PDA

View Full Version : NABBA Natural???

Outlaw53
03-18-2009, 10:03 PM
Since when has NABBA been a natural federation?
I'm not sure about the rest of the world, but down here in Australia NABBA is anything but natural - in fact you could say it's the complete opposite!

I have never heard of any NABBA shows being called natural.
Even their WFF section is a non-tested show, even though they wrongly promote it as the 'natural choice', no WFF shows are ever tested at the World titles or here in Oz.

Maybe it's different in the US?

Sledge
03-25-2009, 09:52 AM
I was just about to post the same thing. I think it comes from the crap that NABBA dribble in the US about being natural.

mdvsony
03-25-2009, 06:11 PM
LoL.....last guy who competed from my gym who did NABBA was not natural lol

he openly admits it, more power to him.

Tatyana
03-25-2009, 06:33 PM
It isn't natural in the UK either.

SallyAnne
03-25-2009, 06:47 PM
fixed

Outlaw53
03-25-2009, 09:00 PM
fixed
Nice work baby.
I think the NABBA competitors would be pretty upset to be called natural! :p

Yoshe
03-26-2009, 09:17 PM
around my area (pennsylvania), all of the local NABBA shows are tested and advertised at natty.

SallyAnne
03-26-2009, 11:07 PM
around my area (pennsylvania), all of the local NABBA shows are tested and advertised at natty.

Yeah - the US NABBA is natty.

zander
03-27-2009, 02:36 AM
well , best not go over there and do a comp then lol :P

Outlaw53
03-30-2009, 12:30 AM
Seriously, well I didn't know that.
Must make it pretty tough if you want to compete Internationally.

Very unusual - there is no drug policy at any other NABBA shows to the best of my knowledge.

Sharp Curves
03-30-2009, 05:16 AM
LOL I think the confusion comes when people mistake NABBA as Natural Amateur Bodybuilding Association when it'a actually National Amateur Bodybuilding Association.

Here'a some history for you... http://www.worldfitnessfederation.de/nabba/frame1/na_int4.html

Sledge
03-30-2009, 06:34 AM
From NABBA USA Rules

D. Drug Tested Events: Requirements and Procedures:
NABBA USA will conduct the most stringent and extensive drug testing analyses available at all natural events. All athletes must submit to a urinalysis test for each contest entered. A polygraph test may also be performed. Test results must prove negative. All athletes must be from all anabolic steroids, growth hormones, prescription diuretics, muscle implants, or other physique enhancing drugs for a three year period prior to the specific contest date. Masking substance which might be used with the intention of passing a polygraph test or urinalysis will not be permitted and will be included in the screening. Athletes competing in drug test events are required to sign a waiver and disclaimer, and to pay for the testing which is usually an additional $50.00. For additional information, refer to page 7 and 25A-B (http://www.nabba.com/rules.cfm#e) of the GUIDEBOOK.

swingslammer
03-30-2009, 06:43 AM
Oh come on the NABBA is completely natural....why I remember when Brad Hollanbach was competing for the USA of the NABBA......his arms are all natural....Right?

miss figure
04-01-2009, 04:52 AM
i never really understood this either, only in the US is NABBA a drug tested show

xx

HOOPIE
04-16-2009, 10:59 PM
I know a NABBA promoter and was talking to him about this a couple years ago at a show. He said that its up to the promoter if the show is going to be natural or not. His 2 shows that he promoted were not natural shows...I still didnt do to bad in them.

nabba65pp
04-19-2009, 09:45 AM
They have tested and non tested shows.

Sledge
04-19-2009, 09:47 AM
I know a NABBA promoter and was talking to him about this a couple years ago at a show. He said that its up to the promoter if the show is going to be natural or not. His 2 shows that he promoted were not natural shows...I still didnt do to bad in them.

They have tested and non tested shows.

Thats only in the US though right?

nitro
04-20-2009, 03:50 PM
nabba is about natural as Outlaw's pony tail

dublin-lifter
05-21-2009, 03:36 PM
saw on fox sports there a few days ago that drug testers showed up to a nabba show in belgium but i dont think the competitors knew cause it said most of them refused to take it and walked off so they had to cancel the show
fuckin drug testers ruinin everyones fun