PDA

View Full Version : transformation from fatty to not such a fatty

d3track
09-28-2010, 09:19 PM
http://16weekcountdown.blogspot.com/2010/09/before-and-after.html

I know I am really late in sharing these, but just a few shots of my diet process. I started out at 242, and was on stage at 181.

I easily should have been closer to 175 on stage, but I learned a lot about my body, and when I compete again, I think I will work with someone, I had trouble with my water, and I found out that I needed to start my carb up process later, but with a bigger/higher carb meal the night before.

Like the stereotype, I looked harder, more vascular the next day after having a big post-show meal.

I really think I will do another show, almost strictly because I want to get on stage in better condition to see just how I might look.

NATURAL-1987
09-28-2010, 11:33 PM
Congrats That is all the reason to do another show buddy. You can definately improve on conditioning and WILL do it.

d3track
10-01-2010, 11:18 PM
quick question
I saw guys using superpump 250 before prejudging, I kind of get it, but could that posibly lead to water problems?
Anyone ever done that?

THEVMAN
10-06-2010, 11:00 AM
NO before hand can help - I use an NO supplement - but take about 10oz of water with it. It is of limited help because you are so depleted with low water - but never had a problem with it - other than limited ability to pump up -

d3track
10-12-2010, 09:24 PM
thanks, I thought the limited water might make using that sup pumping up before the show a waste

miamibodybuilder
02-15-2011, 02:42 PM
sup everyone, well i just wanted to throw in my opinion on here when it comes to the whole carb load and water reduction process. in my opinion the best thing you can do is nothing, keep everything the way it is and dont mess with it. if it aint broke dont fix it, i tried that my last show and i looked like a marshmallow from all the water i retained messing with the prep the last week. my opinion is to keep your carbs low to moderate and just increase them slightly during the week wednesday being your highest day and then bringing them back down thursday and friday. now as far as water goes i dont cut that out until i go to bed the friday night before and then thats it for the water until after the prejudging when i just sip on some afterwards. i mean you're drinking gallons and gallons of water the weeks prior to the show and you're already shredded so i wouldnt do anything DRASTIC to mess with your body. also i read an article from dorian and it makes perfect sense, i'd rather look a bit flat on stage and still be able to see striations then to spill over and not be able to even see a single fiber when you flex. but again thats just my 2cents.

miamibodybuilder
02-15-2011, 02:50 PM
sup everyone, well i just wanted to throw in my opinion on here when it comes to the whole carb load and water reduction process. in my opinion the best thing you can do is nothing, keep everything the way it is and dont mess with it. if it aint broke dont fix it, i tried that my last show and i looked like a marshmallow from all the water i retained messing with the prep the last week. my opinion is to keep your carbs low to moderate and just increase them slightly during the week wednesday being your highest day and then bringing them back down thursday and friday. now as far as water goes i dont cut that out until i go to bed the friday night before and then thats it for the water until after the prejudging when i just sip on some afterwards. i mean you're drinking gallons and gallons of water the weeks prior to the show and you're already shredded so i wouldnt do anything DRASTIC to mess with your body. also i read an article from dorian and it makes perfect sense, i'd rather look a bit flat on stage and still be able to see striations then to spill over and not be able to even see a single fiber when you flex. but again thats just my 2cents.

suman12
03-01-2011, 05:39 AM
My opinion is to keep your carbs low to moderate and just increase them slightly during the week and then bringing them back down.Use some bodybuilding tips (http://bodybuilding-tips.yourhealthorbit.com/) and workouts for fast muscle build (http://how-to-build-muscles-fast.yourhealthorbit.com/).

BigBA
04-09-2012, 04:14 PM
What was your cardio like to drop so much weight? I am in a very similar situation and want to compete. I was 248 i am now 202 but kinda stuck here.. i want to get to 185 190.. any advice? oh im 6'1'' BTW

JRob
04-09-2012, 07:01 PM
What is your current cardio at BigBA?

BigBA
04-13-2012, 10:31 AM
I do 40 minute walk during my lunch break at about 2pm. Then after work i lift from 7-8:30pm then 40 minutes either on stairmaster, ellyptical, or walk on treadmill at 4mph and incline... currently down been jumping btw 200lb and 202 recently kinda hit a wall in fat loss... think i may have to start fasted cardio before work...i hate fasted cardio makes me feel dead all day.. any advice guys? OP please chime in on what you did. Idk HOW TALL YOU ARE but i also started heavy at 248lb at 6'1'' now 202 roughly and cant burn off the lower back fat on my sides.. also been thinking of doing some cross fit and adding a fat burner to my stack