PDA

View Full Version : Let's See How I Change..Physically and Mentally!

figurehopefull
10-06-2010, 07:23 PM
:hugme:

Well, alright...I've never done a journal and I am not much of a public person...but I am fixing to go on the most amazing transformation ever, and I figured I would share here, too help keep me motivated and to see how others have gone through the journey and changes!!!

I start dieting this Saturday for a figure show! I am using the wonderful and amazing Dave for my prep!! He has done wonderful things for my husband and I am so stooked to see what he can do for me.

I have done one figure show so far!! It was in March of this year. My husband helped me with my prep, but I think it was myself that messed up. You never truely know how hard a show is until you do one. And the hardest demons to beat is your own!!! The "small" things I thought I could get away with ended up hurting me in the end...(cheating on diet) Also, my show was 9 months after my baby, so I didnt get as much time off to train as now, and I had more weight to lose than now.

So here we gooooooooo.....:pray:

figurehopefull
10-06-2010, 07:27 PM
A quick background....I have been there and done it so to say. I was the fat kid in middle school, the eating disorder in high school, and finally learned how to eat and workout at 22. I am 27 now, and I have to say, I am healthier than ever before. I still have little demons pop up every now and then telling me to eat the whole bag of oreos!!! :drool:

But, we are all capable of change, and we can all move on. So....lets move on and ROCK THAT FIGURE STAGE!!!!

figurehopefull
10-08-2010, 10:31 AM
:byeb:

Starting tomorrow, life will be different. A nice different. I eat your normal 6 meals a day during my so called "offseason".... but i might have 2 cheat meals a week. Time to say good bye to the sweet potatoes, oatmeal, and whole wheat bagels. AND HELLO LEANESS!!!!!

I am excited about starting my diet tomorrow, but I also know that life doesnt exactly work around your time frame. Especially with a 16 month old. Gonna have to smack myself every time I reach for a teddy graham, or teach her to tell her daddy if I do.

This show though, is for ME!! And only me. My husband doesnt care how I am, he loves me anyway. And this isnt to impress anyone. Its for me mentally and physically. I love to see the change that my body goes thru and how it gets better everytime! But its also to make my mental state stronger. To overcome the binges and guilt trips that follow. To overcome eating enough in one sitting to feed a family of 5. And then crying about it and not eating the rest of the day. This is to make me STRONGER, to have better will power, and to prove to MYSELF that I am stronger than the demons that try to drag me down.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
10-08-2010, 10:35 AM
:hola:

The Thinker
10-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Good luck!!!! I worked with Dave this year and had a great experience. I suggest you just focus on executing his plan and not deviate at all.

figurehopefull
10-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Good luck!!!! I worked with Dave this year and had a great experience. I suggest you just focus on executing his plan and not deviate at all.

Yeah, I am not going to change a thing!!! My husband has been working with Dave for 2 years now and has went thru amazing changes!!

tammyp
10-08-2010, 05:11 PM
welcome! glad to see a new journal here!

GENESIS
10-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Welcome to RX. Feel free to venture outside your own thread...

figurehopefull
10-09-2010, 01:14 PM
It's gooooo day!!! I know not to expect much until about a week into this. Thats when the hungry will begin. But I am excited to start!!!

The biggest thing I see right now being a problem is spacing my meals out. We own a gym, so we work like 13 hour days. I get up at 5:45 and go to bed at 10. I work from 8am to 9pm. Atleast I know I will have plenty of time to workout. And I know that I can stay busy with training people, teaching classes, cleaning the gym, doing the accounting, and taking care of a 16 month old all day!!!

figurehopefull
10-11-2010, 10:25 AM
Man, I had no idea that I would be this hungry already. LOL Talk about hunger pains already. Oh well, if you can't survive it then you don't need to do it!!!!!

Took my daughter to the circus yesterday. Me with my diet coke, her and everyone else with their popcorn and pretzles. I don't think I will be going anywhere for a while. Especially while I am dieting. To many temptations and to many times explaining to people why I can not eat what they are eating and then they still look at me funny. Not many people understand the whole diet thing.

Well back to normal life this week!! Its so much easier to diet when you are in your normal rountine!

figurehopefull
10-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Can't believe the first week is almost over! It really hasnt been too hard. One thing I have had to get used to, is not grabbing something to snack on whenever I want. Like it my daughter is eating some fruit loops, I cant snag a couple. Oh well, my choice, my sacrifice, my decision. Thats what I keep telling myself. I dont have to do this show, I choose too. And I choose to do this diet! I am going to make myself love it!

Sadly enough, I am getting excited for Friday morning so I can take my pictures and see how I have changed. I know it wont be a lot, but it keeps me motivated thinking about it. Its only been 5 days and I have already lost 7 pounds...water I am sure...but its a great start!!!

figurehopefull
10-16-2010, 02:20 PM
Yay!!!!! :yep:

One week down. LOL A million more to go. Lost 7 pounds first week which is awesome....but I know it wont be like that every week. 1-2 if I am lucky from here on out. First cheat meal tonight. Yum!!! Gonna make chicken and spanish rice cheese burritos with granola, blueberries, and yogurt for dessert. Sounds kind of healthy, but its not what I get to eat everyday and its what I want!!!

On to better things. This next week, lift heavier, focus on definition more, and continue to stay on track with diet! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

figurehopefull
10-18-2010, 09:33 AM
It is nice when you start to see changes!!! When you can move down a size in clothes and when you start to see a little definition, sure makes things more exciting!!

Enjoyed my first cheat meal! Chicken, cheese, spanish rice burritos!!! And yes a bowl of fruit loops for dessert. Weird, I know, but its what sounded good!! Funny thing, I figured I would put on atleast 2 pounds Sunday morning, but I actually LOST A POUND!!! huh...Bet that wont happen again.

Well, on to week 2!!!! It is definitly getting a little easier. Not really starving anymore. And no more headaches. This week should be a breeze.

figurehopefull
10-19-2010, 04:14 PM
OMG am I starving or what??? Seriously, I thought I would have atleast a month before I would really start getting hungry. About an hour after I eat I am already hungry for my next meal!!!! And I still have 2 and half hours to go!!! :angry:

It just kind of hit me yesterday. It is like my eating time cant get here fast enough....Oh well, keep downing the water. I am NOT GIVING IN!!! I will say I am very proud of myself....My niece's bday is today and I had her yesterday so I took her and my daughter to get cupcakes....My daughter is 16 months...so you know that means HUGE mess..Which of course leaves me sitting there with icing and cupcake all over my fingers and all I can do is run to the bathroom and wash my hands. Cause I know that it wouldnt have been one lick, it would have been a whole cupcake. LOL Oh well, like Ive said before, this is my choice and my decision. Telling myself that atleast gets me through the fact that I cant eat things.

figurehopefull
10-21-2010, 09:10 AM
Kind of crazy how the first week you diet you lose crazy weight...Like I lost 7 pounds. But the second week, wow what a change. I have only lost 1 pound so far. I still have 2 more days to go, but I will probably only lose 1-2 pounds. I guess that is the average. Probably why you have to diet for so long for a show. The slower you lose it the better, huh....

I am sure Dave will change something up this week, maybe...we shall see. As for now, on to back day with deadlifts, and some wonderful cardio!

stephaniewicked
10-22-2010, 09:54 AM
Hey girl, welcome to Rx! Sounds like you're on the right track... you have set clear goals for yourself and you're motivated by your own desire to succeed and not based on what anyone else thinks. Good luck... looking forward to following along!

figurehopefull
10-22-2010, 04:50 PM
Hey girl, welcome to Rx! Sounds like you're on the right track... you have set clear goals for yourself and you're motivated by your own desire to succeed and not based on what anyone else thinks. Good luck... looking forward to following along!

Thanks!!! I have never been one to do a journal or even a forum. I am slowly getting used to it and I am actually liking it and getting involved in other areas of this forum!! I was nervous at first cause I figured there would be a lot of jerks saying retarted things, but everyone has been really nice!

figurehopefull
10-22-2010, 04:53 PM
Week two in the books!! I still have all of my strength which is great, but I can tell that I am getting tired a lot faster. The diet has finally become a breeze. I no longer crave anything, but yes I am still hungry all the time!!! but I am getting used to it. Tomorrow morning starts a new week!!! 18 weeks out. I am glad I started at 20 weeks this time cause it gives me some lead way, and hopefully longer to keep the cheat meals in. LOL

2 pounds down this week. Makes 9 in 2 weeks!!! Awesomeness!!!!!

GENESIS
10-22-2010, 05:03 PM
Those two pounds a week should continue all the way up to the show. And as far as the energy goes, once your 100% into ketosis, that should straighten out as well. Keep at it!!!

figurehopefull
10-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Those two pounds a week should continue all the way up to the show. And as far as the energy goes, once your 100% into ketosis, that should straighten out as well. Keep at it!!!

How long does it actually take the body to get into ketosis?? I thought the cheat meal messed it up and it had to start all over again. LOL :hypno:

Also, I would be completely happy with 1-2 pounds cause I have 18 weeks and 21-25 pounds to go!!!!!

GENESIS
10-22-2010, 05:48 PM
How long does it actually take the body to get into ketosis?? I thought the cheat meal messed it up and it had to start all over again. LOL :hypno:

Also, I would be completely happy with 1-2 pounds cause I have 18 weeks and 21-25 pounds to go!!!!!

Me, personally, it was about 4 days. But the cheat meals if they were just that, ONE meal, by the time i woke up in the morning i would be back. It changes per person though...

figurehopefull
10-22-2010, 05:51 PM
Me, personally, it was about 4 days. But the cheat meals if they were just that, ONE meal, by the time i woke up in the morning i would be back. It changes per person though...

Oh ok...LOL I thought you were going to saying something like 3 weeks!!! I can usually tell when my body changes cause I will have my cheat meal Sat night, wake up starving to death Sunday morning, but by Sunday afternoon I feel like a million bucks until about Thursday, and that is when I start getting really hungry again. I think the reason I get so tired and out of energy is because I work 13 hour days, train about 5 people a day, teach 4 classes a week, and chase after a 16 month old all day in the process.

figurehopefull
10-25-2010, 09:33 AM
Alright alright!!! Monday morning....time to explode!!!!!

Decided to switch around my training this week to something new to shock my body. Also, instead of doing my cardio after my workout, I am now getting up at 5:10am instead of 6:00 so I can do it on an empty stomach. We will see if this helps, which hopefully it will.

Had a great weekend, and a wonderful cheat meal Sat night. I made home-made baked mac and cheese and chicken parm. It was awesome. I put on 2 pounds, but it was already gone this morning. So now I can focus on pressing forward and losing more this week!

figurehopefull
10-30-2010, 04:20 PM
With a sad end to a short journey....I am letting this journal end. :byeb:

With some personal issues that have come up, and some family finances, I am having to change some things in my life. I still have atleast 10 years left in me to compete so I am not too upset about the turn around. I love my family with all my heart and I will give up my right arm if I had too, to help support them. Hopefully by next summer, my husband and I will be back to competing. After Christmas, taxes for our business, and making sure our business is 110% stable!

But this is not goodbye!!! :yep: I am going to start another journal for my so called "offseason" LOL........