PDA

View Full Version : Who or what is your inspiration?

thepump
03-19-2009, 11:31 AM
Arnold

the mighty stu
03-19-2009, 01:14 PM
Yates b/c he was just a beast, and Menter and Ken Waller b/c I would love to emulate that sort of physique
(and of course we all love Arnold!)

S

GatorPump
03-19-2009, 03:59 PM
Yates b/c he was just a beast, and Menter and Ken Waller b/c I would love to emulate that sort of physique
(and of course we all love Arnold!)

S

It's nice to see another Arnold supporter. He gets some flack around here.

Foreman_Rules
03-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Who else is there?

Arnold is God.

MichaelWayne
03-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Triple H was one of the main reason I started lifting, plus Arnold and Louie helped.

Mongdog
03-19-2009, 04:12 PM
I gotta say Arnie when I was just a little fuck. Anyone that i feel looks better than me right now.

Mongdog
03-19-2009, 04:19 PM
^ That is my who. My other is my dog Mong. I rescued him from dog fighting. Most his face is paralized, has no use of his tongue (just hangs out his mouth), Had to get his trechea patched up. He pulled through like he did not even know that he was jacked up. And is going strong and brave 2 years later. That is grit to me.:bowdown:

thepump
03-19-2009, 04:34 PM
thanks all of my rx hardcore posters. to speak the spark that got you pumping. to speak great of arnold as he was your sparks.. he was mine.

to arnold and rx and all the other spark lighters :bowdown:we sooooooooooolute

Klaus Urine
03-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Adam McVey is my inspiration.

Voland
03-19-2009, 05:45 PM
The stongman dudes i watched on tv when i was a kid: Magnus and all the others.

trap
03-23-2009, 01:23 PM
for me Michael Jordan...He could jump,was fast,move like a wild cat.
..so it's always hard for me couse sometimes a get to much muscle for basketball and when i cut it i'm nobody in the gym.

bigtimektz
03-23-2009, 03:37 PM

Lil Aronold?

Strikerrjones
03-23-2009, 06:57 PM
Who else is there?

Arnold is God.

Geez, Arnold is just destroying Frank and Lou right there.

bigdaddyd
03-23-2009, 07:09 PM
My kids are my inspiration. Anyone that knows me has heard me say a million times....My kids are going to have hero's; why can't that hero be me?!

thepump
03-23-2009, 11:08 PM
Geez, Arnold is just destroying Frank and Lou right there.

for sure (bump)

Ninja Loco
03-23-2009, 11:51 PM
This is going to sound so cliche.... but nothing, absolutely nothing inspires me like the guy in the mirror. No, Im not talking about me, per se'..... I'm not narcissist, egotistical, or conceited..... I'm simply talking about the image that I see in the mirror that changes almost on a daily basis. I work hard...... I'm a very hard gainer....... and when I see the fruits of my labor, not just every once in a while, but pretty much constant (even though they are not dramatic changes, that is impossible) it makes me happy with myself. And that inspires me to continue harder the next day than I did before.

Sometimes things don't go right..... that is to be expected. But at those times I remember what I had accomplished to that point and any disappointment over something that I knew i could not control because I do not cheat myself, ever, is instantly gone. A slip could be due to many things, one is age (I'm 43 for), another is just daily life. But in remembering what I am capable of accomplishing, I return to my centered self and keep plugging away, knowing that the next time I look in the mirror will be better, even if it's only something I can see.

Valkyrie
03-24-2009, 01:48 PM
Getting to the gym 'one more time'...and doing all the stuff the doctors didn't think I would do again. I love proving them wrong. :D

BigPablo300
03-24-2009, 04:02 PM

Adam McVey is the man!

juggernaut1987
03-29-2009, 01:58 PM
arnold, levrone, and before hitting up the gym i always get pumped watching videos of victor martinez or ronnie coleman theyre beasts!
and of course seeing results in the mirror is always a great inspiration to keep going

Sledge
03-29-2009, 02:37 PM
This is going to sound so cliche.... but nothing, absolutely nothing inspires me like the guy in the mirror. No, Im not talking about me, per se'..... I'm not narcissist, egotistical, or conceited..... I'm simply talking about the image that I see in the mirror that changes almost on a daily basis. I work hard...... I'm a very hard gainer....... and when I see the fruits of my labor, not just every once in a while, but pretty much constant (even though they are not dramatic changes, that is impossible) it makes me happy with myself. And that inspires me to continue harder the next day than I did before.

Sometimes things don't go right..... that is to be expected. But at those times I remember what I had accomplished to that point and any disappointment over something that I knew i could not control because I do not cheat myself, ever, is instantly gone. A slip could be due to many things, one is age (I'm 43 for), another is just daily life. But in remembering what I am capable of accomplishing, I return to my centered self and keep plugging away, knowing that the next time I look in the mirror will be better, even if it's only something I can see.

Good post I agree.

Larry C
03-30-2009, 06:37 AM
Arnold, Franco, Bruce Lee and Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Big Al
03-30-2009, 01:09 PM
Arnold in the beginning, now - Ruehl, Wolf, Jay and Ronnie. Any video of them before hitting the gym is really inspirational and motivational.

BrandonBass
04-04-2009, 03:46 PM
Stan "the man" McQuay

th_vai
04-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Kevin "M3" Levrone :D

thesamewords
04-06-2009, 09:42 PM
I love Arnold and Ronnie but my reason for getting in shape was the Muthaf@#$in "X-man" Tony Freeman! Life is different when you are six feet or taller!

TheNatural
06-19-2009, 06:50 PM
OVerall its arnold, but my inspiration changes day to day. when i saw dr dre on the vmas a few yrs back i was like damn i wanna get huge traps like dre! it really depends on where im at and how much time i have training. right now i just want fuller arms and bigger traps. i did want to attain stan mcquay's body but i heard he's not natural anymore. kind of a letdown.

TheNatural
06-19-2009, 06:51 PM
arnold, levrone, and before hitting up the gym i always get pumped watching videos of victor martinez or ronnie coleman theyre beasts!
and of course seeing results in the mirror is always a great inspiration to keep going

yeah i'll youtube some coleman and pumping iron before i hit the gym...

andreag
06-29-2009, 12:32 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a142/fruitygirrl/Mom_BBuilding.jpg

MY MOMMY!!! :D
she used to compete in bodybuilding back in the days.
her & i used to train together when i would get out of high school. then i started going to all her shows. before you knew it...she was going to all the shows with me. i thank her for raising me to be active and always eating healthy.
moms rock!!! :bowdown:

Mudpro69
06-29-2009, 12:37 PM
Brad Pitt (fight club).....

schullax
07-20-2009, 07:37 PM
melissa coates, cory everson, jamie eason, andrulla blanchette, christiane lamy, monica brant, amber deluca, christine roth, etc.. and of course arnold! when i was a kid, i wanted to marry him. lol!

Irish
07-21-2009, 10:18 AM
BA Baracus in the A-Team knockin fools out and throwin people through windows really made an impact on me as a child as well as the He-Man cartoons. Now its Branch, Kai, Ronnie, Pudzanowski and Samuelson

exit2010
07-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Gary Strydom, Matt Mendehall, and Mike Francois

MacFlashGordon
07-31-2009, 08:20 PM

Spot on mate. Understood.

MacFlashGordon
07-31-2009, 08:26 PM
BA Baracus in the A-Team knockin fools out and throwin people through windows really made an impact on me as a child as well as the He-Man cartoons. Now its Branch, Kai, Ronnie, Pudzanowski and Samuelson

'knockin fools out' :D

"I ain't gettn on no plane!"

Brilliant. Love it. Mr T. Crazy fool. :)

Irish
07-31-2009, 09:43 PM
Mr. T is a legend, fact:)
YouTube - B.A. BARACUS! "Sucka"
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxbAPGRyGAM)

Trixter
08-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Markus Ruhl back in 2002

Arnoldnumerouno
08-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Who else?

Sledge
08-02-2009, 10:14 PM
The gym I used to go to had a good proportion of elderly persons training.

It never ceases to inspire me when I see a couple of blokes in there 70's training hard and having a great time doing it. Or the woman in her late 60's who is in there every day doing the circuit with perfect form.

Makes me think what the fuck am I complaining about. When I'm 70 and still deadlifting I can complain about my sore knees. Until then shut the fuck up and train.

Trixter
08-02-2009, 10:17 PM
This guy was at a show a couple weeks ago. First time they'd had a Masters 60+. Without any other introduction, the crowd went nuts when they saw him. Talk about leaving no excuses for the rest of us!

Shariff Abel
08-02-2009, 11:38 PM
gustavo badell & Superstar Günter Schlierkamp

DCHMUSCLE88
08-03-2009, 01:30 AM
Kevin Levrone

Rymdkaviar
08-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Everyone that has improved their body from whatever genetic foundation they had to start with is in a way inspiration to me.

figgy
10-04-2009, 08:06 PM
my family and old friends

nobody in my family works out...they actually have never stepped foot in a gym. they make fun of me for taking my diet and workouts so seriously. they hate that i am a figure competitor..they think i'm trying to prove something to someone and that i have an eating disorder..they think that im a sex symbol since women wear next to nothing on stage. ...that i'm provocative in a posing suit.

as for my old friends...most are in prison or are tweakers.

i just think: i am making something out of myself....AND my teeth arent rotten! lol :)

SizZ
10-28-2009, 03:18 PM
my family and old friends

nobody in my family works out...they actually have never stepped foot in a gym. they make fun of me for taking my diet and workouts so seriously. they hate that i am a figure competitor..they think i'm trying to prove something to someone and that i have an eating disorder..they think that im a sex symbol since women wear next to nothing on stage. ...that i'm provocative in a posing suit.

as for my old friends...most are in prison or are tweakers.

i just think: i am making something out of myself....AND my teeth arent rotten! lol :)

very cool inspiration! Nothing like daily reminders of what not to do. You love em but definitely dont want to take the same route. Awesome.

Fish
10-30-2009, 03:41 PM
ok that is wonderful but i saw Lou before Arnold in the hulk and thats when i wanted to start.

juggernaut
10-31-2009, 12:54 AM
anybody who has terrible genetics, is obese and really change themselves to where we are..or people who overcome adversity either economically, socially or have to do battle with daily inner demons.

Bacon Boy
10-31-2009, 11:57 PM
Everyone I see on a daily basis, and the potential future I have... I am not trying say look how awesome I am, but I am the only "true bodybuilder" in my area (as in I diet for shows, have posing trunks, know how to pose correctly).

I am the only bodybuilder people know at my gym so they really really support me and ask constantly how plans are going, when my show is, the gym staff uses me as a selling point to touring members: thats Jon he's a competing bodybuilder hes getting ready to do a show..., they let me walk in without scanning a pass, stay late after hours, bring in training partners with out paying anything, etc.

My number one fan aka mom and dad who kick me in the morning into the floor and tell me to get on the treadmill, or when I almost pulled out of my show for financial reasons Mom ran out to the mail lady and had dropped my entry form into the mail, and said do the fucking show, when you win that trophy it will be our new wall decoration...

My friends at different schools calling me up @ 2:30 am drunk telling me how they know why I am not there and how I am going to win my show cause I look "grosser" than Vin Diesel without skin..

Everyone who is on my thread, blog, Youtube, Facebook, and everyone @ team FST-7

These people are counting on me to do well and I can't let them down I am not training for me, I am way beyond that this is for everyone else who knows how hard I am working and how many things I have over came, I cant and wont fail them! That is my motivation...:yep:

juggernaut
11-01-2009, 12:00 AM
good motivators, good friends, good family. You're a lucky guy. Dont disappoint them!

Sledge
11-01-2009, 06:24 AM
Your a lucky guy. And it's great to see you acknowledging all those people.

Can't remember who said it. But even though their is only one person up on stage bodybuilding is a team sport.

Everyone I see on a daily basis, and the potential future I have... I am not trying say look how awesome I am, but I am the only "true bodybuilder" in my area (as in I diet for shows, have posing trunks, know how to pose correctly).

I am the only bodybuilder people know at my gym so they really really support me and ask constantly how plans are going, when my show is, the gym staff uses me as a selling point to touring members: thats Jon he's a competing bodybuilder hes getting ready to do a show..., they let me walk in without scanning a pass, stay late after hours, bring in training partners with out paying anything, etc.

My number one fan aka mom and dad who kick me in the morning into the floor and tell me to get on the treadmill, or when I almost pulled out of my show for financial reasons Mom ran out to the mail lady and had dropped my entry form into the mail, and said do the fucking show, when you win that trophy it will be our new wall decoration...

My friends at different schools calling me up @ 2:30 am drunk telling me how they know why I am not there and how I am going to win my show cause I look "grosser" than Vin Diesel without skin..

Everyone who is on my thread, blog, Youtube, Facebook, and everyone @ team FST-7

These people are counting on me to do well and I can't let them down I am not training for me, I am way beyond that this is for everyone else who knows how hard I am working and how many things I have over came, I cant and wont fail them! That is my motivation...:yep:

Bacon Boy
11-01-2009, 08:32 AM
Your a lucky guy. And it's great to see you acknowledging all those people.

Can't remember who said it. But even though their is only one person up on stage bodybuilding is a team sport.

Thanks Sledge although no one locally can make it to the show, as long as the blackberry has juice it will be like they are at the show with me!

And its going to be pretty damn cool that some guys from the boards are going to be there too, bigdaddyd is going to try and make the drive just to come and yell "YEah Bacon" (no Schmoe) so I feel like I owe it to them to give them best package possible which is why I am typing this on the damn treadmill right now!:yep:

stugots_
11-01-2009, 08:35 AM
Kevin Levrone!!

juggernaut
11-01-2009, 08:49 AM
Kevin Levrone!!yeah, because he's had such adversity and really gives a shit about you personally, right? think a little harder before putting a post like that up.

juggernaut
11-01-2009, 08:53 AM
Thanks Sledge although no one locally can make it to the show, as long as the blackberry has juice it will be like they are at the show with me!

And its going to be pretty damn cool that some guys from the boards are going to be there too, bigdaddyd is going to try and make the drive just to come and yell "YEah Bacon" (no Schmoe) so I feel like I owe it to them to give them best package possible which is why I am typing this on the damn treadmill right now!:yep:keep us posted, the feeling the day of a show is a friggin rush that cant be beat. The day of any show that I did, my brother calls me and psyches me up to a point where I can eat bricks and mortar for breakfast. It's a gift only my bro has. In fact, i wanna compete right now thinking of his calls!! Maybe in the near future!

juggernaut
11-01-2009, 10:13 AM
Something that inspires me is that I have a former student at 21 who is battling cancer and losing but refuses to give up. She has a hat she wears that says "fuck cancer". This kid made such an impact on me, and now she is fighting a battle that she knows she wants to win. Everything else in life is cake. So, when i feel like I dont want to train, I remember her, and know that she is fighting and knows the odds.

Bacon Boy
11-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Something that inspires me is that I have a former student at 21 who is battling cancer and losing but refuses to give up. She has a hat she wears that says "fuck cancer". This kid made such an impact on me, and now she is fighting a battle that she knows she wants to win. Everything else in life is cake. So, when i feel like I dont want to train, I remember her, and know that she is fighting and knows the odds.

Hell yeah Jugg!

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
11-01-2009, 10:53 AM
My man.......he has taught me so much about the fitness world. He knows what i've been through and where I'm going and how much I have changed.

fatbackgoal
11-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Like a couple of others I would say my family. I want them to know that they have someone who wants to make sure I can take care of them and be in good shape. I want my wife to have someone she is proud to be with. I want to give my kids the example of taking care of yourself and applying yourself will get you the results you want.

I am also inspired by the tall bodybuilders and the drive to be a 6'5" natural who has mass and conditioning!!

juggernaut
11-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Be happy with yourself first.

Admiral Johnson
11-09-2009, 01:42 AM
John.......CENA haha; And Stallone

antonbrn
11-09-2009, 02:47 AM
Kurt Angle
He isn't too big, but is in very good shape for his age. Despite the injuries he's had, he had kept going and going. Oh yeah, he won a gold medal too!

EarlGreyuk
11-09-2009, 03:15 AM
For me not even a bodybuilder but when I was younger I watched this program called Dragonball Z. It opened my eyes to physiques, I know they were drawn, but they were so different to all the other cartoons bodies. I think deep down thats probably where it all started.

Duaneo
01-21-2010, 04:34 PM
For me:
As a kid my inspiration came from:
Bruce Lee, Muhammad Ali, Arnie, Dolph, Stallone
the great physiques of my childhood.
Last few years Marius Pudzianowski from WSM and batista from WWE

But being a comic book fan, I was seeing superman, thor, Batman and the Hulk in print.......I still wanna be the Hulk when I grow up.

ggreene
01-27-2010, 07:42 PM
My inspiration for bodybuilding is Kevin Levrone for sure. I have cystic fibrosis (lung disease) and when i was going through the hardest shit of my life, i wrote kevin and got feedback from him on how to keep positive. He actually gave me credit for everything that i go through on a daily basis, and i use that as a personal tool to keep myself going strong.

drewjoey
01-27-2010, 10:43 PM
INSPIRATION. How was I inspired over all these years? Most people think exercise is boring, painful and unnecessary (going to die anyways). In my college days, I was easily inspired because there was an entire staff to do just that, to direct and inspire. I have noticed that many school athletes stop training once they get away from organized sports and usually lose their good condition.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________
I would rather be adorned by beauty of character than diamond rings (http://www.rokstok.com/rings.php). Diamond engagement rings (http://www.rokstok.com/) are the gift of fortune, while character comes from within.

McLaug
01-30-2010, 01:01 PM
All the old Reg Park- and Steeve Reeves - Movies

s2h
01-31-2010, 09:54 PM
Branch Warren just when i think i dont want too train or cant get another rep or set in i think of Branch pounding the iron at Metroflex videos and i get a remotivation!!!!