PDA

View Full Version : Q&A with IFBB Pro Gina Davis!

huge285
03-18-2009, 04:04 AM
Ask IFBB Pro Bodybuilder GINA DAVIS all your questions!

Stavman
03-18-2009, 04:17 AM
That is NOT the lady from Beetlejuice.

Canuck_Muscle
03-18-2009, 04:43 AM
Hi Gina nice to have u here. How long have u been bodybuilding now and what are your current competitive plans?

Biggie973
03-18-2009, 05:56 AM
Hi Gina, what got you into the industry?

esplendido
03-18-2009, 10:14 AM
That is NOT the lady from Beetlejuice.

You are thinking about GEENA DAVIS.

Gina is an incredibly knowledgeable bodybuilder and prep coach with one of THE best physiques in FBBing. She will be responding to everyone very soon.

Vicki Nixon
03-18-2009, 03:54 PM
HEY GIRL! Yahaw! How the hell are ya!!!! Glad your here! Are u ever going to compete again? Hope to see you in the near future! Fill me in on whats going on with you!!
XO:)

GINA DAVIS
03-19-2009, 03:51 AM
Heyyyyy you guys! Well, I had been laying low for awhile until I had the pleasure of meeting some great new friends who asked if I could stop in here, say hello, and possibly answer any questions concerning our chosen "sport". From what I have perused thus far, I am impressed with the boards and will be checking in from time to time to see if my assistance is needed in any way. I will give it a whirl right now...

Big Dave: How in the heck are ya? GREAT site my friend. Hope all is well and thank you for the warm welcome.

Stav T.: LOL! Now that isn't the first time my name has conjured up visions of a ghost that lives with Winona Ryder, a female baseball pitcher, or a hot mama making out with Brad Pitt & launching a car over a cliff! haha!

Canuck: Thank you so much! I have been training since 1990 and began competing in 1999. Last year I took an extended hiatus from the sport and am still undecided if I will ever return to the stage.

Biggie: Great question! I have always said, "bodybuilding picked me, not the other way around". I have always been an athlete and upon graduating joined a gym and just naturally fell into training with a purpose to "build". And boy did I!

Esplendido: Hi big guy! So good to have your encouragement to join the forums. I think I'm gonna like it 'round here! Big hug to your lovely wife.

Vicki: Helloooo gorgeous! Gosh, haven't seen you in so long! I am doing well thank you! Just taking it easy and seeing where life leads me after a trying year. ALWAYS good to see you!! Muah!

Gonna try and get some sleep after a loooong day. Will check back soon!

Ciao!
G

huge285
03-24-2009, 02:53 AM
GINA, when can we expect to see you back onstage???

Canuck_Muscle
03-24-2009, 03:21 AM
Hey Gina what is your favourite bodypart to train and which do u dislike to train but train anyway? Also are u a high volume gal or low volume?

Biggie973
03-24-2009, 05:56 AM
What's your fav. cheat meal?

GINA DAVIS
03-24-2009, 11:59 PM
huge: Well buddy, I am still undecided about my return to the stage. SO many things contribute to this mindset but will certainly let you know if/when I decide to take the plunge once again!

canuch: Fave bodypart to train would have to be back! Dislike...hmm...well, I like 'em all actually. I will say that bicep training for me becomes a bit boring since I don't really have to do much to make progress there. I prefer low volume high weight.

biggie: Anything involving peanut butter! lol!

G

~gymdiva~
03-27-2009, 01:05 PM
if we beg enough will you come back? :bowdown:

I've always loved your arms...are you more into rep training or volume when it comes to building? :lift2:

GINA DAVIS
03-28-2009, 04:07 AM
diva: Hi doll! Awww, thanks but I would never want anyone to beg for such a thing! lol! You're sweet. Thanks for the arm compliment. While competing, I would use substantial weight for sets of 10-12. These days, it's more about maintaining so moderate to light weight for higher reps. Thanks again and I wish you all the best!
G

esplendido
04-26-2009, 11:33 AM
Gina, how has the recent bust in Tulsa/OK City affected bodybuilding in your area? Are there bber's who have decided to hold off competing for various reasons? And why do you think they picked on Sherry?

GINA DAVIS
06-02-2009, 01:11 AM
Good question. I can't really answer fairly due to the fact that the female bodybuilding scene has been on a downward spiral even prior to the bust. The men seem to be unaffected, however, the ones that held off to compete claim it is to "have more time to grow". Sadly, the mighty Oklahoma State Championship was this past weekend in Tulsa and there were ZERO female bodybuilders entered, with a nice number of males. I have nothing to say about anyone being "picked on". I will say that I would've like to have seen our tax dollars being put to better use that to head up a sting such as that. Good ol' Oklahoma...

dtay1990
06-09-2009, 01:56 AM
Hey Gina, I just wanted to thank you again for your encouraging words at the Oklahoma. Your influence has further inspired me to succeed and perform 100% when it seems physiologically impossible to push harder. Anyways, you looked beautiful and I look forward to seeing you again sometime in the future!

GINA DAVIS
06-10-2009, 01:29 AM
Hi there David!

Well, that is outstanding to hear! You, my friend, have a bright, bright future in the sport if you so choose. Thank you for the nice words & I look forward to seeing you on stage again. I'm a fan!!!

G

The Big Sexy
06-10-2009, 01:33 AM
Welcome to RX

~gymdiva~
06-10-2009, 01:35 AM
diva: Hi doll! Awww, thanks but I would never want anyone to beg for such a thing! lol! You're sweet. Thanks for the arm compliment. While competing, I would use substantial weight for sets of 10-12. These days, it's more about maintaining so moderate to light weight for higher reps. Thanks again and I wish you all the best!
G

thank you Gina! and omg I had totally forgotten about this pic...I took this with you at 05 nationals in ATL...we were going to redo it and my camera died...hahahaha...I'll have to try catching you at another show sometime and we'll redo it :)

2hot4u
06-10-2009, 04:57 AM
Gina, do you find that since the recent information of the oklahoma state is trying to make it where if you "look" like a bodybuilder they can investigate you has caused alot of people to not want to be a competitor anymore? That is truly sad and i hope that they just worry about the true criminals that are killing people or robbing banks etc. It is only going to add to the down fall of the sport. I guess everyone should just wear long sleeves and pants when out of your house?? lol

what is your insight on all of this and does it contribute to your discision to not return to the stage?

GINA DAVIS
06-18-2009, 10:33 PM
Diva: OMG! That is hilarious! Yes ma'am, retake is in order!

2hot: I have been asked that before & I can honestly say that I haven't seen a decline in gym participation with the purpose of intense weight training or for competitions. I train at THE hardest hardcore gym in OKC so the people there are a bit impervious to the drama & keep their nose to the proverbial grindstone. The recent events have in NO way swayed or influenced my decision to hang up my posing suit. That decision was made long before... Thanks for your question!
G

muscles_1976
06-20-2009, 01:16 PM
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!!! I so miss you!

GINA DAVIS
06-29-2009, 02:56 AM
muscles_1976: Hello dollface!!! Still doing my thing in OKC. Miss you too!!!!! Must catch up asap!

Steph Orr
06-29-2009, 07:06 PM
Gina you are stunning, I hope you will grace the stage again someday. I have a couple of questions for you. Off season, how many sets & reps do you typically do? When contest dieting are you a ketoholic,or consuming low or moderate carbs? Oh yeah how about cheat meals during contest dieting? What are they or do you have any?

GINA DAVIS
07-31-2009, 02:30 PM
Hello Steph! Thank you very much...likewise honey!!! Offseason, I typically do 4 sets of 10. Contest dieting, my body responds better to carb-cycling...i.e...150, 100, 75, back to 150. They fluctuate of course as conditioning comes along but you get the picture. No cheat meals unless I hold a flat look for too long which rarely happens. IF I am allowed a cheat meal, it is usually a 7oz filet, dry baked potato, green veggies, and one nice slice of CHEEEEEESECAKE!!! lol! Thanks for your questions and best of luck to you pretty girl!
G

satrusud
11-06-2009, 07:10 PM
That's a very interesting topic. But this field is still new to me. It will be grateful if you give me some
more information about it. Thanks in advance.

Electric adjustable beds prices frame | (http://adjustablebedsprices.org/)Air adjustable bed mattress | (http://adjustablebedsprices.org/adjustable-bed-mattress/)Electric adjustable beds prices (http://adjustablebedsprices.org/electric-adjustable-beds/)

jaybee89
11-14-2009, 08:03 AM
Hello!
This is Jaybee!
Im new in this site!
I hope I can have more friends here!
That's a very interesting topic. But this field is still new to me. It will be grateful if you give me some
more information about it.
Just keep on posting Guys!
Its nice to have you all Guys!
Thanks!
Good Luck!...

Women's Jeans (http://www.jeansinstore.com/)

diacoua
11-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Dave mentioned on one of the episodes of NBR that you were on that you were probably one of the smartest people he knew, I was wondering what's your education background and how'd you do in academics?

Another question, I know you work for ALR Industries, what is that like? How's the pay, in what capacity do you perform? Do you work full-time?

Annonces immobilier entre particuliers maison | (http://immobilierentreparticuliers.org/)Achat immobilier entre particuliers vente | (http://immobilierentreparticuliers.org/)Annonces immobilier entre particuliers (http://immobilierentreparticuliers.org/immobilier-entre-particuliers/)

apc001
12-01-2009, 12:19 AM
Hi Gina,

What is your off season training split.

thanks

mastrxplodr
04-15-2010, 11:19 AM
Hey Gina, I have seen you at some of the Oklahoma shows and I have to say you represent the sport very well. I can say the same thing about Sherry as well. Hope to meet you and get a pic at the next show!

R.I.P.
05-13-2010, 07:27 PM
hi gina , i saw some pics over at girls with muscles website. you appear thicker,which i'm assuming was an off season pic. what do you usually weigh off season as opposed to contest ready. don't get me wrong i think you are gorgeous no matter what. actually i fav'd the pic i saw.

GINA DAVIS
07-02-2010, 09:48 PM
diacoua:
D: Are these questions posed to me? I am flattered if so! lol!
G

GINA DAVIS
07-02-2010, 09:50 PM
apc001: My offseason training split:
Mon: Chest/triceps
Tues: Legs
Wed: off
Thurs: Shoulders
Fri: Back/biceps

GINA DAVIS
07-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Hey Gina, I have seen you at some of the Oklahoma shows and I have to say you represent the sport very well. I can say the same thing about Sherry as well. Hope to meet you and get a pic at the next show!

Well, thank you very much! Absolutely, it will be my pleasure!
G

GINA DAVIS
07-02-2010, 09:56 PM
hi gina , i saw some pics over at girls with muscles website. you appear thicker,which i'm assuming was an off season pic. what do you usually weigh off season as opposed to contest ready. don't get me wrong i think you are gorgeous no matter what. actually i fav'd the pic i saw.

Oh man, I used to get BIG in the offseason! lol! Topped out at 210lbs once...yikes! A nice offseason weight for me was usually around 190lbs. Contest was typically 160lbs.
Thank you for the nice compliment!
G

creatineman2003
07-02-2010, 10:04 PM
gina i wish you were online more often. yw . the compliment.i love your body type. lkinda shmoey i know but really not meant to be. lol.

dexter7
08-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Hi Gina,
Do you plan on competing in the Ms international, next year? I loved your shape & look.. I think you would do very well.. Which pro contest did you compete in?

Dexter

Thunderstorm25
11-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Ask IFBB Pro Bodybuilder GINA DAVIS all your questions!

First I want to say thanks for the pics at the Branch Warren classic this year, I met my all time favorite and the most beautiful female bodybuilder the same day I got my first and only 1st place since I started competing, that was the single most exciting day of my life other than becoming a father, you are the best When are you set to compete again?

GINA DAVIS
02-19-2011, 05:01 PM
Hi Gina,
Do you plan on competing in the Ms international, next year? I loved your shape & look.. I think you would do very well.. Which pro contest did you compete in?

Dexter

No competition plans for me at this time. Thank you for your question and compliment!!!

GINA DAVIS
02-19-2011, 05:03 PM
First I want to say thanks for the pics at the Branch Warren classic this year, I met my all time favorite and the most beautiful female bodybuilder the same day I got my first and only 1st place since I started competing, that was the single most exciting day of my life other than becoming a father, you are the best When are you set to compete again?

Awww what a nice post, thank you & CONGRATS on such a great showing at the Branch!!! Not sure of any future competitions at this time, but will certainly "announce" it if anything changes. ;)

tornquad2
02-19-2011, 05:21 PM
whats your dieting of choice carbs or keto

GWHH
03-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Gina are you still dating that nice younger man from a couple of years ago? You both made such a nice couple.

GWHH
03-01-2011, 03:07 PM
Saw you in this, that was made over a year ago. You still got amazing size and shape going on. What the background info on this male BB you are helping? He pretty big-what his name? Did he win that contest you were helping him with?

YouTube - BIG CASEY

Ibarramedia
03-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Saw you in this, that was made over a year ago. You still got amazing size and shape going on. What the background info on this male BB you are helping? He pretty big-what his name? Did he win that contest you were helping him with?

MZTwCYzd-yQ

Fixed....

GINA DAVIS
04-03-2011, 04:17 PM
whats your dieting of choice carbs or keto

Carb-cycling.

GINA DAVIS
04-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Gina are you still dating that nice younger man from a couple of years ago? You both made such a nice couple.

My personal life is just that...personal. All is well though! ;-)) Thank you.

GINA DAVIS
04-03-2011, 04:23 PM

YouTube - BIG CASEY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZTwCYzd-yQ)

Eeeeweeee! I was dreadfully out of shape there, but appreciate the compliment. Casey is the athlete's name and, unfortunately, he became very ill right after this video & was unable to complete his prep. One thing is for certain...he would've smoked the competition.

Thanks for your inquiry.
G

The Prodigy
04-03-2011, 05:36 PM
When is your next show Gina?

Jodie
06-20-2011, 01:09 PM
hi there,after achieving all this,would you think you should be better than this

Stop being an ass Kenai.

GINA DAVIS
06-20-2011, 10:25 PM
When is your next show Gina?

No shows in my foreseeable future, but ya never know! ;)

GINA DAVIS
06-20-2011, 10:29 PM
Not sure what you mean by "better" kenai, but from where I stand there's "pro" under my name & "novice" under yours. Think I'm doing alright. :p

GWHH
12-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Since you are no longer doing any contests. How your strength levels and what your goals in that area?

How do you get a waist so small and shoulder so wide?

http://thumbnails27.imagebam.com/13310/125405133093460.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/125405133093460)

http://thumbnails41.imagebam.com/13310/d4cb79133093454.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/d4cb79133093454)

GINA DAVIS
12-10-2011, 09:39 PM
Hi GWHH,

My strength levels are still moderately on point. If I had to guess, I would say maybe half as strong as when I was competing. I don't lift heavy so that is just fine with me. As far as my shoulder/waist ratio, I would have to blame that on good ol' genetics! Thanks for your questions!
G

R.I.P.
03-11-2015, 09:57 AM
You're beautiful