PDA

View Full Version : Jim Neidhart arrested....

~gymdiva~
09-06-2010, 12:13 AM
oy-vey....courtesy of pwinsider.com:

By Mike Johnson on 2010-09-05 22:02:48

Former WWF Tag Team champion (and father of current WWE Diva Natalya) Jim Neidhart was arrested earlier today and charged with two counts of possession of a controlled substance, two counts of trafficking in a controlled substance, one count of burglary of an occupied dwelling and one count of grand theft.
Neidhart, 58, was arrested this morning in Thonotosassa, Florida after deputies were alerted to him being loud and yelling as the former Hart Foundation member attempted to open a pill bottle while pumping gas in a gas station parking lot located at 3100 Flethcher Avenue.

Neidhart was argumentative with the authorities, leading to them patting him down and finding 28 methodone tablets and 95 oxycotin pills. Several pill bottles in Neidhart's possession were belonging to neighbors who had recently reported them stolen.

Neidhart, who was listed as a self employed entertainer on his arrest record, is currently being held without bond pending his first appearance before a judge. Due to the Labor Day holiday, he will likely not be seen before Tuesday.

The arrest has already been picked up by the local FOX affiliate in Tampa. The affiliate is reporting that some of the alleged theft victims knew Neidhart but had not given him permission to take their prescription medication.

Nationally, Neidhart was last seen defeating Jay Lethal several months back on a TNA Impact episode. He still occasionally works on the independent scene and makes regular convention appearances.

antonbrn
09-06-2010, 12:28 AM
It sounds like he had already taken several of the pills, by the time the police arrived.

Bona fide
09-06-2010, 09:13 AM
this is a good thing!..they might have saved this guys life. I hope he cleans up his act.

Goodfellas
09-06-2010, 09:38 AM
another sad wrestling story

spritz0
09-06-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm sure pain killers are responsible for much of wrestling deaths...

Sledge
09-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Jim the Anvil. Even I remember him. Tag team with Bret the hitman heart.

Goodfellas
09-06-2010, 11:32 AM
the hart foundation.

BigJD69
09-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Same old story with the Wrestlers.

Wh1teruss1an
09-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Same old story with the Wrestlers.

It's really sad. It's the same with former NFLers. My in-laws neighbor played in the league for 9 years in the 80's and he said he takes an insane amount of pain pills, he listed them all off it was quite the list. I couldn't imagine having to rob your neighbors, like the article said of Neidhart, to get your fix. Tragic.

Wrex
09-06-2010, 01:06 PM
Heres an idea for old wrestlers who are at the end of their career, making a few hundred bucks for indie appearances, and blew all the money they made when they were in the big leagues.......

GET A REAL JOB!

~gymdiva~
09-06-2010, 01:36 PM
and if they're all hopped up on pain meds they'd do that how? easier said than done....

Sledge
09-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Heres an idea for old wrestlers who are at the end of their career, making a few hundred bucks for indie appearances, and blew all the money they made when they were in the big leagues.......

GET A REAL JOB!

Yeah their resume sets them up for some choice positions. Make for a great interview.

Soooo Mr.......um.......Steamboat is it?
Ok, Mr Steamboat says here you were intercontinental champion.
Which continents are we talking about?
Oh, All of them you say, but you can't name them. Hmmmm.
As relevant skills you have put flying cross body.
And how exactly does this make you suited to a career in food service.
Ahhhh I see
Well thank you for coming in Mr Steamboat, Well contact your references Mr J Y Dog and Mr C M Punk and get back to you.

No no, thank you we'll call you if your successful with your application.

Wrex
09-06-2010, 01:56 PM
lol
uhhh swallow your pride and get a entry level job? You can perform most of them on pain meds

~gymdiva~
09-06-2010, 01:59 PM
spoken like someone who has not tried to make that transition....

HammerStrength12
09-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Only slept a few hours last night so can't really focus - but when I first read this thread, I thought it said Jim Cornette arrested lol

Wrex
09-06-2010, 02:31 PM
spoken like someone who has not tried to make that transition....
Yeah thats true, I probably never will know what it feels like to be on top, and then have nothing.

I have seen first hand what happens to wrestlers who are in that position. Chris Kanyon was doing shows for the indie that I'm a part of for a few months, before he started showing signs of depression, then stopped showing up to bookings. A few weeks later he was found dead in his apartment. It was a suicide. A few weeks earlier I was talking to him about his big bump off the triple cage in WCW... he said it was the favorite moment of his career... So it is very sad what these guys go through... no health beneifits, no pention. Just a best of luck in your future endveours.

antonbrn
09-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Doesn't the anvil and his wife own a realestate business?

Goodfellas
09-06-2010, 06:53 PM
is jyd still alive?

Shooter
09-06-2010, 07:18 PM
is jyd still alive?

jyd died several years ago.

the anvil story is sad. I lived in Calgary Alberta where the Hart's are from, and worked at a bar that a bunch of the wrestler's that trained there used to hang at, also saw them occasionally at a couple of gyms in the area, although they were on the road lots so that wasn't too often.

Most were great guys, but truth is if you have seen them the stories of pain killer abuse don't surprise you at all, not one bit. Brett Hart and Owen were super good guys, very down to earth, but I think the nicest and chillest one was Chris Benoit. Every time I think of that whole scene, I remember him and how things turned out, I can't believe the same guy I knew wound up going off the deep end like he did.

BTW Anvil was ok to me, but he was a dick to most, and his daughter was a typical bar 'ho. One of the few wrestlers I would say anything bad about.

Sledge
09-07-2010, 09:18 AM
jyd died several years ago.

the anvil story is sad. I lived in Calgary Alberta where the Hart's are from, and worked at a bar that a bunch of the wrestler's that trained there used to hang at, also saw them occasionally at a couple of gyms in the area, although they were on the road lots so that wasn't too often.

Most were great guys, but truth is if you have seen them the stories of pain killer abuse don't surprise you at all, not one bit. Brett Hart and Owen were super good guys, very down to earth, but I think the nicest and chillest one was Chris Benoit. Every time I think of that whole scene, I remember him and how things turned out, I can't believe the same guy I knew wound up going off the deep end like he did.

BTW Anvil was ok to me, but he was a dick to most, and his daughter was a typical bar 'ho. One of the few wrestlers I would say anything bad about.

Hey I used to work at Mistys and the French Maid in the late 80s early 90s. The wrestlers used to be in there all the time. Some of those guys were just fucked up 90% of the time.

~gymdiva~
09-08-2010, 01:11 PM
By Mike Johnson on 2010-09-08 11:32:13

In the wake of his arrest over the Labor Day weekend, WWE's website has removed Jim Neidhart from their Alumni section.
Jenni Neidhart, Jim's oldest daughter, told the Calgary Herald that his arrest was a "call for help." In the same piece, Ross Hart noted that Neidhart had gone through two rehabs paid for by WWE in recent years.

Neidhart is still incarcerated as of this writing.

atomicplayboy3000
09-08-2010, 11:36 PM
Yeah their resume sets them up for some choice positions. Make for a great interview.

Soooo Mr.......um.......Steamboat is it?
Ok, Mr Steamboat says here you were intercontinental champion.
Which continents are we talking about?
Oh, All of them you say, but you can't name them. Hmmmm.
As relevant skills you have put flying cross body.
And how exactly does this make you suited to a career in food service.
Ahhhh I see
Well thank you for coming in Mr Steamboat, Well contact your references Mr J Y Dog and Mr C M Punk and get back to you.

No no, thank you we'll call you if your successful with your application.

this made me chuckle but is quite mean - Steamboat is that rarity in pro wrestling: a class act