PDA

View Full Version : My Trip Back In The Gym

DanicaFan
09-13-2010, 09:05 AM
Well after about 6 weeks out of the gym, Im going to give it a try today. As some of you know, Im suffering from medial epicondylitis or golfers elbow. I have had a cortizone shot, took and taking anti-inflammatory medice. I have also done stretches & exercises along with icing the elbow. Im hoping for no pain.

Ive got most of my supplements ready to go..

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/supplements.jpg

Whey Protein - post workout & protein recipes
Quake 10.0 - pre-workout drink, this stuff is awesome! Great energy, no jitters
Xtend (blue raspberry) BCAA's - great taste - pre/during/post workout drink
Primaforce Cissus - for my joints
ISS Research multi-vitamins (not pictured sorry)
Extra Vitamin C
On order is Primaforce CreaForm (creatine)
Oh, and of course, lots of food!
My workout will be 4 days a week Mon/Tues -Wed Off - Thurs/Fri - Sat & Sun-off

I will start off using the pull / legs / push routine.

I will go easy and let you all know if I have any pain or not.

joedemarco
09-13-2010, 10:11 AM
Just curious why the golfers elbow had you out so long? No way to work around it in some type of capacity? Leg days? Did your doc advise you to stay out of the gym completely?

Down4whatever
09-13-2010, 10:21 AM
Just curious why the golfers elbow had you out so long? No way to work around it in some type of capacity? Leg days? Did your doc advise you to stay out of the gym completely?

I was wondering the same thing. I suffered from that for about 7 months in 2009; had to avoid curls, and many rowing movements so I just focused on legs.

Plan looks good!

rcp1936
09-13-2010, 12:52 PM
Well after about 6 weeks out of the gym, Im going to give it a try today. As some of you know, Im suffering from medial epicondylitis or golfers elbow. I have had a cortizone shot, took and taking anti-inflammatory medice. I have also done stretches & exercises along with icing the elbow. Im hoping for no pain.

Ive got most of my supplements ready to go..

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/supplements.jpg

Whey Protein - post workout & protein recipes
Quake 10.0 - pre-workout drink, this stuff is awesome! Great energy, no jitters
Xtend (blue raspberry) BCAA's - great taste - pre/during/post workout drink
Primaforce Cissus - for my joints
ISS Research multi-vitamins (not pictured sorry)
Extra Vitamin C
On order is Primaforce CreaForm (creatine)
Oh, and of course, lots of food!
My workout will be 4 days a week Mon/Tues -Wed Off - Thurs/Fri - Sat & Sun-off

I will start off using the pull / legs / push routine.

I will go easy and let you all know if I have any pain or not.
Avoid curls and lat pulldowns with palms facing you

Get an elbow strap and pull it tight as you can just before any set on exercises that may just aggravate it --release as soon as the set is done

Ice down as soon as possible

DanicaFan
09-13-2010, 02:50 PM

I took my doctor's advice. She said to take a couple weeks off from doing anything. I took a little longer because Im hoping its pretty much healed up completely.

Yes, I will wear an elbow strap. It has an air cushion for compression to put on the exact tendon. Plenty of warm-up and yes, ice afterwards.

today's workout will be..

chest/shoulders/tris

DanicaFan
09-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Well, I had a good workout. No elbow pain! I did take it light though. I am icing the elbow as I type this.

Workout today was..

Flat DB Bench
Incline DB Bench
Standing Military Press
Close-Grip Bench
Tricep Pushdowns

Gerb
09-13-2010, 05:50 PM
why are you keeping duplicate journals? it's cool and all, just kinda funny, cause it is the same.

DanicaFan
09-13-2010, 05:59 PM
why are you keeping duplicate journals? it's cool and all, just kinda funny, cause it is the same.

I PM'd a mod to delete the one or merge it with this one. I will be updating this one from now on.

Could a mod please merge the 2 or delete the other thread for me ? Thanks.

DanicaFan
09-14-2010, 04:11 PM
Well, my 2nd day down and good to go still. No elbow pain. I went light again. My workout was:

Bent over rows
pulldowns - wide grip
pulldowns - close grip (v-bar)
DB curls
Incline DB curls

Drank my Xtend thru my workout. I like to call it... Anabolic Kool-Aid.;)

DanicaFan
09-16-2010, 04:35 AM
Well, Wednesday was my rest day. Man, after 2 days I am sore. A good sore, but sore none the less. It sucks being away so long.

Today is leg day so it will be rough.

DUKE56
09-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Love the pain

DanicaFan
09-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Had a good leg day..

Squats
Leg Press
Lunges
Leg Curls
Calf Raises (21's)

Felt nauseas (spelling unsure) so I know it was a good leg workout. Walked out of the gym jelly legged...lol