PDA

View Full Version : Favorite wrestlers book

Wrex
08-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Im reading Chris Jericho's book for the 2nd time now, I think his is my favorite.. very funny, and well written. Hes done and seen it all from small indies, to Mexico, Japan, ECW, WCW, before finally making it to WWE. He plays bass, was born on Long Island, is into heavy metal music, and his dad played for the Rangers in the 70's.. My kind of guy! Bret Harts book is a great read as well.. A suprisingly good one is Jerry Lawlers book. And on a darker note, Ring of Hell:The Story of Chris Benoit and the Fall of the Pro Wrestling Industry is very intresting.

swoleoneday
08-02-2010, 02:31 PM
I've read a few, but I'd have to say that Jericho's, Hart's, and Foley's first book are the top three big a large margin. Foley's second book is good as well, but his third isn't as good.

Other than that, if you are a fan of a wrestler, you would probably like their book.

Wrex
08-02-2010, 02:38 PM
I've read a few, but I'd have to say that Jericho's, Hart's, and Foley's first book are the top three big a large margin. Foley's second book is good as well, but his third isn't as good.

Other than that, if you are a fan of a wrestler, you would probably like their book.
O yeah, can't believe I forgot about Foley! I read his first one 3 times I think.

big.poppa.pump
08-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Only read Foley's and The Rock's. I liked Foley's. Read it years and years ago

Thefuture
08-02-2010, 03:46 PM
I read Foleys and the Rocks book when I was in like 5th grade and boy was it a mind opening experience lol. They certainly werent on my 5th grade reading list but I sure did enjoy them , I think I might read the The Rocks today just to see how much of an impression it has on my 22 year old mind as opposed to my 5th grade one. I read alot of the biographies and I think the Rocks was my favorite.

atomicplayboy3000
08-16-2010, 09:15 AM
Jericho's, Foley's, Flair, Lawler's & Mysterios were all great - though the first 3 stand out.

For those of you looking for an excellent read, try Pain and Passion: The History of Stampede Wrestling

Pain and Passion: The History of Stampede Wrestling: Amazon.ca: Heath McCoy: Books

TheCutMan
08-17-2010, 08:57 AM
I liked Bret Hart's book best - by far.
Eddie Guerrero's book was also great and very emotional.
Being one of my all-time favourites I also loved Stone Cold's autobiography. Flair's got great stories as well.

I've read them all and except from Goldberg's and The Rock's books I liked them all.

Goodfellas
08-17-2010, 09:06 AM
i've only read goldbergs

dallas3
08-17-2010, 02:28 PM
Mick Foley's first one was good.

TheCutMan
08-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Mick Foley's first one was good.

That's true. His first book was definitely the best one. I didn't like the Hardcore diaries too much though.
I think Foley is a guy who is only out for the money nowadays and therefore keeps dropping books although his first one - which again was a classic - already said everything there is to say about his life and career.

dallas3
08-17-2010, 03:03 PM
That's true. His first book was definitely the best one. I didn't like the Hardcore diaries too much though.
I think Foley is a guy who is only out for the money nowadays and therefore keeps dropping books although his first one - which again was a classic - already said everything there is to say about his life and career.

More than the money he's about self promotion now and keeping his name out there. I agree nothing tops his first book and honestly, nothing really big has happened in his career to warrant more books about his life.

HammerStrength12
08-18-2010, 06:09 PM
JBL's "Have more Money now" LOL. That shit made me rich

Gaoshang Xiongshou
08-18-2010, 06:56 PM
I liked The Rock's book. Bischoff's was pretty good, and so was Chyna's.