PDA

View Full Version : Do you count fibre in the Palumbo diet?

ving
03-18-2009, 10:55 PM
I'm been working out the numbers for the diet as prescribed, but do I need to count the fiber contained in a Fiber supplement (e.g. Metamucil, Fiberlyze etc.) towards the carb total? Thank you.

maximusmac
03-18-2009, 11:36 PM
In my understanding of the diet yes Fiber is very important, but the problem I see in the products you list would be Sugar, I know metamucil has a sugar-free, but it Does not have Insoluble fiber it has only Soluble while Fiberlyze has both. the Insolube part is very important in moving the shit out no pun intended. now with counting fiber it has 0 net carbs so the numbers should not mater.

thepump
03-19-2009, 11:24 AM
check out Dave's Fiberlyze. He has some great supps.

CallofDuty4
08-20-2009, 09:33 AM
go with fiberliyze DPS has a good price on it

DAVIDHARDY
08-20-2009, 10:42 AM
You don't count fiber in any diet. It passes right through. For example, mac nuts have 4 carbs and 2 fiber per ounce. You take the fiber and subtract it to get the net carbs, which would be 2, only 8 calories vs. 16. I like to add some p husk to my shakes to thicken them up and keep me full. I haven't looked into insoluble fiber, so I can't make a recommendation for that. P husk cost about 7 bucks for 12 ounces at vitaminshoppe and that'll last you a long time.

Palumbos Boy
08-31-2009, 03:57 AM
I'm been working out the numbers for the diet as prescribed, but do I need to count the fiber contained in a Fiber supplement (e.g. Metamucil, Fiberlyze etc.) towards the carb total? Thank you.

Fibre is unabsorbable carbs so they don't count as part of a carb count