PDA

View Full Version : New Member Here

DanicaFan
08-13-2010, 03:13 AM
Hello everyone.

I was turned on to this site by a friend of mine awhile ago. I really like what I have seen. I like the no nonsense, openness, and non-politically correct talks and discussions when it comes to bodybuilding.

I just turned 40 this year. Im new here but not to bodybuilding. I have been lifting off and on seriously since I was about 22. Unfortunately, many lay-offs in those years due to work or injuries. Im a natural bodybuilder as well. I'm a police officer. I served in the Air Force from 1990-1994. And by my username, Indycar racing is my first love.:)

I have competed twice in bodybuilding shows. I placed 2nd in my first show in 1993, and won my weight class in 2007. Both were NPC shows. I plan on competing next year but at the moment I am currently on downtime due to another injury. It sucks getting old...lol

I have medial epicondylitis (golfers elbow) in my left elbow. Next Tuesday will be 2 weeks away from the gym. This condition is inflammation of the tendon in your forearm where it attaches on the inside of the elbow. My doctor had me take Prednisone for a week and Im currently taking Naproxin 500mg tablets twice a day. If this doesnt fix it, she will give me a cortizone shot in this area.

My favorite supplement by far is Scivation's Xtend (BCAA's). I wont train without this product. I currently use Scivation Quake 10.0 which is a phenomenal pre-workout supplement.

It was kind of a lengthy post but I wanted to get all that out of the way.

Im looking forward to getting to know all of you better, learn from you, share training and diet info with you as well.

The Big Sexy
08-13-2010, 03:18 AM
Hello everyone.

I was turned on to this site by a friend of mine awhile ago. I really like what I have seen. I like the no nonsense, openness, and non-politically correct talks and discussions when it comes to bodybuilding.

I just turned 40 this year. Im new here but not to bodybuilding. I have been lifting off and on seriously since I was about 22. Unfortunately, many lay-offs in those years due to work or injuries. Im a natural bodybuilder as well. I'm a police officer. I served in the Air Force from 1990-1994. And by my username, Indycar racing is my first love.:)

I have competed twice in bodybuilding shows. I placed 2nd in my first show in 1993, and won my weight class in 2007. Both were NPC shows. I plan on competing next year but at the moment I am currently on downtime due to another injury. It sucks getting old...lol

I have medial epicondylitis (golfers elbow) in my left elbow. Next Tuesday will be 2 weeks away from the gym. This condition is inflammation of the tendon in your forearm where it attaches on the inside of the elbow. My doctor had me take Prednisone for a week and Im currently taking Naproxin 500mg tablets twice a day. If this doesnt fix it, she will give me a cortizone shot in this area.

My favorite supplement by far is Scivation's Xtend (BCAA's). I wont train without this product. I currently use Scivation Quake 10.0 which is a phenomenal pre-workout supplement.

It was kind of a lengthy post but I wanted to get all that out of the way.

Im looking forward to getting to know all of you better, learn from you, share training and diet info with you as well.

Well, as long as you are on this site - you might want to check out ALR's Chain'd Out... voted best tasting and most effective BCAA by the Higher League of BCAA Judging and Compensation Committee of the greater 48 states. ;)

The Big Sexy
08-13-2010, 03:19 AM
ok - I'm kidding about the voting thing - but it sounded cool. It does indeed taste better and many people have been won over by how effective it is. I am a former Xtend user and now and athlete for ALR!

DanicaFan
08-13-2010, 03:24 AM
ok - I'm kidding about the voting thing - but it sounded cool. It does indeed taste better and many people have been won over by how effective it is. I am a former Xtend user and now and athlete for ALR!

Thanks for the tip. Im hooked on Xtend now. I love the blue raspberry. It tastes good and mixes great for a BCAA product.

joedemarco
08-13-2010, 06:39 AM
Welcome to the board!

DanicaFan
08-13-2010, 07:08 AM
Welcome to the board!

Thanks joedemarco.

The Thinker
08-13-2010, 07:13 AM
Glad to have you aboard. Check out the Masters section as it's the best.

Sledge
08-13-2010, 07:23 AM
Welcome to Rx

SwoleChamp
08-13-2010, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the tip. Im hooked on Xtend now. I love the blue raspberry. It tastes good and mixes great for a BCAA product.

Welcome! and try the new Lemon-Lime flavor! Best tasting and mixing of all the Xtend flavors, should be arriving in stores in next week or so!

And Chain'd Out is great too, especailly the appletini!

DanicaFan
08-13-2010, 07:29 AM
Thanks Driveon and sledge.

DanicaFan
08-13-2010, 07:29 AM
Welcome! and try the new Lemon-Lime flavor! Best tasting and mixing of all the Xtend flavors, should be arriving in stores in next week or so!

And Chain'd Out is great too, especailly the appletini!

Ok, I will definitely try it. My 2 favorite Xtend flavors now are blue raspberry and watermelon.

axioma
08-16-2010, 11:52 PM
Welcome to the forum.

DanicaFan
08-16-2010, 11:56 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Thanks. It's good to be here. My timing was bad though. As soon as I find this site, my left forearm tendon goes bad on me.:mad:

Wh1teruss1an
08-17-2010, 12:38 AM
Welcome to the RX Forums, DanicaFan! Were you a cop in the AF too? I was an SP from 1998 - 2002. It's good to have another Air Force guy here.

Chris Pearce
08-17-2010, 01:53 AM
First of, thank you for serving in the military.

Welcome to the site. You've come to the right place. It's a great place to learn... there are some top IFBB Pros, top diet gurus, and some all around good people on these forums.

So you like Danica? I live not too far from her.

DanicaFan
08-17-2010, 03:53 AM
Welcome to the RX Forums, DanicaFan! Were you a cop in the AF too? I was an SP from 1998 - 2002. It's good to have another Air Force guy here.

I worked in Intel in the Air Force from 1990-1994. I became a cop in my hometown in 1995.

DanicaFan
08-17-2010, 03:55 AM
First of, thank you for serving in the military.

Welcome to the site. You've come to the right place. It's a great place to learn... there are some top IFBB Pros, top diet gurus, and some all around good people on these forums.

So you like Danica? I live not too far from her.

Thanks. It's good to be here. And thanks for the kind words about the military. I know I will enjoy my time here. Looks like a lot of information on here.

Yes, I like Danica.:) She lives in Arizona, are you in Arizona ?

Baldiewonkanobi
08-17-2010, 05:35 AM

Welcome both of you to the Masters section. This is the most unique brotherhood/sisterhood on RX. If fact the most informative and friendly Forum to ask questions, answer questions and also share a laugh or an insite or two. And we have have our share of kick ass local, regional and National competitors to share their experiences along the path to the stage.

Baldie

Hammerfit
08-17-2010, 07:01 AM
Welcome to the site.....hope you arm heals up fast

DanicaFan
08-17-2010, 07:24 AM
Thanks Hammer and Baldie. Yeah, I want it to heal up quick. Whenever I am away from the gym, I can feel myself shrinking..:mad: