PDA

View Full Version : Will this economy affect your contest season?

Gaoshang Xiongshou
02-11-2009, 01:29 AM
How much of an impact will it have on your competitive endeavors for 2009? Any plans or sacrifices to make to see that you get to where you want to be this year?

Femphysiquefan
02-11-2009, 02:53 AM
As a fan, the economy is having a great effect on me. I was laid off my job 5 months ago, and considering I'm living in a state with one of the highest levels of unemployment the prospects of a new job any time soon are not too promising. As a result, no shows for me until I get something like steady employment.

AmyLynn
02-11-2009, 04:31 AM
I don't think the economy will affect my competition plans....but I certainly have more time to work on my fitness routine and do lotsa cardio!

2hot4u
02-11-2009, 07:42 AM
I am cutting everywhere i can to adjust so i can compete at the shows i have chosen. I hope things turn around soon. I hated seeing my 401k lost over 8,000 this past year!!! I don't want to be a old lady living in the streets when i retire, I want to be traveling etc so let's all pray Obama can do something fast!!!

dvsness
02-11-2009, 01:49 PM
I am unable to retain my trainer until further notice. :(

JillyRev
02-11-2009, 09:15 PM
as of now... no... some how the bank i work for is doing really well.... but god knows how things can change in a week!

fitbody
02-12-2009, 02:27 AM
absolutely NOT !!!!!!
the economy is not affecting me at all
i had my highest grossing month ever last month
i'm on freakin fire
people have to quit focusing on the negative
what you think about you bring about
it's the universal law of attraction
if you don't own the audio book "The Secret" and or...
"The Science of Getting Rich" by Wallace Wattles
get it
change your thinking
change you life
change the world !
just do it...

tammyp
02-12-2009, 07:50 AM
it has effected my business and where i live. i will be using the same suit, doing my own routine and music.

2hot4u
02-12-2009, 08:10 AM
tammy, i think everyone has felt this and i am sure you will do awesome with your music and routine!!! I am sure it will be off the hook!!!
it has effected my business and where i live. i will be using the same suit, doing my own routine and music.

tammyp
02-12-2009, 08:28 AM
aw thanks. i just love colettes style for them, and it sucks. but as of now i have 0 saved, so i will be doing this on a tight budget. how many girls can we cram in 1 hotel room?

dvsness
02-12-2009, 10:17 AM
absolutely NOT !!!!!!
the economy is not affecting me at all
i had my highest grossing month ever last month
i'm on freakin fire

You obviously are not in the publishing industry. :D

NPCfigure
02-12-2009, 06:31 PM
So far no.............but everything is subject to change!:rolleyes:

I am only doing 1 show, the venue should be about 10 min from my house...

I would be using my trainer show or no show, so I will only be spending money on my suit, and hair/make up

militantmuscle
02-12-2009, 06:39 PM
The economy is affecting EVERYONE in the U.S., not to mention Germany, Japan, China and Saudi Arabia among others, because they are big investors in our financial assets (U.S. Treasury securities, notes, bonds). Take a look at interest rates, GDP and consumer price index and this will be very apparent.

Local/state governments are being hit the hardest, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but state/local taxes could very well rise, since everyone is saving instead of spending these days.

JillyRev
02-12-2009, 08:20 PM
The economy is affecting EVERYONE in the U.S., not to mention Germany, Japan, China and Saudi Arabia among others, because they are big investors in our financial assets (U.S. Treasury securities, notes, bonds). Take a look at interest rates, GDP and consumer price index and this will be very apparent.

Local/state governments are being hit the hardest, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but state/local taxes could very well rise, since everyone is saving instead of spending these days.

yes and the sad thing is that it is going to get A LOT worse before it gets better... I was at Lehman Brothers till July. ( i left on my own and found something better) Lucky for me because of the 500 people in my area globally, only about 20 are still employed at Barclays now... the worst part is that it financial world is flooded with people with no jobs and only a few places are hiring, and if they are hiring it is only the top people out there...

Sharp Curves
02-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Australia is feeling it pretty badly also.

The AU dollar is really struggling.

SallyAnne
02-12-2009, 08:28 PM
aw thanks. i just love colettes style for them, and it sucks. but as of now i have 0 saved, so i will be doing this on a tight budget. how many girls can we cram in 1 hotel room?

I'm budgeting this year, too. If work doesn't pick up, I'll be looking for roomies at nationals.

tammyp
02-13-2009, 06:30 AM
I'm budgeting this year, too. If work doesn't pick up, I'll be looking for roomies at nationals.

suzanne and i were talking about a condo. we can fit a ton of use in there.