PDA

View Full Version : official intro

crazyndn
10-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Well guys here goes been on another forum for awhile and just a bunch of crap no real help. I'm not new to lifting I lifted in high school and college. But my dilemma now is I've let myselfd get so outta shape I'm tryin to get back for my family. I have good advice from a friend that trained with Joe Joyner and Bill Star back in the late seventies. My problem is supplements and different training styles. He's old school so kinda set in his way. Not looking to get into BB maybe powerliftin maybe lol. My stats incase anybody wants to know I'm 6'1" 300lbs have very broad shoulders and just a big dude all around don't carry the three hundred like most do mostly in my chest and shoulders. I max bench 285. Max squat at 375lbs. Anything else ya wanna know ask and ill answer. hints tips even words of encouragement would be appreciated. Thankyou

FATPANDA
10-17-2010, 11:44 AM
Just keep working and you are a very big dude stick with it bro.

coacher77
10-17-2010, 07:07 PM
Welcome. I am fairly new here myself. I can simpathize with your situation, it is similar to my own. I was a high school/college football player, strong, in shape, and very active and then life hit. I added about 45lbs and had about 35% bodyfat after college(over the coarse of a decade or so). In the last year I have dropped 65lbs of mostly fat. I am around 200lbs and down to about 17% bf. For me it was increased cardio and more sensible eating, cutting our most of the garbage. I still do not eat like a bodybuilder, but no more whole pizzas either. I weight train 3 days a week usually(I coach football and that can be difficult during season). I have really had to schedule my exercise just to find the time to get it in. If it is any encouragement I work full time, coach football, and I am doing grad school part time. Finding time is not easy, but I have found if I make it a priority it is possible.