PDA

View Full Version : Fat loading before a show

Kolbe
03-20-2009, 04:11 AM
Like the titel says: Fat loading before a show.. How do you do it?
I've read tons about carb loading, but haven't been able to find anything about fat loading.
Please share how you do this the days up to a show, and on the day of the show. Especially coming from a keto diet http://www.siouxcountry.com/images/smilies/wink.gif
TIA

tammyp
03-20-2009, 06:05 AM
i dont do it, but steak, whole eggs, PB is a common fat load.

Allifit
03-20-2009, 08:06 AM
I wish I could offer up some tips here but I've never fat loaded....

however I'm REALLY interested to hear what people say in response to this...

fitcorps
03-20-2009, 08:48 AM
I know some people that have done this to an extreme.

Personally, what I like to do is carb load with mod-high carbs on Thursday then cut those in half Friday in my first 4-5 meals. In my last 2 meals I like to switch over to protein/fat sources. If I wake at night I will have a tbsp of almond butter.

On show day I will continue with mod protein/mod carbs for my first 2 meals before switching over to carbs/fat.

figurebre
06-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Steak, peanut butter, cheesecake...I guess you could do oils?

Melissa
06-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Dave uses fat loading for his female clients, and last year he started my fat-loading on Thursday before a Saturday show. Basically he had me doing the protein/fat days from his diet, which included some whole eggs, nuts, ground beef, and peanut butter. The premise behind this is that carbs tend to make women spill over, so the fat will allow you to fill out without that spill over. He uses all the same fat sources that you've used all along, though....no crappy foods (except for your post-pre judging meal). I thought it worked great for me....I was full but didn't smooth out in my glutes/hams like I tend to do with carbs.

orange peel
09-07-2009, 03:52 PM
great post-very helpful- i was wondering how fat loading worked- im thinkn that's gonna b the best route for me too :)