PDA

View Full Version : Bodybuilding competition in Little Rock, Arkansas

DUKE56
08-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Does anyone have the results of the bodybuilding competition in Little Rock, Arkansas ? My son came in from Iraq and I didn't go. Sorry Baldie. I know I told you that I'd be there. Visits from my son are "Hello I'm home" type of visits, and I wouldn't miss them for the world. I hope you understand.

JoeB8962
08-17-2010, 02:30 PM
Does anyone have the results of the bodybuilding competition in Little Rock, Arkansas ? My son came in from Iraq and I didn't go. Sorry Baldie. I know I told you that I'd be there. Visits from my son are "Hello I'm home" type of visits, and I wouldn't miss them for the world. I hope you understand.

Results are posted on Bodybuilding.com..I competed in the show and got 2nd in Masters over 50 and 4th in Open Middleweight. Very good show we had over 100 compete.

Baldiewonkanobi
08-17-2010, 06:03 PM
Joe welcome on board. Get your pictures up in your own thread. Love to see them.

Duke...family first ALWAYS.

Baldie

JoeB8962
08-17-2010, 07:39 PM
Joe welcome on board. Get your pictures up in your own thread. Love to see them.

Baldie

Baldie, I've tried a couple time to post some pics but every time it errors out and refers me to the forum board.

Joe

JoeB8962
08-17-2010, 08:15 PM
Baldie, I've tried a couple time to post some pics but every time it errors out and refers me to the forum board.

Joe

With that said I tried again and wala pics! These are from the evening show.

Joe

Baldiewonkanobi
08-17-2010, 10:14 PM
WTG...get them up in your own thread.

Baldie

DUKE56
08-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Looks great Joe. Man I wish I could have been there, but I got to spend time with my son before he has to return to Iraq.
Him and his wife said they would come down from Kansas to watch me compete in my first BB competition.

DUKE56
08-18-2010, 01:32 PM

Baldie
Your right. Thanks for understanding.

JoeB8962
08-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Looks great Joe. Man I wish I could have been there, but I got to spend time with my son before he has to return to Iraq.
Him and his wife said they would come down from Kansas to watch me compete in my first BB competition.

Duke don't blame you a bit. My 3 girls were all able to make the show and that gave me more thrill than any award I won. My oldest a school teacher, just doesn't get why her Dad would want to do what we do. But She was there screaming her lungs out and brother you just can't beat that!

If things work out looking at doing the Red River Classic in Normon, OK on Oct. 9th, I hear it is a very good and well ran show, I emailed the promoter yesterday and he got right back too me, answered all my questions and it sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun! Have you looked at this show?

There's also a show on Sept. 11 in Plano, TX, NPC Heart of TX but it looks like a much smaller show.

DUKE56
08-18-2010, 05:54 PM
I'll bet when you heard your daughters it sent a chill up your spine and gave you extra incentive!! Wow, your a luck man.
I won't be doing anything till next year. (gotta get some legs) right now the trainer i spoke with says "you can't get up there with chicken legs" ooowwww, um,um, um
anyway it will be my first competition and i want to be more than ready.

JoeB8962
08-18-2010, 06:11 PM
I'll bet when you heard your daughters it sent a chill up your spine and gave you extra incentive!! Wow, your a luck man.
I won't be doing anything till next year. (gotta get some legs) right now the trainer i spoke with says "you can't get up there with chicken legs" ooowwww, um,um, um
anyway it will be my first competition and i want to be more than ready.

So, will you do AR State next year and if so what age group will you fall in? A couple of us are already speaking with guys in our age group that have done the show before and we are trying to get them back and have a stacked 50 n over lineup. Bad news for me but the way I look at it sure everybody wants to win but if you've got what it takes to step up on stage and your the best YOU can be then your a winner in my book. As long as I keep getting a little better with each passing year I keep on doing this great sport of ours we call bodybuilding!

DUKE56
08-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Congratulations on you placing ! I know you were pumped.
I'm not sure about Ar State, I would like to try something smaller first I think. If I could get some input on what I look like now and where I possibly could be by then would boost my outlook on everything. I do know I'm going to have to work on legs seriously. I'm totally new to all this. I hope to be weighing in at about 170 to 175 lbs. I still have the love handles a little on the side and back. I'm 5'8" tall, and I'll be 55 at the time of competition. I use to power lift when I was in my 20's, now I'm interested in trying the bodybuilding. I got tired of looking at the fat guy in the mirror. I currently weigh 183.4 + or - a little.

JoeB8962
08-19-2010, 11:18 PM
Congratulations on you placing ! I know you were pumped.
I'm not sure about Ar State, I would like to try something smaller first I think. If I could get some input on what I look like now and where I possibly could be by then would boost my outlook on everything. I do know I'm going to have to work on legs seriously. I'm totally new to all this. I hope to be weighing in at about 170 to 175 lbs. I still have the love handles a little on the side and back. I'm 5'8" tall, and I'll be 55 at the time of competition. I use to power lift when I was in my 20's, now I'm interested in trying the bodybuilding. I got tired of looking at the fat guy in the mirror. I currently weigh 183.4 + or - a little.

I'm 5'8" also and this past year went up to 185, I stepped on stage at 165.5. The year before took my weight up to 210 and competed at 168, I will never get over 10 lbs heaver than where I intend to compete at. I can tell you this from my experence we've got alot more fat on us than we think. I've still got a long way too go.

If I were you and I was serious I'd start dieting know and get lean, you need to find out which type of diet works the best for you. I've found that I do much better on the keto diet, I have much more energy than using a higher carb and low fat diet. I have no energy on that type diet. Don't get me wrong it will work and get you lean but I had no energy to get through a day of training, cardio and work. But you need to find out these things for yourself to see what works best for you and your situation.

DUKE56
08-20-2010, 12:10 AM
I have heard of the keto diet, but thats all. Right now i'm doing the 6 meal a day with protein drink in a.m., egg whites and whole wheat bread in a.m., meat and veggies for lunch, in the afternoon i have tuna and whole wheat bread then evening meal. It's been working pretty good.
I know i'll have to do something else the closer it comes to competition time.
By the way i forgot to undo the caps lock before i started. I've been told that it means i'm yelling. I work for and engineer and that's the way i have to type text on plans. I'm working on it though.lol