PDA

View Full Version : StephWicked's 2011 training/contest journal

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

stephaniewicked
10-20-2010, 05:54 PM
Well, here we go... 2010 will be over in 10.5 weeks and I'm already getting mentally prepared for next year. I love all the motivation I get from all the Rx IA videos, journals and seasonal threads, so I thought I would return to journaling to document my experiences through the 2011 season. :)

Quick stats: Steph, 27 years old, 5'1", 105-107lbs (contest weight), 125-127lbs (off-season), training for 3 years.

Contest History:
2009 NPC Suburban ~ Bikini, 4th place
2009 NPC Garden State ~ Bikini, 1st place
2010 NPC Garden State ~ Bikini, did not place
2010 NPC Jr Nationals ~ Bikini, Class A - 1st place
2010 NPC Team Universe ~ Bikini, Class B - 3rd place

For those who don't know, my coach is TammyP. Tammy was instrumental in my success this year and helped me on my first two trips to the national stage... couldn't have done it without her! :hmn:

2011 Contest Plans:
Jr USAs (May 21), Jr Nationals (June 17-18) and Team Universe (July 8-9), with probably one or two local shows in between.

Current Diet
m1 - 5 humapro, 1/2 cup oats (with berries, or -lately- canned pumpkin)
m2 - 4 oz chicken, 1-1.5 cups broccoli/green beans, 4 oz sweet potato
m3 - 5 humapro
m4 - 4oz. chicken, 1 cup broccoli/green beans or 6 egg whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal
m5 - 5 humapro (post-workout)
m6 - 6 egg whites, 1 part-skim mozzarella string cheese

Extra calories come from peanut butter over-consumption :o, candy (damn sweet tooth), and weekend dinners/treats. :(

Supplements:
I'm currently using ALR products exclusively.

Humapro - 5 pills, 3x/day
Pro-Anabol - 1 pill, 2x/day
WTF - 1-2 scoops pre-workout
Hyperdrive - 1-2 pills pre-workout
Chain'd Out - during and post-workout

Training:
I lift 5 days/wk.

Day 1 - chest/delts
Day 2 - legs/glutes
Day 3 - back
Day 4 - bis/tris
Day 5 - legs/glutes

Cardio: 45-60 minutes on the elliptical and/or stepmill 3-4x/wk.

No training tonight! Jon and I are going to see Jackass 3D. He normally works til 11pm during the week, which limits our time together, so every so often when he gets out early, we try to have a little date night. I'm still limping from Monday's leg/glute session and yesterday's back training, so I don't feel too guilty! ;) Tomorrow is arms and then my favorite night of the week to do cardio. I time it so that I start at 9pm on Thursdays and get to watch Grey's Anatomy... makes the hour fly!

shankuan
10-20-2010, 09:41 PM
plans are looking good steph! all the best for the rest of the off season. I'll be checking in. :yep:

i see you are another humapro user. i am STILL iffy on it but see more and more pl repping it so i really may just give it a try. how has it been for you in terms of being filling etc?

~gymdiva~
10-20-2010, 10:20 PM
Woooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Gaoshang Xiongshou
10-20-2010, 10:45 PM
In.

Melissa
10-21-2010, 05:11 AM
Yayay!! You know I'm following along. And, for what it's worth, it's a breath of fresh air to see a bikini girl actually admit that she gains more than the bikini standard of 3-5 lbs over her contest weight:p

BEAST MODE
10-21-2010, 05:15 AM
So what'd you think of Jackass 3D? I had to go see it last weekend...there was no way I could go any longer than opening weekend w/out seeing it.

tammyp
10-21-2010, 06:02 AM
Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandpig
10-21-2010, 06:33 AM
In and good luck, Steph.

Madison
10-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Steph,
how you liking the Chain'd out? i jsut ordered some myself to try out. What flavor you like.
Also, how you liking the humapro? heard a lot obout it.

keep crushin it :)

SwoleChamp
10-21-2010, 12:38 PM
Im in. Good luck to you!

stephaniewicked
10-21-2010, 01:05 PM
Wow, so much love in here. Thanks guys! :)

plans are looking good steph! all the best for the rest of the off season. I'll be checking in. :yep:
i see you are another humapro user. i am STILL iffy on it but see more and more pl repping it so i really may just give it a try. how has it been for you in terms of being filling etc?

Thanks, girl! I was skeptical at first too ("A pill that claims to take the place of whey protein and do a better job of utilizing the nutrients...really?!"), but no bs, I LOVE this stuff!! I followed several threads in the ALR forum of other members documenting their experiences, which was really reassuring. Plus I've never had a bad experience with ALR products so I really wanted to try it.

I thought I would be hungry without my eggs in the morning, but I'm very satisfied. Same with my m3. I used to have chicken and broccoli for that meal, but now I don't even miss the volume of food. You really gotta check it out! It has my stamp of approval, for whatever it's worth.

Woooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

:D

In.

Yay, thanks for stopping by B!

Yayay!! You know I'm following along. And, for what it's worth, it's a breath of fresh air to see a bikini girl actually admit that she gains more than the bikini standard of 3-5 lbs over her contest weight:p

Hey mama... thanks for always being so supportive! You know I've got this damn italian booty that just won't go away. I don't know how (or if) those other girls do it in the 3-5lb range! :hypno: Not me... damnit. :(

So what'd you think of Jackass 3D? I had to go see it last weekend...there was no way I could go any longer than opening weekend w/out seeing it.

Hey dude, I wanted to see it last weekend too but Jon convinced me that we should go a night when it wasn't going to be insanely crowded. It was okay... I think Jackass 2 is still my favorite. I'm not usually very sensitive, but my gag reflex kicked in during 2 or 3 of the skits, lol. What'd you think of it?

Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hugme:

In and good luck, Steph.

Thanks, dude!

Steph,
how you liking the Chain'd out? i jsut ordered some myself to try out. What flavor you like.
Also, how you liking the humapro? heard a lot obout it.

keep crushin it :)

Welcome!! I love Chain'd Out... been using it for over a year! All the flavors kick ass... I have appletini and berry banana. I sampled the blue razz too back in August, so now I'm trying to hurry up and finish these two so I have an excuse to buy the new flavor! I just throw 2-3 scoops in my gallon jug, then fill it up a little more than half-way and I'm ready to lift.

Im in. Good luck to you!

Thanks, SC!

Suave_Howss
10-21-2010, 01:08 PM
Hey Stephanie, wicked body!! How was Jackass3D?

~gymdiva~
10-21-2010, 01:15 PM

:lmao: wow so Steph, secret obsession? hahahahahaha

BEAST MODE
10-21-2010, 01:16 PM
Hey dude, I wanted to see it last weekend too but Jon convinced me that we should go a night when it wasn't going to be insanely crowded. It was okay... I think Jackass 2 is still my favorite. I'm not usually very sensitive, but my gag reflex kicked in during 2 or 3 of the skits, lol. What'd you think of it?

I hear you there...it was good but #2 is still the best! I almost puked during the sweat suit part. I was about to get up and go to the restroom and hurl then it ended. Other than that it was pretty good. I think they're just out of stuff to do at this point.

Suave_Howss
10-21-2010, 06:19 PM
gotta see it... will wait for it to come out on video though... no 3D necessary

stephaniewicked
10-22-2010, 03:22 PM

gotta see it... will wait for it to come out on video though... no 3D necessary

Thanks, Suave. Yeah, 3D wasn't necessary. It would have been fine without it!

:lmao: wow so Steph, secret obsession? hahahahahaha

Haha... no secret, nor an obsession. What can I say? It was a good show and the first two movies are good! I love anything that makes me laugh... Tosh.0 and South Park are two of my favorite tv shows comedy-wise. MUFF CABBAGEEE!! lol. If you haven't yet seen the Jersey episode of SP, you gotta check it out. Ike had me cracking up... he's my favorite! :p

I hear you there...it was good but #2 is still the best! I almost puked during the sweat suit part. I was about to get up and go to the restroom and hurl then it ended. Other than that it was pretty good. I think they're just out of stuff to do at this point.
That was one of the scenes where I seriously almost lost it. I was dry heaving a little bit in my seat, trying not to watch Steve-O drink it. *gag*

--
So my laptop is dying on me and I spent so much time screwing with it last night that I wasn't going to have time for arms before Grey's Anatomy. I skipped lifting and did cardio-only (64 minutes on the elliptical). Jon's coming to NYSC with me tonight, so we're gonna do arms together. Probably no cardio this evening...

BEAST MODE
10-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Snookie want smush smush!!! lol I was just talking to my manager about that episode! He hasn't seen it yet but I had him rolling.

~gymdiva~
10-23-2010, 01:08 AM
it's a....it's a jersey thing!

~gymdiva~
10-24-2010, 01:09 AM
so how YOU doin? ;)

thoughts on Brock going down?

stephaniewicked
10-24-2010, 02:55 PM
I'm okay... had a little meltdown yesterday after a girl at the gym asked where all my definition went (as she pointed to her arm). I was already having a fat day and it just made me feel really low after hearing that. :( She doesn't know better and was merely asking since she remembered how I looked a few months ago. She was having trouble staying on track with her workouts and everything, so she asked what I do and I spent a few minutes talking to her about my diet, training, competing, etc. A little while later when I was done lifting, I went in the locker room had a quick little pity cry before my hour of cardio.

After the gym, I hit up Vitamin Shoppe. My good friend and figure competitor AnnMarie is a manager there. Jon does supplement demos at local VS's on weekends and was at our VS from 3-6, so I stopped by to see them. Talking to AnnMarie about how I was feeling made me feel better... It's nice to vent to people who understand.

I was mad at myself for getting upset, but it felt good, I got it out and now I'm over it. It's a new day and I'm ready to keep improving... my quads and glutes are in serious pain today, so that's comforting to know that yesterday's session was a good one. Today is chest and tri's, so I'm looking forward to another productive afternoon!

Now, let's talk UFC... hoooooooly! I screamed when Herb Dean broke up Cain and Brock. I can't believe it. While I'm not a Lesnar fan, I've come to realize that he is here, he can fight and he's the champ (well, *was*). Still, I was in Cain's corner because I like the dude, and *somebody* had to back the underdog. Never did I imagine that the fight would end in round 1 and that it would actually be Velasquez with his arm raised in the air at the end of it all. He did some serious damage too... Wow, incredible fight!

kentuckyslim
10-24-2010, 06:17 PM
Aww. I feel ya girl. I had one of those episodes the other day, you just have to keep grinding away at it. The one thing that keeps me sane is knowing I am ten times more capable of peeling all this squishy goodness off than your average bear - and you are too. Keep your head up and GET SWOLE! :hugme:

stephaniewicked
10-24-2010, 08:06 PM
Aww. I feel ya girl. I had one of those episodes the other day, you just have to keep grinding away at it. The one thing that keeps me sane is knowing I am ten times more capable of peeling all this squishy goodness off than your average bear - and you are too. Keep your head up and GET SWOLE! :hugme:

Thanks, girl!! :) Today was a much better day. Sometimes it's frustrating, but I know what is on the horizon. I've been busting ass, so I know there's some good stuff hiding underneath the layer of fluff. We can do it!! When are you planning to compete next?

Had a great chest/tri workout, followed by 51 minutes of cardio. That's all I had time for before the gym closed. I hit up the store on the way home and now food prep is almost finished. Time to shower, then get ready for a little "Next Iron Chef"!

kentuckyslim
10-24-2010, 08:22 PM
I'm going to make an early run at the Northern Kentucky here in my backyard in late February and then hopefully the Arnold...my magic 8-Ball still says the future is cloudy for my summer plans :)

Bryan Hildebrand
10-24-2010, 09:08 PM
keep up the work and dont let anyone get you down. you know what to do, and if you run into a bump in the road, you know where to turn. all my best and I will keep following this series of updates.

and if you think you are having a fat day, this is me, last tues training back. my neck is now 23.5" but my BF is 15% at 6' and 311lbs. this is what a fat day photo looks like...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs882.snc4/71567_10150107904576110_521636109_7440088_6913222_ n.jpg

kentuckyslim
10-24-2010, 09:41 PM
you're looking a little skinny, might want to add some carbs in!

~gymdiva~
10-25-2010, 12:30 AM
do these shoes have us written all over them or what! :yep:

BEAST MODE
10-25-2010, 05:04 AM
I'm going to make an early run at the Northern Kentucky here in my backyard in late February and then hopefully the Arnold...my magic 8-Ball still says the future is cloudy for my summer plans :)

Is that show normally held in March? I ask because I could swear that's the one that has an impact on when the southern IN is held each year and I intend to do that one but the promoter said he wasn't sure on the date yet because they were waiting on the northern KY to be announced.

BEAST MODE
10-25-2010, 05:04 AM

Seriously? lol

kentuckyslim
10-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Is that show normally held in March? I ask because I could swear that's the one that has an impact on when the southern IN is held each year and I intend to do that one but the promoter said he wasn't sure on the date yet because they were waiting on the northern KY to be announced.

The Northern KY will be held on Feb 26, this year it was March 27, so it's moved a whole month back. I'm assuming it's a move to draw more Arnold competitors looking to warm up for the next weekend.

http://www.bevnut.com/nky/

BEAST MODE
10-25-2010, 11:56 AM
Cool...that's good news for me because the promoters said the only reason they wouldn't have the southern IN on the same weekend this year was if the northern KY was late. Thanks!

stephaniewicked
10-25-2010, 12:37 PM

Nice, sounds like a good plan! I was considering the Arnold for a hot minute after Saturday's mini meltdown, lol. Then I re-considered. I really want to make sure I don't have to turn down shows next year as a result of low funds, so I think I'm going to stick with the spring/summer shows so far!

keep up the work and dont let anyone get you down. you know what to do, and if you run into a bump in the road, you know where to turn. all my best and I will keep following this series of updates.

and if you think you are having a fat day, this is me, last tues training back. my neck is now 23.5" but my BF is 15% at 6' and 311lbs. this is what a fat day photo looks like...

What are you talking about? That's me on a GOOD day!! ;) Thanks for the uplifting words and support! :hugme:

LOL, actually I think I have to pass... while I loveeee black + hot pink together, I'm not so sure about those. They would need to be taller too. I like to be at least 5" taller than my naturally height at all times. Oh, and fuzziness. They need fuzziness. :p

stephaniewicked
10-25-2010, 12:41 PM
Painnnnn. That's all I feel today! Quads took a serious beating this weekend. I think it may be because I drilled them extra hard on the extension machine after talking to that girl. Hmm... I should thank her! :)

Looking forward to back tonight! Cardio session will be low intensity for sure.

stephaniewicked
10-25-2010, 12:58 PM
Today's lunch: london broil, sweet potato, broccoli/green beans. Figured I should enjoy it while I can. I <3 cow!

BEAST MODE
10-25-2010, 01:00 PM
"enjoy" and "broccoli" are never 2 words I'd use in the same sentence...you're a little nutty today.

stephaniewicked
10-25-2010, 01:05 PM
Today's lunch: london broil, sweet potato, broccoli/green beans. Figured I would switch out chicken for beef... enjoy it while I can. I <3 cow!

Fixed! ;)

I like broccoli. I'll have it as a snack sometimes on it's own (with a little mustard or red pepper flakes to spice it up).

BEAST MODE
10-25-2010, 01:09 PM
Fixed! ;)

I like broccoli. I'll have it as a snack sometimes on it's own (with a little mustard or red pepper flakes to spice it up).

OK yeah...something is wrong w/ you. You aren't supposed to enjoy diet food. Especially broccoli. That stuff is like satan's petrified shit.

stephaniewicked
10-29-2010, 01:57 PM
OK yeah...something is wrong w/ you. You aren't supposed to enjoy diet food. Especially broccoli. That stuff is like satan's petrified shit.

I know, I like broccoli. If that makes me weird, it probably wouldn't be the strangest thing about me... so I'm okay with that, lol.

stephaniewicked
10-29-2010, 01:59 PM
Quick update since I won't be on much this weekend...

Tonight - chest/shoulders, cardio
Tomorrow - legs/glutes, cardio

Tomorrow is my grandmother's 80th birthday!! :) To celebrate, we're having a surprise dinner for her... Italian restaurants in Staten Island are no joke, so I'm gonna try to save my appetite a little bit so I can enjoy for once. Sometimes it's hard for me to believe I grew up eating big 5-course dinners every Sunday since I so rarely indulge in it anymore. Then Sunday, Jon and I are leaving for Atlantic City... holla!! :D Should be a nice couple of days away... relax in the jacuzzi, play some slot machines, lose money I don't have...

Hope everyone has a fun weekend!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

BEAST MODE
10-29-2010, 02:02 PM
Nice! Enjoy your weekend! I know what you mean about those big meals...my family is German so we're always having that real heavy stuff...and my grandma thinks if you don't eat 2 heaping plates full you aren't hungry.

stephaniewicked
10-29-2010, 02:13 PM
I think it's "a grandma thing" lol.. I'm sure every family experiences that. My family is pretty good now that they know how strict I am. Christmas Eve is the only night of the year where I'll go balls to the wall with zero guilt. We do the whole 7 fishes thing so I can usually fill up on lots of protein (even though alot of it is fried or cooked in heavy sauces, etc). Damn, it's so hard to say no though.

BEAST MODE
10-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Oh hell...I think you started a Thanksgiving/Christmas binge rant...I have to control myself...thinking about all the pumpkin pie, ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, ham, stuffing, ham, homemade fudge, and ham. See what you've done?

Sandpig
10-29-2010, 03:17 PM
Enjoy your weekend, and I'm with Rich when it comes to Broccoli.

BEAST MODE
10-29-2010, 03:18 PM
It doesn't even look like food.

stephaniewicked
10-29-2010, 03:52 PM
I eat my broccoli so that one day I grow up to look like this...

stephaniewicked
10-29-2010, 03:54 PM
Ok, not really... I intend to look better than a skinny, middle-aged cartoon with peaking biceps, but you know what I mean!

I eat broccoli because I have my brain programmed to believe that if I get full from eating it, then I won't eat other crap and my waistline will stay somewhat in control... imagine that! :p

BEAST MODE
10-29-2010, 03:55 PM
I couldn't program my brain to eat broccoli for any reason. Normally I can do that w/ food I hate, but broccoli, lettuce, and asparagus are out of the question.

stephaniewicked
10-29-2010, 04:18 PM
So what do you do when you're dieting? Do you just not eat them?

I hated broccoli growing up, and since I wasn't forced to eat veggies, I didn't have to worry about experiencing it. Then as a teen, my ex used to make me eat veggies. I would hold my breath, chew them up, swallow and take a drink before the taste had a chance to settle in my mouth. From there, I started "liking" broccoli if it was cooked in a sauce to help disguise the taste. When I did my first contest diet almost 2 years ago, it became a matter of "this is what I have to eat, doesn't matter how it tastes". And now I eat it all the time... which helps keep my tastebuds used to it, so it's not such a shock to the system when I start cutting again and eat it 3-4 times a day.

BEAST MODE
10-29-2010, 04:21 PM
I eat green beans...only green vegetable I can eat w/out puking. I'm not exaggerating either. W/ the foods I mentioned before, there is no overcoming the gag reflex, no matter what I try. Like I said, normally I can just flip the switch and do whatever is necessary...but not w/ those foods. One tiny bite gets in my mouth and it's instant gag, food coming back up, then have to swallow it again only to repeat the process. It's terrible. In the end, it's more important to keep my food down than go that route. So coach and I just stick w/ green beans, and whatever we need to do to pull out excess water, we will do.

stephaniewicked
10-29-2010, 04:30 PM
I eat alot of green beans too. I buy the frozen pre-cut ones and just nuke 'em for a few minutes. I'm all about making food prep as simple as possible.

BEAST MODE
10-29-2010, 04:31 PM
Yep...I just load up on the no sodium added canned ones and cook everything for about 3-4 days at a time. And some low sodium butter flavoring is awesome on them!

Sandpig
10-29-2010, 10:42 PM
Yep. Green Beans FTW.
I can handle peas on occasion too. But they got to be the early baby ones.

tammyp
10-30-2010, 06:01 AM
happy fun ..your so lucky to still have your grandma....

stephaniewicked
10-30-2010, 11:21 AM
happy fun ..your so lucky to still have your grandma....

Yay! Trying to get all the fun in before January... I've been looking forward to this getaway all year! :)

I know I am, but at the same time, it makes me sad knowing she won't be here one day... :( I have both my grandmothers, but I don't see my dad's mom that much. She lives in FL now, so I see her once every few years. My maternal grandparents live in Staten Island, which is only 1/2 hour away, so I'm alot closer to them.

Grandma's a rockstar... she was working fulltime up until she had surgery to remove cancer from her kidney a few months ago. Now she only works 30 hours or so a week, but still pretty impressive for 80. LOVE her!! :hugme:

Madison
11-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Steph, How you liking the chain'd out? I have used xtend for years and just switched and i am loving it. I only use 1 scoop during training though. i am female.

BEAST MODE
11-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Yay! Trying to get all the fun in before January... I've been looking forward to this getaway all year! :)

I know I am, but at the same time, it makes me sad knowing she won't be here one day... :( I have both my grandmothers, but I don't see my dad's mom that much. She lives in FL now, so I see her once every few years. My maternal grandparents live in Staten Island, which is only 1/2 hour away, so I'm alot closer to them.

Grandma's a rockstar... she was working fulltime up until she had surgery to remove cancer from her kidney a few months ago. Now she only works 30 hours or so a week, but still pretty impressive for 80. LOVE her!! :hugme:

Definitely! That's what keeps them young...seems like once they stop working or getting out and doing stuff, they start aging much faster and before you know it, they're gone.

tammyp
11-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Good for her. I hope im like her at that age, just hope im not still working. Who wants an 80 year old hairdresser?

BEAST MODE
11-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Hey if it keeps you young and you enjoy it, why not?

stephaniewicked
11-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Steph, How you liking the chain'd out? I have used xtend for years and just switched and i am loving it. I only use 1 scoop during training though. i am female.

Hey girl! I LOVE it!! I haven't trained without it in over a year since I first tried it. i have berry banana and appletini... blue razz is next. All three are badass!

Definitely! That's what keeps them young...seems like once they stop working or getting out and doing stuff, they start aging much faster and before you know it, they're gone.

Unfortunately grandma works because finances don't really allow her not to! But yeah, she's still sharp as hell... love that woman!

Good for her. I hope im like her at that age, just hope im not still working. Who wants an 80 year old hairdresser?

I hope so too... she was so surprised on Saturday. Everyone from her office came to the party too... she didnt expect any of it! :)

stephaniewicked
11-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Atlantic City was fun... I didn't wanna come home. Won a little, lost a little... broke even in the end. It was a much needed little break from reality.

Back to training last night after a few days off... did back, then cardio with my friend AnnMarie. Meeting her again tonight for arms and cardio.

kentuckyslim
11-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Hope the off season is going good for you! :)

Off to do legs and booty booty booty. Keep working girl!

stephaniewicked
11-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Hope the off season is going good for you! :)

Off to do legs and booty booty booty. Keep working girl!

Legs and booty are my favorite! Gotta work 'em good too, since they're so damn stubborn!! Hope you had a great training session! ;)

stephaniewicked
11-08-2010, 07:49 PM
<Rant>I LOVE winter, but hate this whole getting dark early thing. I need more daylight hours, damnit! <End rant>.

I'm behind tonight... didn't go food shopping until late last night, so I had to cook my chicken when I got home from work today. Now that meals are done, I'm gonna take a quick hot shower to get me all warmed up and then I'm off to train chest/delts.

BEAST MODE
11-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Same here bud...I'm going to bed already and it's 7:20 here. This dark early, 30 degrees in the morning, 75 in the afternoon crap has me feeling fluish. Bed time...let's all just go to FL.

stephaniewicked
11-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Same here bud...I'm going to bed already and it's 7:20 here. This dark early, 30 degrees in the morning, 75 in the afternoon crap has me feeling fluish. Bed time...let's all just go to FL.

Nooooooo. I could never live in Florida. Never ever ever. *stomps foot* I'm not down with the humidity and the heat.

stephaniewicked
11-16-2010, 04:51 PM
I'm behind on updating... been busy at work, not going near the computer too much from home, but still plugging along as usual. Not too much to report, except that I'm feeling good physically and mentally and really trying to enjoy the next 6 weeks - in and out of the gym. Cut time is approaching quickly and I'm feeling really confident and excited for the year ahead!

In non-training-related news, I am half way done with my Christmas shopping and everything that I've received already (most of my shopping was done online!) is already wrapped. I'm feeling so accomplished! For a poor girl, I'm not hesitating to swipe the mastercard this season. I just truly love picking out the perfect gifts and seeing the expression on people's faces when I give them something they really like. It's starting to get out of control though, so I have to stop being so spend-happy and focus on wrapping this up soon (no pun intended!)

My little sister is coming down from PA to stay with me this weekend... My dad bought her tickets to see Wicked on Broadway for her birthday and the show is Saturday. She's 18 and is into everything related to chorus/musicals/theatre, etc. Last year, my dad got her tickets to see Shrek the Musical. Shrek is one of my favorite Disney movies, but the musical? I dozed off sometime before intermission... there's a reason the show closed down in January! lol. I've always been curious to see Wicked and heard good things about it though, so I'm looking forward to this one. Plus, I get to spend a rare girl's weekend with my baby... can't wait! :)

Then next week is a short work week before the big holiday weekend. I still have no idea what I'm doing... the gym is closing an hour early on Thanksgiving Eve, which makes no sense since it's open half the day on the holiday itself. At least I don't have to worry about missing any training sessions though.

SallyAnne
11-16-2010, 06:45 PM
Ok, not really... I intend to look better than a skinny, middle-aged cartoon with peaking biceps, but you know what I mean!

I eat broccoli because I have my brain programmed to believe that if I get full from eating it, then I won't eat other crap and my waistline will stay somewhat in control... imagine that! :p

I do this with green beans. Whole bags at a time when I'm really hungry.

stephaniewicked
11-16-2010, 10:59 PM
I do this with green beans. Whole bags at a time when I'm really hungry.

I really should do this more often than I actually do... like at night when I start itchin' for a snack and drink a big glass of diet peach arizona tea instead.

kentuckyslim
11-17-2010, 10:53 AM
I've always been curious to see Wicked and heard good things about it though, so I'm looking forward to this one. Plus, I get to spend a rare girl's weekend with my baby... can't wait! :)

Loved the book...that whole series was awesome. I bet you'll enjoy it. :yep:

tammyp
11-17-2010, 02:40 PM
just stopping by to check up on u!!!

stephaniewicked
11-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Real quick update, so I can finish this report I'm working on before I go home and get my weekend started!

I grew a pair this morning and weighed myself for the first time in several weeks. 128.2 lbs. That's pretty much where I thought I was, but at the same time I wish the number was a little lower. That's 21 lbs above my contest weight. Part of me is thinking, "ugh I hate that damn scale!" and the other half of me thinking "6 weeks til diet time... WOOHOO!!!" And I have to add that my energy and focus in the gym have been friggin' fantastic... In that regard, I *feel* AWESOME!

I've been really consistent this week. Normally I get a sweet tooth or attack a jar of pb over the course of a few days, or snack on stuff I'm not supposed to, but I haven't done any of that. I replaced my chicken with ground beef (a mix of 85% and 93% lean) that I made with a little salt, cayenne pepper, Walden Farms BBQ sauce, 2 green peppers and 1 red onion.

Meals this week have been:

M1: 5 hp, 1/2 cup oats
M2: 5 oz ground beef, 4 oz sweet potato
M3: 5 hp, apple
M4: 5 oz ground beef
M5: 5 hp (post-workout)
M6: 5 oz ground beef

I went to target today and picked up some snacks since my sister is staying with me this weekend. I felt so guilty buying "crap", lol. I tried to be a little bit mindful of my purchases though... instead of bagel bites, I bought her a lean cuisine pizza... and I got the low fat frozen waffles and sugar-free syrup, instead of full fat/sugar. I skipped on the ice cream because all the talk in Melissa's journal about ColdStone has me craving it hardcore. I haven't had it at all since I stopped dieting and one just opened around the corner from my apartment... so I'm committed to going balls to the wall and eating some no-guilt-allowed ice cream tomorrow night! :D

BEAST MODE
11-19-2010, 04:46 PM
mmmmmm....cold stone! peanut butter perfection sounds really nice...

stephaniewicked
11-19-2010, 06:59 PM
I've only been to ColdStone a few times EVER, so I figured I'd go to the website to see this peanut butter perfection thing you speak of. I'm torn between Apple Pie ala ColdStone, Banana Caramel Crunch, Birthday Cake Remix, Cheesecake Fantasy, Mud Pie Mojo, Oreo Overload, That's How I Roll and The Pie Who Loved Me (http://www.coldstonecreamery.com/icecream/signature_creations.html). Man, I'm in trouble!

So did anyone see South Park this week? If you have 20 or so minutes to kill, you have to watch this: http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s14e14-creme-fraiche!

BEAST MODE
11-19-2010, 07:28 PM
The birthday cake remix is not so great...so skip that one. I am PB addict, so that one is my fave by far.

I've heard SP this week was amazing, so I'm about to watch. Recorded it but haven't had a chance to watch yet.

Melissa
11-19-2010, 11:47 PM
I went to target today and picked up some snacks since my sister is staying with me this weekend. I felt so guilty buying "crap", lol. I tried to be a little bit mindful of my purchases though... instead of bagel bites, I bought her a lean cuisine pizza... and I got the low fat frozen waffles and sugar-free syrup, instead of full fat/sugar. I skipped on the ice cream because all the talk in Melissa's journal about ColdStone has me craving it hardcore. I haven't had it at all since I stopped dieting and one just opened around the corner from my apartment... so I'm committed to going balls to the wall and eating some no-guilt-allowed ice cream tomorrow night! :D

And THAT is what I'm talking about right there!! If you're gonna eat ice cream, do it right! I'm a huge fan of the Cookie Don't Ya Want Some with the cheesecake flavored ice cream. PB Perfection is also on the top of my list. I'm convinced that any other ice cream is second rate next to Cold Stone. I hope you enjoy every delicious bite of it!!

Oh yeah, and I'm glad to hear that you're having a good offseason, too! lol I would be willing to bet that some of that extra weight is a little bit of new muscle, so try not to let the scale mess with your head too much right now (I know, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black:p).

BEAST MODE
11-20-2010, 09:15 AM
Cookie don't ya want some is amazing!!! Definitely stopping in there tonight after Penn Station so I can get some ice cream and meal on it during the fights.

stephaniewicked
11-21-2010, 08:18 PM
The birthday cake remix is not so great...so skip that one. I am PB addict, so that one is my fave by far.

I've heard SP this week was amazing, so I'm about to watch. Recorded it but haven't had a chance to watch yet.

So I took your advice and skipped the birthday cake and went for The Pie Who Loved Me. It was a tough decision, but a yummy one!

So, did you watch it yet? I was cracking up. Being a Food Network junkie, I couldn't help but love it!!

And THAT is what I'm talking about right there!! If you're gonna eat ice cream, do it right! I'm a huge fan of the Cookie Don't Ya Want Some with the cheesecake flavored ice cream. PB Perfection is also on the top of my list. I'm convinced that any other ice cream is second rate next to Cold Stone. I hope you enjoy every delicious bite of it!!

Oh yeah, and I'm glad to hear that you're having a good offseason, too! lol I would be willing to bet that some of that extra weight is a little bit of new muscle, so try not to let the scale mess with your head too much right now (I know, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black:p).

I hope you're right! Soooo, who's the pot and who's the kettle? lol, it's always easier to say such things, than it is to apply it to your own thought process. But that's why we have journals and friends and supportive, encouraging people to help us through the seasons and whisper a little bit of positive reinforcement in our ears when we need to hear it. Thanks, girl!! :hugme:

stephaniewicked
11-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Couple of pics from the weekend! First, a silly pic of my sister and I before heading into the city for the show yesterday. Then my delicious little Pie Who Loved Me...

Wicked was really good. I'm not big on musicals, but it was pretty cool to see 'The Wizard of Oz' from another perspective and see how the story ties together. My dad works for NYC Transit Authority and got us metro cards for our little commute, so I drove to Staten Island and we took the express bus into Manhattan. Since my whole family pretty much lives in SI, we stopped at my grandmother's afterwards. She made lentil soup, which was (as always) so damn good! Gotta love italian grandma cooking!! ♥

Today we slept in and then got ready for me to take Felicia home. Four hour roundtrip... ugh. It's definitely not a drive I enjoy. Also, my car stereo is broke so that makes a long drive even more unpleasurable... therefore I downloaded the latest Rx Power Hour and MGI to enjoy on the way back. :) When I got home, I relaxed for a few before heading to the grocery store and watched 'The Sport of Figure' with Ava Cowan. I got a little dose of motivation and then hit up A&P for 93% lean ground beef (I enjoyed it so much last week that I decided to stick with it again this week), sweet potatoes, apples, broccoli and SF jello. Food is cooked and now it's time for 'The Next Iron Chef'. All in all, a good weekend... and a short week ahead, makes it even sweeter!

BEAST MODE
11-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Isn't Cold Stone amazing? I had the Oreo one last night...after a philly cheesesteak and huge order of fries, and about 1/3 german chocolate Snickers cake...and a few beers...then proceeded to breathe really heavy and fall asleep right after BJ ktfo Matt Hughes! lol

stephaniewicked
11-21-2010, 09:01 PM
Yes, it was a long overdue treat! :D I plan to return there at least one or two more times before January.

I was upset that I missed such a great card! Rampage beat Machida which is friggin' awesome... and Penn KO'd Hughes in 21 seconds. Epic! I can't stand MH, so I'm even more sorry I missed that. On the other hand though, I was exhausted and passed out before 11pm. I needed the sleep.

tammyp
11-22-2010, 08:14 AM
hey remember fat is fixable.....it comes off....and yeah,,,i need to follow my own advice:)

stephaniewicked
11-24-2010, 11:06 AM
Despite 1.5 scoops of WTF and 2 hyperdrive last night, I couldn't get moving fast enough. I finally rolled up to the gym around 8:40pm and got ready for legs. I didn't push myself to go super heavy since my energy was lagging, but considering how much progress I've made since last year at this time, even a "lighter day" is a big improvement for this little girl! :)

I ran into my friend AnnMarie, who's doing a local NABBA show in 2.5 weeks. I've never been to one, but I'm going to go and help her out so I'm curious to see how it differs from NPC. I have no desire to switch federations... just curious is all. She's doing the trained figure class (I think that's what it's called?) and was showing me part of her 60 second routine. Looks like alot of fun actually...

After taking a 10 minute bs break with her, I got back to it and it seems to have been a good session, as I'm already sore this morning. I topped it off with 45 minutes on the stepmill before the gym staff kicked us out.

Tonight is back! I'm trying to increase my strength on assisted pullups (and eventually do unassisted!) so the challenge is something to look forward to. The gym is closing at 9 tonight instead of 11... boooo! I like going later, but I'm hoping that most people will be out partying or home preparing for the holiday so that I can get in and out without fighting for equipment. Then I have to go home and bake pumpkin muffins for tomorrow... mmm!!

Happy Turkey Dizzle!! :)

BEAST MODE
11-24-2010, 11:09 AM
Send me some pumpkin muffins! Anything pumpkin is my favorite!

stephaniewicked
11-24-2010, 11:20 AM
Send me some pumpkin muffins! Anything pumpkin is my favorite!

Word, me too! I've been putting a tsp of canned pumpkin in my oatmeal all week, sprinkled with some cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Yummm!

BEAST MODE
11-24-2010, 11:41 AM
Have you ever had a pumpkin gooey butter cake?

stephaniewicked
11-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Have you ever had a pumpkin gooey butter cake?

What? No! What is it? Why are you telling me about yummy pumpkin gooeyness?! That sounds wonderfully evil!

BEAST MODE
11-24-2010, 12:32 PM
Here you go...my mom makes this one. It is AMAZING!!!

http://www.pauladeen.com/recipes/view2/pumpkin_gooey_butter_cake

Gerb
11-24-2010, 12:40 PM
I didn't realize, or forgot, you had a journal on here, I just checked your contest schedule for 2011. I'll be at Junior USAs with J. We get to meet, cool! I'll be following along. ... now go enjoy some Turkey tomorrow!

stephaniewicked
11-24-2010, 01:35 PM
Here you go...my mom makes this one. It is AMAZING!!!

http://www.pauladeen.com/recipes/view2/pumpkin_gooey_butter_cake

Ohhh, hell no! I should have known that would be a Paula Deen recipe, lol. That looks amazing, but I don't think I would ever give myself permission to make it. I'd probably end up eating half of it myself!

I didn't realize, or forgot, you had a journal on here, I just checked your contest schedule for 2011. I'll be at Junior USAs with J. We get to meet, cool! I'll be following along. ... now go enjoy some Turkey tomorrow!

Nice... can't wait to meet you guys! :) Is J cooking tomorrow? Hope you guys have a great holiday!

Gerb
11-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Ohhh, hell no! I should have known that would be a Paula Deen recipe, lol. That looks amazing, but I don't think I would ever give myself permission to make it. I'd probably end up eating half of it myself!

Nice... can't wait to meet you guys! :) Is J cooking tomorrow? Hope you guys have a great holiday!

yep, J cooks for a small army every Thanksgiving. it is almost embarrassing when we look at all the food. ... but it is good and we get leftevers for a week out of it.

musclegoddess65
11-24-2010, 01:49 PM
Paula Deen is a wicked cook but man there is not an ounce of healthy in it..

BEAST MODE
11-24-2010, 02:36 PM
There's not supposed to be healthy stuff on Thanksgiving.

musclegoddess65
11-24-2010, 03:50 PM
There's not supposed to be healthy stuff on Thanksgiving.

Homemade white bread, gravy on taters, mac n cheese and cherry pie!

BEAST MODE
11-24-2010, 09:56 PM
I'm sending you food porn tomorrow bud...you just wait!

musclegoddess65
11-24-2010, 11:07 PM
I'm sending you food porn tomorrow bud...you just wait!

Love me some food porn... :yep:

stephaniewicked
11-27-2010, 03:49 PM
What's up guys 'n gals? Hope everyone had a good turkey day! I did! :)

My holiday started off with arms and cardio. I figured there was a good chance the gym would be quiet because everyone would be home lazying it up and getting ready to enjoy their mommas' homemade cooking, right? Wrong! I seriously underestimated how many people would take advantage of the gym being open... it was mobbed. I hate when it's like that, so the workout started off blah, but I made it through. I spent the holiday at Jon's... his mom cooked an amazingly yummy meal and I guiltlessly indulged in every delicious thing there was to try, including several glasses of mommy-made sangria. Yummm!

I must have sent my body into shock because I didn't move yesterday... at all. I woke up with a scratchy throat and just had zero motivation to do anything, so I spent the entire day in bed. I managed to get up and shower around 8pm, with the intent of going to the grocery store, but got back in bed immediately afterwards and texted Jon to bring me home leftovers from his house. I just couldn't move...

I guess I got all the laziness out of my system because I woke up at 8am today when he left... by 9:30, I was ready to get the blood moving and got ready for the gym (despite still having a scratchy throat! :(). Again, it was mobbed. Ughhhhh. I managed to get a kick ass leg/glute training in, followed by 45 minutes on the stepmill. Success! I've spent the last hour and a half sitting on a heating pad nursing my angry lower half and looking online at clothes I want. After enjoying a carb-loaded leftover lunch, I'm drinking WTF and planning to go back to the gym to hit chest/shoulders. I'm thinking it's better than sitting in the house... I need to move before I actually start spending some money!

tammyp
11-27-2010, 04:40 PM
FEEL better steph......where ya lookin at clothes? always curious what on line stores i may be missing.

stephaniewicked
11-28-2010, 12:43 PM
FEEL better steph......where ya lookin at clothes? always curious what on line stores i may be missing.

Hey mama... thanks, throat is STILL scratchy, but not accompanied by any other symptoms, so hopefully it's just weather-related (temps dropped quite a bit this weekend!) and I'm not actually coming down with anything!

I was looking at all MMA-based clothing brands... Affliction, TapOut, Skin Industries, etc. My dad requested my birthday/Christmas list, so I asked for this bikini (http://www.skinindustries.com/xcart/product.php?productid=2138&cat=122&page=1, http://www.skinindustries.com/xcart/product.php?productid=2139&cat=122&page=1). I also asked for Sour Grape Humapro and Blue Razz Chain'd Out... maybe I'll get lucky and get all three! :p *wishful thinking*

I was looking on ebay too... bikinis and hoodies are my weaknesses. I saved too many items in my "watch lists" to count, but I'm going to behave and not get anything. Santa let it slip that I'm getting some TapOut stuff for Christmas, so I'm gonna try to exercise some patience and wait to see what surprises I get.

musclegoddess65
11-28-2010, 02:12 PM
mmmm homemade sangria....

wonder if the New Years revolution crowd is starting early? or maybe some just wanted to justify their thanksgiving meals?

kentuckyslim
11-28-2010, 03:39 PM
The New Years Resolution crowd is my favorite...I can always count on not seeing them again after 2-3 weeks.

musclegoddess65
11-28-2010, 04:08 PM
yes yes I meant resolution... Lord only knows why Revolution was on my mind :)

stephaniewicked
11-28-2010, 08:52 PM
mmmm homemade sangria....

wonder if the New Years revolution crowd is starting early? or maybe some just wanted to justify their thanksgiving meals?

This, I'm sure. I don't know why people would spend $60/month on a gym membership, just to only show up after major holidays. You would think the same thought process that occurs before/after thanksgiving would cross their minds before/after every crappy meal. :confused:

The New Years Resolution crowd is my favorite...I can always count on not seeing them again after 2-3 weeks.

They seem to last a little longer at my gym. This year, they hung around til Feb/March. I don't look forward to it, ughhh. I'm all for people making an effort to get fit... just not at the expense of inflicting upon MY training. :p

musclegoddess65
11-29-2010, 07:11 AM
This, I'm sure. I don't know why people would spend $60/month on a gym membership, just to only show up after major holidays. You would think the same thought process that occurs before/after thanksgiving would cross their minds before/after every crappy meal. :confused:

They seem to last a little longer at my gym. This year, they hung around til Feb/March. I don't look forward to it, ughhh. I'm all for people making an effort to get fit... just not at the expense of inflicting upon MY training. :p

one of the major reasons I hit the gym at 4am... not many (if any) resolution-ers will go at 4am....

BEAST MODE
11-29-2010, 10:46 AM
All I know is my prep starts Jan. 1, and if any of those sumbitches get in my way, I will give them a reason to give up on their resolutions.

musclegoddess65
11-29-2010, 10:49 AM
All I know is my prep starts Jan. 1, and if any of those sumbitches get in my way, I will give them a reason to give up on their resolutions.

they die out quickly anyhow..

BEAST MODE
11-29-2010, 10:52 AM
they die out quickly anyhow..

The Gold's crowd here usually sticks around until mid-February...pisses me off. Don't mess with a prepping bber if you're a resolutioner...:mad:

BEAST MODE
11-30-2010, 12:55 PM
Steph I just went back and looked at your plans for next year...has anything changed w/ Team U? One of my good friends is planning on doing figure and I think I'm going to watch her compete. Would be cool to meet another RXer!

stephaniewicked
11-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Unless I somehow win my pro card before then, I'll almost definitely be competing there! And even if something changes and I don't compete, it's in NJ... so I'll probably be there either way! Yay, that would be awesome!! :)

BEAST MODE
11-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Right on! I have never officially been to NJ before, only through Newark on my way to Europe. So this will be a first if I can make it.

BEAST MODE
11-30-2010, 01:44 PM
Where exactly in NJ is Team U anyway?

stephaniewicked
11-30-2010, 03:49 PM
Well if you venture outside the airport and see the rest of Newark, then you'd realize why Jersey gets so much hate lol. Team U is in north Jersey. This year it was in Hackensack, but the venue wasn't the best, and we were told that they were working on hopefully moving to a nicer venue in 2011... but probably still in the same general area, about 30 minutes from the airport.

That would be badass if you could come here for the show! I'm sure your friend will appreciate you flying out here to show her support!

BEAST MODE
11-30-2010, 03:51 PM
I looked it up and saw Teaneck or something like that. I really hope I can make it! Maybe I'll hear someone tell a girl she's got MUFF CABBAGE!!!

stephaniewicked
11-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Yup, that's pretty close to Hackensack... And watch out for the snooki monsters. They like to smoosh-smoosh!

BEAST MODE
12-01-2010, 05:57 AM
My god she is hideous...my mom watches Jersey Shore and I just have to shake my head and tell her she's better than that and shouldn't waste her time watching ignorant shit. I would rather she watch nascar than that crap.

tammyp
12-02-2010, 08:10 AM
my friends daughter is in her 1st yr of cosmotology and they just learned the snooki poof...seriously????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

musclegoddess65
12-02-2010, 10:47 AM
UGH that show is the pits.... but a friend dressed up like snooki for Halloween...was hilarious! orange tan, poof and all

Madison
12-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Hey Stephanie!
I see you use Pro-Anabol. How do you like it?
I read a lot about guys using it and liking it but i have not seen any feedback from any women. What are your thoughts on it, if i may ask?

LisaRD23
12-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Hey Steph....what's up? How has training been?

BEAST MODE
12-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Hey stranger...where you been? Hope everything's goin well! Getting super pumped for tomorrow night's ass whoopin!!!

stephaniewicked
12-12-2010, 12:52 PM
my friends daughter is in her 1st yr of cosmotology and they just learned the snooki poof...seriously????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only is that wrong on so many levels, but as a native NY-er, the poof has been around for a long ass time. Snooki didn't "invent" it. She just made it popular because the rest of the damn world didn't know what it was until she landed on a popular MTV show. :no:

UGH that show is the pits.... but a friend dressed up like snooki for Halloween...was hilarious! orange tan, poof and all

One of my friends was Sammi and her husband was Ronnie... too funny! What's funnier though, is that these stereotypes have been around forever and people are just now starting to learn about guidos and guidettes lol.

Hey Stephanie!
I see you use Pro-Anabol. How do you like it?
I read a lot about guys using it and liking it but i have not seen any feedback from any women. What are your thoughts on it, if i may ask?

Hi Madison! I like it alot... I took it for two months and definitely got stronger. I'm taking alot of ALR products though. This is my month off... I have to buy more so I can begin taking it again when prep starts in a few weeks.

Hey Steph....what's up? How has training been?

Hey girl, pretty good... I'm down to about 4 days a week the last couple weeks just because so much has been going on that I haven't seemed to get my full 5 days in, plus I'm slacking hardcore on cardio... strength is still great though, so I'm pleased about that. It always makes me sad when I return to lifting light because I'm weak from dieting... I've been semi MIA this week so I have to pop by your journal to see how you've been since you got back in the gym!

Hey stranger...where you been? Hope everything's goin well! Getting super pumped for tomorrow night's ass whoopin!!!

Hey, I know I know... I'm sorry! Thanks again for last night... you rock!!!

stephaniewicked
12-12-2010, 01:07 PM
So a real little mini update before I go attack legs... I've been so busy this week and part of the reason for me slacking off on the journal is because I went to look at an apartment last weekend (just "to see") and ended up loving it, so I'm gonna be moving next month. I started packing and cleaning out closets and trying to slowly get rid of crap so that I don't have to bring unnecessary nonsense with me.

The apartment is cute... it's about 5 minutes from where I live now (5 minutes closer to the gym, I could pretty much walk if I really wanted to!) and it's about the same price I'm paying for my current apartment, but it's bigger.

Upgrades include:
- More kitchen space. My current apartment has 1.5 cabinets and a pantry, plus a little 12"x18" piece of counterspace, which is not alot of room to prepare food. The new place has LOTS of cabinet space, a pantry, lots of countertop space and a dishwasher!
- More closet space. My current apartment has two tiny little closets, which doesn't leave room for clothes, mop, vacuum and other crap... the new apartment has a linen closet by the bathroom, a closet in the living room (so I finally have a place to hang jackets, and the vacuum and mop can have their own living space), and two big clothes closets in the bedroom. Win!
- A bathtub! My current apartment has a little 3'x3' standup shower. I haven't taken a hot bath in 2.5 years. I'm so excited to have a full TUB to relax in!

There's some other nice features... living room is bigger, there's sliding glass doors to a balcony. It's just cute. Yeah, can you tell I'm excited?? :) So my main focus the next 3 weeks is to get everything cleaned and packed so I can begin bringing boxes there after the beginning of the month and then I'll move my furniture and officially move in on January 15th. I'm looking forward to just being settled already!

kentuckyslim
12-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Exciting! New digs are always fun, especially when they come with more cabinets and closets!

BEAST MODE
12-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Sounds like you found a great place! That'll make prep a little less stressful on you I bet...having space to prep food and you can relax in a hot bath when you get run down. I'm spoiled w/ a tub, and I wish I had a jacuzzi tub instead. But at least I can run the thing full and fall asleep in it for a bit! And play w/ my GI Joe's in there of course!

stephaniewicked
12-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Exciting! New digs are always fun, especially when they come with more cabinets and closets!

Hell yeah, girl... I hate clutter, so I'm looking forward to having a little more space! :)

Sounds like you found a great place! That'll make prep a little less stressful on you I bet...having space to prep food and you can relax in a hot bath when you get run down. I'm spoiled w/ a tub, and I wish I had a jacuzzi tub instead. But at least I can run the thing full and fall asleep in it for a bit! And play w/ my GI Joe's in there of course!

Hot baths are gonna be uhh-mazing. If I disappear for a while after moving day, it's probably because I'm living in the bathtub! What, no rubber duckies for you?!

BEAST MODE
12-12-2010, 03:36 PM
GI Joe's and rubber duckies don't get along...

tammyp
12-12-2010, 04:09 PM
and a good reason to clean out crap!

LisaRD23
12-13-2010, 10:08 AM
How exciting! Congrat's on the new apartment!

stephaniewicked
12-16-2010, 07:05 PM
So the last two weeks have been so crazy... I've been managing to do a little bit of packing and cleaning each day. I'm trying to tackle the moving project in bits and pieces. My apartment is upside down, but I've already cleaned quite a bit and one month from now, I'll be in a bigger, nicer place and all will be zen in my domestic world again. I'll be two weeks into prep at that point though, so I'll have a whole new set of crap to be stressed about, lol. I'm really friggin' excited and looking forward to it though.

Just found out that the first NJ show of the year is aimed for April 16th, so I'll have 15 weeks to prep for that, before hitting up South Carolina in May. Woohoo... bring it onnnnnn!

BEAST MODE
12-16-2010, 07:20 PM
We could potentially be competing on the same day then bud! My show will either be April 9 or 16...if they'd ever get their shit together and set the date!

FBB ELISA CHARM
12-16-2010, 11:11 PM
Good luck with your preparation!
Still long way to go ... Stay focused!

stephaniewicked
12-16-2010, 11:32 PM
We could potentially be competing on the same day then bud! My show will either be April 9 or 16...if they'd ever get their shit together and set the date!

Yeahhhh boy! Can't wait to have a prep buddy to bitch with! :)

Good luck with your preparation!
Still long way to go ... Stay focused!

Thanks Elisa! I'll be in Chicago for Jr Nats in June. Will you be there?

FBB ELISA CHARM
12-16-2010, 11:36 PM

Thanks Elisa! I'll be in Chicago for Jr Nats in June. Will you be there?

:yep: debuting as "WPD"
Are you competing? I can't wait to meet you!

:peace2:
Elisa

stephaniewicked
12-17-2010, 12:32 AM
:yep: debuting as "WPD"
Are you competing? I can't wait to meet you!

Elisa

Woohoo! I'm really excited about the WPD... can't wait to see who's competing and what the judges are looking for, etc. It sounds like a great opportunity for a lot of ladies, so I wish you lots of luck. Yes, I'll be competing... look forward to meeting you!!

tammyp
12-17-2010, 05:53 AM
tick tock......:)

BEAST MODE
12-17-2010, 09:22 AM

You know it! Having someone to bitch with makes cardio go by so much faster! And it definitely pulls me out of the slumps I hit through the day.

partsRheavy
12-17-2010, 10:11 PM
Hope you have a great time in the new apt. Hopefully it'll be a great environment for your prep!!!!!

Are ya lifting now?

stephaniewicked
12-18-2010, 10:19 AM
tick tock......:)

January 3rd, it's on... 16 days to GO! No chunky butt at the Arnold THIS year! :)

You know it! Having someone to bitch with makes cardio go by so much faster! And it definitely pulls me out of the slumps I hit through the day.

Well I'll do my best to use whatever energy I have to help you, if you promise to do the same. I'm a handful though, so be warned! Ha... actually, I made a promise to myself to have a happier prep this year and I'm holding myself to it. If I step outta line, just verbally bitch slap and send my ass back to happy town. I need to learn to be more positive and less cranky when I'm on the road to reaching my goals!

Hope you have a great time in the new apt. Hopefully it'll be a great environment for your prep!!!!!

Are ya lifting now?

Thanks, doll. Yes, of course... my splits are legs (2x/week), chest/shoulders, back, and bis/tris. I do cardio out of necessity... lifting is where my heart is! ♥

stephaniewicked
12-18-2010, 10:23 AM
My Tib is at Hyundai today so I'm without a car until this evening. The heat is starting to go and my warranty is up in 800 miles, so what a good time for something to break! I hope this isn't the beginning of a whole mess of crap though, or I can kiss my competitions goodbye!! :(

Just had my eggs and oats and now getting ready to go with Jon to finish his Christmas shopping. He's actually off this weekend for the first time in friggin' weeks. Quality time on a weekend? Feels like a luxury, and I'm gonna enjoy it.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend! :)

FBB ELISA CHARM
12-18-2010, 10:45 AM
:gm:

Saturday is the day to have the house cleaned, grocery shopping and have my meals for the next 3 days done!
Also is the weight in day....
this morning I am weighting 143lbs, 2lbs gain.... yeahhh!
I will try to take my progress photo and post later...

Glad to hear that you are having a romantic evening... that is great... Enjoy.

Have a wonderful week-end!

ElisaCharm

BEAST MODE
12-18-2010, 11:30 AM
Well I'll do my best to use whatever energy I have to help you, if you promise to do the same. I'm a handful though, so be warned! Ha... actually, I made a promise to myself to have a happier prep this year and I'm holding myself to it. If I step outta line, just verbally bitch slap and send my ass back to happy town. I need to learn to be more positive and less cranky when I'm on the road to reaching my goals!

PROMISE!!! I'm very appreciative of everyone who supports me, so the least I can do is give back to all of you.

My Tib is at Hyundai today so I'm without a car until this evening. The heat is starting to go and my warranty is up in 800 miles, so what a good time for something to break! I hope this isn't the beginning of a whole mess of crap though, or I can kiss my competitions goodbye!! :(

Just had my eggs and oats and now getting ready to go with Jon to finish his Christmas shopping. He's actually off this weekend for the first time in friggin' weeks. Quality time on a weekend? Feels like a luxury, and I'm gonna enjoy it.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend! :)

Have an awesome weekend with the fella! And good luck w/ the car!

kentuckyslim
12-18-2010, 08:34 PM
Heard it's your bday :)

http://oi53.tinypic.com/1zyyot0.jpg

Happy Birthday!

FBB ELISA CHARM
12-19-2010, 12:19 PM

Is it your birthday!?

Celebrate!!!

Elisa Charm

BEAST MODE
12-19-2010, 12:24 PM
Happy birthday Steph!!! Here's your boy toy lookin all GQ...

Melissa
12-19-2010, 02:37 PM
I hit you up on FB but I wanted to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY here too!!! I hope you enjoy your day and get a little pampering from your man;)

FBB ELISA CHARM
12-19-2010, 02:47 PM
I hit you up on FB but I wanted to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY here too!!! I hope you enjoy your day and get a little pampering from your man;)

I couldn't find you guys on FB... I would love to here you guys on my list...
add me FITELISACHARM

Elisa

stephaniewicked
12-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Heard it's your bday :)

http://oi53.tinypic.com/1zyyot0.jpg

Happy Birthday!

WOOHOO! I wish someone REALLY bought me this for my birthday! I'm almost done with my 3rd tub, time to buy more!! Thanks girl! ;)

stephaniewicked
12-19-2010, 05:19 PM

Is it your birthday!?

Celebrate!!!

Elisa Charm

Thanks Elisa!!! :)

Happy birthday Steph!!! Here's your boy toy lookin all GQ...

Hell yeah... that's a sexy ass pic. You know me so well, bud!

Thanks mama... my man has been very good to me today. I'm so lucky!!

I couldn't find you guys on FB... I would love to here you guys on my list...
add me FITELISACHARM

Elisa

I can't find you either, so add me when you get a chance! www.facebook.com/stephaniewicked (http://www.facebook.com/stephaniewicked)!

Sunnyday
12-19-2010, 05:53 PM
Happy birthday, Steph! :flowers:

partsRheavy
12-19-2010, 08:55 PM
Happy Birthday!!!!

LisaRD23
12-22-2010, 10:26 AM
a little late, but Happy Birthday!!:hugme:

chris250
12-22-2010, 07:09 PM
Hey steph how do you like the humapro...Im thinking about putting sarah on it for her shows...She doesnt like to eat alot, of food, just in general...and I thought that the humapro would be a good way to go...

also, nice to see a journal of a top level bikini girl on here...Tell Jon I said hi...

see ya at Jr.Nats

stephaniewicked
12-27-2010, 10:10 PM
Hey steph how do you like the humapro...Im thinking about putting sarah on it for her shows...She doesnt like to eat alot, of food, just in general...and I thought that the humapro would be a good way to go...

also, nice to see a journal of a top level bikini girl on here...Tell Jon I said hi...

see ya at Jr.Nats

Hey Chris! I LOVE humapro... I can't say enough good things about this product. I started on October 1 and I'm almost done with my 3rd tub. Now that the powder is out, I wanna try that next. I say try it out and if she doesn't like it, I'll buy it off you!! :D

We will see you in June (at least, we better this time!!) Hope you guys had a great holiday!

stephaniewicked
12-27-2010, 10:34 PM
I'm behind on posts, so figured I'd write a little something-something. Last week was crazy with Christmas and all, as I imagine it was for almost everybody.

My holiday was awesome... ate wayyy too much yummy (crappy) food and I believe it's all out of my system now. Prep starts one week from today and I can't friggin' wait! Also, got and received some great gifts... NOT that it's about the presents, but it was pretty nice to see smiles - and in one case, tears (happy tears) - in the eyes of my loved ones. I love giving people something from the heart and seeing their reaction when they open it up.

We got hit with a blizzard yesterday. Thankfully the gym was open, so I hit it up for arms and 45 minutes on the stepmill. Today I slept late and then spent an hour and a half cleaning off my car and shoveling the 2 feet of crap from the driveway and porch. I took a nap after that and then showered, got ready for the gym... just to call and find out it was closed. Ugh! My plan is to get up semi-early tomorrow and hit legs in the early afternoon. Then I have dinner plans with a friend I haven't seen in a while.

I'm off this week, but I didn't have enough vacation days to take the whole week off, so I'm going to head into the office on Wednesday to catch up on emails and stuff. It should be a pretty quiet day though... then I'm off again til Monday.

The apartment is mostly packed. I have boxes everywhere though and it's driving me crazy. I get the keys from my new landlord on Sunday, so I'm going to begin bringing things over, cleaning the new place and slowly getting stuff in order. I hope that by having two weeks to get completely moved in, it will alleviate some of the stress and make the task less over-whelming. Guess we shall see... just looking forward to being settled already!

This move is bittersweet for me. Sweet for the reasons mentioned previously... I really need a bigger place and it's more open and spacious than my current apartment so I think I'm really going to feel like it's "home". Bitter because I really thought the next time I moved, it would be with Jon. It's a very sore subject for me because after 3 years, he is resistant to moving away from home and I deeply resent that. As a result, I'm a bitch and I don't hide how I feel about it. Sometimes I feel guilty for the way I treat him because of it, and other times, I feel like "Whatever! I deserve to feel this way!" *sigh* Oh well, at least I can continue to feel confident and independent. I've been living on my own for years; I'm used to it. I'm just tired of feeling like I'm in a dead-end relationship. The lease is up in February 2012, so that leaves me 13 months to either keep boiling about this or finally get up the nerve to make some changes. I've got some time, so only time will tell what happens... I'm hoping to have the majority of my 2011 consumed with contest prep and my physique goals, so that should keep my mind fairly well-occupied. Yupppp.

And on that note, I think it's time to eat again!!

Sunnyday
12-27-2010, 10:41 PM
My sister lives in Rahway and yeah they got hammered, too - 2 feet. My mom is staying with us in Maryland right now but is heading back to Westfield tomorrow. My sister and her boyfriend already shoveled out my mom's house so at least she doesn't have to get back to a snow-covered driveway.

stephaniewicked
12-27-2010, 11:24 PM
My sister lives in Rahway and yeah they got hammered, too - 2 feet. My mom is staying with us in Maryland right now but is heading back to Westfield tomorrow. My sister and her boyfriend already shoveled out my mom's house so at least she doesn't have to get back to a snow-covered driveway.

Rahway and Westfield aren't too far from me at all... That was nice of them to dig your mom out... if you don't do it the first day, then the snow gets icier and harder to shovel. It was alot volume-wise, but at least it was light and fluffy, which made shoveling less painful than it could have been. So, for that I was thankful!

BEAST MODE
12-28-2010, 05:27 AM
I'm behind on posts, so figured I'd write a little something-something. Last week was crazy with Christmas and all, as I imagine it was for almost everybody.

My holiday was awesome... ate wayyy too much yummy (crappy) food and I believe it's all out of my system now. Prep starts one week from today and I can't friggin' wait! Also, got and received some great gifts... NOT that it's about the presents, but it was pretty nice to see smiles - and in one case, tears (happy tears) - in the eyes of my loved ones. I love giving people something from the heart and seeing their reaction when they open it up.

We got hit with a blizzard yesterday. Thankfully the gym was open, so I hit it up for arms and 45 minutes on the stepmill. Today I slept late and then spent an hour and a half cleaning off my car and shoveling the 2 feet of crap from the driveway and porch. I took a nap after that and then showered, got ready for the gym... just to call and find out it was closed. Ugh! My plan is to get up semi-early tomorrow and hit legs in the early afternoon. Then I have dinner plans with a friend I haven't seen in a while.

I'm off this week, but I didn't have enough vacation days to take the whole week off, so I'm going to head into the office on Wednesday to catch up on emails and stuff. It should be a pretty quiet day though... then I'm off again til Monday.

The apartment is mostly packed. I have boxes everywhere though and it's driving me crazy. I get the keys from my new landlord on Sunday, so I'm going to begin bringing things over, cleaning the new place and slowly getting stuff in order. I hope that by having two weeks to get completely moved in, it will alleviate some of the stress and make the task less over-whelming. Guess we shall see... just looking forward to being settled already!

This move is bittersweet for me. Sweet for the reasons mentioned previously... I really need a bigger place and it's more open and spacious than my current apartment so I think I'm really going to feel like it's "home". Bitter because I really thought the next time I moved, it would be with Jon. It's a very sore subject for me because after 3 years, he is resistant to moving away from home and I deeply resent that. As a result, I'm a bitch and I don't hide how I feel about it. Sometimes I feel guilty for the way I treat him because of it, and other times, I feel like "Whatever! I deserve to feel this way!" *sigh* Oh well, at least I can continue to feel confident and independent. I've been living on my own for years; I'm used to it. I'm just tired of feeling like I'm in a dead-end relationship. The lease is up in February 2012, so that leaves me 13 months to either keep boiling about this or finally get up the nerve to make some changes. I've got some time, so only time will tell what happens... I'm hoping to have the majority of my 2011 consumed with contest prep and my physique goals, so that should keep my mind fairly well-occupied. Yupppp.

And on that note, I think it's time to eat again!!

Not sure what's worse...that, or being in one you think is going to work out ideally, then they pull some evil bullshit on you and leave you for someone else w/out explanation. But good luck and I hope everything works out for you bud!

tammyp
12-28-2010, 05:54 AM
i didnt realize you didnt live together! and he still lives w his parents? hmmmm.....idk steph..you so independent...

less than a week and diet starts.....woo hoo~! enjoy your final days of freedom!

musclegoddess65
12-28-2010, 12:26 PM
Steph I hope you get things figured out relationally... I think both ways suck... to be in a dead end relationship (yeah my hand is in there air on that one too) or to be in one that you think is gonna work then they pull some stupid shit (been there too)

snow shoveling not missed by me... sorry guys... honestly I don't mind the task but thankful its not an issue in SC..

stephaniewicked
12-28-2010, 01:29 PM
Not sure what's worse...that, or being in one you think is going to work out ideally, then they pull some evil bullshit on you and leave you for someone else w/out explanation. But good luck and I hope everything works out for you bud!

Thanks, buddy! I've already had that other scenario. I was with my first boyfriend for 7 years (7 years of on and off hell - physical and mental abuse, cheating, etc). It finally ended when he met some other bitch and left me for good. The good thing is that karma is also a bitch and people always get what they deserve. :D

As for Jon, I love him with all my heart. He will do anything and everything for me if I asked him to (but I don't, because I'm too proud and independent so I don't let him)... we've had some rocky times just because he treats me too good that I didn't know how to deal with it since I never had that before. It took me a long time to even realize that I deserve to be treated well, because of how shitty I was treated by the ex. My family completely adores him and I'm close with his also. He tells me he wants a future with me... marriage, kids, house, etc. I'm just cautious because he doesn't want to live with me yet. My aunt and sister were joking with him on Christmas trying to find out if he bought me a ring. I'm not THAT girl. I just want to feel secure about our future... I don't care about a giant wedding and all the crap that goes along with it. I'd elope!! I just want that solid thing that symbolizes "we're together forever and I want the world to know it". Is that so much to ask for? Maybe I'm being too much of a girl. I don't know...:dunno:

i didnt realize you didnt live together! and he still lives w his parents? hmmmm.....idk steph..you so independent...

less than a week and diet starts.....woo hoo~! enjoy your final days of freedom!

Yeah, he pays bills... and he works like 7 days a week because he's trying to save for a house. But I can't help but wonder if and when it will ever happen, so I get frustrated.

Yup, next Monday... yayyy!!! :hmn:

Steph I hope you get things figured out relationally... I think both ways suck... to be in a dead end relationship (yeah my hand is in there air on that one too) or to be in one that you think is gonna work then they pull some stupid shit (been there too)

snow shoveling not missed by me... sorry guys... honestly I don't mind the task but thankful its not an issue in SC..

I hear ya, mama. I hate shoveling... love snow, but hate the whole clean up process. Thankfully my two downstairs neighbors and their boyfriends were home, so between all of us, we were able to put a good dent in everything. Then some guy who lives across the street came over with the snow blower and made a path to my front porch so I could get in/out of the house.

BEAST MODE
12-28-2010, 01:49 PM
Thanks, buddy! I've already had that other scenario. I was with my first boyfriend for 7 years (7 years of on and off hell - physical and mental abuse, cheating, etc). It finally ended when he met some other bitch and left me for good. The good thing is that karma is also a bitch and people always get what they deserve. :D

As for Jon, I love him with all my heart. He will do anything and everything for me if I asked him to (but I don't, because I'm too proud and independent so I don't let him)... we've had some rocky times just because he treats me too good that I didn't know how to deal with it since I never had that before. It took me a long time to even realize that I deserve to be treated well, because of how shitty I was treated by the ex. My family completely adores him and I'm close with his also. He tells me he wants a future with me... marriage, kids, house, etc. I'm just cautious because he doesn't want to live with me yet. My aunt and sister were joking with him on Christmas trying to find out if he bought me a ring. I'm not THAT girl. I just want to feel secure about our future... I don't care about a giant wedding and all the crap that goes along with it. I'd elope!! I just want that solid thing that symbolizes "we're together forever and I want the world to know it". Is that so much to ask for? Maybe I'm being too much of a girl. I don't know...:dunno:

OK I read that...then read it again, and it's scary how similar that sounds to the last ex I had. She had been w/ her previous bf for 7 years and endured the same thing as you w/ the abuse and stuff. So our relationship was pretty much destined for failure from the beginning, because I would've done absolutely anything to see her smile, but she was very hesitant to let me. She didn't realize she deserved that because he had made her feel so crappy about herself. Unfortunately, by the time I realized it wasn't going to work, I had already fallen in love w/ her...so out of nowhere she pulls some bs on me and I'm just in shock like wtf did I do? Thought it was all my fault until a good friend put it in perspective. I was sure I'd either put a ring on that one, or just have that solid thing you referred to. Been through several of those, and it's resulted in me swearing off women. I'll just stay single. Less painful this way and definitely makes the lifestyle easier since I can't seem to find a good girl who is into this stuff around here.

Sunnyday
12-28-2010, 02:53 PM

Yeah, he pays bills... and he works like 7 days a week because he's trying to save for a house. But I can't help but wonder if and when it will ever happen, so I get frustrated.

Yup, next Monday... yayyy!!! :hmn:

I hear ya, mama. I hate shoveling... love snow, but hate the whole clean up process. Thankfully my two downstairs neighbors and their boyfriends were home, so between all of us, we were able to put a good dent in everything. Then some guy who lives across the street came over with the snow blower and made a path to my front porch so I could get in/out of the house.

I have been there and too many dimensions therein: abuse, degrading, cheating, and the "what are we doing here?" :dunno:. Keep reminding yourself that it is totally right (and you have the right) to feel secure about your future with him. As soon as either one you doesn't feel that way, you need to communicate that to each other and find out why. If there's tap dancing, then it's time to move on. He's still living with his parents, uh...? I dated one of them, too. I'll hope for your sake that he's not like the one who kept telling me what I wanted to hear and then blindsided me when he got someone else pregnant. That was my cue to move on. :hypno:

And yeah, you are correct to think that the fancy ring, the big wedding, etc. is just a waste of time and money. I have had the big dog and pony show for my first and then a modest one for my 2nd...had more fun at the modest one. :p In fact, 5 years later it still feels like we're on the honeymoon! ;) When the significant other is truly committed and you feel secure, it's always right at every stage.

BEAST MODE
12-28-2010, 03:10 PM
OK things like that are actually comforting to read...helps me hold out just a tiny little glimmer of hope that there could possibly be one good woman left who is available.

Sunnyday
12-28-2010, 03:29 PM
IMHO, a good mate IS there for those who are patient and maintain their integrity & high standards. It's when you become impatient and compromise integrity & high standards you can't help but get into trouble.

BEAST MODE
12-28-2010, 03:32 PM
Yep...good point. Been there and learned my lesson. No compromising from here on out.

Sunnyday
12-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Yep...good point. Been there and learned my lesson. No compromising from here on out.

Good man! Tough to stick to that, but you will find a good - no, great! - woman that way for sure!

BEAST MODE
12-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Good man! Tough to stick to that, but you will find a good - no, great! - woman that way for sure!

That's what all the ladies on here keep telling me...but they know me well enough to know that I don't believe it. I'm such a skeptic anymore when it comes to that stuff.

Sunnyday
12-28-2010, 03:48 PM
When I finally stopped wasting my time and started sticking to my guns, I found it a lot easier to "weed out" the idiots and/or the ones who were just plain wrong for me...and that's when my 2nd husband came into the picture. And I still stuck to my guns, as he did to his. 5 years later it is still as amazing as the first date/first kiss - no joke - and it totally amazes the our friends and family who are either discontent in their marriages or still looking for "the one".

BEAST MODE
12-28-2010, 03:52 PM
Sounds like what Steve and Janet have (my coach and his wife). Good to see couples that can still find and keep that going! I won't even date anymore because I've become so bitter toward the whole idea. So unless it were to just fall in my lap, it's not happening. But I'm still glad to see others have what I would like to have...at least SOMEONE has it!

Sunnyday
12-28-2010, 04:02 PM
Sounds like what Steve and Janet have (my coach and his wife). Good to see couples that can still find and keep that going! I won't even date anymore because I've become so bitter toward the whole idea. So unless it were to just fall in my lap, it's not happening. But I'm still glad to see others have what I would like to have...at least SOMEONE has it!

This!! Stick with this! You may be lonely but you will always be content living this way. :yep:

BEAST MODE
12-28-2010, 04:05 PM
Oh I know...and I am very content w/ it. I am able to catch myself if I start to slip up w/ that now, and I can be somewhat proactive w/ it so I don't get myself into a bad situation. Lonely at times? Sure...but I'm better off being single than being w/ someone who doesn't appreciate me or treats me like crap.

Sunnyday
12-28-2010, 04:12 PM
EVERYONE is better off being alone than with someone who brings them down.

BEAST MODE
12-28-2010, 04:15 PM
Very true! I finally realized that a few years ago and it's just been much better since then. I just think to myself how much worse it could be any time I start getting lonely. No way do I want to be w/ someone just for companionship...makes no sense, not fair to them, and it'd just be a waste of time. Sadly I still have friends my age or older who still do it for that reason.

tammyp
12-28-2010, 05:04 PM
:jump::jump::jump:

stephaniewicked
12-29-2010, 12:08 AM
Rich - I hear ya on the whole dating thing! I got really jaded by the single life after a few years, but made a promise to myself that I wouldn't be "in a relationship" unless I found someone who was worth being "not single" for. Everyone else, it was a quick meet up for coffee or a drink and I'd usually know right away if there was chemistry or not... I hated the whole awkwardness and trying to make conversation, etc. It's weird and uncomfortable... but I was tired of being the 3rd and 5th wheel everytime I went out or hung out with friends.

I met Jon when I was probably at the height of my "I'm never gonna find someone" phase and love was the furthest thing from my mind. I was convinced that I was emotionally broken and would never feel or know how to love someone ever again. Then within a few weeks, I scared myself shitless when I felt I loved him (or felt I knew that he was somebody I could love, if that makes sense). Even my friends were like, "whoa!" because they all knew how I was and it was different with him.

I know if I was single now and someone else was telling me this, I'd be rolling my eyes... but that's how it happened. When I was into the single thing and having fun just being with my friends, going on road trips, clubbing all the time, etc... and then it just stumbled into my life and felt right.

Relationships aren't the end all, be all but from what I know of you, you're a pretty badass dude... so I hope that when the right lady comes along, all the details fall into place so that you can have a happy life together. (Okay, don't smack me for the cheesiness! It could happen!) :p

BEAST MODE
12-29-2010, 05:29 AM
That's pretty much how my last one came about...I was just doin my own thing, focusing on the gym and hanging out w/ my friends, then somehow we started talking and ended up going out a few times...next thing I knew I was head over heels for her. Then the same shit happened that always seems to happen. Totally soured me on women...especially women my age. I'm not into going out and that whole scene, so I just devote all my efforts to being a better bber. I honestly couldn't care less about relationships at this point. That may change down the road, but for right now, all I wanna do is compete and improve each time.

What's weird is the majority of my good friends are females, but all but 2 of them are older than me. However, I have no interest in any of them as far as a relationship goes. I would never pursue that w/ any of them.

stephaniewicked
12-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Great couple of days of training... I'm feeling great physically and mentally. So ready to do this!!

Got my diet from Tammy today and all looks good. I'm gonna enjoy all the good stuff before it gets cut (which probably won't take long, knowing my body!) It's all good though... I'm excited! :D

My new landlord is hooking me up with the keys a few days early, so I'm going over there tonight and will begin bringing boxes over this weekend... can't wait to be settled already. 2 more weeks!

Sunnyday
12-30-2010, 05:47 PM
So excited for you moving into your new place!

:jump:

You will LOVE having more counter space for sure.

musclegoddess65
12-30-2010, 07:47 PM
a new place is so exciting.... hope you get settled quickly

stephaniewicked
12-30-2010, 08:58 PM
So excited for you moving into your new place!

:jump:

You will LOVE having more counter space for sure.

a new place is so exciting.... hope you get settled quickly

Thanks, ladies... can't come soon enough! And YES, all the extra counterspace is going to make food prep that much more pleasant of a task! :p

Melissa
12-30-2010, 09:01 PM
Yayay, I'm so excited for you and your new place! And it sounds like overall you're in a great place going in to the new year and beginning your prep. I garauntee that will make a hyooooge difference in how things unfold for you both in prep and just in general. Hell, *I'm* excited for you to start your prep. Can't wait to see ya back on stage in 2011!!!

LisaRD23
12-31-2010, 10:23 AM
Girl...I've been with my husband since we were 13 years old. We had our daughter pretty young, and even having a child together I lived alone in my own apartment for almost 5 years. We got engaged after on our 10yr anniversary, and got married 3 years later (in 2008).

Things will happen when they are meant to. I feel that living apart and both of us having seperate lives- that we shared to a point- was the best thing for us. It sure didn't feel that way when I was packing my shit for a 2nd time to move to another apartment with our daughter...by myself...but things happen for a reason. I saw that after I stopped stressing so much- why doesn't he want to get married- where is going etc... things ended up evolving on thier own.

You will know in your heart when/if you need to walk away from the relationship. But if everything else is right and this is the only conflict, hopefully all the good will out weigh the bad.

stephaniewicked
12-31-2010, 12:53 PM
Melissa... thank you, girl! :hugme: It means so much to have support from people I admire within the sport such as yourself. And your journal is mostly what inspired me and made me realize that I have to stop being a grumpy dieter and allowing little things to get to me. Hence, my vow to think positive and be as stress-free as possible. :)

Lisa... thank you so much for sharing your story with me. I knew you guys had your daughter young, and that you got married a long time later, but it helps to hear another person's perspective and how you got through it. And now look at you guys!!

stephaniewicked
12-31-2010, 01:04 PM
I've been having a really great week in the gym... chest, abs and back are all sore right now... and I'm drinking my WTF and getting ready to hit arms in a little bit. Tomorrow will be my final leg day and then I'm gonna take Sunday off to get my meals together and maybe bring some stuff over to the new apartment. I wanted to bring boxes over last night when I met the landlord for the key exchange, but I was feeling lazy. Plus my car is so tiny, I would have only been able to bring one box...

No plans for tonight... gonna pick up a bottle of Asti Spumante at the liquor store on my way home from the gym and ring in the new year in my sweats, if I'm even still awake.

Happy New Years Eve to all my friends!
-xox.

BEAST MODE
12-31-2010, 01:06 PM
Enjoy your last few workouts before prep! And what the hell kind of car do you drive that you'd only be able to fit 1 box in it? Or are the boxes just that big?

OK one more question...where the hell is Jon??? Not going w/ him to watch the fights, not staying up to celebrate w/ him tonight? You don't have to answer that if you don't wanna...I was just being nosey. ;)

stephaniewicked
12-31-2010, 01:25 PM
I have a Hyundai Tiburon. The trunk is occupied with crap, not that it really matters... I'd only be able to fit one or two in there if it was empty. The boxes aren't huge, but big enough that only one will fit in my passenger seat. It's a 2-door car and trying to put the boxes in the back seat will be a nightmare, so I'm not even going to put myself through the stress of it all. Good thing the new place is less than 2 miles away because I'm gonna have alot of car rides back and forth, lol.

BEAST MODE
12-31-2010, 01:27 PM
Ummm...yeah, that sucks! Find someone w/ a truck and bat your eyes at them when you ask if you can borrow it...they won't be able to tell you no.

stephaniewicked
12-31-2010, 07:48 PM
Oh god, no... I don't know how to use my femininity to get my way. I wasn't born with that gene! If someone is blatantly looking at me and I don't want them to, I go all NY on their asses (aka "What the F%$K are you looking at, d-bag?!") I know... so friendly! :)

My uncle has a big van and he told my bro he could use it to come help me move, so I'm trying to figure out a date next week when we could do that. I'm trying not to stress about it now and just trying to have confidence that it will all work out.

WOOOOOOO-SAHHHHHHH!

BEAST MODE
12-31-2010, 07:50 PM
LOL Nice woo-sah! I forgot all about that! Love that movie!

So you're totally not a girly girl then huh?

And don't worry bud...everything's gonna work out just fine. Stressful while you're going through the move, sure...but once you get there, you'll be much happier, I'm sure!

stephaniewicked
12-31-2010, 08:00 PM
Definitely a good movie! "I'm Mike Lowwwwwreyyyy!" lol

Nah, I am a girlie girl... just not when it comes to that stuff. Never was... I think I'm too independent and proud to act like a damsel in distress. I'll make 100 trips in my car before I succumb to something like that. So proud, or stubborn? Not sure... but whatever you call it, that's me! :)

Yeah it will all work out. 2 weeks from tomorrow, I'll be sleeping in my new room and I can take a hot bath in my new tub... ahhh, it's gonna be sooooooooo nice!

BEAST MODE
12-31-2010, 08:08 PM
"You ever just rub your leather?" lol

You're just stubborn...nothing wrong w/ that. I'm super stubborn. I don't care much for the damsel in distress crap anyway, so I'm glad you're not one of those girls. You suck it up and do it yourself...that's respectable.

BEAST MODE
12-31-2010, 08:10 PM
Oh and I'd put money on you spending at least half a day in your new tub! That's a big upgrade for you!

stephaniewicked
12-31-2010, 08:20 PM
Well, what can I say? That's just how I roll!

And hell yeah, that bathtub is gonna be a dream. First bath in more than 2.5 years... If I go MIA for a few days, you know where I'll be!

BEAST MODE
12-31-2010, 08:23 PM
Well I'm gonna need a cardio texting buddy, so if you're in there too long, make sure you have your phone! I'm starting prep with 2 a days. Apparently Steve is not messing around w/ getting me peeled!

stephaniewicked
12-31-2010, 08:28 PM
The water will probably get cold before that will happen... but just in case, the phone is never far, so just shoot me a text and wake my ass up!

Damn, 2 a days to start? No kidding... you're gonna be a force to be reckoned with in Indiana this year! Do work, son!!

BEAST MODE
12-31-2010, 08:31 PM
Nah...I wouldn't wake you up just to have a texting buddy. You need your sleep and I know you're not a morning person.

I can't wait to see how I look in April. Steve and I did a little trial run of prep over summer for about 8 weeks and I went from 204 to 179, got in great shape. This time we have 14-15 weeks to go from about 205 to 170ish. With the gains I made the past few months, I think I'll be pretty happy come contest time!

stephaniewicked
12-31-2010, 08:35 PM
I was just kidding, but it takes ALOT to wake me. I set the alarm an hour before I have to get up because I just pass right back out. And I'm not talking light sleep... this is REM-type shiz. Out like a friggin' light!

And that's awesome... if you did that well in pre-prep, then you KNOW you're gonna kill it for real! And with a great coach in your corner, you have all the essential tools for success!

BEAST MODE
12-31-2010, 08:39 PM
I do the same thing! I started keeping caffeine on my dresser. I put my phone on the other end so I have to get up to shut it off, then take the caffeine before I lay back down, and by the time it goes off again, the caffeine has kicked in.

Damn skrait girl! Steve is a great coach...knows his shit and keeps me motivated. We're both super focused so I'll be nasty in April! Then hopefully I'll have a really nice rebound and be crazy freaky swole in July for Team U! If I'm coming up there for that, I wanna fit in and not feel like a small fry!

stephaniewicked
12-31-2010, 08:55 PM
The caffeine is a good idea. Another reason I'm super psyched about the new apartment is that I can buy a coffee machine because I'll have kitchen space! I've already been daydreaming about prepping it at night, so all I have to do is get up, hit the switch and have fresh coffee while I'm getting ready. I'm good about getting up for morning cardio, especially later in prep because I'm just so damn motivated and focused... it helps when it's springtime and it's already light out too. :o

I'm sure you'll be fine in July... yay! So does that mean you're def coming to NJ? Even though I'm only an hour away, I think I'm gonna stay at the on-site hotel again like I did this year. Less stress to know that I'm already there the night before. Man, its gonna be a long season... but I really am looking forward to everything.

BEAST MODE
12-31-2010, 09:00 PM
LOL @ your excitement about simple things! I actually thought of you earlier when I was eating my last meal and looking at all my counter space and thinking about my food prep. It's funny how simple little things like that get us so excited when we're not used to having them.

Fine in July as in fitting in fine or sessy fine? Or both? lol ;)

I really want to make the trip up there. Really it will depend on whether Ashley competes and if I have the vacation time to take a long weekend. If I do, Chay is going to take me around NYC and be my chauffeur for a day. I've never been in the city, only through JFK. NYC is too big and dirty for me...I'm a country boy. But she says I have to experience it once.

stephaniewicked
12-31-2010, 09:28 PM
You have nooooooo idea! Look at how much counterspace I have right now... do you know how hard it is to cook with such little room? It really IS the little things!

And you'll be fine to the 2nd power... that should cover all the bases, right? lol

I think its easy to take the city for granted, considering I've lived near it all my life and could go there anytime I want. I know why it's such a big thing to see, but at the same time, it's dirty and not really all that spectular... except that it is because it's such a landmark. I dunno... I'd imagine if you've never been there, then it's cool to say that you've gone at least once. It's crazy to think that I used to go clubbing in manhattan a few times a month and then go home, sleep for 2-3 hours and go to work the next day.

BEAST MODE
12-31-2010, 09:31 PM
Awww...Steph I feel really bad for you seeing that pic! Kinda like I wanna prep your food for you and send it to you so you don't have to struggle w/ counterspace...but in 2 weeks you'll be all set!

Fine2 works for me! Thanks bud! ;)

I never understood the fascination w/ clubbing...what's so great about it? Seems to be just a bunch of sweaty horny people rubbing on each other while terribly shitty music blasts in the background at an absolutely absurd volume. Oh, and glow sticks...let's not forget those!

stephaniewicked
12-31-2010, 09:36 PM
LOL, it's okay... I'll accept sympathy in lieu of you prepping my food but the sentiment is appreciated. It's all over soon.

I was into the goth scene, so we would only go to gothic/industrial clubs. There would be little glowstick kids there occasionally though, and that was annoying. But yeah, no rubbing up on sweaty horny strangers. Eww! Just lots of angry stomping around (aka 'dancing') in little skirts and my big, black platform boots. Ahh, back in the day. I can't even be bothered going to my old local stomping ground anymore. I don't have patience for it the way I used to...

BEAST MODE
12-31-2010, 09:39 PM
Hmmmm...that's interesting...you as a goth chick. I mean yeah, dark hair, tats, piercings, but somehow I just don't see you as a goth chick. Goth chicks aren't fine2...but I would classify you as fine2. So maybe that's it...idk. lol

Night bud!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Sunnyday
12-31-2010, 10:29 PM
Steph, with that upgrade to tub you now have some MAJOR INCENTIVE to kill it in the gym and soak it off post-WO. That plus the added counter space and no doubt this is gonna be your best prep yet!

Happy New Year!

Sunny

stephaniewicked
12-31-2010, 10:38 PM
Steph, with that upgrade to tub you now have some MAJOR INCENTIVE to kill it in the gym and soak it off post-WO. That plus the added counter space and no doubt this is gonna be your best prep yet!

Happy New Year!

Sunny

Hope you're right, doll... thanks! ;)

Happy 2011 to you too!!!

stephaniewicked
01-03-2011, 01:15 PM
January 3rd... the day I've been waiting for. Here we goooooooo! ;)

Official start weight is 129.8lbs. Tonight is chest/shoulders and cardio.

Got my blue razz Chain'd Out delivered this morning... right on time, since I used the last bit of my Berry Banana on Saturday! And my Sour Grape humapro should be here in a day or two!

Not much to report... yesterday was kind of a blah day. I brought a few more boxes over to the new apartment and set up one of my shelving units in the living room. I wanted to bring a few more boxes over, but with all the snow melting, there was a huge puddle on the sidewalk leading up to the apartment building and no way to walk around it. I left there with wet socks and sneakers... ugh! I hate that feeling. I just wasn't in the mood to do anymore after that... so I went home, changed into dry socks and sneakers and went grocery shopping. I guess I got a little bit of a cardio done considering how many trips I made up and down stairs with boxes and groceries. I was just physically and mentally out of it after prepping my meals, so I got in bed early... unfortunately I didn't fall asleep until well after midnight, so I got to catch up on some guilty pleasure tv (Bridalplasty, Kendra, Worst Cooks in America, Iron Chef).

BEAST MODE
01-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Happy 1st day of prep Stephalicious!!!

If you need help moving, just let me know! I'll be there in spirit.

BEAST MODE
01-04-2011, 05:17 PM
Hey dudesis! Looking at my vaca this year, it looks like I'll be coming up for Team U! Only thing that would prevent it is unexpected expenses, otherwise I'll be seeing you in July!

stephaniewicked
01-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Happy 1st day of prep Stephalicious!!!

If you need help moving, just let me know! I'll be there in spirit.

That's mean, I could use the help! :(

Hey dudesis! Looking at my vaca this year, it looks like I'll be coming up for Team U! Only thing that would prevent it is unexpected expenses, otherwise I'll be seeing you in July!

Yayyyy!!! That's awesomeness!

BEAST MODE
01-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Well, chicky...if you didn't live half way across the damn country, I'd be more than happy to volunteer myself to help you move! Unfortunately, that is not an option.

stephaniewicked
01-05-2011, 01:20 PM
So my weight was 128.0 this morning. I hate the scale during the off-season, but I get on it every single morning during prep to assess my progress. So for those paying attention, that's 1.8lbs down from Monday. Not anything to get all excited over, but it's nice to see a little bit of a start. I'm having a rough week, so it's nice to have something to be happy about.

Looking forward to legs tonight! Heaven help anyone who gets in the way of my training though. I hate to be mean... I really friggin' do, but these resolutioners are killing me. Monday night was so distracting... too many strange things going on around me. I wish the trainers would jump in a little more and offer assistance to people. At least teach them the right way to do things before they hurt themselves! And also teach them to re-rack their weights when they're done. Jesus! If you're so badass that you can bench 2 plates per side, please be courteous enough to put the 180lbs back where you got it from. Why the hell do *I* have to put YOUR weights away before I can get on with MY training??

In other news... I brought a few more boxes over to the new place before the gym last night. That counts as cardio, right? jk! It's not a bad addition to the cardio on my gym schedule though... I talked to my bro yesterday and we are all set for next Friday. So the 14th is offically moving day. We're supposed to get hit with snow again this Fri/Sat so that's going to delay my goal of getting into the cellar to clean out my crap down there so I'm hoping that it isn't as bad as they're predicting because that REALLY needs to get done and I can't take anymore days off next week besides Friday. *sigh* So much to do, so little time... but it will get done, one way or another.

stephaniewicked
01-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Well, chicky...if you didn't live half way across the damn country, I'd be more than happy to volunteer myself to help you move! Unfortunately, that is not an option.

I know, I know... :p Thanks for the offer though!

BEAST MODE
01-05-2011, 01:26 PM
What's your comp weight? 1.8 lbs in 2 days seems like a lot, but then you are just starting too so I guess it makes sense. I always drop a lot the first week when I clean up the diet too.

stephaniewicked
01-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Yeah, it's just that whole beginning thing I'm sure. Either way, it's just nice... last year I hit so many plateaus where my weight wouldn't budge for 2-3 weeks sometimes. It was really starting to get to me. Of course, Tam told me all the right things and it always worked out the way she predicted it would.

Last year I competed at 105 (sodium-depleted) and 107. So this year I'm sure I'll be around 107 again give or take a pound.

BEAST MODE
01-05-2011, 01:52 PM
How tall are you?

Bryan Hildebrand
01-05-2011, 01:59 PM
So my weight was 128.0 this morning. I hate the scale during the off-season, but I get on it every single morning during prep to assess my progress. So for those paying attention, that's 1.8lbs down from Monday. Not anything to get all excited over, but it's nice to see a little bit of a start. I'm having a rough week, so it's nice to have something to be happy about.

I dont let anyone on the scale except with me there. the mirror and a regular appreciative well trained eye are what you need IMO. just send nude daily pics to my email and I will let you know how you are doing! :hmn:

Looking forward to legs tonight! Heaven help anyone who gets in the way of my training though. I hate to be mean... I really friggin' do, but these resolutioners are killing me.

thats the advantage of looking like me; "are you done with that?" yes is always their answer. and stripping plates off of equipment and announcing I wont be putting anything away tonight, usually gets peoples attention to rerack their shit. but, I am 310lbs... I do have a bit of an advantage.

best of luck with the prep steph. i'll keep reading.

Sunnyday
01-05-2011, 03:23 PM
Looking forward to legs tonight! Heaven help anyone who gets in the way of my training though. I hate to be mean... I really friggin' do, but these resolutioners are killing me. Monday night was so distracting... too many strange things going on around me. I wish the trainers would jump in a little more and offer assistance to people. At least teach them the right way to do things before they hurt themselves! And also teach them to re-rack their weights when they're done. Jesus! If you're so badass that you can bench 2 plates per side, please be courteous enough to put the 180lbs back where you got it from. Why the hell do *I* have to put YOUR weights away before I can get on with MY training??

I feel your pain, Steph. I have the same issues at my gym. Some resolutioner badass decided to put several 100s on the calf machine and left them there. I barely weigh 100 lbs soaking wet and I can't lift even ONE of those plates (yet, I'm workin on it)! Ugh. What makes it worse is the trainers at my gym even went through the trouble of putting up some bold signs at specific machines and while you're on those machines you just can't miss them. I get the feeling these resolutioners need to skip the gym and learn how to read first. :mad:

shankuan
01-05-2011, 04:53 PM
I feel your pain, Steph. I have the same issues at my gym. Some resolutioner badass decided to put several 100s on the calf machine and left them there. I barely weigh 100 lbs soaking wet and I can't lift even ONE of those plates (yet, I'm workin on it)! Ugh. What makes it worse is the trainers at my gym even went through the trouble of putting up some bold signs at specific machines and while you're on those machines you just can't miss them. I get the feeling these resolutioners need to skip the gym and learn how to read first. :mad:

LOLOL! :yep:

stephaniewicked
01-06-2011, 10:50 PM
How tall are you?

5'1"... like Tammy's signature once said, "I'm not short, I'm fun sized!" :)

I dont let anyone on the scale except with me there. the mirror and a regular appreciative well trained eye are what you need IMO. just send nude daily pics to my email and I will let you know how you are doing! :hmn:

thats the advantage of looking like me; "are you done with that?" yes is always their answer. and stripping plates off of equipment and announcing I wont be putting anything away tonight, usually gets peoples attention to rerack their shit. but, I am 310lbs... I do have a bit of an advantage.

best of luck with the prep steph. i'll keep reading.

Damn, THAT'S the key to success? Wish I knew sooner... I'll start tomorrow! :p

You would be very useful if I could keep you in my back pocket and pull you out during such times when I need to throw some attitude around. Although, I do have to say... for a little girl, I think I handle my own okay. Two nights ago, there was a towel and a water bottle near a machine I needed. I asked everyone around me if they were using it or knew who was using it. Negatives all around, sooooo... I tossed the towel and put mine down and got to work. The kid came around a few minutes later and picked his stuff up. Oh well... when it's time to do work, it's time to do work. I don't have time to wait... my workout is more important anyway! ;)

Seriously, girl... I hear that! It's frustrating when you need to use something and have to stop and take someone else's stuff off first. I don't care if people don't put the weights back, but at LEAST strip them off and leave them on the floor! Is that too much to ask? Glad I'm not alone though.

stephaniewicked
01-06-2011, 10:59 PM
I trained arms and did cardio tonight. It's supposed to snow tomorrow and I have some more packing to do around here, so I'm either gonna go just for cardio or give myself an off day. Off days will be unheard of soon, so I may just take it while I still can... Plus I got 17 minutes extra cardio tonight because I was smack in the middle of Grey's Anatomy and it was too good to stop, so I stepmilled my ass off til the end of the episode. Can't hurt, right?

So I'm watching Jersey Shore (yes, I watch it - shut up!) and a Xenadrine commercial comes on featuring Ronnie from JS. Wow, Xenadrine people... how many people are gonna go out and buy the product now because they think they're gonna look like him? :rolleyes: Very smart of their marketing department, gotta say!

BEAST MODE
01-07-2011, 05:11 AM
Does Xenadrine cure herpes? I'm sure he needs it...

Sandpig
01-07-2011, 06:37 AM
So I'm watching Jersey Shore (yes, I watch it - shut up!) and a Xenadrine commercial comes on featuring Ronnie from JS. Wow, Xenadrine people... how many people are gonna go out and buy the product now because they think they're gonna look like him? :rolleyes: Very smart of their marketing department, gotta say!

Well, isn't that the idea behind paying any celebrity to endorse anything?
Especially the younger generation that watches that show.

Keep up the good work, Steph.

LisaRD23
01-07-2011, 10:36 AM
I watch it too:) Missed last night though....but I'll catch the repeat this weekend.

Good luck with the move. The snow is already comming down, but it's not supposed to be as bad as last time.

BEAST MODE
01-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Hey fun-size...just checkin in...hope the snow didn't put too much of a damper on your moving progress!

stephaniewicked
01-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Does Xenadrine cure herpes? I'm sure he needs it...

Most of them in that house do! You know what I don't get? And I'm the same age range as most of them... I was NEVER into that whole clubbing and hooking up/one night stand stuff. To each his own, I'm not judging... but I just wasn't like that and neither were my friends. I get the whole being single and wanting to have a good time thing... but all the promiscuous , casual sex? :dunno: I went through lots of dry spells in my single days, but at least I knew I was disease-free!! Eeek!

Well, isn't that the idea behind paying any celebrity to endorse anything?
Especially the younger generation that watches that show.

Keep up the good work, Steph.

LOL, yeah I know... of course, silly! I just think it's funny because it's fitness-related. Just another myth so that people think they could pop a pill and have a magically transformed physique. It amuses me... :p

I watch it too:) Missed last night though....but I'll catch the repeat this weekend.

Good luck with the move. The snow is already comming down, but it's not supposed to be as bad as last time.

It will be on all weekend, so I'm sure you'll catch one of the repeats. I've already seen it like 3 times already, lol. And thanks girl... luckily, yesterday wasn't so bad!

Hey fun-size...just checkin in...hope the snow didn't put too much of a damper on your moving progress!

Nah, thankfully it didn't... but I also didn't move anything yesterday. I was too damn tired. It snowed most of the day, but it was wet so it just melted into the ground and didn't slick things up too much... which was good because I had an insane day at work and couldn't NOT be there. I couldn't sleep Thursday night and went to bed at 4:15am, so I definitely cashed in on my "off" night last night and did nothing for a solid 3 hours. I tried to nap, but just couldn't sleep... so frustrating! Finally around 9:30pm, I had M5 and then got to work packing up some more stuff. So at least I got something done!

stephaniewicked
01-08-2011, 12:43 PM
So far, so good... :) Weight has been 126.8 for the past two mornings, so 3lbs down so far. I know the plateau will be coming soon, so I'm not getting too excited until those numbers drop another 10lbs or so. I am 19 weeks from the Jr USAs, so plenty of time to get work done!

It's snowing again today, but not in a bad way. It's not really sticking and it's not stopping anyone from going about their day... I love days like this. So damn pretty! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

I got kicked out of my apartment so my landlord could show it this morning. I got up at 10, made M1, threw a load of laundry in and headed over to Dunkin' Donuts for a black, iced coffee to get my day started right! (Yes, despite the snow, I drink iced coffee year round. LOVE C♥FFEE!!)

Then I headed over to Target to get some cleaning stuff I needed. I also found a really girlie badass toolset (black + hot pink - it was screaming "Steph"!) on sale for $4.98... holla!! I needed some tools to dissemble (is that the right word?!) my kitchen table. Plus you never know when you need a hammer or screwdriver, so that was an exciting, unexpected find. Things are coming together and I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel...

The rest of these boxes and things will be out of here by Thursday and then Friday, we just gotta get this furniture moved and I'll be good to go. I haven't done any cleaning or anything in the new place yet. Thankfully it looks fairly clean, but being a germophobe, I definitely plan to bleach the bathtub, vacuum, etc... I just don't have time to do it this week. I have off for MLK Jr's birthday on the 17th and I'm taking off Friday to move, so next week's 4-day weekend will be spent cleaning, unpacking and getting settled. It's almost over... can not wait!!

Getting ready for M2 and then off to attack legs! Happy Saturday!!

tammyp
01-08-2011, 02:43 PM
i have to hear about your progress in here??? only teasing....good week considering the stress of the move~

BEAST MODE
01-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Most of them in that house do! You know what I don't get? And I'm the same age range as most of them... I was NEVER into that whole clubbing and hooking up/one night stand stuff. To each his own, I'm not judging... but I just wasn't like that and neither were my friends. I get the whole being single and wanting to have a good time thing... but all the promiscuous , casual sex? :dunno: I went through lots of dry spells in my single days, but at least I knew I was disease-free!! Eeek!

I've always been exactly the same as you when it comes to that. I can count on 1 hand the number of people I've been with. The majority of my friends lived the opposite way and just hooked up w/ whomever, whenever. To me, I'd rather not get laid than end up w/ an accidental pregnancy or any number of diseases. Sure, sex is great, but it's not worth all that risk to just go put my dick in any and every girl I meet.

stephaniewicked
01-11-2011, 12:02 PM
i have to hear about your progress in here??? only teasing....good week considering the stress of the move~

Sorry, I was better today! :p

I've always been exactly the same as you when it comes to that.

You're a good man, Richie Rich! No wonder I like ya!

stephaniewicked
01-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Weight is 125.6lbs! Tammy is pleased and so am I! :D

Training is going well and I feel good physically/mentally, so I'm just enjoying the ride for now. Trying not to stress about the move and worrying about how I'm going to accomplish everything. It has to get done - one way or another - so no reason to freak, as the only possible result is that things WILL get done. Right? Right... I'm not yet convinced, but I'm definitely trying lol.

We're supposed to get another round of heavy snow dumped on us tonight/tomorrow. I miss snow days! My job doesn't even close when there's a state of emergency. :( And there's no way I am giving up one of my precious vacation or personal days to sit home all day and shovel snow, so hell or knee-high snow, my ass will be at work tomorrow. I don't really mind coming to work in the snow (even though The Tib isn't very good at traveling in winter weather)... I'm more worried that now I'm gonna (1) miss my workout tomorrow if the gym closes early and (2) won't be able to bring boxes over to the new apartment. Ughhhh... but hey - no stress, right? WOOOOOOSAHHHHHHH!

I have to run to the store to go buy a shovel now... long overdue, I think... but better late than never! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!

BEAST MODE
01-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Boo snow! I can't stand this crap...luckily, the sun is coming out now. So I hope it melts everything!

Melissa
01-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Aww, Steph, I feel for you. I know that overwhelming feeling of moving during prep all too well. I had to do it two years ago during prep (I think I was like 5 weeks out) when I moved out after a bad break up. Regardless of the circumstances of the move, the stress is exacerbated that much more when you're prepping. I wish I lived closer...I'd be there to help you out in a minute.

And the awful anxiety of wondering if you'll be able to get your cardio/training in, ugh. I get that even in the offseason (like right now wondering if I'll be able to train tomorrow lol), so I KNOW it's worse for you and I totally feel for you. But I'm sure Tammy would agree that you're far enough out that a missed day is completely fixable. It's just a matter of you being able to wrap your head around that...much easier said than done. I hope the snow doesn't mess things up for you too badly tomorrow. Be safe getting to work and the gym!

stephaniewicked
01-11-2011, 11:47 PM
Boo snow! I can't stand this crap...luckily, the sun is coming out now. So I hope it melts everything!

Thank your lucky stars you aren't here right now then. It started coming down a few hours ago and its supposed to keep going through the night.

Aww, Steph, I feel for you. I know that overwhelming feeling of moving during prep all too well. I had to do it two years ago during prep (I think I was like 5 weeks out) when I moved out after a bad break up. Regardless of the circumstances of the move, the stress is exacerbated that much more when you're prepping. I wish I lived closer...I'd be there to help you out in a minute.

And the awful anxiety of wondering if you'll be able to get your cardio/training in, ugh. I get that even in the offseason (like right now wondering if I'll be able to train tomorrow lol), so I KNOW it's worse for you and I totally feel for you. But I'm sure Tammy would agree that you're far enough out that a missed day is completely fixable. It's just a matter of you being able to wrap your head around that...much easier said than done. I hope the snow doesn't mess things up for you too badly tomorrow. Be safe getting to work and the gym!

Wow, you went through that?? :( Girl, I am so sorry... that's awful! I could really learn a ton from you! You somehow always manage to balance so many things on your plate during prep that could test your will, patience, power, etc... and you always come out on top. You ARE a rockstar!! And you're absolutely right. WTF am I bitching about? I *just* started prep and I started 3 weeks earlier than I needed to (for Jr USAs, at least) so it really won't be the end of the world if I miss the gym tomorrow. I'm a survivor, I'll get through it. :)

tammyp
01-12-2011, 06:22 AM
most of us have a job and a life that sometimes gets in the way of prep. if nothing comes up to stress you or throw you a curve ball lucky you! if you miss a training session, you can make that up. as long as your diet is on point that is the main thing. enjoy the snow..it missed us agian!

Melissa
01-12-2011, 07:47 AM
most of us have a job and a life that sometimes gets in the way of prep. if nothing comes up to stress you or throw you a curve ball lucky you! if you miss a training session, you can make that up. as long as your diet is on point that is the main thing. enjoy the snow..it missed us agian!

Spoken like a true pro. We can't prep in a bubble, though it would be nice. And obviously, the longer you do this sport, the more contest preps you have under your belt--some are more stressful than others but the really rough ones certainly help you appreciate the ones that go a little more smoothly.

stephaniewicked
01-12-2011, 09:01 AM

Spoken like a true pro. We can't prep in a bubble, though it would be nice. And obviously, the longer you do this sport, the more contest preps you have under your belt--some are more stressful than others but the really rough ones certainly help you appreciate the ones that go a little more smoothly.

Excellent advice and so, so true! :hmn:

tammyp
01-12-2011, 09:54 AM
while its important ...yes..but i have a business to run and work behind the chair... that has to be #1. no work=no pay. wo that i cant compete..or do much else!

BEAST MODE
01-12-2011, 10:34 AM
How much snow did you get Steph?

minibabe
01-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Just subscribed.....reading though and this is my first year doing this I would like to go into either figure or bikini. And I just read though your thread great for you posting everything up!

We are the same height and I am trying to gain weight right now and it has been a real challenge. I have only gained about 3-4lbs. I see that in your off season you are about 125 I cant even hit 115 :(

You are really inspiring and I look forward to all of your updates :)

I wish you the best of luck in your up coming season!

Oh and I am on Long island and we got hammered about 16" my new puppy was having trouble jumping around in it (he is only 5 months old) He loves the snow though!

If you have to be out in this be safe!

stephaniewicked
01-12-2011, 12:11 PM
My back is on fireeee today! Man, I haven't been so sore from a back day in a while and it feels DAMN good!

Weight is holding steady at 125.6lbs. So far I've had a weight shift of some sort every two days, so it will be interesting for me to see what tomorrow brings. I don't expect much and I understand that it's just the beginning, but I had a rough time last year and hit several plateaus early in the diet phase. It's cool to see how your body changes or responds differently from prep to prep.

I'm feeling much less stressed today. The weather prediction was wrong (big shock!) and the snow stopped early, so work has been business as usual today. I woke up 1/2 hour earlier so I would have time to dig myself out. It didn't really take too long, since I did just enough to get myself to work... but I'm gonna need to shovel the walkway tonight and de-ice it so we don't slip n slide with my furniture and boxes this weekend.

Work is busy enough that I'm getting things done and look - it's noon already! I think I'm gonna go out and get some fresh air before lunch. The sun is shining and there's fresh snow everywhere. I wanna enjoy it a little bit! :)

stephaniewicked
01-12-2011, 12:16 PM
while its important ...yes..but i have a business to run and work behind the chair... that has to be #1. no work=no pay. wo that i cant compete..or do much else!

Yes, gotta make those $$$! At least I am sitting all day (though sometimes it sucks not being able to move around more), but your job is taxing on your body, I'd imagine... that has to take alot out of you!

How much snow did you get Steph?

Not so much... around 6" I guess? It was coming down hard last night, but it moved along quickly.

Just subscribed.....reading though and this is my first year doing this I would like to go into either figure or bikini. And I just read though your thread great for you posting everything up!

We are the same height and I am trying to gain weight right now and it has been a real challenge. I have only gained about 3-4lbs. I see that in your off season you are about 125 I cant even hit 115 :(

You are really inspiring and I look forward to all of your updates :)

I wish you the best of luck in your up coming season!

Oh and I am on Long island and we got hammered about 16" my new puppy was having trouble jumping around in it (he is only 5 months old) He loves the snow though!

If you have to be out in this be safe!

Hey girl, welcome to Rx... and thanks! Trust me... I don't put the weight on because I want to. My body just likes being fluffy more than it likes being lean, lol. Keep working at it though and don't give up...

Wow, you guys definitely got alot more than us - hope you're enjoying the snow day!!

BEAST MODE
01-12-2011, 01:06 PM
Yes, gotta make those $$$! At least I am sitting all day (though sometimes it sucks not being able to move around more), but your job is taxing on your body, I'd imagine... that has to take alot out of you!

I bet Tammy has some really comfortable shoes!

minibabe
01-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Hey girl, welcome to Rx... and thanks! Trust me... I don't put the weight on because I want to. My body just likes being fluffy more than it likes being lean, lol. Keep working at it though and don't give up...

Wow, you guys definitely got alot more than us - hope you're enjoying the snow day!!

i was enjoying it until I found out that my gym is closed because of it :(

and yeah we got a TON of snow here, it just started back up again. Im sure that my job with be either closed again tomorrow or at least a 1/2 day.

Thank you for the kind words, maybe one day i will have a journal!

tammyp
01-12-2011, 01:49 PM
only about 7 inches here. a regular day in snow country. snow shoeing was awesome but poor radar was getting his ass kicked.

as for shoes...danskos:)

Sunnyday
01-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Ya! Danskos FTW!

BEAST MODE
01-12-2011, 03:19 PM
I don't know what those are!!!

Sunnyday
01-12-2011, 09:04 PM
http://dansko.com/

tammyp
01-13-2011, 06:08 AM
i dont get the nurses shoes...lol the clog kingdom .com has the designer series.

Sunnyday
01-13-2011, 09:03 PM
designer danskos ftw!

LisaRD23
01-14-2011, 12:37 PM
I hope everything goes smooth with your move Steph!! Supposed to snow Saturday afternoon/evening- hopefully it will be a light snow.:)

stephaniewicked
01-15-2011, 11:01 PM
The move went much better than expected. I have to give mad thanks to my bro. It was only him and I that moved everything... but we had a good system and got everything done within 4 hours.

Burned lots of calories for sure! Yesterday's morning weight was 124.4; today's was 123.4, so things are still good in that department.

I spent today unpacking and getting things in order... almost done...