PDA

View Full Version : Getting legs ripped up?

shankuan
08-11-2010, 04:08 PM
just wanted to get some feedback from you ladies on the strategies that have worked best for getting your legs (especially the adductors, quads) in shredded contest-condition (strict diet and cardio considered).

specific exercises, rep schemes and ranges???

Lunges, atg squats, hacks, sumo leg press, adduction and even extensions are staples PLUS inclined walking for an hour and posing are all part of the arsenal for me but i still am not seeing the kind of quad sepration i'd like. i'm all ready kicking the hell out of my own ass to see this happen and with 5 1/2 weeks to go, doesn't seem like its happening fast enough. :paddle:

sassy69
08-11-2010, 04:33 PM
just wanted to get some feedback from you ladies on the strategies that have worked best for getting your legs (especially the adductors, quads) in shredded contest-condition (strict diet and cardio considered).

specific exercises, rep schemes and ranges???

Lunges, atg squats, hacks, sumo leg press, adduction and even extensions are staples PLUS inclined walking for an hour and posing are all part of the arsenal for me but i still am not seeing the kind of quad sepration i'd like. i'm all ready kicking the hell out of my own ass to see this happen and with 5 1/2 weeks to go, doesn't seem like its happening fast enough. :paddle:

It sounds like you're doing everything right, but at this point I'd be looking to things like fat, water (estrogen-driven or otherwise) that would be obscuring your detail.

Consider 2 hrs of cardio? Or possibly mixing in some sprint cardio in addition to your 1 hr?

A tool that has worked well for me to dump water is sauna suit cardio. Because its sort of specific to water manipulation Ilike to do it closer to the show date -e.g. 3-4 weeks out, do for 10-12 days and stop at least a week out to let all the fluid settle. Get one of those $10 plastic sauna suits from your favorite sports shop and do AM cardio, e.g. walking cardio for 45-60 min each day for 10-12 days. You'll see a drop in weight (water) and more detail coming out. Keep in mind that you'll be sweating bucketloads so I personally do it such that I put gallon plastic baggies over my socks, put that into my shoes, tuck the pants into teh baggies, tuck the top into the pants and keep my arms up (or just not down) so the water only runs into the baggies and doesn't soak my tennis shoes and also the treadmill and everything else. And then walk straight into the shower from the treadmill and strip it all off, wring out your clothes, rinse out the sauna suit, take your shower and continue on your way, and then repeat.

Suzanne
08-11-2010, 05:21 PM
OMG sauna suit cardio sucks balls!!! I have done it in the past I even have a $100 pro boxer type suit It is like real material then lined with the vinyl and hood and pockets. I thought I was gonna have ehat stroke!

Go HEAVY on legs if you want deep separation

Try triple "drop" leg ext. you actually increase the wt
ie 70x15 - 90x12 -110x10 that is one set NO rest and SQUEEZE every rep

May be the place you hold water/fat. I have lines in quads even of season but don't get abs till week of show we all have our "spots"