PDA

View Full Version : To add size or keep dieting?

jkmatthews
08-08-2010, 08:20 AM
I am 6'1 and currently around 210. I'm 22 and haven't been doing this long. I have always been a fat kid growing up and finally dieted down from about 27% bf to now around 16 to 17%. It took me about 24 weeks. I would just continue to diet to get my bodyfat down but my body is pretty much saying F U! And not allowing me to lose the weight. I know I am too tall and stringy to get on stage now but I was wondering if you guys thought I should continue to diet and try to get my bodyfat down a little more or start bulking and continue to eat super clean to add mass? My friend and training partner who is a good bodybuilder and whom I trust to have my best interest at heart said to add mass but continue to eat super clean right now if I ever wanted to get on stage. I would just appreciate any comments to help steer me in the right direction.

tammyp
08-08-2010, 08:29 AM
pics would be helpful.

you dont need to gain a ton of bf to get bigger. why gain 20 lbs of fat for 3 lbs of muscle? makes no sense. are you nattie?

jkmatthews
08-08-2010, 08:38 AM
No not a nattie but I've never been able to truly bulk. I've been dieting for most of my time since I started doing this. I just kind of wanted to get the bodyfat down before I started to actually bulk. I know pics would be helpful but I don't have any, sorry. I just think that I am to the point where I am spinning my wheels with dieting and if I was to eat clean I could add some size for a few years and make some body changes then decide to compete because I have time on my side.

jkmatthews
08-08-2010, 08:39 AM
I definitely don't want to gain a lot of fat to add muscle, I agree with you, that makes no sense!

jkmatthews
08-08-2010, 09:02 AM
I'm pretty sure I know that I need to add more muscle. I'm sorry for wasting peoples' time. You may delete this thread if you'd like now.

tammyp
08-08-2010, 03:50 PM
you sound like you need a structured plan. i think once you get that, you will see the results you are looking for.