predicted 1st....just a little off here from her best

4th place...Kate Cooper...predicted 3rd...physique is sharp, ripped and keeps improving....good job Kate

HW

1st place...Sarah Hayes...predicted 2nd...the improvement over nationals last year was dramatic and sudden....great job here....and a chance for top ten finishes as a pro..

2nd place...Angela Rayburn...predicted 3th...guess my hunch was pretty good....beat 3rd place by 3 points

3rd place...Holly Geersen...predicted 1st....with her look Holly must be hard as nails and spot on shapewise...just missed it...she will be back

4th place...Jennifer Gutierrez..predicted 5th...love her look...she will grow in to this HW class...LHW last week...next year will be her year

5th place..Kris Clark...predicted 4th....brought her trademark conditioning here, the shape was a little off in the middle...will continue to wow the muscle lovers...

One other note here Gabe "the Babe" Nicander finished sixth and looked better than she has in many a show...It is always great to see Gabe in top shape.

Well I gave you top 4 in LWs, three of top 4 in MW and LHW and TOP 5 in hw...The order was a little off and as usual I cant pick the overalls for shit....but on to the North Americans as the next pro qualifier for FBB's

I may comment on the Canadians August 14th and the Canadian Masters August 28th....

Ibarramedia
08-01-2010, 12:15 PM
I got it right with my prediction of Sarah Hayes. :ok: :)

Musclepapa John
08-01-2010, 03:13 PM
I preferred Mighty Mouse for this one. Sarah is oh so lovely though and the move from figure certainly is paying off. Don't know where you go from here though as is anyone sponsoring female bodybuilders?