PDA

View Full Version : Rockin' the Fossils

axioma
08-13-2010, 08:06 PM
I know there is a forum for entertainment, etc., however I thought it would be cool if the Masters would post what interests them: movies, workout music playlist (post them in itunes?), magazines, books, articles, etc. You guys are my peers and I am interested in what you guys like.

Movies: Just saw The Expendibles. Rocked. Just what I was looking for, good old bad vs good shootem' up. Fun ride. Jet Li vs. Dolf Lundgren was great... Super high body count...lots of dismemberment...awesome.

Love to see some playlist posted: my current one is getting old.

If this doesn't take off, no biggie...but I'm always looking for a great read or film.

supbro!
08-13-2010, 09:24 PM
I 'm going on 40 so I'm really not a "master" but regarding classic movies I can never get enough of The Pope of Greenwich Village. It just seems that i can relate to just about every character in that movie growing up in North Jersey, especially in the 80's.

GirlyMuscle
08-13-2010, 09:35 PM
I can't wait to see The Expendables. That's my favorite kind of movie. I love action. Blow shit up, shoot shit up, make it as unrealistic yet believable as possible. I can't get enough. I gotta wait til Sunday to see it.

GirlyMuscle
08-13-2010, 09:37 PM
And I must add as a woman of 45 years old.......all that sexy masters man meat in ONE movie! Ahhhhhhh!!!!

gman
08-13-2010, 10:00 PM
And I must add as a woman of 45 years old.......all that sexy masters man meat in ONE movie! Ahhhhhhh!!!!

I take it you aren't a Twilight fan then?

GirlyMuscle
08-13-2010, 10:13 PM
I cannot stand vampire and/or teenage stories. *shudders*

blu2xtreme
08-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Mike forgot to mention that he is watching Twilight for the second time tonight ...he is a great dad / step dad to be :)

gman
08-13-2010, 10:46 PM
Mike forgot to mention that he is watching Twilight for the second time tonight ...he is a great dad / step dad to be :)

you made me watch it the first time, this time my daughter watched it while I ignored it!

blu2xtreme
08-13-2010, 10:55 PM

I am really looking forward to seeing this Movie it had a bunch of my fave guys :drool::drool:

gman
08-13-2010, 11:24 PM
I have been listening to Rammstein and Megaherz, a couple of heavy metal/industrial German bands while I train. Gets me good and hyped!

I don't read much anymore, but I enjoy Robert B. Parker's Spenser novels, and John D Macdonald's Travis McGee novels

Mac
08-14-2010, 08:02 AM
Some of my playlist this morning during my 2 mile run :

Godsmack
Three Days Grace
Creed
Skillet
Robin Trower - how many of you remember him?
Nickelback

Now I feel like going for a ride on my motorcycle as it's a beautiful morning and the run got my endorphins flowing.

GirlyMuscle
08-14-2010, 09:32 AM
I'm so glad I had a boy. I dunno how to relate to teenage girls....not even when I was one!

Entertaining reading for cardio...Christopher Moore. I love his sense of humor. Every one of his 12 novels is about the occult in some way..fictional, of course. He writes about everything from vampires to zombies to talking fruit bats but all with a sick slightly twisted sense of humor. you know how when something happens and 2 hours later you think of a great comeback? Moore's writes those comebacks into his stories. I can't tell you how many times I've truly LOL'ed while riding the stationary bike. I'm not a reader. I read MAYBE one self help type book a year. Haven't read fiction in many years. I've read 6 Moore novels in the last two months...working on number 7 now. LOL

Part of it too is that my iPod broke. 700 trapped songs just waiting to be played and I can't turn the damned thing on. I'd really like to get a new switch instead of buying and having to reload a new one. So until I figure out what to do I don't have tunes to cardio to so I read.

Edit: If you're a reader, especially a cardio-ing reader, invest in a Kindle. Lightweight and easy. I have the font set so I don't need reading glasses. heehee

blu2xtreme
08-14-2010, 10:36 AM

Godsmack
Three Days Grace
Creed
Skillet
Robin Trower - how many of you remember him?
Nickelback

Now I feel like going for a ride on my motorcycle as it's a beautiful morning and the run got my endorphins flowing.

Great taste in music :)
pretty much my place list ...minus Robin Trower :confused:
add -
Shinedown
Cage the Elephant
Theory of a Deadman

Hammerfit
08-14-2010, 11:30 AM
ipod music:

Metallica
Disturbed
Alice in Chains
Godsmack
Led Zepplin
Pink Floyd
AC DC
Anthrax
Audoslave
Black Sabbath
Carlos Santana
David Bowie
Evanscence
Everlast
Jimi Hendrix
Machine Head
Mega Death
Pearl Jam
Rage Against the Machine
Rob Zombie
Sound Garden

mostly listening to Pandora radio now much better variety even though I have over 1k songs in ipod I even gave my ipod touch to my youngest daughter in favor of my Droid

Fav movie: Conan, Black Hawk Down

Hammerfit
08-14-2010, 11:33 AM
I know there is a forum for entertainment, etc., however I thought it would be cool if the Masters would post what interests them: movies, workout music playlist (post them in itunes?), magazines, books, articles, etc. You guys are my peers and I am interested in what you guys like.

Movies: Just saw The Expendibles. Rocked. Just what I was looking for, good old bad vs good shootem' up. Fun ride. Jet Li vs. Dolf Lundgren was great... Super high body count...lots of dismemberment...awesome.

If this doesn't take off, no biggie...but I'm always looking for a great read or film.

Can't wait to see Expendables.....I paid the ultimite price and sat thru Twilight for Lisa, my turn

joedemarco
08-14-2010, 11:59 AM
Great idea for a fun thread, Ax....I'm gonna make this a sticky right now unless anyone objects.

axioma
08-14-2010, 02:23 PM

Godsmack
Three Days Grace
Creed
Skillet
Robin Trower - how many of you remember him? Oh yea, Bridge of Sighs!
Nickelback

Great to see the contributions..I will take a look at all the posts when I get home..thanks everyone.

axioma
08-14-2010, 02:24 PM
Can't wait to see Expendables.....I paid the ultimite price and sat thru Twilight for Lisa, my turn

Amen brother! Lisa owes you BIG TIME!!!!!!

Mac
08-14-2010, 02:26 PM
ipod music:

Metallica
Disturbed
Alice in Chains
Godsmack
Led Zepplin
Pink Floyd
AC DC
Anthrax
Audoslave
Black Sabbath
Carlos Santana
David Bowie
Evanscence
Everlast
Jimi Hendrix
Machine Head
Mega Death
Pearl Jam
Rage Against the Machine
Rob Zombie
Sound Garden

Great music Mike. I would have never pictured you as a Rob Zombie kind of guy.

Mac
08-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Great to see the contributions..I will take a look at all the posts when I get home..thanks everyone.

Bridge of Sighs, that's the one!!!!!

Curt James
08-14-2010, 10:22 PM

Movies: Just about anything and everything in the theaters at any time. Saw "The Expendables" twice yesterday. Would definitely see it again. Comedy, action, even so-called chick flicks. Favorite movie of all time "An Officer and a Gentleman". Worst movie was "Blair Witch Project".

No playlist. I just recently purchased a cheap mp3 player but haven't taken the time to download or upload or whatever it is I'm supposed to do with that contraption.

Magazines would include browsing at Barnes & Noble mostly. I check out the muscle mags, anything with motorcycles, Time, Newsweek, movie magazines, and the gossip stuff, too. :rolleyes:

Books would include anything by Lee Child whose character "Jack Reacher" should be appealing to anyone who enjoys action and adventure. James Rollins is another author who knows how to tell a tale that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Longtime Stephen King fan (although he actually likes "Blair Witch Project" as a film :eek:) and have also read a ton of Janet Evanovich's stories of her female bounty hunter, Stephanie Plum.

Baldiewonkanobi
08-15-2010, 10:43 AM
OK kids here is what the real fossil likes:

MOVIES Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Kellys Heros, Mel Brooks Frankenstein, Fort Apache, Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Silver Streak and Up in Smoke. Randee and I did enjoy the new Sherlock Holmes.

BOOKS Always the last one I read....Profiles In Courage

MUSIC 70s RR, some 80s RR, Floyd, Eagles, Neil Young and
Seager fan. My favorite concerts attended were Richeous Brothers, Foriegner, YES, Journey, Elton John, Eagles, Moody Blues, Leon Russel, Hank Williams Jr., Michael Buble because I got 2nd row center stage seats for Randee and she was in heaven, Alabama for the same reason, and Andrea Boticelli.

TV Watched Dexter, Nurse Jackie, Tudors and Sopranos series
with Randee. Some USC football. Doubt if I will watch TV
again. Generally bores the crap outta me.

MAGS None

Baldie

axioma
08-16-2010, 07:33 AM
Great lists! Awesome, gonna download some goodies this a.m. Got legs today, so need a new list!

Mag: Mens Journal...especially the perfect things edition which is on stands now.

axioma
08-16-2010, 07:54 AM
ipod music:

Metallica
Disturbed
Alice in Chains
Godsmack
Led Zepplin
Pink Floyd
AC DC
Anthrax
Audoslave
Black Sabbath
Carlos Santana
David Bowie
Evanscence
Everlast
Jimi Hendrix
Machine Head
Mega Death
Pearl Jam
Rage Against the Machine
Rob Zombie
Sound Garden

mostly listening to Pandora radio now much better variety even though I have over 1k songs in ipod I even gave my ipod touch to my youngest daughter in favor of my Droid

Fav movie: Conan, Black Hawk Down

think you could list some of fav songs from the list? I don't know why but when I am doing cardio, Pearl Jams' Release Live stirs up something...powerful

axioma
08-16-2010, 08:45 AM
Movies...have to go by genre here:
Westerns: Magnificent Seven, Outlaw Josie Wales, Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid, Jeremiah Johnson, Big Jake...this could be multi-tiered...
Combat: Black Hawk Down, The Kingdom, Hurt Locker, Platoon (dad and I cried together when we left the theater)
Man Against...Man on Fire, Taken, First Blood, Die Hard, Salt, I Am Legend, Gladiator
Comic book: Christian Bale Batman I and II, Ironman

Mac
08-16-2010, 08:52 AM
I like good SciFi movies, and anything with Clint Eastwood. I don't watch a lot of movies or TV.

I love riding my motorcycle but am very cautious on this since losing a friend last year in an accident.

I am a ham radio operator [amateur radio] and talk to people all over the world. Just spoke with a chap in New Zealand. Not too many to talk with there, so it's kind of rare.

Hammerfit
08-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Amen brother! Lisa owes you BIG TIME!!!!!!

We went to see Expendable last night Best Stalone flick yet Lisa loved it too!

Hammerfit
08-16-2010, 06:58 PM
think you could list some of fav songs from the list? I don't know why but when I am doing cardio, Pearl Jams' Release Live stirs up something...powerful

Metallica - sandman comes to mind but I like all their stuff
Disturbed - Down with the Sickness, posed to this once
Alice in Chains - Bleed the freak
Godsmack - Speak, Shinedown, Bad Religion
Led Zepplin - Whole Lot of Love, Dazed and Confused, Black Dog, hell everything they ever did, baddest band ever lived!
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon, Comfortably Numb, Shine on You Crazy Diamond (posed to this one)
AC DC - Hells Bells, Thunderstruck, Back in Black
Anthrax - I am the Law
Audoslave - Conchise, Like a Stone, I am the Highway
Black Sabbath - Iron Man, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Crazy Train
Carlos Santana - Black Magic Woman
David Bowie Putting out Fire with Gasoline (bad ass song I can relate to!)
Evanscence - Everbody's Fool
Everlast - Ends, Die in You Arms
Jimi Hendrix - Along the Watch Tower
Machine Head - Message in the Bottle, Ten Ton Hammer
Mega Death - Shadow of Death (posed to this powerful) Symphony of Destruction, Go to Hell, NAYC
Pearl Jam - Alive, Even Flow, Jeremy's Coming
Rage Against the Machine - Pocket Full of Shells, People of the Sun
Rob Zombie - American Witch, Devil Man
Sound Garden -Black Hole Sun

Tried to copy my entire playlist...around 3-4k but it wouldnt paste here

Hammerfit
08-16-2010, 07:01 PM
Great music Mike. I would have never pictured you as a Rob Zombie kind of guy.

I get in weird moods sometimes

Hammerfit
08-16-2010, 07:03 PM
OK kids here is what the real fossil likes:

MOVIES Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Kellys Heros, Mel Brooks Frankenstein, Fort Apache, Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Silver Streak and Up in Smoke. Randee and I did enjoy the new Sherlock Holmes.

BOOKS Always the last one I read....Profiles In Courage

MUSIC 70s RR, some 80s RR, Floyd, Eagles, Neil Young and
Seager fan. My favorite concerts attended were Richeous Brothers, Foriegner, YES, Journey, Elton John, Eagles, Moody Blues, Leon Russel, Hank Williams Jr., Michael Buble because I got 2nd row center stage seats for Randee and she was in heaven, Alabama for the same reason, and Andrea Boticelli.

TV Watched Dexter, Nurse Jackie, Tudors and Sopranos series
with Randee. Some USC football. Doubt if I will watch TV
again. Generally bores the crap outta me.

MAGS None

Baldie

Dexter, our fav TV character!

rcp1936
08-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Benny Goodman
Tommy Dorsey
Glenn Miller
Artie Shaw
Harry James
Glenn Gray
Jan Savitt
Les Brown
Charlie Barnett
Bob Wills
Asleep at the Wheel
Jimmie Rodgers
Merle Haggard
Hank Williams
Waylon Jennings
Buck Owens
Ernest Tubb
Stoney Edwards
George Jones
Don Gibson
Marty Robbins
Bobby Bare
Gene Watson
Moe Bandy
George Strait
Allan Jackson
Hank Thompson
Tom T Hall
Willie Nelson
Don Williams
Jerry Lee Lewis
Fats Domino
Chuck Berry

Mac
08-16-2010, 08:57 PM

I will try and remember that. I have two Rob Zombie songs in my playlist but I cannot remember the names of the songs.

Hammerfit
08-16-2010, 09:40 PM
I will try and remember that. I have two Rob Zombie songs in my playlist but I cannot remember the names of the songs.

prob devil man or american witch (most popular)You ever listen to white zombie? thats where he started I think

Baldiewonkanobi
08-16-2010, 10:00 PM
RCP....Bob Wills....you're kidding. And the freakin Texas Playboys.

Now if your listing Jerry Lee Lewis you must also include his 3 cousins:

Mickey Gilley
Jimmy Lee Swaggart
Leon Russell (my fave)

Baldie

axioma
08-16-2010, 11:32 PM
:yep: Don't we all!!!!

Great playlist! thanks.

axioma
08-16-2010, 11:33 PM
Benny Goodman
Tommy Dorsey
Glenn Miller
Artie Shaw
Harry James
Glenn Gray
Jan Savitt
Les Brown
Charlie Barnett
Bob Wills
Asleep at the Wheel
Jimmie Rodgers
Merle Haggard
Hank Williams
Waylon Jennings
Buck Owens
Ernest Tubb
Stoney Edwards
George Jones
Don Gibson
Marty Robbins
Bobby Bare
Gene Watson
Moe Bandy
George Strait
Allan Jackson
Hank Thompson
Tom T Hall
Willie Nelson
Don Williams
Jerry Lee Lewis
Fats Domino
Chuck Berry

Chet Atkins? Brother Oswald?

axioma
08-16-2010, 11:35 PM
prob devil man or american witch (most popular)You ever listen to white zombie? thats where he started I think

More Human Than Human will take you to another place on leg day..

Mac
08-17-2010, 03:57 AM

Yes, both of those songs. My girl introduced me to White Zombie. The song I have of theirs is more human than human.

Didn't see Ax's post above. Great song, loved it the first time I heard it.

Baldiewonkanobi
08-17-2010, 05:47 AM
I once made a 'Rock goes Country' CD....wish I could recreate it. It started with the Stones 'Girl with the Faraway Eyes' and included Marshall Tucker Band, early Eagles, early Elton John, Beatles, Dr. Hook, Bob Seager and Little River Band.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
08-17-2010, 05:50 AM
And who went to Pitt and remembers what song this old fuck posed to???

(Good God wasn't most of the other geezer music just pure 1950s crap or what?)

Baldie

Hammerfit
08-17-2010, 06:57 AM
Yes, both of those songs. My girl introduced me to White Zombie. The song I have of theirs is more human than human.

Didn't see Ax's post above. Great song, loved it the first time I heard it.

Leg Day coming up Goin to squat w Rob on my back!

axioma
08-17-2010, 09:05 AM
OK, Erin jumped in here earlier...Blue, Freebird...whatcha like?

How about all of you other ladies that lurk? Tell the guys what gets ya going!

All you guys who lurk, contribute something here...

Mac
08-17-2010, 09:09 AM
And who went to Pitt and remembers what song this old fuck posed to???

(Good God wasn't most of the other geezer music just pure 1950s crap or what?)

Baldie

Wasn't it AC DC bad to the bone?

Gaoshang Xiongshou
08-17-2010, 09:20 AM

My playlist for training has 196 songs. I do not think you want me to list all of that.

But my absolute favorites on it:

Bastards of Christ - Deicide
End of the Line; Grinfucked; Revelation Machine; Knee Deep - Devil Driver
Massacre - The Berzerker
I Need Your Clothes, Your Boots, And Your Motorcycle - Austrian Death Machine
Left Behind - Slipknot
Hate This (X-Fusion Remix) - Grendel
On The Move; Dig; Fucking Determined; Pushing Through; Under My Skin - Mudvayne
Beating on Death's Door - Lamb of God
Minion - Bleed the Sky
Ima Bang - DMX

Baldiewonkanobi
08-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Wasn't it AC DC bad to the bone?

Close enough....AC DC Who Made Who.

Baldie

Mac
08-17-2010, 11:51 AM
Close enough....AC DC Who Made Who.

Baldie

Sucks to get old and forget these kind of things. At least I scored 50%

rcp1936
08-17-2010, 02:10 PM
RCP....Bob Wills....you're kidding. And the freakin Texas Playboys.

Now if your listing Jerry Lee Lewis you must also include his 3 cousins:

Mickey Gilley
Jimmy Lee Swaggart
Leon Russell (my fave)

Baldie
Yep and the Texas Playboys --good as any big band there ever was
Jimmy Lee might have been the best of the 4

rcp1936
08-17-2010, 02:11 PM
Chet Atkins? Brother Oswald?
I forgot Roy Acuff --Wife really liked Chet

axioma
08-17-2010, 02:43 PM
My playlist for training has 196 songs. I do not think you want me to list all of that.

But my absolute favorites on it:

Bastards of Christ - Deicide
End of the Line; Grinfucked; Revelation Machine; Knee Deep - Devil Driver
Massacre - The Berzerker
I Need Your Clothes, Your Boots, And Your Motorcycle - Austrian Death Machine
Left Behind - Slipknot
Hate This (X-Fusion Remix) - Grendel
On The Move; Dig; Fucking Determined; Pushing Through; Under My Skin - Mudvayne
Beating on Death's Door - Lamb of God
Minion - Bleed the Sky
Ima Bang - DMX

Big freakin list, however, can't you (we) post a playlist on i-tunes that we could download for pay of course. Have it as an RX muscle group?

axioma
08-18-2010, 10:46 AM
http://forums.rxmuscle.com/images/okay/misc/navbits_finallink_ltr.gif Before you hit hte gym today - watch this

This is some seriously good motivational chit!

Gotta a crazy song for ya...listen when I do cardio..This Mortal Coil-song of the Siren.

Baldiewonkanobi
08-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Matt that 'motivated' me to search deep into the back of the couch for 30 year old doobie remnants. Sorta a Pink/Il Divo/Floyd mixture.

Baldie

axioma
08-19-2010, 02:16 PM
what did everyone think of the beauty of bodybuilding vid by zhansni? I talked to my business partner and we want the guy to do a vid for ultrafit360.com. Very creative.

and yes, it doobiegood...don't it. Very trippy, just what I like half way through cardio or cooling down. Her voice is amazing.

Mac
08-19-2010, 04:19 PM
what did everyone think of the beauty of bodybuilding vid by zhansni? I talked to my business partner and we want the guy to do a vid for ultrafit360.com. Very creative.

and yes, it doobiegood...don't it. Very trippy, just what I like half way through cardio or cooling down. Her voice is amazing.

I liked it. Great stuff, artistic and motivating.

HeavyDutyGuy
08-19-2010, 08:14 PM
Saw the Expendables on Sat- gota agreeee, it delivered what I wanted.
Music- lately- Disturbed, Neil Young, Theme from Rocky.
TV- watching Dvds of 24- up to disc two of Season four. Jack Bauer rocks, "I need a hacksaw".
Also watched Pumping Iron on my dvd, Blood and Guts and Mentzer's posthumous video. All widely different - all good for inspiration and ideas.
Books- too depleted to read one. Cant even make it through magazine articles right now in my deprived state. And three months ago was actually writing a book, go figure.

axioma
08-25-2010, 09:30 AM
taking Hammers list and shopping on Itunes today!

cook
08-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Yep and the Texas Playboys --good as any big band there ever was
Jimmy Lee might have been the best of the 4
Saw the Texas Playboys at Panther Hall in Ft Worth in 1977.Bob Had already died but the band kept touring.

rcp1936
08-25-2010, 12:14 PM
Saw the Texas Playboys at Panther Hall in Ft Worth in 1977.Bob Had already died but the band kept touring.
Merle Haggard and Asleep at The Wheel did great tribute albums

cook
08-25-2010, 12:43 PM
Merle Haggard and Asleep at The Wheel did great tribute albums
The night I saw the Texas Playboys Asleep at the Wheel opened for them.

rcp1936
08-25-2010, 08:28 PM
The night I saw the Texas Playboys Asleep at the Wheel opened for them.
Ray Benson is from the township in PA that I live
He went to the local HS
Back in 92 I played golf with his father and mother

cook
08-26-2010, 04:54 PM
Ray Benson is from the township in PA that I live
He went to the local HS
Back in 92 I played golf with his father and mother
Cool,he`s been with that band a long time.They have been playing around here several times a year since the late 70`s

freebirdmac
09-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Been procrastinating at posting in this thread :p

Music: Rock and Roll. Hate country and rap. I don't listen to music when I lift, only during cardio.

Books: Love to read. Spy novels are my favorite.

Movies: Sci-fi, action adventure, mostly rent. Rarely go to the theatre.

Hobbies: Was photography but haven't had much time lately. I would have loved to have been a sports photographer.

Sports: I can get sucked into anything! I follow the Yankees and the Vikings when Favre isn't on the team :mad: Rooted for New Orleans last season. Will again this year it would seem.

Rick Prince
09-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Music: Primarily Rock and Roll.

In My IPOD: Alice In Chains, Alter Bridge, Disturbed, Godsmack, Guns N' Roses, Metallica, Motorhead, Pearl Jam, Phil Collins, Saliva, Savage Garden, Sixx AM, Skillet, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tool, Van Halen

Books: Extreme Muscle Enhancement, The Pre-Contest Bible, Underground Body Opus, Nutrient Timing.

Movies: Rudy, Forrest Gump, Bourne Movies, The Sum of All Fears.

Hobbies: None outside of bodybuilding since I began competing in 2009. I work 10-12 hours a day. In past years, my hobby was golf.

Sports: I love college athletics: football, baseball, softball, women's basketball, and men's basketball. I am a Middle Tennessee and Alabama fan. My least favorite school it Tennessee. I don't have strong ties to any of the pro teams. I tend to pull for teams with players I like (Brian Urlacher, Drew Brees, Brett Favre) or teams that play a certain style of play (Ravens smash mouth "D").

Other: I plan to retire from my current job in a few years. I want to manage a gym and work with just a few clients who are serious and interested in competing. I have Dave's S.M.A.R.T. Cert and currently studying for the Parrillo Certification.

axioma
09-10-2010, 12:32 PM
Been procrastinating at posting in this thread :p

Music: Rock and Roll. Hate country and rap. I don't listen to music when I lift, only during cardio.

Books: Love to read. Spy novels are my favorite.

Movies: Sci-fi, action adventure, mostly rent. Rarely go to the theatre.

Hobbies: Was photography but haven't had much time lately. I would have loved to have been a sports photographer.

Sports: I can get sucked into anything! I follow the Yankees and the Vikings when Favre isn't on the team :mad: Rooted for New Orleans last season. Will again this year it would seem.

Thanks dear, now some specifics! particular movie...book....album....?

axioma
09-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Music: Primarily Rock and Roll.

In My IPOD: Alice In Chains, Alter Bridge, Disturbed, Godsmack, Guns N' Roses, Metallica, Motorhead, Pearl Jam, Phil Collins, Saliva, Savage Garden, Sixx AM, Skillet, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tool, Van Halen

Books: Extreme Muscle Enhancement, The Pre-Contest Bible, Underground Body Opus, Nutrient Timing.

Movies: Rudy, Forrest Gump, Bourne Movies, The Sum of All Fears.

Hobbies: None outside of bodybuilding since I began competing in 2009. I work 10-12 hours a day. In past years, my hobby was golf.

Sports: I love college athletics: football, baseball, softball, women's basketball, and men's basketball. I am a Middle Tennessee and Alabama fan. My least favorite school it Tennessee. I don't have strong ties to any of the pro teams. I tend to pull for teams with players I like (Brian Urlacher, Drew Brees, Brett Favre) or teams that play a certain style of play (Ravens smash mouth "D").

Other: I plan to retire from my current job in a few years. I want to manage a gym and work with just a few clients who are serious and interested in competing. I have Dave's S.M.A.R.T. Cert and currently studying for the Parrillo Certification.

Awesome! You gave me some stuff to look for on Itunes and Amazon! I have always wanted the 3 more reps series, but they are like gold. Last I saw one they wanted $110 bucks!
Good luck on certifications!

axioma
09-16-2010, 02:21 PM
Listening to: Buena Vista Social Club and Afro-Cuban Allstars
Movie: Killers was a great date movie...fun.

axioma
09-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Saw The American w/ George Clooney this weekend. Verdict: ****
It was the anti-thesis of the Bourne Identity (which I loved), in that it went for noir and smart, instead of the MTV/Bruckheimer super loud, super fast cut and switch.
I like that the director figures the viewer is smart enough to recognize tension by following the story and does not need a musical cue to say..."get ready, something is about to explode".
Clooney plays a black ops assasin at the end of his career and the Italian countryside is the backdrop for the story.
The movie is driven more by the redemption/salvation undertone than by a string of explosions and high bodycount.
You got: Clooney, lots of hot italian chicks in various stages of undress, really cool cinematography and a smart story...warning: the ending is the anti-thesis of most American action films too...nuff said.

axioma
10-05-2010, 12:02 PM
Ok, guess no one thinks I should go to film school at UCLA on my trust fund in my next life? Fine.....crickets.....chirping....Bueller....Buell er?

Just made a Chris Cornell mix: soundgarden, audioslave and solo. Great stuff.

Hammerfit
10-07-2010, 10:13 AM
ever try this program? I found it is a great way to find new music you may be missing out on. you program in your favorite group and it searches for music like that. I heard a new band called Hurt, put that in and now I have all kind of new groups that I have never heard of that is cool stuff

axioma
10-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Yes, love Pandora, got about 5 custom stations: from Segovia to Slipknot!

Just watched It Might Get Loud...awesome. The jam near the end when Edge looks at Jack White and grins is priceless.

axioma
10-11-2010, 08:32 AM
Watched KickAss over the weekend. Lots of FUN! Worth the rental.

koruverde
10-11-2010, 08:59 PM
ever try this program? I found it is a great way to find new music you may be missing out on. you program in your favorite group and it searches for music like that. I heard a new band called Hurt, put that in and now I have all kind of new groups that I have never heard of that is cool stuff
Pandora is great..but SLACKER Radio is even better in many ways!! Check it out...

axioma
10-18-2010, 08:42 AM
For those of you who like the old school jam, herbie hancock style: 2001 by eumir deodato (?)
Watched the old comedy, Being There and it was the main jam...really cool.

Baldiewonkanobi
10-18-2010, 09:06 AM
As a Leon Russel fan I must say I am deeply disappointed in the Elton John collaboration THE UNION. Too smaltzy. Good grief what were they thinking?

Two new books read: Tom Brokaw THE GREATEST GENERATION and LANDMARK by the Washington Post (everything you NEED to know about the Health Care Bill....the good and the bad.

Gonna see RED in the theater this week.

Baldie

axioma
10-18-2010, 10:23 AM
As a Leon Russel fan I must say I am deeply disappointed in the Elton John collaboration THE UNION. Too smaltzy. Good grief what were they thinking?

Two new books read: Tom Brokaw THE GREATEST GENERATION and LANDMARK by the Washington Post (everything you NEED to know about the Health Care Bill....the good and the bad.

Gonna see RED in the theater this week.

Baldie

thanks for input on Union, would have probably downloaded it.

Greatest Generation was gift for my dad before he died. I got all of his books and read it, makes you cry when you realize how we have squandered the legacy of that generation. They unwittingly gave subsequent generation too much, made it too easy and we have squandered that treasure of courage and sacrifice.

Baldiewonkanobi
10-18-2010, 01:25 PM
For those of you who like the old school jam, herbie hancock style: 2001 by eumir deodato (?)
Watched the old comedy, Being There and it was the main jam...really cool.

Now you are workin me.

MJQ and 'Django'
Lonnie Liston Smith and 'Watercolors'

Been the only white dude in the audience on several occasions.

Baldie groovin

Baldiewonkanobi
10-18-2010, 01:32 PM
....how did I leave off anything by Joe Sample??

Baldie

axioma
10-18-2010, 01:48 PM
how could you indeed.

Bobr
10-18-2010, 02:53 PM
My passion is heads up drag racing. I'm a partner in an Outlaw 10.5 effort.
Here's our site. The car now has twin turbos instead of the procharger and has gone 225 MPH in the quarter in 6.64 seconds.

http://www.wix.com/dougsikora/sikoraracing

sassy69
11-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Just saw this. It reminds me how small my current life is, pretty much between work & the gym, there's not much else. Stuff I make time for:

Music:
- all metal. My ipod has old KISS (member KISS ARMY - class of 1977), Accept, all Metallica, some Metal Church, Rob Zombie, some Kid Rock, Scorps, Judas Priest, etc.
- trance - love me some trance for dancing! I've got some random stuff on my ipod but I tend to skip thru it unless its my favorite stuff

Movies:
- this past Halloween reminded me of my love of "ghost hunter" type reality shows and Zombie / walking dead movies. I also like all the old Boris Karloff / Bela Lagosi stuff.

TV:
- SouthPark JUNKIE
- Dancing w/ the Stars
- Project Runway
- America's Next Top Model
- anything that doesn't bore me on HBO

Books:
- everything Clive Cussler, most things Michael Crichton, all sorts of homicide / detective / spy novels
- interesting recent book I bought: "1491" --- a look at what research tells us things were REALLY like before Columbus landed. I.e. stuff we've learned since the 70s that blows apart so many of the things we were taught or assumed in grade school history

Other stuff:
- I LOVE HALLOWEEN! I tend to make my own costumes, but most of them involved hooker boots or some sort of racy item. I'm a quiet, conservative girl from the midwest for the most part, but I love getting to dress up and go be someone else for a day (Or two).
- I like to "make" stuff - for ex - I got fed up w/ the cost of shipping for all the ultra cheapo photoshoot clothes I was picking up off eBay, so I took the same money and went to the fabric store & bought a bunch of crazy fabric. I have a notebook full of ideas, but I tend to get inspired like 4 days before an event and stay up all night for the next 4 days rigging up something. One of my favs is this hooded deal (altho the hood ended up a little larger than I expected) I used for a shoot at the Olympia w/ my new fav photographer, Ibby:
http://i54.tinypic.com/xc4nqh.jpg

Too much time online:
- RXmuscle
- email
- FB
- etc

Socially:
- mostly BB events
- holiday parties
- not much else

axioma
11-04-2010, 08:15 AM
Thanks for posting Sassy!
I read 1491, great book. I taught history, among other subjects, in a Montessori school for several years. I loved to get the kids really thinking, not just regurgitating.

Just read, Angelology by Danielle Trussoni. Historical fiction about angels. Fun, light read.

Mom is a Dancing with the Stars junkie...normally a really sweet lady, unless you call during show...

Really getting into Spartacus: Blood and Sand and new season of Sons of Anarchy. Testosterone overload...

KyMuscle
11-29-2010, 03:16 PM
ON MY IPOD: Classic Rock (Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, Foreigner, Deep Purple, GnR, Zeppelin, Pearl Jam, UFO, AC/DC, Nugent, Petty, Yes, Creed, etc.

Punk/Alternative (X, Sonic Youth, The Cure, L7, Ministry, etc.

And...um...gotta fess up to having the Go-Gos on there too. What can I say; I like it when chicks sing to me. :dunno:

MOVIES Anything by James Cameron (particularly T2 and Aliens) and Michael Mann (particularly Manhunter, Heat, Collateral, and Last of the Mohicans)

Both of Chris Nolan's Batman movies -- "The Dark Knight" was genius.

TV Don't watch much, but currently into The Walking Dead, Law & Order: SVU, Criminal Minds, and CSI Miami. Really miss "24."

READ Daily paper, New York Times online. Will visit Borders and/or Barnes & Noble 2-3 times a month and browse for a couple hours.

The floor beside my bed is littered with the latest copies of Esquire, Men's Health, Ironman, Muscular Development, Natural Bodybuilding & Fitness, Bicycling, Men's Journal, and Psychology Today.

On my nightstand are the following books: "Freedom", by Jonathan Franzen; "What The Dog Saw," a collection of essays by Malcolm Gladwell; "The Loved Dog," by Tamar Geller; and "Championship Bodybuilding" by Chris Aceto.

Hobbies (besides the obvious!) Bicycling, Reading,, Writing, Guitar.

When talking about things I love, I can't forget my awesome girlfriend, my 2 boys (ages 17 and 21) and my bestest buddy Mango, a 3-year-old Shiba Inu:

axioma
11-30-2010, 07:48 AM
great post! thanks for jumping in with both feet.

Baldiewonkanobi
11-30-2010, 07:56 AM
Cool stuff. Miss my (our) dogs.

Baldie

mrky03
12-01-2010, 10:11 AM
music: classic rock mostly, although I'm open to new stuff.

ipod: Metallica, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Tom Petty, Fleetwood Mac, Foo Fighter's, Nickel Back

movies: Anything produced by Quintin Tarentino, Guy Richie, Joel and Ethan Coen. Love the quirky stuff! Pulp Fiction, Lock stock and two smoking barrels, Oh Brother where art thou.

books: Stephen King, Dean Koontz my favs I do love to read especially in the summer out by the pool or on the beach even better!

TV: Suprano's my all time fav. Currently Sons of Anarchy, Dexter, The Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire. Loved Deadwood, also watch Breaking Bad, Weeds, Fringe.

axioma
12-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Try Spartacus: blood and sand. Also big SOA fan.

Baldiewonkanobi
12-01-2010, 06:44 PM
I had to revisit CCR and listen to Brown Eyed Girl now that I have my very first one in my life.

YouTube - Brown Eyed Girl

Baldie

mkris7
03-23-2011, 01:56 AM
PLAY LIST?

Bob Marley
Rick Ross
Kanye West
Jay-Z
Lincoln Park!!!!

Basically Rock, Hip Hop and Reggae, even some gospel

axioma
03-23-2011, 12:06 PM
Thanks for posting! Great stuff, love Marley: Exodus when doing cardio...just carries ya! I have been remiss in posting here, need to change my playlist!!! Really like the facebook link with Pandora. I got the playlist from this really hot Brazilian chick (friends' friends' friend...) awesome, never heard of this stuff.

axioma
04-04-2011, 02:12 PM
Currently Reading:

Where Men Win Glory
by John Krakauer

axioma
04-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Listening to:

Using Pandora on my Droid X in the gym. I have three stations now that have really refined my taste...love it! No need for downloads.

Experimenting with bluetooth headphones and earbuds. Today used the Jabra bluetooth headset. Worked great, however I think I like in ear as opposed to over the ear..they got a bit hot!

axioma
04-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Watched two documentaries that I really believe that anyone who gives a damn about anything should watch. They are not left, not right, just the facts.

FOOD, INC.:
You must watch this. Not to get creeped out by HOW food is processed, we all know the disconnect that has occurred with industrialization, that is why we (Xiomara and I) grow chickens and hunt and have two gardens a year. This is to see how the government is not acting in our best interest and what we eat has been put in the hands of a few ruthless corporations. The best thing in the doc is Troy Roush, an organic farmer...this guy is great. Warning: If you don't do it already, you will be frequenting your local farmers market and obsessing over labels. PS: Anyone who likes to bash Arnold, he vetoed bills proposed by the Food Industry to not specify that meats were the results of clones.

Inside Job:
We all know what happened with the stock market crash and the housing bubble...don't we? I thought I did, though I never really had a grasp on the derivitives markets. This really enlightened me. Warning: It will make you angry. It will make you see how we give Jihadist everything they need...

hifrommike65
05-26-2011, 06:29 AM
To follow the fossil lead, here's a joke from a parody of People magazine.

A rich man in his nineties was marrying a showgirl in her late teens. She said she marrying him but love. Some called it a "May-December romance"; others termed it a "May-Paleolithic era romance."

Curt James
12-27-2011, 01:09 PM
A fossil digging up the "Fossils" thread. :)

Saw another fossil—Tom Cruise, born June 3, 1962—in "Ghost Protocol," the new Mission Impossible flick. Fun movie!

V0LQnQSrC-g

Zl6vmRNAUsE

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/paramount/missionimpossibleghostprotocol/

hifrommike65
12-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Another "old" joke (from Hot in Cleveland):

Betty White's character (Elka Ostrovsky) says she joined an online dating service & sent in a younger picture of herself.

Jane Leeves (playing Joy Scroggs) replies: "A cave drawing?"

Curt James
12-28-2011, 03:40 PM
Betty White has these songs on her iPod.

3 Doors Down- Life Starts Now
A Perfect Circle- Judith
AC/DC- Back in Black
AC/DC – For Those About to Rock
AC/DC- Hells Bells
AC/DC-If You Want Blood.
AC/DC- Shoot to Thrill
AC/DC- Thunderstruck
AC/DC- Whole Lotta Rosy
Aerosmith- Jailbait
Aerosmith- Lightning Strikes
Aerosmith – Reefer Head Woman
Alice in Chains- Check my Brain
Alice in Chains- We Die Young
Alice in Chains- Would
Alterbridge – Come to life
Arctic Monkeys – Brainstorm
Arctic Monkeys- Teddy Picker
Audioslave – Cochise
Audioslave–Show Me How To Live
Avenged Sevenfold – Chapter Four
Bloc Party – Helicopter
Blur – Beetlebum
Blur- Track Two
Brainiac – Hot Metal Dobermans
Breaking Benjamin- Shallow Bay
Breaking Benjamin-Simple design
Bruce Springsteen- Radio Nowhere
Bruce Springsteen- No Surrender
Bruce Springsteen- Any live version of Prove It All Night
Buckcherry- Crazy Bitch
Buckcherry- Lit Up
Burden Brothers- Come On Down
Cake- Going the Distance
Chevelle – Antisaint
COC- Clean My Wounds
Collective Soul- Gel
Creed- Are You Ready
Creed – On My Sleeve
Elliott Smith – Coast to Coast
Dropkick Murphys- Johnny I Hardly Knew Ya
Dropkick Murphys- Shipping Up to Boston
Dropkick Murphys- Warriors Code
ES-Posthumus-Pompeii
Faith No More- Everything’s Ruined
Filter – Hey Man Nice Shot
Finger Eleven – Livin’ in a Dream
Five Finger Death Punch- Bad Company cover
Foo Fighters- All My Life
Foo Fighters–Bridge Burning
Foo Fighters- Everlong
Foo Fighters- Monkey Wrench
Foo Fighters- My Hero
Foo Fighters- Pretender
Fuel – Bittersweet
Gaslight Anthem- 59 Sound
Godsmack – Awake
Godsmack – I Stand Alone
Godsmack-Keep Away
Godsmack- Sick of Life
Guns ‘n Roses- Mr. Brownstone
Guns ‘n Roses- Welcome to the Jungle
Hinder- All American Nightmare
Hinder – Get Stoned
Hives – Hate to Say I Told You
Incubus- Circles
Iggy Pop – Lust for Life
INXS – Disappear Kid Rock- Bawitdaba
Killing Joke- Democracy
Killing Joke- In Excelsis
Killing Joke- Savage Freedom
Korn- Twisted Transistor
Led Zepplin- Achilles Last Stand
Led Zeppelin- When the Levee Breaks
Lenny Kravitz- Are You Gonna Go My Way
Linkin Park- Bleed it Out
Linkin Park- Faint
Linkin Park- Numb
Liz Phair – Supernova
Lynnard Skynyrd- Gimme Three Steps
Matthew Good Band – Load Me Up
Motley Crue- Kickstart my Heart
Muse- Assassin
Muse- Hysteria
Mutemath – Electrify
My Chemical Romance – Helena
Nine Inch Nails – Ruiner
Nirvana – Blew
Nirvana- Smells Like Teen Spirit
Nonpoint – Bullet With a Name
Oasis – Hello
Papa Roach- Kick in the Teeth
Papa Roach – To Be Loved
Pearl Jam- Animal
Pearl Jam- Corduroy
Pearl Jam – Given to Fly (Live on Two Legs version)
Pearl Jam- Go
Pearl Jam- Last Exit
Pearl Jam- Love Reign O’er Me cover
Pearl Jam- Porch
Pearl Jam- Rearviewmirror
Pearl Jam- Sonic Reducer cover
Peal Jam- Spin the Black Circle
Pearl Jam- State of Love & Trust
Pixies – Debaser
Public Image- P.I.L.
Queen- Another One Bites the Dust
Queens of the Stone Age- Go With The Flow
Queens of the Stone Age- Millionaire
Queens of the Stone Age-The Sky is Falling
Rage Against the Machine- Bulls on Parade
Rage Against the Machine- Down Rodeo
Rage Against the Machine- Guerilla Radio
Rage Against the Machine- How I Could Just Kill a Man
Rage Against the Machine- Renegades of Funk
Rage Against the Machine- Sleep Now in the Fire
Rage Against the Machine- Testify
Red Hot Chilli Peppers – Parallel Universe
Red Hot Chilli Peppers- Suck My Kiss
Rev Theory – Hell Yeah
Rise Against – Give it All
Rollins Band – Get Some Go Again
Rollins Band- Illumination
Rollins Band- One Shot
Rollins Band- On My Way to the Cage
Rollins Band- Shine
Rollins Band- Starve
Rollins Band- Step Back
Rush – Tom Sawyer
Saliva – Back into Your System
Saliva- Superstar
Shaman’s Harvest – Dragonfly
Sparta – Taking Back Control
System of a Dow- White Limo
Stone Temple Pilots-Dead & Bloated
Stone Temple Pilots- Sex Type Thing
Stone Temple Pilots- Unglued
Social Distortion- Ball & Chain
Social Distortion- Don’t Take Me For Granted
Social Distortion- Far Behind
Social Distortion- Ring of Fire
Soundgarden- Jesus Christ Pose
Soundgarden- Loud Love
Soundgarden-Outshined
Soundgarden- Spoonman
Soundgarden- The Day I Tried to Live
Staind- So Far Away
Stevie Ray Vaughn- Little Wing
Ted Nugent-Stranglehold
Temple of the Dog-Times of Trouble
Them Crooked Vultures- No One Loves Me and Neither do You
The Killers – All These Things I Have Done
The Killjoys- Rave
The Raconteurs – Salute Your Salution
The Subways – Rock n Roll Queen
The Strokes- Juicebox
The Strokes- Subway
The Strokes- Reptilia
The Velvet Underground – Beginning to See the Light
The White Stripes- Icky Thump
The White Stripes- Seven Nation Army
Thousand Foot Crutch- All the Way Live
Three Days Grace-Animal I have Become
Toadies- Mister Love
Tom Morello & Bruce Springsteen- The Ghost of Tom Joad
Tool-Forty Six and 2
Van Halen- Hot For Teacher
Van Halen- Panama
Van Halen- Right Here
Van Halen- Running With the Devil
White Zombie – Thunderkiss 65

Okay, maybe it doesn't. But she does have a music video! :)

5phqDvrWNZc

Curt James
12-28-2011, 03:42 PM
IcFAMG8cOWg

hifrommike65
01-05-2013, 08:12 PM
I love Betty White, who says she started in TV "in the silent era." ;)

Baldiewonkanobi
07-29-2013, 12:03 PM
I went thru a sickly period as a kid (asthma) and listened to the radio a LOT. L.A. was really smoggy in the late 40s/early 50s as each home burned its own trash. I stayed indoors a lot. The Al Jarvis show was a favorite talk show. His side kick was a very young Betty White.

Just listened to a newish Joe Walsh song....Analog Man. That's me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il1Byvn_vMA

Baldiewonkanobi
07-29-2013, 12:09 PM
Betty was her funniest on the Mary Tyler Moore show.