PDA

View Full Version : Bikini Thread

Angela123
02-11-2009, 01:38 AM
I thought I'd start a thread for the bikini competitors. Since we will see our first bikini comp at the AC...correct? Who is competing in it? Or at Jr USA's...which is the first pro qualifier for bikini.

So any ladies competing in bikini, feel free to post here to ask questions to one another or just let us know what show you are competing in.

THIS IS NOT A THREAD FOR PEOPLE TO POST THEIR OPINOINS ABOUT BIKINI. BIKINI IS NOW A DIVISION FOR WOMEN WHO COMPETE IN THE NPC...SO WE WILL COVER IT ON THIS BOARD, ALONG WITH FBB, FITNESS AND FIGURE. NEGATIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

~gymdiva~
02-11-2009, 01:43 AM
Jr Usa's will be the first pro qualifier but yes, it will be at the Arnold Am first...I'll actually be curious to see how that unfolds...right now the numbers are pretty low for the AA but I really think it has more to do with the timing than the category...

Angela123
02-11-2009, 01:59 AM
i have a feeling, the women will look pretty good. well, the top placing women anyway. even in figure, there are some not so nice physiques...as im sure bikini will get those too. but in my mind..im picturing a hot ass physique for the look of bikini. ill have to look thru some pix of models and post what i think they'll be looking for.

i think i heard they have a choice of either off the rack bikinis or custom...but still have to have a small lower back v...which is hard to find in off the rack bikinis. im sure most will get custom, aka figure two piece suits.

Fitswim by Celeste
02-11-2009, 09:53 AM
i think i heard they have a choice of either off the rack bikinis or custom...but still have to have a small lower back v...which is hard to find in off the rack bikinis. im sure most will get custom, aka figure two piece suits.

the "V" cut thing is really gonna be hard to find off the rack for sure - just take a look at ALL the styles in fashion now - NONE of the are v cut what so ever. it will be interesting to see what the percentage of off the rack compared to custom suits.

Angela123
02-11-2009, 11:59 AM
yah...that is what i was thinking. even the swimsuits that are teenie tiny...though are tiny...simply just dont fit the same way as the bottoms on a custom figure suit. im sure most if not all competitors will have custom suits.

Noel Fuller
02-12-2009, 10:02 PM
I'm supposed to judge one in a few weeks, this will be interesting.

BigJD69
02-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Dam I thought pics were going to be posted! LOL

Admiral Johnson
02-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Are there going to be pics?

Angela123
02-12-2009, 10:34 PM
damn...i can only get on the net for a little bit. ive been having issues with my server for two days. dont think i can find pix tonight. any ladies who are competing...feel free to post your pic.

JVALDEZ
03-02-2009, 12:58 PM
HERE A PICTURE OF MY WIFE 4 WEELS OUT FROM THE ARIZONA,http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/joespeedzone/3318538722_b1f71affeb_o1.jpg

Angela123
03-02-2009, 01:13 PM
why thank you!!!!!! she looks great. now what is her gameplan for the next 4wks?

JVALDEZ
03-02-2009, 01:53 PM
why thank you!!!!!! she looks great. now what is her gameplan for the next 4wks?

Thanks,she's working her butt off!! At this point just to stay tight and practice her walk and posing, after the arnold we should have a better idea of what the judges are looking for and can try to adj if needed in the next three weeks.

Angela123
03-02-2009, 02:24 PM
well, good luck. keep us posted.

Kelly Baker
03-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Natural Ohio on April 4th is supposed to have 1 bikini class, but will add additional classes if there are a lot of competitors. Last email I got about it didn't indicate they'd added any, but they have moved Pre-J up an hour so I suppose they expect quite a few at this point.

tammyp
03-02-2009, 04:38 PM
she has the look i was told is what it should look like. she should do well~

~gymdiva~
03-02-2009, 04:42 PM
so far no NC shows have added it to their list...I would imagine Quincy may have it at the Elite since he had this before figure was even added...but that show is not until november so we'll have to see...

SallyAnne
03-02-2009, 05:02 PM

I agree. She looks great - and I really like her suit.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-02-2009, 05:20 PM
Is there a regulation suit or cut that is going to be enforced, or is it open a little for the women to do their best to enhance their presentation onstage?

JVALDEZ
03-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Is there a regulation suit or cut that is going to be enforced, or is it open a little for the women to do their best to enhance their presentation onstage?

No thongs permitted thats for sure,and at this point with just guidelines doing their best to enhance their presentiontion is fairly open.

JVALDEZ
03-02-2009, 05:56 PM

thanks tammy,that means a lot to my wife!

stephaniewicked
03-04-2009, 09:27 PM
I'm really excited to see pics from the AC this weekend to see what they're looking for!! I'm just under 8 weeks out from my first show...

Of course I don't think they make "off the rack" suits that match the criteria noted in the NPC rules. All the boards I belong to went back and forth on that issue for the longest time. My suit designer (Berns - PassionFruitDesigns.com) informed me that she spoke with a few NPC judges to gauge an idea of how to create her designs for this division, so I've placed my trust in her and I'm really excited to see the final product!

J - your wife looks great! Best of luck to her!!

stephaniewicked
03-04-2009, 11:09 PM
Upon second glance at J's wife's pic, I have a question...

I heard that string bikinis were not permitted for this division. Does anyone know if there's any validity to that? I was told that bottoms are supposed to have a 1/4" cut piece of fabric on the sides, but not have ties... I prefer this look on myself anyway and that's what my designer is working on for me, so it isn't a personal issue... but just wondering if that statement is true?

Again, I'm sure the look at the AC will answer alot of these open-ended questions... but if anyone has info on that, I'm curious...

tammyp
03-05-2009, 05:35 AM
welcome steph!

i will report back after the weekend!

JVALDEZ
03-05-2009, 10:19 AM
i'm really excited to see pics from the ac this weekend to see what they're looking for!! I'm just under 8 weeks out from my first show...

Of course i don't think they make "off the rack" suits that match the criteria noted in the npc rules. All the boards i belong to went back and forth on that issue for the longest time. My suit designer (berns - passionfruitdesigns.com) informed me that she spoke with a few npc judges to gauge an idea of how to create her designs for this division, so i've placed my trust in her and i'm really excited to see the final product!

J - your wife looks great! Best of luck to her!!

thanks, steph and best of luck to you too!

stephaniewicked
03-05-2009, 12:15 PM
welcome steph!

i will report back after the weekend!

Thanks, Tammy! Looking forward to it!

FitSarah
03-08-2009, 02:14 PM
I was just looking at bikini pictures posted from the Arnold, all of the girls look really good..I would not want to judge that show, it would be a hard decision. Although Im a little confused as to what the criteria is?? I seen some girls in figure suits others in swim wear..some had color on and others did not..Some were even doing figure poses..What are the guidelines??

JVALDEZ
03-08-2009, 04:51 PM
I was just looking at bikini pictures posted from the Arnold, all of the girls look really good..I would not want to judge that show, it would be a hard decision. Although Im a little confused as to what the criteria is?? I seen some girls in figure suits others in swim wear..some had color on and others did not..Some were even doing figure poses..What are the guidelines??

I was thinking the same thing,all guide lines are in the npc rule book on npc onlne.