PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Quest Protein Bars!

huge285
08-24-2010, 06:21 PM
I've never endorsed a protein "bar" as being something I would eat myself or recommend to others. QUEST PROTEIN BARS are the first of its kind: 20g Whey Protein, 12g Fat (coming from Almonds), and 4g Net Carbs (19g carbs; but 15g fiber)....... Up till this point in time; the most PERFECT BAR every produced.

I greatly encourage you to try them. Even more importantly, they taste great too!

www.questproteinbar.com (http://www.questproteinbar.com)

retwa
08-24-2010, 10:20 PM
How about a discount code for RX members? ;)

AVBG
08-25-2010, 12:22 AM
I wonder if I ate a dozen of them that they'd still be considered keto? lol

Sam Poe
08-25-2010, 07:56 AM
Welcome Quest

alesroki
08-25-2010, 08:16 AM
I wonder if I ate a dozen of them that they'd still be considered keto? lol

With all that fiber, keto would be the last of your worries. :yep:

LisaRD23
08-25-2010, 09:07 AM
Like the fact that it has no sugar alcohols...I will deff give these a try.

lomox
08-25-2010, 12:40 PM
Why sucralose? Damn... its like they went all the way and got to the end and screwed it up with artificial sweetener. Is it that much more difficult to use Stevia?

GRAVESY
08-25-2010, 06:55 PM
they look tastey

LisaRD23
08-26-2010, 09:57 AM
Why sucralose? Damn... its like they went all the way and got to the end and screwed it up with artificial sweetener. Is it that much more difficult to use Stevia?

I belive that amount of sucralose is very minimal-- but still needs to be listed as an ingredient.

Direct from Quest Site:
Sucralose- Recognized by most people as what gives SplendaTM its sweet taste, sucralose is generally recognized as the best artificial sweetener available. It’s over 600 times sweeter than sugar so it’s used in almost microscopic amounts.

Unless you're gonna eat 3 bars a day then its really no big deal.

joe d
08-26-2010, 03:58 PM
can we get an actual complete nutrition chart and ingredients list on these? they look like a damn good bar but i only see advertisement, no fact.

Medium Extreme
08-26-2010, 06:07 PM
Just ordered two of each.....

GREENMACHINE23
08-26-2010, 06:43 PM
I will have to pick a couple of these up for myself.

tammyp
08-27-2010, 08:19 AM
can we get an actual complete nutrition chart and ingredients list on these? they look like a damn good bar but i only see advertisement, no fact.

230 cals, 20 pro, 12 fat and 19 carbs, 14 is fiber.

Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate), Chicory Root Fiber, Peanut Butter, Dry Roasted Almonds, Water, Raw Almonds, Peanuts, Natural Flavors, Sea Salt, Lo Han Guo, Sucralose.

Medium Extreme
08-27-2010, 03:23 PM
Just got my order!

Both taste great!!

The peanut butter one taste just like those candies you get on halloween in the orange and black wrappers. Good stuff, I love the high fiber content as well.

Medium Extreme
08-27-2010, 04:54 PM

Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate), Chicory Root Fiber, Peanut Butter, Dry Roasted Almonds, Water, Raw Almonds, Peanuts, Natural Flavors, Sea Salt, Lo Han Guo, Sucralose.

You forgot the Almond Butter...I LOVE almond butter!

joe d
08-27-2010, 06:02 PM

awesome thank you.

Cogrick2
08-28-2010, 04:05 PM
What is the impact of these on blood sugar? I have been buying VPZ Zero Impact bars because they supposedly pack a similar protein and fat bunch and do not impact blood sugar.

rcp1936
08-29-2010, 12:16 PM
My Vanilla Almond came

Taste great

But unlike ON Whey they are not Lactose intolerant friendly as I found out

However I took two lactaid tablets with my next one and was OK

Quest Protein Bar
08-30-2010, 10:32 PM
Wow guys! Thanks for all of the kind words. The response from Rx Muscle has been overwhelming.

We are getting MASSIVE positive feedback and it's great to get it from the people we designed the bar for - people who are serious about their nutrition.

We always wondered why no one had made a bar that could be used even pre-contest that contained no crap. When we began the formulation process and contacted all of the bar manufacturers they all tried to help but in the end said "it can't be done" unless you're willing to add some sort of sugar or sugar alcohol. We didn't want to do that so we started looking in other areas.*

For about 14 months after that we worked with several nutritional consultants who had decades of experience with protein bars and one after the other had to concede defeat despite their best efforts.

Finally, after enormous frustration and tons of cash investment, we were able to pull it off after a huge investment of time and money and we ended up filing a patent on the process.

Now that Quest Bars are finally on the market, we have gotten recommendations by industry leaders like Dave Palumbo, Gina Aliotti, Jerry Brainum, IFBB Pros Vicki Nixon and Kristi Tauti and many others.

The more a person knows about nutrition, the more they seem to appreciate the bars although many customers buy them just for the taste. You'll notice, for example, that Quest Bars have no aftertaste because we don't use any soy or other cheap proteins.*

We'll be launching a bunch of new flavors soon and we'll be sure to keep you all in the loop.

Thanks so much for your support! *

Quest Protein Bar
08-30-2010, 10:37 PM

Great point.

We tried VERY hard to use stevia as our sweetener but it has a bitter taste that we weren't able to eliminate despite lots of effort and working with dozens of stevia providers.

In literally hundreds of taste tests, the sucralose bars won every time. If you try them you'll see how good they taste and why we went with sucralose.

Having said that, we are actively working to find a stevia that will work and I think that ultimately it will be possible. A lot of very smart people at many stevia providers are working on the stevia bitterness issue and I bet they will succeed.

When that happens, we will gladly use it.

Quest Protein Bar
08-30-2010, 10:49 PM
What is the impact of these on blood sugar? I have been buying VPZ Zero Impact bars because they supposedly pack a similar protein and fat bunch and do not impact blood sugar.

Another great question.

Our goal at Quest is to make products that first and foremost help people achieve great physiques so we do not mess around on important issues such as blood sugar impact.

Every single ingredient we use in Quest Bars has very minimal impact on blood sugar.

We've even tested them on many people with blood glucose monitors and the difference between Quest Bars and other bars is amazing.

Remember as well that some sugars (fructose for example) have little impact on blood sugar but are NOT something that's going to help your physique.

What really separates our bars from the rest is that we truly have low carbs. Only 4-5g of non-fiber carbs per bar. Just like Dave's Palumbo's great Isolyze product, we only use the expensive isolates so the only carbs we do have come from the nuts.

If you've had good results from Dave's diet (which we all think is the way to go at Quest) then you'll like the bars as they follow his nutritional guidelines.

No one who is honest will ever tell you that any bar or supplement is better than whole food but they really are handy to have around when you can't get a whole food meal.

Woofman81
08-31-2010, 03:17 AM
I just bought one of each to try and oh my gosh, I couldn't believe how great they tasted for having such healthy ingredients. I haven't bought a box of protein bars in years but I'll for sure end up buying a box of each flavor in these.

debbiebramwell
08-31-2010, 11:20 PM
Awesome info. Thank you for taking the time to answer the questions. I ordered some to try for now and look forward to the new flavors. Thanks so much for offering a great product and from what I have read Im sure I will like it as well.

Jeff The Producer
09-01-2010, 08:22 PM
These seriously are great tasting bars, and considering they have Isolate derived proteins, combined with absolutely no bloating or stomach upset afterwards, makes them perfect.

I used to be a huge fan of the Old Met-Rx bars (when Scott Connelly was still running things) and since then I have not found a bar, before Quests', that actually tastes good and provides a good amount of protein and flavor.

Congrats on a great bar.

tammyp
09-02-2010, 06:05 AM
i ordered some...cant wait to try

GRAVESY
09-02-2010, 06:36 AM
what are the other flavors that might be coming soon, if you dont mind to spill the beans?

Cashew?
Pistachio?
Macadamian?

Going to order up one of both PeaNut and ALmond

debbiebramwell
09-02-2010, 10:33 AM
I got mine and like the peanut butter supreme the best so far! The only thing is they are so small:pSomething a little bigger would be perfect!!!Have you considered that?

LisaRD23
09-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Hubby and I tried a smaple order last week.
A++.....great taste and no nasty bloat as what usually happens after eating a protein bar.

I'd be interested to see what new flavors come out.

8itup
09-03-2010, 12:50 PM
I ordered a box of each at https://www.questproteinbar.com/index.html (https://www.questproteinbar.com/index.html) I clicked "forum" drop down box for ref. Also googled Questprotienbar coupon save about $6 by putting SHIPFREE in the coupon box.

Cost was $47ish for a box of each.

They are the best I've ever had by far.

Nelford
09-03-2010, 01:19 PM
I got to say these bars are the best bars I tasted. I order the Vanilla Almond Crunch and 4 days later ordered the Peanut butter supreme. Thanks for putting these bars on the market!

Nelford
09-03-2010, 01:21 PM
I got mine and like the peanut butter supreme the best so far! The only thing is they are so small:pSomething a little bigger would be perfect!!!Have you considered that?

I was thinking the same thing...

tammyp
09-03-2010, 05:43 PM
just got mine!

tammyp
09-05-2010, 03:14 PM
the almond i liek better...and i love PB anything!

GRAVESY
09-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Got mine yesterday.
These things are dfntly FTW.
Taste Amazing.

K-Max
09-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Eww! $23.75 estimated shipping to Canada?! (For 2 boxes) That hurts! Do you guys have any Canadian Distributors yet?

K-Max
09-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Well I bit the bullet and paid the hefty shipping fee. I'm looking for a dieting bar to help improve my cut diet. We shall see.

bernard
09-11-2010, 01:24 AM
just got my two boxes of bars tonight. super fast delivery. they sent it priority and shipping was like $5.

just had a peanut butter one and well the box may be gone by morning. i like that they do not try and taste like candy. i just wish bar in general were cheaper.

great find Dave!

Suzanne
09-18-2010, 01:09 AM
Gotta try these after preps over!!

Medium Extreme
09-21-2010, 11:17 AM
Any chance on replacing the Sucralose (splenda) with stevia in the future? I love these bars, I have one a day, but I would prefer a formula with a sugar that my body can metabolize.

Seems like a simple fix?

Good Grip
10-01-2010, 05:08 AM
Im glad I saw the video with the owner and dave. This bars sound like a great idea and ill have to try one.

bert
10-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Just ordered my first box and got a 20% discount for being referred by a website. Pretty good, now to see how they taste and digest.

GRAVESY
10-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Any chance on replacing the Sucralose (splenda) with stevia in the future? I love these bars, I have one a day, but I would prefer a formula with a sugar that my body can metabolize.

Seems like a simple fix?

^ See Below v

Great point.

We tried VERY hard to use stevia as our sweetener but it has a bitter taste that we weren't able to eliminate despite lots of effort and working with dozens of stevia providers.

In literally hundreds of taste tests, the sucralose bars won every time. If you try them you'll see how good they taste and why we went with sucralose.

Having said that, we are actively working to find a stevia that will work and I think that ultimately it will be possible. A lot of very smart people at many stevia providers are working on the stevia bitterness issue and I bet they will succeed.

GAMEOVER
10-13-2010, 07:06 PM
Just ordered my first box of Quest Vanilla Almond protein bars. I gotta admit they were a lil pricey compared to what I usually pay for my Supreme protein bars when you add the shipping into the overall price but I had to give em a try since Dave has been talking about them so much as of late. Wanted to order 2 boxes to save on shipping but didn't want to shell out $50 on a couple of boxes of bars that I might not like. Any ways, I'll keep you guys all posted as to the final verdict.

jackjackson
10-14-2010, 11:25 AM
I actually bought 14 myself and love them.

The Vanilla Almond is the best by far.
I even let some competitors at the show try them because I keep them on me incase I ever get stuck with no food.

Love them even on keto

retwa
10-15-2010, 05:12 PM
Well, I just got my two boxes of Quest bars...both varieties are amazing; better nutritional profile, taste, and consistency than any protein bar I've had up until now.

The only improvements that would be nice to see perhaps is larger bars...and a higher % of protein with a lower % of fiber in each bar.

jackjackson
10-15-2010, 11:15 PM
I agree with more protein but I do not agree with less fiber.

Fiber is very very beneficial to anyone eating 6-7 + meals a day

retwa
10-16-2010, 01:48 AM
Well, what I mean is they could make the overall bar bigger while adding more protein, but keeping fiber the same...its already loaded with fiber, don't really need any more per bar, thus the fiber would have the same total amount, but lower % of the bar would be fiber.

cm
10-16-2010, 11:13 AM
what happened to this co. ordred som. never heard a thing. when will you be sending out the products?

rockhard
10-16-2010, 12:22 PM
Ordered a box of each flavor last week and got them in 3 days. Taste of both is amazing and the macro profile is perfect..I like the fact that the ingedients list is so minimal. Like having a scoop of whey isolate with a couple tablespoons of peanut butter or a few almonds......but much easier on the go. Worked great on a day flying and in airports all morning...very satisfying. If it is the sweet,"Snickers Bar" taste you are looking for (ie,Supreme Protein, Pure Power, etc.) then these bars may not be for you...but, if you like a bar that tastes like food then these can't be beat.

jackjackson
10-17-2010, 06:13 AM
Bar none these bars are great to carry in your gym bag or in your car if you are on keto or not even keto as they have very very little ingredients.

I love them

daviidwilson
11-02-2010, 12:41 AM
Like the fact that it has no sugar alcohols...I will deff give these a try.

LookImDancinCrazy!
01-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Great point.

Only to those who are accustomed to other sweeteners. I find stevia intensely sweet.

I think Quest would find there is already a market for their bars with available stevia products. Stevita in my opinion is the best.

Quest Protein Bar
01-28-2011, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the feedback. We are currently in development of a stevia based bar as we have definitely had many requests for it.

It's pretty tough to pull off but I think we'll be able to use stevia as our main sweeter and pull out the sucralose if we also use another natural sweetener as well. It will have to undergo very extensive taste testing so it won't be right around the corner but we will be launching four more flavors in the coming months.

People have been ordering like crazy so you'll see many new additions to the protein bar flavors as well as a whole new line of products.

Only to those who are accustomed to other sweeteners. I find stevia intensely sweet.

I think Quest would find there is already a market for their bars with available stevia products. Stevita in my opinion is the best.

Bryan Hildebrand
01-28-2011, 07:26 PM
great bars. had some sent to me... loved them all.

gilbrt
01-30-2011, 04:58 AM
any aussie stockists?

LookImDancinCrazy!
02-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the feedback. We are currently in development of a stevia based bar as we have definitely had many requests for it.

It's pretty tough to pull off but I think we'll be able to use stevia as our main sweeter and pull out the sucralose if we also use another natural sweetener as well. It will have to undergo very extensive taste testing so it won't be right around the corner but we will be launching four more flavors in the coming months.

People have been ordering like crazy so you'll see many new additions to the protein bar flavors as well as a whole new line of products.

That'd be fantastic. I'd be a dedicated customer for sure.

mdvsony
02-15-2011, 01:09 AM
any aussie stockists?

I second this question :)

Vicki Nixon
04-14-2011, 02:29 PM
I am with dave on this bar! I also am a rep for Quest:) I sell them on my Links page on my website..and would NOT eat any other!! GOOD STUFF especially in a pinch, I am always on the road:)

bernard
04-15-2011, 02:43 AM
When are the new flavors coming out?

Vicki Nixon
05-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Good question, I did get to sample the two new ones:)

tmno
05-11-2011, 01:06 AM
they're great and taste good too, im gonna buy myself again a few boxes

Futurefreak
05-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Vicki,

I just want to say I think you are awesome! I watched you on RTB1 sweep the Delaware show and was very impressed by everything you displayed.

I am also a Quest Bars sponsored athlete and truly love these bars as these are the ONLY bars I feel comfortable eating EVEN while dieting!

Schnittlauch86
05-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Are Quest Bars available in Europe? If so, at which distributor?

The Big King
05-15-2011, 01:51 PM
Does anyone know when the new flavors will be available for purchase???

Sashabrown
05-17-2011, 08:35 PM
I love it!
I recommend it to all my friends and clients! Why? Because it taste good and I can understand all ingredients!

Milas
05-23-2011, 11:57 PM
Where's the best place to get them? They sound really good!

TheForce
05-26-2011, 01:09 AM
Where's the best place to get them? They sound really good!

AllStarHealth sells them now.

Also you can get free samples as well:

http://www.questproteinbar.com/free/index.asp

They are really good!

TheForce
05-26-2011, 01:14 AM
Does anyone know when the new flavors will be available for purchase???

I received samples of the new flavors from Quest.

Mixed Berry: it was really delicious! It was like eating a blueberry muffin! You could taste the blueberries. It was delicious!

Apple Pie: Tasted like Apple Pie without the crust. There were pieces of dehydrated apples in it.

Chocolate: I am not much of a chocolate person. It wasnt overly sweet but almost bittersweet. If you are craving chocolate, it will satisfy your chocolate cravings

I was very partial to the Mixed Berry and Apple though...those flavors are awesome!

You guys are going to like the new flavors!

propro
05-27-2011, 09:00 PM
http://pharmceptius.com/pill_images/propecia.jpg (http://pharmceptius.com/pill/Propecia) Generic Propecia (FINASTERIDE) is the first and only FDA approved pill proven to treat male pattern hair loss on the vertex (top of head) and anterior mid-scalp area in men. Studies show that 80% of men experience improvement when taking Propecia.

rockhard
06-09-2011, 10:35 PM
I received samples of the new flavors from Quest.

Mixed Berry: it was really delicious! It was like eating a blueberry muffin! You could taste the blueberries. It was delicious!

Apple Pie: Tasted like Apple Pie without the crust. There were pieces of dehydrated apples in it.

Chocolate: I am not much of a chocolate person. It wasnt overly sweet but almost bittersweet. If you are craving chocolate, it will satisfy your chocolate cravings

I was very partial to the Mixed Berry and Apple though...those flavors are awesome!

You guys are going to like the new flavors!
Same here....and your assessment is spot on!!!! My wife and kids wiped out the Mixed Berry and Apple....so I got the Chocolate. All are very, very good......but I still can't get enough of the Vanilla Almond!!!

Jameson829
09-02-2011, 10:56 PM
I just wanted to say how glad I am to have come across Quest Bars. They are perfect for low carb dieting and they taste great. Hell they're the PERFECT protein bar. I will consider them a staple from now on.

Mr.Dedication
09-03-2011, 02:13 AM
OMFG these bars are soooooo good!!!! I loved them! Microwave them for couple of seconds and NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM****

Jameson829
09-09-2011, 07:29 AM
Well, I just got my two boxes of Quest bars...both varieties are amazing; better nutritional profile, taste, and consistency than any protein bar I've had up until now.

The only improvements that would be nice to see perhaps is larger bars...and a higher % of protein with a lower % of fiber in each bar.
The fiber is one of the best parts about these things. If they lower fiber, the higher the net carb becomes which wouldn't make them really low carb, would it? Besides how much protein do you really need from a bar when you're probably eating chicken/beef/salmon all day like the rest of us?

LookImDancinCrazy!
11-06-2011, 05:43 PM
still checking their site for a bar w/o any fricking sucralose.

AVBG
11-06-2011, 06:13 PM
I ordered four boxes this weekend!

juggies
11-06-2011, 08:55 PM
Best bars on the market hands down. Haven't tried a flavor I didn't like. Feed them to my entire family. Glad to see quest on here, give them a try (you won't be disappointed).

Mr.Dedication
11-08-2011, 03:45 AM
I ordered four boxes this weekend!

wanna share them ;)

AVBG
11-08-2011, 04:06 AM
wanna share them ;)

wanna split what I paid in shipping to Aus? (at least the $ exchange rate was favorable)

myrjon
11-16-2011, 02:12 AM
I totally agree with you guys, its the best of all the protein bar..my favorite is the vanilla flavor I am not a big fan of chocolate, I bought mine at iherb dot com with a cheap rate since I got this $5off with this coupon code: GIG072. to be honest you can really get $5off on any products

McLaug
04-15-2012, 06:08 AM
Are Quest Bars available in Europe? If so, at which distributor?

Same question here.

Quest Protein Bar
04-17-2012, 02:55 PM
We have huge demand in Europe but not great distribution yet.

Here is probably your best bet:

http://www.powerbody.co.uk/brand-quest_nutrition,64.html