PDA

View Full Version : New guy wanting advice

LoneRiver
10-20-2010, 08:21 PM
1st I have DIABETES Type I (Insulin dependant) please consider this when answering!

I've recently started going to the Gym (2 weeks now) although I used to be active in my youth I've become very lazy and immobile (being a driving instructor doesn't help). I've been told a min of 4 visits per week 2 Cardio & 2 Resistance and a max of 3 Resistance.

My aim is to lose the fat build up, get fit and add some muscle tone to my general body shape (not really after the big muscle look just more than what I have, I'd prefer sooner than later)

I am really enjoying how it is making me feel, I'm alive again :)

Okay the questions:

How necessary are suppliments and which ones?
Having Diabetes which ones should I avoid?
I'm already pusing all I can but the next day is no-longer producing the soreness. This is not good is it???

2 I've been reccomended are:
Wake the Freak.
Any Protein Shake.

For these and any others you reccomend could you please answer:

Are these good?
What can I expect from them?
When should I use them?
Will they mix with Diabetes? (Obviously will check this with Dr but if you can give a definate yes/no it will help to narrow my choices before hand).

Thank you all.

s2h
10-21-2010, 01:02 AM
pm diabetic muscle..he is regular on this board...will give ya some good insight..

miamibodybuilder
01-06-2011, 05:50 PM
just because you're not getting sore doesnt mean you're not working hard man. dont get discouraged because of that. you didnt really post your training routine, sets, reps, exercises. if you're sticking to a certain rep range. DONT. you gotta switch it up, dont just stick with 8 reps or 10 reps because thats what someone has told you or thats what you read. the most important rule in bodybuilding for me is "FIND WHAT WORKS FOR YOU" nothing is every written in stone and doesnt have to be in a certain way. switch things up, angles, sets, reps and exercises. keep your body guessing and it will keep growing, have you tried P/RR/S training? if not, do some research on that: http://prrsguru.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=train i've been using Erics techniques for a few months now and i can honestly see a difference in my weak areas, my chest has grown and mi bi's have really improved. also as far as supplements are concerned, AAEFX has some great supplements, run them by your doctor of course. but their KRE-ALKALYN creatine is second to none, i love it and live by it, KOTIC is their pre-workout drink which is the best i've used to date, it gives you a steady stream of energy without the crash in just one scoop, plus they have protein, glutamine, lean beef aminos and they're all great products. check out the site www.aaefx.com