PDA

View Full Version : off season

daywalker72
10-16-2010, 08:00 PM
I just competed in my first bb show 7 days ago. I had a contest guru help me prepare and i was very pleased with the results. This is my first real off season. We all know a contest prep coach can be very benificial. But what do yall think about hiring some one like Dave to help you with off season nutrition?

Timbo89
10-16-2010, 08:09 PM
I just competed in my first bb show 7 days ago. I had a contest guru help me prepare and i was very pleased with the results. This is my first real off season. We all know a contest prep coach can be very benificial. But what do yall think about hiring some one like Dave to help you with off season nutrition?

IMO, if we're talking about Dave in particular, then it's worth it. I think it's only an extra 350 to get him for the whole year. I think offseason nutrition is probably where most people fuck up.

For me personally, since i follow a high protein moderate carb, low fat contest diet, I just increase the serving size while keeping the ratios relatively about the same for my offseason. I do increase essential fats a bit more though.

daywalker72
10-16-2010, 08:53 PM
i think ill do it
I dont want to get fat. Its a bitch to contest prep when you let yourself go

s2h
10-16-2010, 09:16 PM
if your going to seriously persue the sport and arent sure what to do then hire a coach..if you were happy with the prep guy you used then set up a appt...and see what he thinks since he already has worked w/ya...not always good to jump around at first...

daywalker72
10-16-2010, 09:48 PM
if your going to seriously persue the sport and arent sure what to do then hire a coach..if you were happy with the prep guy you used then set up a appt...and see what he thinks since he already has worked w/ya...not always good to jump around at first...

Good point. There is just a lot i dont agree with with the last guy.