PDA

View Full Version : TRT dosage question

gman
03-17-2009, 06:22 PM
I am getting shit from guys on TRT about my protocol being double what it should be. They especially say that the arimidex dose is high, and may drive my E2 to zero, which is just as suckish as having it be too high.

Just started this after a year of just doing 30mg of compounded gel a day. My last levels were TT: 502, DHT 68, E2: 49 (very high normal).

New protocol

200mg test cyp once a week
500 units HCG twice a week
.5mg Arimidex 3x a week

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance

apex23
03-17-2009, 10:50 PM
Drop everything and take the test. You do not need ARimidex at all. That is such a small amount.

maxititer
03-18-2009, 08:01 AM
Sound like a good advice ... unless is you are having some elevated levels of estriol/estradiol you may not need aromataza inhibitors like anastrazole or letrozole.

I spend few years in testing of different TRT protocols and at present taking 40 mg of oral testosterone undecanoate at night with some bread and butter and absorption is awesome, just for TRT that should be sufficient for most.

DocGabri
03-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Only 40mg/day maxi?

maxititer
03-18-2009, 09:55 AM
yes, only 40 mg cap and I do not use anything else at that moment, no insulin or GH, only 5-6 mg naltrexone per week.

I found that Andriol much better when taken at night and with some butter.

here is nice article about Andriol written by Leigh Penman and he said that Andriol should be taken with some fats to improve absorption, and it really improved effect quite a bit.

http://www.rxmuscle.com/articles/chemical-enhancement/82-drug-profiles-andriol-testosterone-undecanoate.html

gman
03-18-2009, 10:00 AM
I was prescribed the arimidex because I had pretty high E2 of 49 (0-53), especially when compared to my total T of only 502

Jacquester
03-18-2009, 10:21 AM
I am getting shit from guys on TRT about my protocol being double what it should be. They especially say that the arimidex dose is high, and may drive my E2 to zero, which is just as suckish as having it be too high.

Just started this after a year of just doing 30mg of compounded gel a day. My last levels were TT: 502, DHT 68, E2: 49 (very high normal).

New protocol

200mg test cyp once a week
500 units HCG twice a week
.5mg Arimidex 3x a week

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance

Your protocol is similar to my HRT. Are your latest levels while on this potocol? If yes it answers most of your questions. I wouldn't call the results of TT 502 too much so the comment that your dose is twice what it should be makes no sense. You don't want to get rid of all your E it helps build size and strength and normalize HDL levels. If your current E level is while on the Adex you might want to stay on- if not maybe drop it to twice a week or drop it completely- just watch you nipples, water retention, and BP which are good indicators that the E is rising. Nothing wrong with the HCG. Your levels are in a "normal" range so if that's your goal this is working.

gman
03-18-2009, 10:35 AM
those were my levels on the gel of only 30mg a day(it was supposed to be a very absorbable compound gel, 40-50% yield). I just switched to doing shots, in fact I have only done one injection of cyp. I did my first HCG shot last night.

I am considering dropping back to 2x a week on the arimidex for a while. It is expensive.

Blood work to be done after 6 weeks on this current regimen.

My E2 could be high because I am carrying fat around the middle, or is it, I am carrying fat around my middle because my E2 is high???

Jacquester
03-18-2009, 10:43 AM
A bit of both- it tends to compound the problem cyclically