PDA

View Full Version : Elbow Tendon Sprain?

Hardly Krishna
02-11-2009, 03:08 AM
I hurt what I assume is a tendon just above my elbow while doing skull crushers. The pain isn't nearly as bad as it was, I've used ice/heat and liniment. But what else can be done?

dcastro
02-11-2009, 11:25 AM
diehardlifts,
what you injured was the fascial attachment of the tricep. A very sensitive area which is put under an enormous amount of stress when the elbow is positioned above the head in a flexed position. You might want to lay off skull crushers for a bit and when you return to doing them, go to every other workout with them. Also, i would encourage some type of deep tissue therapy, like active release technique, or massage to help break up any adhesions formed following the injury. Hope this helps.

ZacharyKane
02-11-2009, 03:49 PM
diehardlifts,
what you injured was the fascial attachment of the tricep. A very sensitive area which is put under an enormous amount of stress when the elbow is positioned above the head in a flexed position. You might want to lay off skull crushers for a bit and when you return to doing them, go to every other workout with them. Also, i would encourage some type of deep tissue therapy, like active release technique, or massage to help break up any adhesions formed following the injury. Hope this helps.

Thanks for putting up this info, I've been having the same issue, and it started up when I was doing skullcrushers, and stopped when I stopped doing them again.

Hardly Krishna
02-11-2009, 06:52 PM
diehardlifts,
Thanks doc! Luckily I just a received a GC for 90min Deep Tissue treatment!