PDA

View Full Version : So I might be doing my first Natural show in 3.5 weeks. OCB Natural Arizona.

Woofman81
08-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Hey guys,

Think I just might get my feet wet and attempt to do my first ever natural show!

This show wasn't the plan but I realized there isn't much for Natural shows after this one for the year in my area. My conditioning is more like 5-6 weeks out but I only have 3.5 weeks to prepare for the OCB Arizona Natural on August 28th.

Any advice, recommendations, etc. would be greatly appreciated. I still need to buy posing trunks as well.

I've been pretty frustrated with my leg conditioning. It's behind from my upper body. I'm thinking of adding in a second cardio session for the day. Thoughts?

A few pictures and a recent a video I took attempting to pose (I need to work on posing a lot).

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/woofman81/absjuly30th-1.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/woofman81/Backdoublebijuly28-1.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/woofman81/SidechestJuly28-1.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/woofman81/Calvesjuly28.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/woofman81/Legsonequadflexed-1.jpg

Woofman81
08-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Last two and the video:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/woofman81/rearlatspread.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/woofman81/Leanestpic-1.jpg

Video:

YouTube- ‪woofman81‬‎

GENESIS
08-05-2010, 07:18 PM
you look good. I hope you dont use the music in the vid as your posing music...

Woofman81
08-05-2010, 07:25 PM
you look good. I hope you dont use the music in the vid as your posing music...

lol no I wouldn't. I just had my direct tv set on that music station at the time I took this vid.

Think I can be ready in 3.5 weeks?

GirlyMuscle
08-05-2010, 07:28 PM
You might want to check with the OCB. Last I heard they required you to go through polygraph testing before the show. Check into it and make sure you can still do it. Physique-wise..yeah, you could do it. :)

Woofman81
08-05-2010, 07:33 PM
You might want to check with the OCB. Last I heard they required you to go through polygraph testing before the show. Check into it and make sure you can still do it. Physique-wise..yeah, you could do it. :)

I'm confused? :confused: I'm already aware of the testing. I'm a lifetime natural.

DAVIDHARDY
08-05-2010, 07:47 PM
You can still do the show. The ploygraph will more than likely be the day before the show. Contact the promoter listed on the flier and he'll set you up with an appointment. Also, talk to him about buying an OCB card so you can become a member and compete in the show. You look good, but still have a little ways to go. Time to suffer with the diet and cardio like never before in these final weeks to strip off that last bit of stubborn fat. Good luck, bro.

Woofman81
08-05-2010, 07:51 PM
You can still do the show. The ploygraph will more than likely be the day before the show. Contact the promoter listed on the flier and he'll set you up with an appointment. Also, talk to him about buying an OCB card so you can become a member and compete in the show. You look good, but still have a little ways to go. Time to suffer with the diet and cardio like never before in these final weeks to strip off that last bit of stubborn fat. Good luck, bro.

Thanks, yeah I'm wondering if I need to start doing 2 cardio sessions daily. I'm currently doing cardio seven days a week, but only once and with 5 of those days being post workout cardio for 30 mins.

Scoobysnacks
08-05-2010, 07:52 PM
you look great. Arms up in the RDB the bis should be slightly above the shoulder muscle if you drew a straight line from the bi peak to towards your neck.

Good Luck

Ss

DAVIDHARDY
08-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Thanks, yeah I'm wondering if I need to start doing 2 cardio sessions daily. I'm currently doing cardio seven days a week, but only once and with 5 of those days being post workout cardio for 30 mins.

You look really good man. 2 sessions a day wouldn't be a bad idea, but if you're still losing and not stalled out, then it might actually not be necessary.

Woofman81
08-05-2010, 08:23 PM
You look really good man. 2 sessions a day wouldn't be a bad idea, but if you're still losing and not stalled out, then it might actually not be necessary.

Also, my calories just got reduced by almost 300 so that should help as well. I'm doing Scivation's diet solution. This is my 10th week on the diet.

sexybeast1
08-05-2010, 09:17 PM
Hey man you look good for 3.5 weeks out, and your conditioning can only get better especially after your drop water which I don't even really think your even carrying any bro. But i'd say your condition is very good. Good luck bro!

Woofman81
08-06-2010, 12:48 AM
Hey man you look good for 3.5 weeks out, and your conditioning can only get better especially after your drop water which I don't even really think your even carrying any bro. But i'd say your condition is very good. Good luck bro!

Well I don't plan on messing with my sodium or water...:dunno:

Just hoping the diet, training, and cardio get me stage condition ready.

SwoleChamp
08-06-2010, 01:28 PM
good luck to you bro, looking good!

Woofman81
08-06-2010, 02:45 PM
Thanks man!

What does everyone think about throwing in a extra 30 mins of Low intensity cardio in the morning? This, combined with my 30 mins post workout.

Good idea since my conditioning is behind?

SwoleChamp
08-06-2010, 02:52 PM
thats a good idea, i do 30 min am and 45min pm, but your conditioning is already great so wouldnt need much!

Woofman81
08-06-2010, 03:28 PM
thats a good idea, i do 30 min am and 45min pm, but your conditioning is already great so wouldnt need much!

Not in my lower body unfortunately :mad: I hope I can make some good improvements these next 3 weeks to get them better conditioned.

SwoleChamp
08-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Not in my lower body unfortunately :mad: I hope I can make some good improvements these next 3 weeks to get them better conditioned.

are you planning on cutting your water out, using a natural diuretic??

Woofman81
08-06-2010, 05:53 PM
are you planning on cutting your water out, using a natural diuretic??

I read an article by Layne Norton that suggested not to cut water or sodium.

I need to do some research on natural diuretics. I know Scivation has a product called Showtime that has dandelion root extract in it and stuff.

Not sure what most naturals take before a show. Anyone?

Here is the thread by the way:

So you think you should cut water and sodium huh? - Bodybuilding.com Forums

DAVIDHARDY
08-06-2010, 07:56 PM
I followed the advice of Scooby and Skip for the most part for my 2nd show. I upped my sodium and then cut it back to normal. I kicked my water up a notch and then just stopped drinking it about 15 hours before prejudging. I was open light heavy, so I didn't actually hit the stage until about 18 hours after my last water. I don't think Skip advocates cutting it altogether, but if I remember correctly, Scooby advised a taper method. I can't remember exactly, but I did take a lot of stock in what those two said and it worked.

Woofman81
08-07-2010, 12:42 AM
I followed the advice of Scooby and Skip for the most part for my 2nd show. I upped my sodium and then cut it back to normal. I kicked my water up a notch and then just stopped drinking it about 15 hours before prejudging. I was open light heavy, so I didn't actually hit the stage until about 18 hours after my last water. I don't think Skip advocates cutting it altogether, but if I remember correctly, Scooby advised a taper method. I can't remember exactly, but I did take a lot of stock in what those two said and it worked.

Hmmmm, interesting. I think I feel safest though not messing around with the two. According to Layne, if you're conditioned enough, you'll be ready.

Hopefully this extra cardio session will help!

Waylon
08-07-2010, 01:43 AM
Phil Ricardo has some great Sodium/Water Load and depletion ideas on his site

Woofman81
08-08-2010, 03:17 AM
Just put up a lot of 3 week out pics guys. Would love some feedback....

Scroll down for the pics....

Possible 3.5 weeks out from OCB Arizona Natural - RX Muscle Forums

THEVMAN
08-08-2010, 01:26 PM
You look great, dry, tight - I dont see why you want to do more cardio - if you have fat on the glutes and hams, maybe some - but I would not try to make too big of a change to close to the show - the last week you will want to rest legs some anyway - i dont see anything broken that would drive you to change what you are doing - best of luck

Woofman81
08-08-2010, 03:09 PM
You look great, dry, tight - I dont see why you want to do more cardio - if you have fat on the glutes and hams, maybe some - but I would not try to make too big of a change to close to the show - the last week you will want to rest legs some anyway - i dont see anything broken that would drive you to change what you are doing - best of luck

Well, I just want really good conditioning for my first show. Since I'm behind for 3 weeks out, I thought the extra cardio session would help?

Waylon
08-24-2010, 07:08 PM
whats the update?

Woofman81
08-25-2010, 01:52 AM
whats the update?

My show is this Saturday :)

Took this yesterday after my first day of carbing up!

Costco77
08-25-2010, 03:03 AM
Great stiations, shredded to the bone. Good luck bro!

How much do you weigh in this pic?

Waylon
08-25-2010, 03:11 AM
Holy striations Batman!

Woofman81
08-25-2010, 06:34 PM
Great stiations, shredded to the bone. Good luck bro!

How much do you weigh in this pic?

Thanks, around 184

DAVIDHARDY
08-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Very shredded; what about the lower half?

Woofman81
08-26-2010, 10:26 PM
Very shredded; what about the lower half?

Not as conditioned as my upper half unfortunately. Although, I busted my a** to at least get them close. Hard to tell from these pics but my glutes are in and I have hamstring separation coming through finally.

NATURAL-1987
08-27-2010, 11:59 AM
Super dry buddy. Congrats on looking this good and all the best at the show.

Andre Gregoire
08-27-2010, 01:06 PM
Great conditioning, congrats on the hard work and good luck tomorrow.

DAVIDHARDY
08-27-2010, 06:14 PM
A blind man could see those glute striations! Great job, I hope your conditioning gets rewarded, but don't get discouraged if you don't place 1st. I learned that someone else's 100% could be better than my 100% and that's just the way it is. You look great!

Woofman81
08-28-2010, 06:43 AM
A blind man could see those glute striations! Great job, I hope your conditioning gets rewarded, but don't get discouraged if you don't place 1st. I learned that someone else's 100% could be better than my 100% and that's just the way it is. You look great!

Thanks, and yeah, I totally hear ya. All I can do is bring what I have and hope the judges like what they see.

I took these yesterday afternoon after I got my color done.

Andre Gregoire
08-28-2010, 09:06 AM
Looking eve better. Good luck man.

By the way, how tall are you and how much do you weigh?

stugots_
08-28-2010, 11:27 AM
Very shredded! Best of luck!

Waylon
08-28-2010, 04:36 PM
Man thats solid, good luck today and make sure to update us when you get the chance.

Rsardinia
09-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Looking great w/ that color on! You had to have done well if not taking the whole thing.

DAVIDHARDY
09-01-2010, 08:15 PM
How did it go?

Woofman81
09-02-2010, 01:15 AM
Sorry for the late update guys. Ugh, still kinda bummed. I think the Novice overall should have been mine and I had so many people afterward say the same thing. I got 2nd though in the tall class (OCB goes by height, not weight).

In the open tall class I ended up taking 3rd. My goal was top 3 so I just made that. Here are the pics from the show.....

If you look at the comparisons towards the bottom, the blonde kid in black trunks (cross tattoo on back) beat me for the Novice overall. He did have me on size, I'll give him that. My conditioning was better than his though.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001499175828#!/album.php?aid=32179&id=100000117814279 (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001499175828#%21/album.php?aid=32179&id=100000117814279)

DAVIDHARDY
09-02-2010, 06:46 AM
Sorry for the late update guys. Ugh, still kinda bummed. I think the Novice overall should have been mine and I had so many people afterward say the same thing. I got 2nd though in the tall class (OCB goes by height, not weight).

In the open tall class I ended up taking 3rd. My goal was top 3 so I just made that. Here are the pics from the show.....

If you look at the comparisons towards the bottom, the blonde kid in black trunks (cross tattoo on back) beat me for the Novice overall. He did have me on size, I'll give him that. My conditioning was better than his though.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001499175828#!/album.php?aid=32179&id=100000117814279

2nd Place is the hardest pill to swallow. I hate, hate, hate it when conditioning doesn't win. You were undersized against him, but IMO you had enough size to garner the win. Your conditioning from behind simply blew him away, judging from the pictures. Anyone can get big, but not everyone can get ripped. Oh well man, keep at it, add some size and get even more ripped next time around.

Woofman81
09-02-2010, 12:50 PM
2nd Place is the hardest pill to swallow. I hate, hate, hate it when conditioning doesn't win. You were undersized against him, but IMO you had enough size to garner the win. Your conditioning from behind simply blew him away, judging from the pictures. Anyone can get big, but not everyone can get ripped. Oh well man, keep at it, add some size and get even more ripped next time around.

Yeah it is :mad: Haha! Yeah, that's what everyone said to me back stage after prejudging. Oh well, like you said, it's time to for a real productive offseason. I've always tried to stay really lean year round but now that I'm competing, i'm willing to put on some bodyfat to be able to push some heavy weights and add some quality size for my next show.

KPipes0683
09-02-2010, 10:44 PM
Dude, you looked awesome!!! I've always been challenged in the quads/hamstring department as far as bringing out the separations and what not. What do you find works great for you?

Andre Gregoire
09-04-2010, 08:43 PM
You looked great the blond guy just had a lot more muscle especially the legs. I would try to stick to shows with weight classes instead.

Forrest
09-05-2010, 04:13 AM
I would try to stick to shows with weight classes instead.

Why do you say that?

Cohn, congrats on your placings, it looks like there were alot of guys there who would've gladly traded placings with you!

Lil Mac
09-05-2010, 05:43 AM

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001499175828#!/album.php?aid=32179&id=100000117814279 (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001499175828#%21/album.php?aid=32179&id=100000117814279)

You looked great man! Don't get discouraged, you looked awesome and still achieved your goal.

Woofman81
09-06-2010, 03:18 AM
Some new, high quality pics in here from show:

http://www.foursimon.com/2010-Bodybuilding/OCB-28AUG2010/OCB10-075-COHN-WOLFE/13611428_Fts7W#993891414_BfzHW

You looked great the blond guy just had a lot more muscle especially the legs. I would try to stick to shows with weight classes instead.

That same guy also did Teen nationals and has been doing the show we just did for the past few years and keeps improving. I actually emailed a few of the judges and one of them said she had me in 1st over him. She said the blonde kids legs throw off his symmetry. He was a big boy though, especially up close. I was pretty intimated when I first saw him.

Why do you say that?

Cohn, congrats on your placings, it looks like there were alot of guys there who would've gladly traded placings with you!

Thanks! I'm just more motivated than ever now to improve since I know where I stand, and I know what I need to bring up.

You looked great man! Don't get discouraged, you looked awesome and still achieved your goal.

Yeah, the great thing is knowing that I came in looking my best. That, and I got a ton of positive feedback from people at the show.

Andre Gregoire
09-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Why do you say that?

The winner of the class seems to outweigh him by a great deal maybe 20-30lbs. Nothing negative meant by my comment, just that if he competes against guys his weight I can't see him not win his class.

Woofman81
09-06-2010, 01:37 PM
The winner of the class seems to outweigh him by a great deal maybe 20-30lbs. Nothing negative meant by my comment, just that if he competes against guys his weight I can't see him not win his class.

You're wrong! If the judges went by your theory, the blond kid would have won the whole show. We faced each other again in the open, tall class. I got 3rd, he got 2nd, and the guy that got 1st, probably weighed the same as me or he might have even been lighter.

The guy who won the Men's Overall, was probably less than 170lbs.

Woofman81
09-06-2010, 01:40 PM
From one of the judges..... (#71 is the blond kid who beat me in the Novice)

Hi Cohn, Thanks for contacting me, when I competed I was always so exhausted afterwards that talking to the judges was the last thing I wanted to do. That is amazing that this was your first show! I was very impressed with your physique, you have great symmetry and were very well conditioned, you appeared hard, did not look to be holding any water and I placed you first in the novice tall class. I placed you over number 71 because I felt that he was not as proportioned, his thighs outsized the rest of his physique (although he was much improved over last year). I felt that you were both very close but I had to choose you because I am huge on symetrical balance. It was a very tough choice but that is what I narrowed it down to. Apparently the other judges had the same trouble but I'm not sure why they opted to place him over you but it looks like we were all on the same page. You did amazingly well being your first time because if he had not been there you would have taken it. He has been doing it at least a couple years.
For the open men tall class I also had you placed 1st but this was a very tough class to call, 111 was amazing and had incredible striations on his back however I put him at 3rd place and Kevin (71 ) in second.
So my advice to you is keep doing whatever you did, I did not make any notes for improvement because nothing stood out that you could do better in my opinion but you can never tell who else is gonna show up at these things. If anything probably if you can get just a tad leaner so more striations show up because that is a huge impression factor with the judges. I think size is perfect, I do not like huge in natural bodybuilding and that was number 71's issue last year, he was a monster and I dock for it. It is not about size but proportion, hardness and overall symetry.
I hope this helps! I hope to see you next year, this is by far the most organized and fair organization I have seen.

THEVMAN
09-08-2010, 11:45 AM
You did awesome man - and you are an inspiration to me - I am 2 1/2 weeks out and trying to get those striated glues - have to carb up a bit today - been flat and doing lots of cardio - Thanks for sharing - you did your best and have a bright future. GREAT JOB!

I am going for my 1st natural show in 3 years - I guess we never know who will show up. Congratulations

IvesDewitte
09-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Awesome conditioning man.
Next year its my turn again after a break for 10 years.