PDA

View Full Version : Rx Girl Interview: Beth Polisson

SallyAnne
08-10-2010, 03:32 PM
An interview by Rx Muscle Forum Leader Sharon Garrett, aka RX Muscle Forums - View Profile: ~gymdiva~@@AMEPARAM@@View Profile: ~gymdiva~</title>@@AMEPARAM@@~gymdiva~.

"I'm not in competition with anybody but myself. My goal is to beat my last performance."

Who would think that a quote from Celine Dion could be used when speaking on the world of physique competition? But this simple quote perfectly sums up how Beth approaches anything in life. Whether it was work, school, or sports, Beth always took the position of achieving the absolute best. No settling. No wondering. No what-ifs. So it was no surprise when she waltzed out onstage at the 2010 NC States and won her class in her very first figure show. Now she's set to take on the big dogs as she heads towards her first national level show in the NPC Junior USAs.

Read more---->http://www.rxmuscle.com/rxgirl/rx-girl-articles/1855-beth-polisson-qim-not-in-competition-with-anybody-but-myselfq.html

Ibarramedia
08-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Good work Sharon. Nice pics too. :ok:

~gymdiva~
08-10-2010, 03:44 PM
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you Sally! :banana:

stephaniewicked
08-10-2010, 05:05 PM
"Eat boring food, have an exciting body."

I LOVE this quote - SO true!!

Great article, mama... Good luck to Beth at Jr USAs!

sassy69
08-10-2010, 05:19 PM
"Eat boring food, have an exciting body."

I LOVE this quote - SO true!!

Great article, mama... Good luck to Beth at Jr USAs!

"Boring" is relative. I happened to get very turned on by a piece of grilled chicken....

wait ... hmmm .. um anyway ..

back to topic :)

Ibarramedia
08-10-2010, 05:22 PM
"Boring" is relative. I happened to get very turned on by a piece of grilled chicken....

wait ... hmmm .. um anyway ..

back to topic :)

Focus. Jill Focus...... :D

wooshie13
08-10-2010, 11:17 PM
Thanks, Sharon, for interviewing me! You're awesome!! 2 weeks till showtime. EEK!

~gymdiva~
08-10-2010, 11:56 PM
HEY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!! you need an avi young lady! :)

wooshie13
08-11-2010, 09:18 AM
Done! :)

~gymdiva~
08-11-2010, 09:20 AM
fact ;)

LisaRD23
08-17-2010, 10:02 AM
This is exactly how I felt when I first started eating clean and began becoming serious about training and my body (about 5yrs ago). What Beth describes below is the period that will make or break the "average" person when deciding to cross over into the bodybuilding lifestyle. Even if you're not prepping for a show, it is a major adjustment period.

BUT...like she says, once you push through the hurdle, it becomes routine.

The diet was overwhelming - not so much the foods I was being asked to eat, but the preparation of them. I found it a daunting task to cook for 3-4 hrs a night about twice a week, to pack it all up into tupperware, and then to weigh it all out the next day. I'd find myself going out to restaurants with friends and almost breaking down into tears because there was nothing "prep-friendly" on the menu that I could eat.

wooshie13
08-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Absolutely! That's part of why I wanted that to stick out for other girls. And, for anyone, for that matter! I have tons of clients who tell me they just don't have the willpower to stick to a diet and just aren't interested in putting in the effort. YOU control effort, not outcome. You get out of it what you put into it. If you plug away, and get through it, it becomes routine. Now, I don't even THINK about packing up my cooler of food when I'm leaving for the weekend. It's part of who I am. And it's no longer an inconvenience. I wish people would just give it TIME. But, then again, that's why not everyone is a figure/fitness competitor or bodybuilder. :)

~gymdiva~
08-27-2010, 01:18 PM
alright, my girl is all checked in and is in class E! so let's watch for that class once the play-by-plays hit! :)

stephaniewicked
08-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Whooooooooo, go Beth!! Good luck girl!

~gymdiva~
08-29-2010, 08:24 PM
miss thang got 5th!!!! congrats Beth on placing in your national debut! :)

stephaniewicked
08-29-2010, 09:41 PM
Congratulations, Beth!!

wooshie13
09-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Thanks, everyone!! I am pretty happy with my placing, although I think I could've been a spot or 2 higher. But........you never really know what the judges are thinking or looking for, so........it is what it is! I'm looking forward to a long off season to really gain lots of mass in my shoulders and back. I will come in tighter next year, for sure.