PDA

View Full Version : Why would they let this out of shape fuck fight Kimbo?

Northman
03-18-2009, 05:31 PM
ABE78bKq05M

Bubba Bronko
03-19-2009, 12:49 AM
Kimbo sucks he isnt a legit fighter yet...They are giving him some easy matches to build him back up matches he can win and build a foundation with...they are doing the same thing with cro cop

Charles Kozeluh
03-19-2009, 05:24 AM
Kimbp never claimed to be great elite xc decided to pay him all that money what should he have done turned it down? plus for his second legit mmma fight tank is a dangrous fight. Look at who most guys fight in there second fight theese days

Mr X
03-19-2009, 05:33 AM
Kimbo never really fought anyone...then he was knocked out by Seth Pretruzelli in 14seconds. the latest news on him is that he is considering becoming a boxer.

MRT
03-19-2009, 05:37 AM
he should fight couture, i reckon that would be a good match!!

MRT
03-19-2009, 05:55 AM
if hyped up wwe wrestler can beat him, why cant a hyped up street fighter!!

DaveV
03-19-2009, 06:08 AM
Tank rides off his name for the $$$. He's an alcoholic and doesn't even do cardio. Drinks right up until a few days before his fight. His UFC debut was awesome though when he almost killed that Hawaiian guy.

Mr X
03-19-2009, 06:21 AM
Tank rides off his name for the $$$. He's an alcoholic and doesn't even do cardio. Drinks right up until a few days before his fight. His UFC debut was awesome though when he almost killed that Hawaiian guy.

I was always down with Tank...he was just a brawler who didn't give a shit but MMA has moved on way beyond his style and the fighters today are real pros. its a completely different sport than when he entered the octagon.

DaveV
03-19-2009, 06:23 AM
I was always down with Tank...he was just a brawler who didn't give a shit but MMA has moved on way beyond his style and the fighters today are real pros. its a completely different sport than when he entered the octagon.

I agree. When he came in guy's usually only new one style of fighting. Now they pretty much know them all. Tank always said he had no respect for the martial arts and relied on his "jackhammer" punching technique.

UFC FACT - Tank was the first fighter to wear gloves.

MRT
03-19-2009, 06:48 AM

Yet one of the top guy's gets beat by a hyped up wwe star LOL, i wish people would stop making out these guys are anything special!!,,,there's 1 MMA fighter who is a true pro and that's fedor!!

MRT
03-19-2009, 06:49 AM
Kimbo never really fought anyone...then he was knocked out by Seth Pretruzelli in 14seconds. the latest news on him is that he is considering becoming a boxer.

kimbo is to slow for boxing he suits MMA alot more

tommigunzzz
03-19-2009, 09:20 AM

Tank drinks until he walks to the ring.

BigJD69
03-19-2009, 11:45 AM
Tank looks like the guy that sits at the bar all day pounding beers.

Plates
03-19-2009, 12:24 PM
Tank is a turd. However, he was a beast back in the day. I think ive seen a vid of him benching 600 or some shit. As far as Kimbo is concerned.....come on, he had to take a chunk of change to fall to Seth

DaveV
03-19-2009, 12:35 PM
Tank is a turd. However, he was a beast back in the day. I think ive seen a vid of him benching 600 or some shit. As far as Kimbo is concerned.....come on, he had to take a chunk of change to fall to Seth

No way. EliteXC folded after that event. It's more like Seth didn't take a chunk of change to take a dive. After all, he was supposed to fight Ken Shamrock that night (guy will do anything for a buck). Kimbo got exposed and EliteXC was banking everything on him.

Plates
03-19-2009, 03:13 PM
No way. EliteXC folded after that event. It's more like Seth didn't take a chunk of change to take a dive. After all, he was supposed to fight Ken Shamrock that night (guy will do anything for a buck). Kimbo got exposed and EliteXC was banking everything on him.

I see your point but disagree. Some of the back yard guys threw harder punches than Seth did. Not to mention, Im sure Bas put his fair share of licks on Kimbo in those training sessions they had. No way would that pussy ass punch from Seth put him down that hard. Its a joke. Not saying Kimbo is the shit, but come on....

Yes, they did bank on Kimbo, but they were also in talks with selling the rights to Strike Force at the time. Hence why a lot of the fighters are there now.

beggs_05
03-29-2009, 01:45 PM
if hyped up wwe wrestler can beat him, why cant a hyped up street fighter!!

Before simply referring to Lesnar as a "hyped up wwe wrestler," do some research. As far as comparing Lesnar to Kimbo, I think going 106-5 against top level NCAA wrestlers is quite a bit more respectable than winning street fights and posting the videos on Youtube. But that's just my two cents.

Wiry Pyruvity
03-29-2009, 01:48 PM
The Tank-Kimbo fight was marketable due to a fairly long history of bith sides bad-mouthing the other...hype before marketing machine takes over is a no-brainer...

-GOD OF GODS-
03-30-2009, 12:53 AM
KiMbo is a joke.

gettnbig
03-30-2009, 02:32 AM
Kimbo is all hype. Let him go fight that fat fuck Tank. Shit is getting scripted like the wwe.

Mr X
03-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Kimbo is all hype. Let him go fight that fat fuck Tank. Shit is getting scripted like the wwe.

what the hell are you talking about Kimbo already fought Tank last year. and ide like to see you call Tank a fat fuck to his face..i'm sick of Internet tough guys.

SpeciesMMA
03-31-2009, 02:21 PM
Tank will go down as one of my top ten favorite fighters...he is a true fighter, not giving a shit about when he gets called or who he is called to fight. Anywhere, anytime, anyone. Called from the barstool one night to fight the next.

Much Respect.